So TW season is over. How does your server's map look?

Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
I pose this question every reset. I just like to see maps, okay.

HL's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Someone else can post the picture. Final lands held for Sanctuary were:

Vindicate 20
    Hoorah 9
    Enelysion 7
    Kakumau 5
    Regicide 4
    Corvinus 2
    Solace 2
    Legendary 1
    Meteora 1

Vindicate was dominant as usual. They had a couple of losses to Leg about 2/3rds of the way through the season after some of their members went to Hoorah. They recovered quickly though.

Hoorah is the interesting story of the season. Formerly an alt faction, they became quite successful in the space of one season and attracted people from several other factions. The question is whether they can hold together for next season.

Enelysion had a rough go of it early on. Regicide was very strong at the beginning of the season and handed Enely some rough payback for the previous season. Kakumau also got some free lands off of them while Enely and Regi were fighting. But Enelysion came back strong at the end of the season and took back most of their lands from Regi.

Regicide was extremely strong early in the season but took a nosedive later on. From what I understand their leader had a change in job that limits his playtime. That seemed to hurt them quite a bit. They are currently pretty weak but history has shown that they always come back.

Kakumau got wiped out by Enelysion early in the season and regrouped down in the Raging Tides area. They took some lands off of Enelysion but mostly stayed to themselves. They recently absorbed some strong people from Legendary, so they may be one of the factions to watch in the next season.

Corvinus was pretty quiet this season. Solace got wiped out early on and only recently got back on the map. Meteora I think sat on their one land successfully all season.

Which leaves Legendary. The perennial powerhouse had trouble with their nemesis Vindicate as usual. And once Hoorah got stronger Leg started getting ganked every week, which left them with one lonely land at the end of the season. They certainly can't be counted out for next season as they still have a lot of power, but this is by far the worst finish for them in their PWI career.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://tinypic.com/r/2lqddj/5

Here's Lost City's. Keep in mind that FoxFire is ChinaTown's alt faction. UNITY is Vengeful alts. We got us pretty colors, and some oogleh colors >w<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://i39.tinypic.com/af8s37.png

Dark red - Defiance - 17 Lands, server champs.

Grey - RogueXXX - 10 lands, will likely take 11th tomorrow.

Yellow - Darkness_ - 8 lands, will likely lose 1 tomorrow.

Orange - Immunity - 7 lands

Purple - Ju|\|kies - 6 lands.

Red - PandoraBX - 1 land.

Green - Reneg/\de - 1 land.

Season was interesting, last season champion Nemesis disbanded few weeks into season and it seemed like Defiance would roll to server champs pretty early as they were hitting on RogueXXX 2 months into season. At some point balance changed though, Defiance couldnt any longer win their attacks and Rogue took few lands back from Defiance.

Meanwhile So Hot, mostly ex-Nemesis core members were conquering the South only to disband ~3 months into season. This resulted into the "OP core of Nemesis" flocking into Defiance, turning RogueXXX advantage into Defiance rolling RogueXXX in 15-20mins. Few seriously OP seekers went to RgoueXXX though.

Another 1,5 months or so and said core decided to leave Defiance, mostly for being bored of rolling RogueXXX in under 20mins, week after week. They went to Darkness_, which had 2-3 lands before they joined. This shifted balance into favor of RogueXXX but Defiance had a good lead.

In the end Rogue couldnt keep momentum and Defiance started winning TWs again w/o ex-Nemesis core players, discounting few who stayed(Myself included) and today Rogue lasted 18 minutes - Junkies and Darkness ganked on Defiance on evening, Darkness falling after ~40mins ending double defense into double victory.

Other than that, smaller factions kinda kept to themselves and power jump from top3 to others is massive on archo. Immunity took out smaller factions on the north when big ones ignored them, Junkies finally made their way from south to hit on Immunity for last 2-3 weeks of the season, taking land or two from them. Before that Junkies got their ***** handed to them by Darkness_ after power up, even in ganks, not sure if there was 3 way gank on Darkness_ or not, none were successful though.

Junkies beat Immunity in ~1h and no-show Darkness_ as they got tired of getting rolled. Darkness_ can hold Defiance/RogueXXX only on a on good day on defend, which kinda shows just how far in power everybody is behind the top3. Pretty much if you discount the the other top3 factions, any of the top3 could defend rest of the map the same time and lose none.

Ps. My memory of the season might be bit biased, going from Nemesi->So Hot -> Defiance with alt on Darkness_. Well I would consider my sin more useful but Defiance wanted my archer over my sin.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Raging Tide Map

Light blue - QQme - 20
    Dark Green - Vicious - 15
    Light Green - Leviathan - 15
    Yellow - Valkyrie - 1

Edit: Our TW map looks like "Land and Sea" hahaha (based on the colors ^^)
  • spackigerhaufen
    spackigerhaufen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Morai Map

Requiem 23
    Revision 9
    Absolve 7
    Elysium 5
    Templer 5
    DeStreSS 1
    Zulu 1
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How did the server merge work out for Morai? French or German dominance? Or did everyone just mix together?
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How did the server merge work out for Morai? French or German dominance? Or did everyone just mix together?

some german factions died, some french factions died. the big ones are still there.

the dominating international factions of both former servers are still dominating, absolve and reign (merged with requiem) from lothranis and requiem + revision from momaganon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Raging Tide Map

Light blue - QQme - 20
    Yellow - Valkyrie - 1

Edit: Our TW map looks like "Land and Sea" hahaha (based on the colors ^^)

are the fights even? or one faction is dominating in fights by far?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2013

I guess I'll put this in context since everyone else is doing it.

Infamous - 20
    Dark - 16
    Mayhem - 12
    BankaiGOD - 1
    Crimson - 1
    Dominio - 1

Infamous was pretty rocky this season for a number of reasons, but still managed to pull off second season win.

Dark sorta merged into Infamous about halfway through the season, but it was called off and most of them went back. Eventually, Crimson started to bid them and while Dark lost a couple times at the start, they started winning and claimed 2nd strongest guild spot on the server from Crimson.

Mayhem is actually the 4th strongest guild on the server. The only reason they hold as many lands is because they were left alone for a lot of the season by the top 3 (which, all three can completely destroy them in TW) and well, Crimson won't touch them because allies and Dark was never able to due to wall of Infamous and Crimson between them. So the only lands they lost were to Infamous or a couple of planned stacks by the smaller guilds. Unfortunately, they also completely dominate any lower guilds as well due to getting a full 80. They don't really have a good opponent because they just kinda roll or get rolled.

BankaiGOD is umm...yeah. lol.

Crimson was the 2nd strongest guild at the start of the season. They exchanged 1st and 2nd with Infamous a few times and then later on, started bidding Dark. Dark managed to kick them down to 3rd place. After that, Crimson ended up stacked every week by Infamous and Dark and was wiped off the map completely last week. The only reason they have that one land is because they participated in a five guild stack on Infamous this weekend and got no-showed to defend the rest.

Dominio? Dominio is just a guild full of Latino pros that apparently can win vs. all of the other smaller guilds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Raging Tide Map

Light blue - QQme - 20
    Yellow - Valkyrie - 1
    are the fights even? or one faction is dominating in fights by far?

on RT, VICOUS and QQME are both very organized, well equipped and have each very skilled and experienced players. we had some quite nice and balanced 3h fights this season. qqme was a bit better this time.
    LIVIATHAN is the middlechild of RT. they do not really stand a chance vs #1 or #2, yet. but crush anyone else on the server. with more experience and organization they might catch up.

the remaining factions had a lot of fun this season also. the map was quite colorful for some time. the smaller factions had long and nice tws, too - until the bigger ones had to expand.

RT had a good and exciting tw season! especially since the first half looked like a sure thing for vicous, again. but qqme pulled itself together and managed to win the season after all.
  • Merkrue - Raging Tide
    Merkrue - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://imgur.com/a/gfC56#0

Raging Tide TW history, entire season. Enjoy.
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    http://imgur.com/a/gfC56#0

Raging Tide TW history, entire season. Enjoy.

Wow that's pretty nifty! Thanks for sharing. =)
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DW server TW season map

f:grin
    Dyna -22
    Tempest-10
    Vex-7
    Regenesis-2
    Kindrid-1
    Relic-9

The map on Dynasty has guilds in three different power ratings... at least it was possible to say that before. Tempest is currently inbetween rankings.

Dynasty is a moderately powerful 'level 1' faction. They beat all contenders 1vs1, can sometimes survive ganks from level 2 factions, and can take on any number of level 3 factions.

Tempest *was* a 'level 1' faction. They can still beat all other comers 1vs1 other than Dynasty, but their power is starting to look more like some of the 'level 2' factions. I'll give them a 1.5 rating.

Vex/Relic are 'level 2' factions. They can fight equally between themselves, lose to level 1 factions, and crush any 'level 3' factions even if ganked.

Kindrid/Regenesis are 'level 3' factions. They can fight amongst themselves or wipe off the even weaker, 'level 4' factions who are no longer on map.

Dynasty is the strongest guild on server at the moment by a fairly wide margin. However, for the first 1/2 of the TW season, Tempest, the current (but weakening) #2 guild was *nearly* as strong as Dynasty, and there were some 3 hours TWS... Tempest won once on a 3 hour defense I believe.

This changed due to various factors. A small but significant number of people (exact numbers unknown to me) scattered from Tempest over time. A few of those people ended up in Dynasty, several also went to Vex, and quite a few went to Relic as well.

As Tempest was weakening, Tempest and Vex took to double-teaming Dynasty, which resulted in either Vex or Tempest sometimes winning a fight (a few times Dynasty successfully defended both TWs, however).

Vex emerged early this TW season as the strongest middle power (spot #3). This went uncontested until at long last they broke through the wall of lands Dynasty had inadvertently made separating them from Relic.

Relic appeared seemingly out of nowhere to the uninformed observer like myself. Relic started off as a somewhat minor force in the beginning of the TW season and then quickly rose to be a power nearly equal to Vex. For the last month and a bit, Vex and Relic have been duking it out... each has won a handful of battles in 1vs1, so I'd say the two factions are quite balanced, though Relic appears to have a small edge.

Regenesis and Kindrid are two surviving 'level 3' factions. They tried to work together to take on Relic and, towards the end of the TW season, were losing 3 way ganks.

There were a variety of other factions, but they don't have a power rating next to the other factions on the map.

Fights to watch out for next season:

Dynasty vs. Relic + Vex double defense
    Dynasty vs. Tempest + Vex or Relic (if Tempest gets much weaker, it may enter the middle-class of factions, joining Vex and Relic, and Dynasty may get interesting TWs double defending; currently Tempest + Vex is just a bit too much for Dynasty to handle, though it crushes either in single combat)
    Relic vs. Vex
    Tempest vs. Relic (will Relic get strong enough to 1vs1 Tempest? Expectations are high for Relic due to how quickly it became strong)

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Relic appeared seemingly out of nowhere to the uninformed observer like myself. Relic started off as a somewhat minor force in the beginning of the TW season and then quickly rose to be a power nearly equal to Vex. For the last month and a bit, Vex and Relic have been duking it out... each has won a handful of battles in 1vs1, so I'd say the two factions are quite balanced, though Relic appears to have a small edge.

I'd say no :) We're definitely even. The reason why Relic looks like they have an edge is that they love changing tactics if they lose to us, and learn and adapt, sometimes they take us by surprise! The fights we have are quite the thrill when the tables are constantly turning ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd say no :) We're definitely even. The reason why Relic looks like they have an edge is that they love changing tactics if they lose to us, and learn and adapt, sometimes they take us by surprise! The fights we have are quite the thrill when the tables are constantly turning ^_^

How does adapting and changing tactics NOT give them an edge, however small it may be?
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How does adapting and changing tactics NOT give them an edge, however small it may be?

I agree with Zan here, Relic have been learning extremely fast and adapting new TW strategies. So far in the 1v1s it has been dependent on who shows up for the wars as Relic tend to miss most of their well geared Aussie members in the 2pm fights. As someone from Vex who has been in a number of other high TW factions my opinion is that Relic is quite a bit stronger than Vex if both factions put their best 80 against each other.

Time will tell for next season as everyone looks to recruit, Vex will only get stronger as the members gear up.

Dynasty is certainly the top faction in DW by a long shot, when I was in Tempest at the end of the season before I thought Tempest had finally surpassed them. However as has been said they have lost a lot of members and now a Tempest vs Relic or Tempest vs Vex TW would be quite interesting to see who would claim the #2 spot. Also hoping to see more ganking of Dyna from us little guys!
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Time will tell for next season as everyone looks to recruit, Vex will only get stronger as the members gear up.

Free cake for every new member smashy, rawr :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I miss Calamity.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I miss Calamity.

Calamity was a class 0 faction surrounded by class 2 factions. The gear and skill imbalance between Calamity and other factions was of a sort that has never been seen since and probably never will be seen again.

Just imagine 80 people geared like me, experienced like me, vs. a normal faction. That was Calamity vs (anybody else).

I do applaud their achievements, but I don't miss them. They had their fun, but it usually came at the expense of everybody else. When one faction is too strong, its no fun for anybody else to battle them. When the TW system changed to allow 7 defenses per time slot, the era of superpower factions came to a permanent close, and I think that this is a good thing for the game.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    When the TW system changed to allow 7 defenses per time slot, the era of superpower factions came to a permanent close, and I think that this is a good thing for the game.

I don't think it was so much 7 way defense per time slot that did it so much as tower changes+added crystal health. 7-way defense would still have been possible by certain guilds depending on the guilds that stacked if they hadn't changed towers+crystal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Morai Map

Requiem 23
    Revision 9
    Absolve 7
    Elysium 5
    Templer 5
    DeStreSS 1
    Zulu 1

From that tw map we can say that this server is dead to letting 1 faction take all the city and win !
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    I don't think it was so much 7 way defense per time slot that did it so much as tower changes+added crystal health. 7-way defense would still have been possible by certain guilds depending on the guilds that stacked if they hadn't changed towers+crystal.
    When the TW system changed to allow 7 defenses per time slot, the era of superpower factions came to a permanent close, and I think that this is a good thing for the game.

I don't think RT has ever had more than a 3-way gank, even after the changes. Perhaps other servers have utilized it more then our server. Wouldn't the added tower power n crystal health allow a faction to defend against *more* and not less? (Though I guess it depends if they're going full turtle or actually trying to eliminate factions. Stronger towers would make eliminating members from a gank more difficult, but it would aid in turtling the gank.)
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Morai Map

Requiem 23
    Revision 9
    Absolve 7
    Elysium 5
    Templer 5
    DeStreSS 1
    Zulu 1

yeah, that's saddening not even close competition for a faction like that. Morai is dead.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    I don't think RT has ever had more than a 3-way gank, even after the changes. Perhaps other servers have utilized it more then our server. Wouldn't the added tower power n crystal health allow a faction to defend against *more* and not less? (Though I guess it depends if they're going full turtle or actually trying to eliminate factions. Stronger towers would make eliminating members from a gank more difficult, but it would aid in turtling the gank.)

For some ganks, you need to be able to eliminate guilds quickly before other wars start. Towers amping you + crystal needing more time to take down actively hinders this and can definitely be the difference between taking a guild out in one push vs. wiping and having to redo the push and possibly having to give up another war because you won't make it in time.

Turtling is not always an option and can basically mean losing if it goes on for too long sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    yeah, that's saddening not even close competition for a faction like that. Morai is dead.

The same thing happened on HT, but not because the server is dead. It's just that some factions don't like eachother, some factions don't like anyone, some factions do like eachother, but not enough to merge, some factions would rather quit pwi than merge with others. So we end up with one dominating force usually and it stays that way until the other factions die or rebuild to the point of being able to contest.
    And then the previously dominating faction gets discouraged, or people decide to quit because before that point, tw is boring and there becomes no point.

And then people on ALL the sides start to make drama about all of it.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The same thing happened on HT, but not because the server is dead. It's just that some factions don't like eachother, some factions don't like anyone, some factions do like eachother, but not enough to merge, some factions would rather quit pwi than merge with others. So we end up with one dominating force usually and it stays that way until the other factions die or rebuild to the point of being able to contest.
    And then the previously dominating faction gets discouraged, or people decide to quit because before that point, tw is boring and there becomes no point.

And then people on ALL the sides start to make drama about all of it.
    Yeah.

To make TW more competitive and interesting, given the dwindling population, lack of interest/incentive, and the ineffective nature of adding more fights per time slot, PWI simply needs reduced players per TW instance. Given how dramatically reduced on average guilds can show, it would be more sensible to likewise dramatically reduce the max amount to something like 20-40, with the effect of both allowing a more even fight and promoting spreading out highly geared players to other factions / promoting more fights. Would also require bringing back down crystal HP and perhaps reducing TW max time from 3 hours to 1.

Of course, I'm into radical changes for events to fit a drastically different environment.
  • MeiLilana - Dreamweaver
    MeiLilana - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2013

The map on Dynasty has guilds in three different power ratings... at least it was possible to say that before. Tempest is currently inbetween rankings.

Did you mean "The map on Dreamweaver"... b:chuckle
    You read my signature. That's enough social interaction for one day.
This discussion has been closed.