PWI Players Help My Local SPCA by voting

CADHLA - Raging Tide
CADHLA - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
My hometown has an SPCA which serves a pretty large geographical area and is the only one for quite some distance. Unless an animal is received that is dying it rarely puts animals down. It has been known to keep a dog or cat for 2 years until someone adopts it.

The building the shelter is in is composed of old portable school rooms that are over 40 years old and in horrible shape. They started building a new shelter, but as they do not receive any gov't funding and rely only on donations they are having problems. The area is severely economically depressed and the citizens still manage to donate enough to keep the SPCA open and running. They have multiple fundraisers which is how they got the money to build what they have so far.

The SPCA has entered a contest called the Aviva Insurance Community Fund. The winner receives a prize of $150,000 which would pretty much finish their new shelter. You can vote once every 24 hours. So far they are in 11th place, which is really great as this contest is national. I'm not sure if people from all countries can vote or not, but I figure it's worth a try. Anyone interested can visit the website below:

http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf16848

Thanks a bunch, the kitties and puppies will love you forever and ever,
CADHLAb:kiss
Post edited by CADHLA - Raging Tide on

Comments

• whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I votedb:victoryb:cuteb:thanks
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There need to be more nice, no-kill shelters around. Voted and signal boosting to my faction. We're all animal lovers.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • AslansChild - Sanctuary
    AslansChild - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What an excellent way of raising money for something so important and needed! You've got my vote along with faction mates I'll be pushing. (Same ones as Jeremied mentioned. ^^)
    Thanks for your kindness. b:pleased
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No. You didn't say please or get down on your knees and beg for it. So my answer is no.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, Zanryu still plays too. I'm constantly amazed at how this game retains 4.5 years old player base while offers barely anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know someone that worked for the SPCA and it's not as people think it is.

I prefer to don't vote for something that hide stuff from the public to look good.

Hope your SPCA is different, good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, Zanryu still plays too. I'm constantly amazed at how this game retains 4.5 years old player base while offers barely anything.

No he just comes in to try and ruin everyones joy 3:
    I'm in for this, save the kittehs and doges! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know someone that worked for the SPCA and it's not as people think it is.

I prefer to don't vote for something that hide stuff from the public to look good.

Hope your SPCA is different, good luck.
    My partner has worked in two different SPCA facilities, and I myself was a volunteer in both, and they do differ a lot if they're no-kill or they have a 30 day policy. Obviously those folks from a 30 day facility try to side-step the fact that they...you know. Kill the animals after a certain time. <_< And it's less fun to volunteer at 30 day shelters.

Since this sounds like a no-kill shelter, they're probably a lot more caring towards the animals and probably don't just "hide stuff from the public to look good." I'm not saying you have to vote, it's just that your reasons not to sound kind of dumb is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Indeed, SPCAs vary pretty widely from location to location. (I've volunteered/visited at several different ones and they were pretty different in their facilities and how they were run)

I voted for it.

I <3 animals, they make me all sappy and kind hearted.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.