Should rank gear be account stashable?

Options
Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
I have heard rumors of possibly new classes comming to pwi, additionally wouldn't it be cool to have multi arcane, la, or ha r9s? the idea is that the gear will be account stashable and of course have the requisite class requirement only of the tier of gear (such as aa classes, la classes, and ha classes). Who wants to farm r93rd over and over and over >.<
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• bronyatheart
    bronyatheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I have heard rumors of possibly new classes comming to pwi, additionally wouldn't it be cool to have multi arcane, la, or ha r9s? the idea is that the gear will be account stashable and of course have the requisite class requirement only of the tier of gear (such as aa classes, la classes, and ha classes). Who wants to farm r93rd over and over and over >.<

"The original troll" Mhm.... Also unless it is announced on the official PWI site, there's not going to be any new classes. Rumors are just that, rumors.
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    oh heaven forbid you have work for the most op gear in the game b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    BS poll options. But look at it, rank gear is supposed to be an achievement a single person earned. And you want to stash? lol

Besides that PWE would NEVER do it ... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    >OP forgets that R9 is Class-specific and that is something that will never change
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I heard a rumor that PWI will be paying people to play this game soon. Same source as OP.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Both poll options are terrible, rank gear is class specific, and the whole thing is that it represents what that single character has done.

I'm quite fine with rank gear the way it is now in terms of utility for multiple characters. If you want stashable gear, we have G16 Nirvana for that. If you want the "best" for your character then you can invest into rank.

And there are plenty of people with multiple R9 characters that haven't put a penny into this game. So the "only CSers can do it" argument is both stale and not applicable here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    No

That is why I mostly have NV gear to share with my AA casters. Going full r9rr for all would melt my AmEx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh, I voted before read the post.

Stashable for the same class yes, example I'm mystic, if I make a other mystic same account would be nice.

But a AA R9 stashable for all AA? No... loll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Both poll options are terrible, rank gear is class specific, and the whole thing is that it represents what that single character has done.

I'm quite fine with rank gear the way it is now in terms of utility for multiple characters. If you want stashable gear, we have G16 Nirvana for that. If you want the "best" for your character then you can invest into rank.

And there are plenty of people with multiple R9 characters that haven't put a penny into this game. So the "only CSers can do it" argument is both stale and not applicable here.

I agree with this statue, both poll options are aweful.

Rank gear is class specific and there really wouldnt be a need for it to be stashable if you had the class already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't mind it being stashable but keeping the class restriction. That might convince me to make a sage archer so I can switch for those situations where I'd prefer sage.

If you remove the class restriction I'd have fun using sin r999 daggers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    cant have them stashed.

to fit what you want, would have to make some kind of ticket, like i dont know, if you bought one R9 set you can have discount for next one. but doubt would work.

and "the whole thing is that it represents what that single character has done" is bs to be honest lol. who farmed their rep doing quests etc? who farmed chips? who got their medal of glory by TW only? b:laugh
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Pwi is too greedy to allow that, although this would be nice.
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    We got an instance to get materials to "upgrade" "nv 2nd cast" to "R8 2nd cast".
    Before the release I was hoping that this "R8 2nd cast" would be a different version, which is stash-able and not class-specific. Then the instance would make sense for us, because "R8 2nd cast weapons" are nice for some situations. This change would even be good for pwe, if they would just keep the 200k rep requirement (most ppl still CS rep).

Atm the mats of trials + new instance are useless. And there is still no point to go to nirvana tempel anymore.

I would vote for

* No, R9 gear/weapon shouldn't be stash-able

* No, old R8 and old version of "R8 2nd cast" shouldn't be stashable.

* Yes, there should be a different version of "R8 2nd cast" which is not class-specific - but stash-able. Give us even cheap re-rolls for this version (with mats which drop in nirvana).

This would give us some extra in-game aims. And that's what this game is about (at least for the majority).

If I would believe that anyone with decision-making power does read what we are writing in this forum, I would even make my own thread + poll, but, well...
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think you guys are forgetting the original point of this poll. This change is mainly for if these new classes were to come out. I say this because when the tideborn class came out, they were way overpowered and instantly made zhen squading and many other things obsolete. I myself spend about 6 months farming over half a billion coins a month farming my r9 3rd cast and if a new arcane class that is way stronger than current ones comes out, i'd want to be able to transfer my strongest gear between my wiz and that new class. And i do understand the argument for only G16, which makes sense, but everyone has that now and it is not as strong as when I first farmed it.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think you guys are forgetting the original point of this poll. This change is mainly for if these new classes were to come out. I say this because when the tideborn class came out, they were way overpowered and instantly made zhen squading and many other things obsolete. I myself spend about 6 months farming over half a billion coins a month farming my r9 3rd cast and if a new arcane class that is way stronger than current ones comes out, i'd want to be able to transfer my strongest gear between my wiz and that new class. And i do understand the argument for only G16, which makes sense, but everyone has that now and it is not as strong as when I first farmed it.

The same tideborn that had no demon/sage skills, that people were uncertain of the mechanics behind, and that nobody really wanted in squads? b:question

Clearly we must have been playing different games back then...
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The same tideborn that had no demon/sage skills, that people were uncertain of the mechanics behind, and that nobody really wanted in squads? b:question

Clearly we must have been playing different games back then...

Tideborn Assassins: 7 aps frenzy IJS. r8s (best gear at the time) were dead in seconds max
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    YES because rank isn't a achievement anymore you just buy it now.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Who cares. Even if account stashable, the gears require reputation and they have strict class restriction.

Stashing rank gears could be useful for those who wants to make a Sage and Demon archer, for example.

Sage and demon archers are very well balanced, some people tend to want and have all sage and all demon skills from a class, why can't they?

Also, I'm a demon sin, i prefer demon over sage, people say sage sucks other say sage rocks. I'll never know, even tho I don't have the patience to level a sin all the way up all again and having to get rank for him all over again, that would suck a lot.

Ah, and after having ranked my new sin all the way up i'd have to refine and shard his rank gears all over again b:shocked

No definately not worth it.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Agreed. There are options if you want stashable gear; if you have to have the best, you have to pay for it. Making it stashable would only help if you had two of the same class on one account anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    >OP forgets that [url=-http://derpicdn.net/img/2013/8/16/402140/large.png]R9 is Class-specific[/url] and that is something that will never change

Just seconding this post.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    wish at least s2 r9 ring was non class specific (all are fking same anyway) and stashable
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't mind r9 to be stashable... I have a set on my demon bm on this account. I wouldn't mind to be able to use it on my sage bm also when I have enough rep. However, I do agree for it to be staying class specific.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If r9 was stashable, I would totally make a sage barb just so I can have both cultis. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Where's the "no, go away" poll option?

I'd probably use sins r8 plate and barbs r9t3 on my bm and be 5 aps base with 4 pieces r9t3.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ew, no. r999 should stay class specific. >:P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    No it shouldn't be stashable (if your talking about swapping it between different classes)

But if you're talking about (R9 type gears) being swapped between 2-characters of the same class on the same account, then maybe it should be (though to be honest, I don't ever see {PWE} doing that; since they only seem to care about maintaining ways to keep taking our money from us (as they've proven time & time again), rather than actually giving a **** about us (which they've also proven time & time again)>>(b:surrender)b:bye

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Silly poll options and voted no.
    Rank gear is related to the the class so it makes no sense to be able to account stash it :/
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Chloroformed - Heavens Tear
    Chloroformed - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I vote yes between the same class, having a Sage/Demon on the same account myself.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If it was stashable and use-able between the class itself then I'd probably say yes o.o though still highly unlikely.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★