Jungle Ruins Tutorial/Commentary

Aeliah - Dreamweaver
Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Here's a look at five Jungle Ruins runs I did in a single day on five of my characters. I commented the entire video with various tips and tricks on how to successfully complete Jungle Ruins on a variety of classes. Whether you are new to the instance or an old hand, there is probably something you can learn from watching this tutorial.

Enjoy~

Jungle Ruins Tutorial link

Edit:

The Deadly Race Through Jungle Ruins

This video is not so much of a guide as it is for entertainment, but there's still some interesting tricks you can learn from it that were NOT in the other video!
YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
Post edited by Aeliah - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's neat to see other people do this. Not many do it on Sanc. You have pretty good strats. My biggest recommendation to you is to hug the right wall in the swamp. The right corner is completely safe and makes getting through pretty easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DIL5VGAWvyc#t=127

Also I'd practice carrying your cleric with the barb. It's not really that much harder though you cant use AD. When doing that I just use a speed pot to get through the roaming fires in the maze.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Right corner is safe? That I did not know, I'll try next week. As for doing 2 characters at once, that could work if I already know the correct combination. Perhaps I'll save barb and cleric for after bm and seeker... interesting interesting.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well commented vid.

yw for the tip :p

dogx veno (barb section, 15:40)
    Btw. on that next section with 4 walkers I zoom out the minimap 1 step to have them all in view.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Am I the only one that rush through the ice side toward the end? b:surrender
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Eww PvE videos b:shocked b:bye b:chuckle
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the hallway with the freezing clouds right after Jungle Guardian Mounatain, getting caught causes up to 4 ticks of 25% damage... but it's rounded down. It won't kill you if your health is full and not divisible by 4.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very nice video :o I've never actually tried jungle ruins due to my timezone/schedule not allowing me to stay up to 2-3 am, but since I've started playing on Morai now I'll definitely try it out. I'm sure the tips mentioned will help a lot ^^,
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    In the hallway with the freezing clouds right after Jungle Guardian Mounatain, getting caught causes up to 4 ticks of 25% damage... but it's rounded down. It won't kill you if your health is full and not divisible by 4.

Hitting any sort of hp pot before crossing a sleep thing will save you too. I neglected to mention that in video, but that is fairly important I suppose.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• irishranger
    irishranger Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi everyone, thanks a lot for the guide. =) We all have our secrets about how to be successful in JR, but I have a question about the combination thing. Has anyone of you ever noticed jade change during one event? Before last week I thought the jade always stays the same and only the ring changes after 30 minutes pass. Last week I got to the finish line just after another player and saw he got insignias because he had Flame, I also had Flame but got nothing except mirages and sockets because I had the ring right too. How could it be? The timing was very tricky, we both got to the end just 30 minutes after the beginning (the altar was shining still). After I got my prize (mirages and sockets) the ring changed, it's understandable but why did the jade change?!
    edited October 2013
    Hi everyone, thanks a lot for the guide. =) We all have our secrets about how to be successful in JR, but I have a question about the combination thing. Has anyone of you ever noticed jade change during one event? Before last week I thought the jade always stays the same and only the ring changes after 30 minutes pass. Last week I got to the finish line just after another player and saw he got insignias because he had Flame, I also had Flame but got nothing except mirages and sockets because I had the ring right too. How could it be? The timing was very tricky, we both got to the end just 30 minutes after the beginning (the altar was shining still). After I got my prize (mirages and sockets) the ring changed, it's understandable but why did the jade change?!

The jade doesn't change, only 5 people can get insigs. It's weird though for 5 people to turn in that quest within the first 30 mins. Maybe JR is more popular on your server than mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • irishranger
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the reply, Asterelle! I know the rule about only 5 ppl to get the insigs and I remember you told me that the jade doesn't change but it did last week. How else could I explain why the first person got insigs with flame jade and I didn't?! (Mostly I play on Sanctuary too but I train Jungle Ruins on other server too and it happened there).
    Could you tell me what happens when one gets to the end with the right combination and the time for the top prize is over? Aren't there 3 options for prizes - two white lines (one for the right ring and the other for the right jade) and one violet line (for right combination)?
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the reply, Asterelle! I know the rule about only 5 ppl to get the insigs and I remember you told me that the jade doesn't change but it did last week. How else could I explain why the first person got insigs with flame jade and I didn't?! (Mostly I play on Sanctuary too but I train Jungle Ruins on other server too and it happened there).
    Could you tell me what happens when one gets to the end with the right combination and the time for the top prize is over? Aren't there 3 options for prizes - two white lines (one for the right ring and the other for the right jade) and one violet line (for right combination)?

You can still turn in the correct combination for the Jungle Key at any time even after the first 30 mins (the purple option). Only one person can make the Jungle Key and it can only be used in the first 30 mins to make the belt. You can make the Jungle Key after the first 30 mins but it would be worthless to do so outside of getting a system announce.

You must be making some mistake because I've finished JR at least 100 times each on 6 toons each and the jade never changes. I think there is a 2 hour time limit on it though. Some possibilities of what happened:
    -Maybe 5 people finished it before you and no more jades.
    -Maybe you relogged at the stairs after you picked the jade but before the Jade appeared in your inventory causing that quest to fail.
    -Maybe you misclicked and picked the wrong jade

If you had a screenshot the mistake would probably be obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irishranger
    edited October 2013
    Thank you again, Asterelle! The more I analyse the situation the more I believe that all the rewards for the right jade were taken during first 30 minutes of the event. I never relog after I take the jade and I double checked that I had the jade in my inventory and it was really Flame one and the quest was ok.
    Unfortunately I always forget to make a screenshot because I am too excited at the end, stupid me! =( I am not so skillful in running so far so it's always a great thing for me to get to the end at all. Today I managed to finish with only one of my toons (I had Heaven and Emerald and got mirages and sockets today and I saw b:cute Asterelle b:pleased just before the Aurora hall).
  • Melekhiel - Sanctuary
    Melekhiel - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aeliah, thanks a lot for the guide! It's very useful to so many classes =)

Asterelle, maybe you should make a new video too, with not only your main toon, but with others too? You have different strategies for them as far as I've noticed ;)
  • irishranger
    edited October 2013
    Asterelle, maybe you should make a new video too, with not only your main toon, but with others too? You have different strategies for them as far as I've noticed ;)
    I can double Melekhiel's post. b:cute
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    I have improved my strategies somewhat since I posted this guide... though how successful I do in Jungle ruins has much less to do with the particular strategies I utilize, and more with the soundness of my judgement on any given day. Some days I can do no right in Jungle Ruins... like mistiming when the bombs will explode, and not being able to stop myself from taking unnecessary risks. Some days I can do no wrong, as you saw in the guide. I did, however, post a new Jungle ruins video:

The Deadly Race Through Jungle Ruins

This video is not so much of a guide as it is for entertainment, but there's still some interesting tricks you can learn from it that were NOT in the other video!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• irishranger
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for new video, Aeliah. b:victory You run like pursued by hell hounds b:laugh
    I am still afraid to run along Aurora Hall and usually go to the pyramid first and wait there for the opening.
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver, thank you once again for your video. Today your way of running through the last loop before miasma helped a lot b:pleased Boulders' position was rather inconvenient, I hugged the inner wall and they didn't notice me b:laugh
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I faced a problem recently during Jungle Ruins event. Two weeks in a row the quest for jungle ruins ring fails for me. Why so I can't understand. =( Is it only me or someone else has this problem?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I faced a problem recently during Jungle Ruins event. Two weeks in a row the quest for jungle ruins ring fails for me. Why so I can't understand. =( Is it only me or someone else has this problem?
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Toriell - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 2 months 22 days 22 hours 39 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451