Becoming a Billionaire Blademaster 90+

FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Blademaster
You have to become a stellar blademaster to achieve a network of brilliant, skillful friends. To do this, you need to learn only a few skills which will achieve this goal!

1. Heaven's Flame
  • You must cast the skill Heaven's Flame after your squad member's highest damage dealer has sparked. This means count to 4 seconds in your head right after you see the sparking, red glow.

An assassin will friend you during their initial days of farming if you are able to perform quality heaven flame's for said sin. This will help provide you with funds to continue the growth of your character.

Settle for 40% of drop rates if the sin offers, or just take 50% if that's how this works...anyhow you and your new friend will be on your path to farming treasures for as long as your connection last.

You don't need to invest heavily into your armour or weapons..I will recommend you to add amber shards to your axes, so that your heaven's flame never ever misses. I'll recommend you buy cheaper accuracy rings, just refine to + 3in the beginning of your farming and you can wear legendary 97 Chest plate, along with osme Cheap tt 90 armours. I recommend not going for Attack Per Seconds gear just yet.

You can afford a cheap Oht necklace and belt in the auction house, and run around using physical marrow on the bosses whom do an AOE attack. You can focus more on your genie skills to help maximize your fellow sin's damage output. If you are able to turn all of your points into your genie to this, then the sin will love you.

Genie:
20 vit
10 magic
The rest of points allocate into strength.

Learn the skills Tangling Mire, Extreme poison, cloud eruption level 1, holy path.

This will allow you to help the party maximize the damage output!

Investments:

You must start to invest your earnings into raising your hitpoints and defenses more, rather than your damage when you achieve your level 100s. You can do so by upgrading to nirvana gear, and then eventually G 16 gear after you're making extra money from Nation Wars. I find this is important, so that you can start working more in tougher environemnts, while staying alive longer. If you are able to tank more hits in Nation wars, then you can assist your team more...you could potentially run a flag in small battles, or you could help stun and kill opponents by debuffing.

You should learn the genie skill Occult Ice on nation war nights, and you can help your squad heavily by constantly stunning. freezing, sealing tougher opponents/flag runners.

Final Investments:

Start turning your coins into extra revenue by sitting up a catshop to buy items at a relatively lower price, than you'd normally buy. This not only saves you coin in the long run, but allows you to gain profit if you choose to sell to others as well! Try to start off with inelastic items such as chi stones, plat hp and mp charms...you can purchase these during sales, and hold on to them and resell just 1 week after sales, or hold out until Nation War nights and TW nights..This will give you a extra 30-50% profit gain each time you are able to do this.

Do not be razzled on the idea of helping your faction out by upgrading your gears too fast. This is long-term, if they expect you do upgrade immediately in short-term, while harming your performance in the long run than it's not worth it. You shouldn't start trying for rank 9 until you have at least 3B coins saved...here's why.

After your first 1B coins are gained, and you are constantly merchanting, you are still in comparable gears to gank, pull mobs, debuff bosses to make runs faster. A blademaster can survive quite well in relatively cheaper gears by placing points in only enough dex to weild axes, and enough strength to wear armour, while remaining points are allocated into Vitality. You will place amber shards into weapons, wear magical ornaments, and you will place immaculate citrines into armour to be around 10-12k hp buffed on a cheaper budget.

I hope this inspire you to not rush your gears to fast, and take advantage of your class speciality, and respect your time into building a good genie, since genies are cheaper than gears but way more useful!

I'll write more specifics later on in this thread!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
Post edited by FlyRanger - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You have to become a stellar blademaster to achieve a network of brilliant, skillful friends. To do this, you need to learn only a few skills which will achieve this goal!

1. Heaven's Flame
    • You must cast the skill Heaven's Flame after your squad member's highest damage dealer has sparked. This means count to 4 seconds in your head right after you see the sparking, red glow.

Ideally the entire squad should spark simultaneously, and HF needs to wait for OP sin's powerdash.

An assassin will friend you during their initial days of farming if you are able to perform quality heaven flame's for said sin. This will help provide you with funds to continue the growth of your character.

Settle for 40% of drop rates if the sin offers, or just take 50% if that's how this works...anyhow you and your new friend will be on your path to farming treasures for as long as your connection last.

If a sin is going to split 40-60 with a newly 100 BM just for HF...what are you even farming

You don't need to invest heavily into your armour or weapons..I will recommend you to add amber shards to your axes, so that your heaven's flame never ever misses. Tangling Mire too hard to use before HF I'll recommend you buy cheaper accuracy rings, just refine to + 3in the beginning of your farming and you can wear legendary 97 Chest plate, along with osme Cheap tt 90 armours. I recommend not going for Attack Per Seconds gear just yet. Of course, let's keep splitting and being a sin's HF slave while delaying solo farming abilities as much as possible

You can afford a cheap Oht necklace and belt in the auction house, and run around using physical marrow on the bosses whom do an AOE attack. Holy **** what? You're going to die in TT 1-1 squad, phys marrowed lol You can focus more on your genie skills to help maximize your fellow sin's damage output. If you are able to turn all of your points into your genie to this, then the sin will love you.Like if you are a strong, independent BM that don't need no sin

Genie:
    20 vit
    10 magic

Learn the skills Tangling Mire, Extreme poison, cloud eruption level 1, holy path.

Investments:

You must start to invest your earnings into raising your hitpoints and defenses more, rather than your damage when you achieve your level 100s.So that you can't farm at all, yup You can do so by upgrading to nirvana gear, and then eventually G 16 gear after you're making extra money from Nation Wars. I find this is important, so that you can start working more in tougher environemnts, while staying alive longer. If you are able to tank more hits in Nation wars, then you can assist your team more...you could potentially run a flag in small battles, or you could help stun and kill opponents by debuffing.

Vit doesn't even matter with the gear you have starting out (TT90, mold, OHT) because everyone oneshots you anyways...it's the difference of oneshotting for twice or 1.5X your max HP lol

You should learn the genie skill Occult Ice on nation war nights, and you can help your squad heavily by constantly stunning. freezing, sealing tougher opponents/flag runners.
    Or you can, you know, use stuns, gg

Final Investments:

Start turning your coins into extra revenue by sitting up a catshop to buy items at a relatively lower price, than you'd normally buy. This not only saves you coin in the long run, but allows you to gain profit if you choose to sell to others as well! Try to start off with inelastic items such as chi stones, plat hp and mp charms...you can purchase these during sales, and hold on to them and resell just 1 week after sales, or hold out until Nation War nights and TW nights..This will give you a extra 30-50% profit gain each time you are able to do this.Could of started merching from day 1 lol; 1 mil is not hard to come by

Do not be razzled on the idea of helping your faction out by upgrading your gears too fast. No, let's stay in G15/TT99 armor This is long-term, if they expect you do upgrade immediately in short-term, while harming your performance in the long run than it's not worth it. You shouldn't start trying for rank 9 until you have at least 3B coins saved...here's why.

After your first 1B coins are gained, and you are constantly merchanting, you are still in comparable gears to gank, pull mobs, debuff bosses to make runs faster. Or you can, you know, get aps gear, pull mobs, aoe, debuff AND do noticable DPS and be able to tank easier bosses off the bat A blademaster can survive quite well in relatively cheaper gears by placing points in only enough dex to weild axes, and enough strength to wear armour, while remaining points are allocated into Vitality. You will place amber shards into weapons, wear magical ornaments, and you will place immaculate citrines into armour to be around 10-12k hp buffed on a cheaper budget.
    Do you like, like missing sins and archers? http://pwcalc.com/cc02d24c571be519

I hope this inspire you to not rush your gears to fast, and take advantage of your class speciality, and respect your time into building a good genie, since genies are cheaper than gears but way more useful!

I'll write more specifics later on in this thread!

Go away DSRanger
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So like is this serious or one giant big troll post? I can't tell. b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Considering the person behind the name...yea

I think he's serious

he's been spamming WC for attention all. day.

srsly

wtb>old Fly back
    Channels

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you need to learn only a few skills which will achieve this goal!
    1. Heaven's Flame

Lol, i love this post b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • bigchewy
    bigchewy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So like is this serious or one giant big troll post? I can't tell. b:shocked

You and me both know the answer to this. Its sad to see the reputation of this toon going down like this...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is definitely a lot of misinformation in this post/thread. Though yes there is some of it I do agree with. (I more or less agree with pretty much every point walpurga made... though I do have a bit to add to it.)
    Ideally the entire squad should spark simultaneously, and HF needs to wait for OP sin's powerdash.

^ Absolutely 100% agreed, so much damage potential lost by not timing your hf with the spark of the highest 'dd'/tank (whether it be melee or magical) in squad, even more so if others are sparking as well. (As wal pointed out idealy its best to hf after EVERYONE'S spark)... and if you have too... just hf, don't spark, the boss will die faster with your hf + their sparks than if you sparked with them but didn't hf. (debuffs are so key for faster kills)

If a sin is going to split 40-60 with a newly 100 BM just for HF...what are you even farming

Yea... 40/60 split so doesn't seem like it is something that is worthy of anyone's time, sure it's a start, but still when your spending as much time in the instance as the sin, even if they are dealing a majority of the damge/incuring more of a repair fee... getting a 40% cut so isn't appealing at all imho.
    You don't need to invest heavily into your armour or weapons..I will recommend you to add amber shards to your axes, so that your heaven's flame never ever misses. Tangling Mire too hard to use before HF I'll recommend you buy cheaper accuracy rings, just refine to + 3in the beginning of your farming and you can wear legendary 97 Chest plate, along with osme Cheap tt 90 armours. I recommend not going for Attack Per Seconds gear just yet. Of course, let's keep splitting and being a sin's HF slave while delaying solo farming abilities as much as possible

Actually it depends on what you want to do with that hf... if you limited yourself to just the HF/axes.. miring may not be too hard to do... and even if you have fists you could still mire/hf only without apo/genie usage/not to mention no sparking. Though really if you wanted too, you could spark, pop an apo, equip axes hf, then equip fists, and finally mire to fully maximize your/the squads damage output for 6-9 seconds, but yea that so isn't that feasible at all.
    You can afford a cheap Oht necklace and belt in the auction house, and run around using physical marrow on the bosses whom do an AOE attack. Holy **** what? You're going to die in TT 1-1 squad, phys marrowed lol

^ Very true... the bold/itaclicized part... not all aoes are physical... not even when talking about pve.
    Or you can, you know, use stuns, gg

This I have mixed feelings/thoughts about. Sure occult ice is a nice addition to a bms other stuns/sleep/seal, but the likely hood of it being usable without some apo is so insanely unlikely you would have a better chance at winning the lotto. (It's funny how people seem so quick to mention a bms stuns/sleep/seal/other crowd control skills without the slightest hint/mention/thought of how much chi it all consumes... not to mention how difficult it is for bms to even get near others... most are such an easy kill... sure they may be able to survive in extreme end game gear, but anything before that... 1 reasonably strong person on the bm, and they go down like a hot knife cutting through butter.)
    20 vit
    10 magic

*Face palms* <-- @ The idea of having both Mire, and EP on the same genie.... even if they stack I for one wouldn't recommend taking up 2 spots for damage multiplying skills on the genie. I do get wanting to make sure there is as many debuffs as possible on the bosses/mobs at all times, but still, sometimes you will need a skill to 'survive' instead of helping the sin/others kill. (SOMETIMES being the keyword)... Besides EP last I checked/heard gets overwritten by subsea strike. Not to mention without apo... there is almost no way you will be keeping up your chi, likewise for the genies energy for the far more useful HF on the sins spark. --- The way you seem to be wanting others to do it... seems seriously flawed.

The bm needs a viable and reasonable way for keeping up their chi to hf every 30 seconds, without having to spend money on apo... even if it is cheap these days. (<--- genies cover that... with the right CE/genie)

EDIT: Gank...? ... Sure you can do that if you dont mind dying a HELL of a lot, and sticking WITH your 'help' at ALL times... if you want to be somewhat effective by yourself... grab some apo, your genie, and a charm (hp)... (<-- all of which seems fully optional for all other classes to be somewhat effective for others solo... sure its optional for bms... but really just go back to my poing about it being effective... as my reply to those of you saying "but sliv it's optional for bms too" I WILL reiterate that fact. Solo bms are not easy to play at all especially without insanely epic gear/insane amount of preparations.) ... still expect to die a lot. Blademasters are undoubtedly the hardest class to play/enjoy in mass pvp. (Dying is one thing for a faction... especially if you are useful... but dying repeatedly while barely being of any help to your nation... is NOT fun at all... at least it isn't in my book)

---

I might have more to add later but that is it for now.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This means count to 4 seconds in your head right after you see the sparking, red glow.

This should be the take home message in this thread, and honestly the rest of the thread it so bad that it should just be closed. Too many BMs still run in and HF almost instantly without allowing others time to setup. I wait about 7-8 seconds usually because...

~Venos want to Soul Degen then Amp, then either Myriad (x2?) or Ironwood.
    ~Seekers want to use their shatters and QpQ Sacrificial Slash and combo it with Northern Sky Waltz
    ~Mystics like to put up a plant first before triple sparking. Doesn't take long but they may as well get your HF too.
    ~Sins... the big one. Squishy sins will open with a Rib Strike, which is great. I encourage that. 2.2 seconds. Then they'll triple spark. 3 seconds. Then they'll WE (somewhat instant, but usually about .2 seconds). Then they'll either Subsea or Powerdash. 1.2-1.6 seconds. So a sin doesn't really start their attack until around 7 seconds after they engage. A level 10 HF is dead by then and a level 11 HF gets 2 seconds of effect if you do them right away. As one of the shortest but most powerful debuffs wait for others to apply their debuffs like amp, sac strike, and subsea.

I encourage Subsea and actually don't like Powerdash that much. My calcs are in the sin forums but the sin class has a latent crit rate of 40-50% at endgame and PD takes them up to 80-95% for 8 seconds, but takes 2 sparks and 1.2 seconds to cast, meaning you lose 6 attacks. Overall, this "40-50% crit increase" is around 15% more damage for 1 player. Subsea is 30% more damage for your entire squad. You can use EP instead for 20% and then PD, but the damage of EP gets doubled by HF so it's like 240%, while Subsea would be 260%. Add Amp, pdef debuffs, def level reductions, mire... and Subsea gets better and better and better. The only time PD is a better option is when a second sin is already doing the Subseaing for you.

Btw, for genies, Vit 45, magic 85 is about perfect for me. It allows me 79 strength, so I start with Triple Spark->Cloud Eruption->HF, then on the second set of spark I use Tangling Mire with other peoples debuffs, then on the third set (33 seconds after first HF) I can triple spark and HF again and keep this up.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can afford a cheap Oht necklace and belt in the auction house, and run around using physical marrow on the bosses whom do an AOE attack. Holy **** what? You're going to die in TT 1-1 squad, phys marrowed lol
    ^ Very true... the bold/itaclicized part... not all aoes are physical... not even when talking about pve.

Very not true for 1-1 squad. The only AOE in there is Drummer's, which is physical. (His lightning attack, which he uses before the AOE starts, is magic but single target.) So are the AOEs of Soulbanisher and Dimentora in 1-2/1-3, General Feng and Ancient Evil in 2-x (not sure about Astral Walker) and um... first boss in 3-x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Yes, I think I am confusing Drummer's single target metal attack as an aoe.

But I think the best example of bosses to not p. marrow on is new Hellfire lol

And DSholder stop ruining Fly's reputation gg...
    Channels

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is precisely why, if I quit the game I would never sell my account. Just let it die and be forever remembered as the smexy pro that i r b:chuckle
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very not true for 1-1 squad. The only AOE in there is Drummer's, which is physical. (His lightning attack, which he uses before the AOE starts, is magic but single target.) So are the AOEs of Soulbanisher and Dimentora in 1-2/1-3, General Feng and Ancient Evil in 2-x (not sure about Astral Walker) and um... first boss in 3-x.

:$ That was definitely a bit... misleading on my part... in that specific instance aye physical marrow is better.... but my statement was meant more for in general... you have to play around/watch closely if a boss' aoe is dealing you (unmarrowed) more damage than the caster... or vice versa. (still if you magic marrow, and take your physical defense down to around 10k... that could easily spell bad news for you while trying to tank a boss. (physical marrow works similarish)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Jjester - Dreamweaver
    Jjester - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DSHolder, please do threads like this on some other toon. Your sin or barb perhaps? FlyRanger does not deserve...this.

On the topic: I laughed so hard at all of this.

Edit: Wow, looks like my icon is broken... Definitely no longer 79.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Yea; Ds is well known enough in his own right; no need to piggyback on fly's toon lol
    Channels

• NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

this guide is soooooooooooooo 2010!!!!!!!!!!

told u in wc dsholder, u are becoming old dude.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ROFL so essentially its sayin run about be a lil bit*h for some random sin dont take yourself seriously cos no1 else will

ok so fact the by ignoring this playin ur toon properly and equiping ur toon properly the 60m+ a wk from NW is simply not any ware near as good or dare we say "PROOOOO" as playin jonny nob end for some ungracious git who wont even split the rewards from farming 50/50? this guy even aware BM's were soloing TT's before sin's were an option? why the hell would ppl want to spent their life just pressing HF and auto atck so they can make some "friend" richer and more OP and get the scraps from their table

to OP, if you're rly finding it this hard to get ppl to play with u in squad and stroke ur DD ego instead of some random troll post gogo make BM alt as nothing you have said cannot be done with multi client and is frankly a lil insulting to any of the newer players coming here to seeking tips on how to play BM having both fun and earning their way to EG
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh good, people keep bumping this ridiculous thread instead of just letting it die...

.... bump.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So tired of derp bm's doing HF before I've done subsea or powerdash, and it's not like the eruption effect doesn't far outlast the piddly HF.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.