A request for my friend. (pelase read)

Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hi guys. so this is a bit of an appeal for a morale boost to a good friend of mine.

I have a friend down in London, whom I have been in contact with for a year. His name is Sam Michael Fisher, a music artist who likes a bit of rock n acoustic guitar, who recently released a 4 track EP. he has a great sense of humor, though shy, and is highly talented when he's involved with music. He can play the guitar, bass, drums, sing, the works :) A 1 man band, if you like.

However, right now he is having a rough time.

Ontop of having Aspergers (what I have), Sam was diagnosed with depression early this year. He finds himself feeling lonely alot, unmotivated, and emotionally drained.
It's hard to help him when I can emphasize with the aspergers, but not the depression. I feel really bad when I cant come out with answers :(
This is where I come to you guys, to help him out, give him support.

As a bloody great community, I would like to ask you guys to like his facebook page, give him nice comments, support and lthe likes :D And also Download his EP. He also has a youtube channel if you want to have a look and subscribe.

I would highly appreciate it if you heard my plea. Thank you for reading ^_^ As i dont want this talent going to waste <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
Post edited by Esnemyl - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I refuse.

/snipped
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    I refuse.

Well thats nice of you.. :/ Im trying to help a friend and you're butthurt over someone you dont even know?
    What happened to good folk giving a helping hand these days? -.-

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I refuse.

And that's all you needed to say. Now enough with the trolling and flamebait you've been doing ever since you popped back up. Either behave or go take a trip to Disneyland.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And that's all you needed to say. Now enough with the trolling and flamebait you've been doing ever since you popped back up. Either behave or go take a trip to Disneyland.

Kossy, I love you <3

• ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi guys. so this is a bit of an appeal for a morale boost to a good friend of mine.

I have a friend down in London, whom I have been in contact with for a year. His name is Sam Michael Fisher, a music artist who likes a bit of rock n acoustic guitar, who recently released a 4 track EP. he has a great sense of humor, though shy, and is highly talented when he's involved with music. He can play the guitar, bass, drums, sing, the works :) A 1 man band, if you like.

However, right now he is having a rough time.

Ontop of having Aspergers (what I have), Sam was diagnosed with depression early this year. He finds himself feeling lonely alot, unmotivated, and emotionally drained.
    It's hard to help him when I can emphasize with the aspergers, but not the depression. I feel really bad when I cant come out with answers :(
    This is where I come to you guys, to help him out, give him support.

As a bloody great community, I would like to ask you guys to like his facebook page, give him nice comments, support and lthe likes :D And also Download his EP. He also has a youtube channel if you want to have a look and subscribe.

I would highly appreciate it if you heard my plea. Thank you for reading ^_^ As i dont want this talent going to waste <3

I d0n't mind giving him a bump ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Thank you very much my rainbow loving buddy! :D

• whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have just subscribed to his YouTube, he's good. b:victory Also liked his Facebook.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    -snip-

How about we just stop while we're ahead. There's no need for this. You can have an opinion without being "a jerk" about it.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sure, I don't mind. Subscribed to his channel and liked his Facebook page.

Best of luck to you both, and try to ignore the trolls.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Sure, I don't mind. Subscribed to his channel and liked his Facebook page.

Best of luck to you both, and try to ignore the trolls.

Dont worry, I will. Zan really doesnt like positivity it seems D:
    Im just trying to do something kind for my friend :) IM hoping to get him up to the north east for a bit to meet my friends so he isn't so lonely.
    Its very nice to see some of you coming out and giving a loving hand. I completely appreciate it ^_^

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »

How about we just stop while we're ahead. There's no need for this. You can have an opinion without being "a jerk" abou

Well snap it broke the quote. Oh well.

And you can edit whatever part of my post is "being a jerk" without getting rid of the entire thing. This whole "You can do things differently" thing works both ways.

I'm all for acts of kindness but this isn't kindness. This is just "Hey give my friend attention he's sad and stuff. Please like his stuff!" Call it what it is, advertisement.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    /snip

Why was friends with you again? o_O If you didn't like this you coulda just ignored it...
    You can call anything advertisement really aswell.
    I'm only trying to do a good deed for someone who is going through a very rough time. If you don't like kindness and support, please, take your hatred for someone who you don't even know, and probably me aswell, elsewhere.

il_340x270.444145329_1igu.jpg

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Why was friends with you again? o_O If you didn't like this you coulda just ignored it...
    You can call anything advertisement really aswell.
    I'm only trying to do a good deed for someone who is going through a very rough time. If you don't like kindness and support, please, take your hatred for someone who you don't even know, and probably me aswell, elsewhere.

il_340x270.444145329_1igu.jpg

Hatred is rather strong, if that's how you perceive it then more power to you, but it isn't hate. It's more akin to annoyance. If you don't like how I replied to this thread, you too could have ignored it, but you chose not to.

Good deeds are nice, but why not actually do something meaningful rather than shamelessly advertise for your friend so he can get views or likes or whatever it is you're getting for him? Do a solid act of kindness, not just showing off his channel. "Hey man, I know you're depressed so guess what I did. I showed off your channel bro! Feel better!". Excuse me for not seeing how that's such a huge act of kindness. Support I can somewhat understand, but kindness? If that's how you want to put it, go for it I guess.

Again, hatred is a strong word. You're taking it much too personally. I have no hate for you, your friend, or his music, I just think rather than operating under the guise of selfless kindness and caring you should just call this advertisement what it really is, you know, advertisement.

Next time my friend's down I'm gonna go tell people about his youtube channel. That'll cheer him right up!

Also, you spelled "please" wrong in the title. You should have that fixed.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    -removed-
    Just leave him be now. If he wants to get himself banned again its fine. This thread is not his concern, and his attitude is certainly to my concern either. Ofc, the mods will probably put him on the next flight to disneyland prison b:chuckle
    Again, thank you all for the support you're giving my buddy :)

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Just leave him be now. If he wants to get himself banned again its fine. This thread is not his concern, and his attitude is certainly to my concern either. Ofc, the mods will probably put him on the next flight to disneyland prison b:chuckle
    Again, thank you all for the support you're giving my buddy :)

Disneyland isn't a prison. Unless you're like.. those kids they kidnapped and forced to wear costumes, chained to the sides of the ride and forced to dance and such. Then it is, luckily I'm a full grown adult and can enjoy the rides and leave as I please. Awwww yeah.

If I want to be concerned with your thread I can be, I'm a be up on it all day errday postin' away 'cause last I checked anyone can post anywhere, and I'm on topic. I may be posting things you, Kni, and others disagree with but I'm still on topic and have every right to post here. Just because my opinion is an unpopular one doesn't mean it can simply be dismissed because "well he's being a jerk so let's get rid of it" when I'm not actually intentionally being a jerk.

It's a little funny how the guy with the opinion everyone hates has the high road on this.

Enjoy your circleje-- I mean, uh, thing where everyone just says it's all good and agrees on everything and believes that what they're doing is super duper amazing and that anyone who says otherwise is a big ol' meaniepants.

I guess b:chuckle

I'm pretty amazed that nobody has realized if I am a troll you're feeding me pretty hardcore. Like, real talk I'm more fed than champs on ---. If you simply stop stop replying to me I may very well go away, but as long as you continue to feed me and reply to these "oh so very mean and rude comments full of hate and spite" then being the "super duper meaniepants trollface man evil guy" that I am I'm gonna just keep posting.

Oh, and if this post DOES get edited like it more than likely will, just snip out the mention of ---. The rest doesn't break the rules anymore than Esnemyl's posts. Actually, if you do get rid of this like you did my other posts, get ride of Kni's post too. Unlike him I'm actually on topic.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I'm all for acts of kindness but this isn't kindness. This is just "Hey give my friend attention he's sad and stuff. Please like his stuff!" Call it what it is, advertisement.
    Good deeds are nice, but why not actually do something meaningful rather than shamelessly advertise for your friend so he can get views or likes or whatever it is you're getting for him? Do a solid act of kindness, not just showing off his channel. "Hey man, I know you're depressed so guess what I did. I showed off your channel bro! Feel better!". Excuse me for not seeing how that's such a huge act of kindness. Support I can somewhat understand, but kindness? If that's how you want to put it, go for it I guess.

Again, hatred is a strong word. You're taking it much too personally. I have no hate for you, your friend, or his music, I just think rather than operating under the guise of selfless kindness and caring you should just call this advertisement what it really is, you know, advertisement.

Next time my friend's down I'm gonna go tell people about his youtube channel. That'll cheer him right up!

This guy gets it.
    One could get a few fake/unused accounts to like/subscribe to his stuff, but that wouldn't make it an act of kindness, would it?b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its funny that when Zanryu said "no" he got attacked with bunch of hate messages but when Euthymius said nope, everyone ignored. :D
    Also, Im going to say nope, if you want free likes etc, should say it straight instead of trying to hide it behind "oh hes so depressed and I want to do charity", its just total bs.

Zan and Euthy pretty much said it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What's with this general jerkiness now? o_o Sure, I'm not a fan of people fishing for free likes either but hello? Why does this have to be dragged out so negatively here? If you don't agree, just say nothing. Imagine if her friend read this. I know I'd be very upset and sad.

Stop with the negativity. I'm not saying go great length for charity, but making someone's day a bit better is so easy. And it takes nothing more than a few words sometimes.

Long story short, he's quite a good singer o,o Left him a little comment~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Well if that's how you guys think im portraying all this.. ill close this thread off... My apologies that i tried to help out a friend while telling the truth and being honest.

I'm actually quite saddened by this. I thought I was doing a good thing, and I usually get good feedback on a lot of the fun threads I do. Unfortunately, this has made me discouraged to try and promote anything to spread support and joy ever again.

I try to stay positive and hope for the best, and yet this act of kindness immensely backfired. Infact this whole forum experience has inspired me, in a way, to remember there is always silly people who don't understand on this weird and wonderful place of the internet.

GG you guys. GG. If you really want to keep going on the way you are, I am not stopping you. I'll go my way, and you go yours.

/thread

(Xaixai, thank you for your last message of kindness, you put exactly how i feel, i cant even look at this anymroe without my head burning..)

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Well if that's how you guys think im portraying all this.. ill close this thread off... My apologies that i tried to help out a friend while telling the truth and being honest.

I'm actually quite saddened by this. I thought I was doing a good thing, and I usually get good feedback on a lot of the fun threads I do. Unfortunately, this has made me discouraged to try and promote anything to spread support and joy ever again.

I try to stay positive and hope for the best, and yet this act of kindness immensely backfired. Infact this whole forum experience has inspired me, in a way, to remember there is always silly people who don't understand on this weird and wonderful place of the internet.

GG you guys. GG. If you really want to keep going on the way you are, I am not stopping you. I'll go my way, and you go yours.

/thread

(safeng, thank you for your last message of kindness)

People can't just leave well enough alone. It's sad to see that people just have to react negatively to things that, if it doesn't concern them (or they don't like the content of what the person is talking about) they could have just not said anything.

Its funny that when Zanryu said "no" he got attacked with bunch of hate messages but when Euthymius said nope, everyone ignored. :D
    Also, Im going to say nope, if you want free likes etc, should say it straight instead of trying to hide it behind "oh hes so depressed and I want to do charity", its just total bs.

Zan and Euthy pretty much said it all.

It's the way they both (and you) said your "negatives." He with his long post which was just meant to sound degrading, and Euthy with a short and simple "no."

I hope you're proud of yourself.
This discussion has been closed.