Identity change and server merge

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dunno why you guys are being paranoid of forced PVP, if PVP and PVE servers merge it will be PVE due to the option of going white named and PWI having far more PVE players from PVE servers. Much ado about nothing.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Personally, merging the servers and making it forced PvP isn't such a bad idea, but set the forced-white name level to 100 instead of 30. From 30-100 you would still have a choice.

It's not like PvP is any good when you're just ganking the little guy anyway. All that makes you is a ****.

I like this idea~
    It would revive PK with not only a larger congregation of players, but with more variety of enemy/allies in terms of gear and skill. It wont be mostly end-gamers out there who can fight with PvE'ers waiting till they gear up to challenge them.

Since the philosophy nowadays is Plevel to 100 and learn/farm for your character afterwards, I don't see why they shouldn't learn to defend themselves all the while too, heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    WTB server move scroll for 999 zen ples ( that's one short of a thousand)

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think item drop is the reason world pvp is unpopular. Most other games I've played with active pvp don't have that. With end game items no in the realm of billions of coin these days it's just not worth the risk, however small. Sure there are guardian scrolls but sometimes those bug out and safety lock gives you no warning when it's about to run out other than it stops doing a little blinking. Due to a lack of notification it's way too easy to make a mistake and drop something. The way it's rigged now, item drop is not a risk from PVP, it's a risk from clumsiness. Clumsiness shouldn't be punished so harshly, that's not fun.

Personally I would have removed item drop and replace it with gaining XP / rep from killing people. Once you kill someone for XP though you get nothing from killing them again for that day. Also I'd have it announce in common chat or some other channel when someone kills someone else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or you can just bind all your gear and not have to worry like ~90% of the people that currently PVP do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Personally, merging the servers and making it forced PvP isn't such a bad idea, but set the forced-white name level to 100 instead of 30. From 30-100 you would still have a choice.

It's not like PvP is any good when you're just ganking the little guy anyway. All that makes you is a ****.

It's a terrible idea because there are people who actually play on a PvE server because well... they have no interest in PvP at any given level in the game.

If they were to merge servers they should make it PvE, people who have a boner for PvP can just push the PK button and voila, they can pk their hearts out. Or in case of dreamweaver have a teaparty outside of west.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or you can just bind all your gear and not have to worry like ~90% of the people that currently PVP do.

Or, ya know, not have to worry about it at all because forced pvp is stupid.

If PVP was ever forced on to PVE servers because of a merge that would kill the game, say good bye to all the pve people.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Didnt read the whole thread, but my thought is this:

Of course it is possible to do a server merge. If hacking iranian nuclear plants is possible how would this not be possible ? The question is, how much of an effort will it be. Names shouldnt be a problem, an easy solution for PWI would be to give all names a pre- or suffix that indicates the original server they come from. This pre or suffix could then even be hidden from display so no one would need to notice and twice the same name can be on this new server.

The long term trend of game population will inevitably be a downwards one.
    At some point there will be too little population to make the game playable and/or to be financially feasible to run servers at multiple locations.

At this point PWI will have to make an assessment and compare the cost of all efforts for a server merge with the benefit of being able to run their game profitably for a while longer. Inevitably there will at some point be the choice for them between pulling the plug or merging the servers. Lets hope their assessment finds it worthy to merge.

If they dont merge, it will be up to the players to try and get a continuation for the game. Since if they pull the plug, it would also be in PWIs own best interest to not leave a bunch of disgruntled customers and damage their public reputation with that, i think they should be willing to cooperate and provide data files. Maybe SylenThunder for example could start a new merged server then :D
    (without the ability to hyper in FC b:chuckle)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    Or, ya know, not have to worry about it at all because forced pvp is stupid.

If PVP was ever forced on to PVE servers because of a merge that would kill the game, say good bye to all the pve people.

Or we can keep the blue name, but after 100, if you switch it on white name, you can't go back out of it. Ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or we can keep the blue name, but after 100, if you switch it on white name, you can't go back out of it. Ever.

Or we make 2 servers, 1 PvE and 1 PvP. Still quite merge to go from what ? 8 or so ? servers to 2.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    Or we make 2 servers, 1 PvE and 1 PvP. Still quite merge to go from what ? 8 or so ? servers to 2.

This is what I argue for, but then you'd have to be able to give people a choice on whether or not they want to go to a PVE server or a PVP one. Dunno how much more work that'd be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really don't want server merge if there ever was one. I play on other servers to get away from Arch server. SO i mean it would suck lol. Espacially if we merged with HT i have toons over there nothing higher then 61 but still lol.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think item drop is the reason world pvp is unpopular. Most other games I've played with active pvp don't have that. With end game items no in the realm of billions of coin these days it's just not worth the risk, however small. Sure there are guardian scrolls but sometimes those bug out and safety lock gives you no warning when it's about to run out other than it stops doing a little blinking. Due to a lack of notification it's way too easy to make a mistake and drop something. The way it's rigged now, item drop is not a risk from PVP, it's a risk from clumsiness. Clumsiness shouldn't be punished so harshly, that's not fun.

Personally I would have removed item drop and replace it with gaining XP / rep from killing people. Once you kill someone for XP though you get nothing from killing them again for that day. Also I'd have it announce in common chat or some other channel when someone kills someone else

I agree with what Asterelle has said above, the drop bit at lower levels is just the proverbial water off of the ducks back (no real biggy) but at high lvs its something many others don't wanna have forced on them (some of us don't wanna unnecessarily buy binding charms (atleast not until they put Un-binding charms in the boutique aswell) theres a reason why I have & play characters on both {PvP & PvE} servers ~ And where I don't mind having my PvP characters sniped and 1-shotted while also hunting in the PvP servers (thats what I made them for anyways) ~ I don't want to see any of my PvE Characters forced into a mandatory PK mode when I never intended for them to ever go into fulltime PK-mode (I didn't make them for that and would never accept them being forced into it either (I already get enough PK fun with them in TWs and NWs, and don't wanna waste even 1-spits worth of time Pk'ing with them otherwise, as far as I'm concerned)

b:thanks

Why are dedicated PvP server peeps still so much into trying to push an ill-advised option that no one else out of the other 90% of PvE or dual-server type players would ever want??? b:puzzled

((I mean seriously if the servers ever did merge PvP and PvE servers all in 1 and the new servers ended up being PvE based (laughs at that idea, cause it isn't ever gonna happen) then just do what many of the others on the PvE servers do and just activate the PK button and forget to ever press it again so you stay in PK-mode for the rest of eternity, thats easy enough to do now, isn't it???))

b:byeb:bye
  • bobyjoee
    edited October 2013

That would be fine as long as people had the choice, not forced anything.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People seems to think that on PVP servers people are forced to PVP. We have PVE no-RPK factions on PVP servers, I know people that play since 4-5 years that never did PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited October 2013
    People seems to think that on PVP servers people are forced to PVP. We have PVE no-RPK factions on PVP servers, I know people that play since 4-5 years that never did PVP.

And yet they MUST be in PK mode. It's nearly the same as PvP minded people on PvE servers complaining there's not enough PK.

It is and always will be forced PK on a PvP server, simply due to the fact that the second you step out of SZ, anyone can attack you without warning, or are you saying here that PvP servers are also carebear and won't attack people that have joined a "PvE" faction?

PvE factions are nothing but a fluke on a PvP server, as would a PK faction be on a PvE server, it's nonsense.
    Soon™
    edited October 2013
    And yet they MUST be in PK mode. It's nearly the same as PvP minded people on PvE servers complaining there's not enough PK.

It is and always will be forced PK on a PvP server, simply due to the fact that the second you step out of SZ, anyone can attack you without warning, or are you saying here that PvP servers are also carebear and won't attack people that have joined a "PvE" faction?

PvE factions are nothing but a fluke on a PvP server, as would a PK faction be on a PvE server, it's nonsense.

You guys speak like on PVP servers EVERYONE was standing out of all safe zones waiting just to PK everyone that step out.

We have our PVP spots that are probably the same than the ones on PVE servers.

I'm from a big RPK faction and we don't PK everything we see.

If they do merge a PVP server with a PVE server into a PVE server it would be pointless cause the PVP people will leave the game.

Our biggest Carebear factions did turned into RPK faction cause people are bored.

Some servers are still really active and populated and don't need a merge.

Let's take the East coast servers for example, Dreamweaver is the most populated and active of the 3 servers, so the one that need the less a merge, that leave HL and RT, that are both dead, but RT seems way more dead than HL.

So what you do? You merge Dream with RT and let HL alone? Or you will merge HL and RT into a PVE server?

Also on PVP servers harassment is taking really seriously and is bannable, while on PVE servers harassment is allowed, I LOVE PVP, but I'm against harassment and if I get merge into a PVE server that mean people can harass me as much as they want and I have nothing to help me than quit the game or support it, while on PVP servers I can report the person and the person get punished for his acts.

Knowing that harassment is allowed on PVE servers is a HUGE turn off for me, cause as much as I love PVP I know the difference between PVP and harassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lolz @bored PVPers which are looking for cheap targets. Tripple-spark with new stealth pills ftw, right? On cn severs reflection skills work btw.. If we get pvp servers, demon barbs should be able to reflect even mag dmg (relected as physical attack ofc b:pleased).

If you want to force everyone to PVP mode there should be following rules (I want to have fun too): b:laugh

1. Rule: If you kill someone of a hostile faction, you receive 100 repuation points. You can get only get rep by one target once per hour. If target has less than 1k soulforce than you, you don't reveive anything.

2. Rule: BOTH leaders of the opposing factions have to accept that they are enemies. It should only work for factions which hold at least one land.

3. Rule: If you kill a target which
    * is faction-less
    * is not in a hostile faction
    * is not on your kos list (has to be implemented, BOTH sides have to accept)
    * has >1k less soulforce than you
    you lose 50k reputation. Tripple price (at least) of reputation badges in boutique please.
    Then the word "reputation" would make sense finally.

4. No self-buff should be purge-able. Plus give us anti-purge buff pills for a daily quest, like stealth pills (which should make you non-purgabel for 1h, a buff which even stays after relogging).

5. Rule: make rules which make me laugh. I would LOVE it to read even more QQing stuff of PVPers in forum :D

People left PVP servers because they got annoyed and now PVPers want to force everyone to PVP - nice joke lolz b:kiss
    edited October 2013
    You guys speak like on PVP servers EVERYONE was standing out of all safe zones waiting just to PK everyone that step out.

If they do merge a PVP server with a PVE server into a PVE server it would be pointless cause the PVP people will leave the game.

Our biggest Carebear factions did turned into RPK faction cause people are bored.

Let's take the East coast servers for example, Dreamweaver is the most populated and active of the 3 servers, so the one that need the less a merge, that leave HL and RT, that are both dead, but RT seems way more dead than HL.

So what you do? You merge Dream with RT and let HL alone? Or you will merge HL and RT into a PVE server?

Also on PVP servers harassment is taking really seriously and is bannable, while on PVE servers harassment is allowed, I LOVE PVP, but I'm against harassment and if I get merge into a PVE server that mean people can harass me as much as they want and I have nothing to help me than quit the game or support it, while on PVP servers I can report the person and the person get punished for his acts.

Knowing that harassment is allowed on PVE servers is a HUGE turn off for me, cause as much as I love PVP I know the difference between PVP and harassment.

So in a way PK on a PvP server is more carebear than PK on a PvE server?

Simple solution, if there was a merge to PvE server, would be that the same rules of harrassment are in effect for PK, which i don't understand why that isn't the case in the first place. You choose to go PK mode, not to go into "hey-please-harrass-me-to-no-end" mode.

Then again, I am one of those players that never cared about PK one bit.
    All i'm saying is merge it into a PvP server, and you lose a lot of pve players.
    Merge it into a PvE server, people have the option to PK, all you'd need is to enforce the rules of a PvP server when it comes to PK (like the harrassment thing).

So which option would be better suited in the end?
    Soon™
  • FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver
    FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is what I argue for, but then you'd have to be able to give people a choice on whether or not they want to go to a PVE server or a PVP one. Dunno how much more work that'd be.

You can't really just have 2 servers, the whole point of multiple servers is different time zones. I wana be able to switch servers >.< nation wars til 3:30am, not good.
  • bobyjoee
    edited October 2013

Lets say im doing a quest, im level 30, fresh in to the forced PK mode, im not in a safe zone because the quest requires me there, just because you guys have a "spot" doesn't mean people or other in that area aren't going to try and take a jab at you, on a pvp server do you have to be in the spot to pk someone? no. I would rather not have to worry at all about someone killing me. Just because you guys don't pk everything you see doesn't mean someone else wont.

PVP people will not leave the game because people that want to PK will still be able to pk, its not forced PVE.

This is assuming that the servers ever/are in need of a merge and yes some don't.

And that is totally wrong, harassment isn't allowed on any server, on a PVE server if you are white named and out of a safe zone you are fair game, don't want to be killed? stand in a safe zone to heal, buff and what not and go try and kill whoever killed you back, if someone is really harassing you, that is bannable, but standing in a non safe zone with white name is fair game.
    edited October 2013
    So in a way PK on a PvP server is more carebear than PK on a PvE server?

Apparently, on a recent thread where a guy did complain about being harass, people (and mods) said there was nothing he could do since he was on a PVE server in PK mode.
    bobyjoee wrote: »

And that is totally wrong, harassment isn't allowed on any server

No offense, but I believe more the moderators than you on PWI rules and a mods said that in PK mode harassment is allowed on PVE servers and people cannot do anything about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No offense, but I believe more the moderators than you on PWI rules and a mods said that in PK mode harassment is allowed on PVE servers and people cannot do anything about it.

No offense, but I don't believe everything what moderators write in forum, they are just normal players - as I am. I suppose most of them have even less in-game experience than I have. And I didn't see ANY bann lately (for harassment/camping or scamming/stealing/hacking/account sharing or botting or whatever - GMs are in "idc-mode", at least for our server).
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    Griev - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013

WOW, now this is a really good idea ..... NOT!!!! b:angry

Why do you think i get myself Gear based on Lunar ! Because i want to have the option to SELL it if or when i feel the need for it. Binding it with a scroll just to be able to keep my stuff from PK lunatics is kinda idiotic.

And to ALL PvP'rs out here, deal with the fact that some of us do not want to do PvP/PK , EVER !!
  • Kuzshi - Dreamweaver
    Kuzshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Crazy idea here. Let's not merge servers.

There would be a noticeable rise in population once FC/hypers are limited to 75+, as noobs won't ragequit because they fail at knowing their classes or what to do in non-FC squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Talk about missing the obvious.

PvP is dead on the servers where you choose PvP and now you want to kill every the rest of the servers.

Typical of PvP players, I cannot kill you so, instead I will kill the game, by forcing you to be my target when you choose to play a PvE game.

I and many of my friends who have left after spending years with this game, did so because of the change of play style to more PvP oriented play and away from the MMORPG we started with.

Do not tell me what I am missing as I gave your new PvP instances a good run and found them to become as boring as any other PvP instances I have done in all the games I have played over the years. This quickness to reach boredom in PvP is the reason I choose to play a MMORPG in the first place rather than another MOBA.

If the only reason you want a merge is for PvP then maybe the better solution is you pick the correct style of online game to play e.g. MOBA

One last thing, its true, merging is not as simple as you seem to think, as SylenThunder has pointed out, there is more than one database effected here, for example every piece of gear or weapons you have ever created in game has your name attached and these would also need to be altered.

LOL. You call this game a RPG? That really made me laugh. The story is not even well translated, and it's not that interesting at all anyway. You really need to go see what a real RPG is.

In short, the real reason pvp has been declining is because the game is too old now. Probably a lot of people are feed up of "the same".

• paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Crazy idea here. Let's not merge servers.

There would be a noticeable rise in population once FC/hypers are limited to 75+, as noobs won't ragequit because they fail at knowing their classes or what to do in non-FC squads.

and what exactly is going to bring this new population to this game to begin with?

There are plenty of other new MMOs out there that are pretty good. Lowering a FC cap and crossing your fingers for increase in population isnt going to do it there bub.
    Here we go again....
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    and what exactly is going to bring this new population to this game to begin with?

There are plenty of other new MMOs out there that are pretty good. Lowering a FC cap and crossing your fingers for increase in population isnt going to do it there bub.
    I tried to get this through to them in another topic.. good luck. b:bye
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2013

This.

Also, seriously. PVP servers aren't that bad. Outside of events like Tiger event or pk hotspots like West gate/SP, you will rarely, if ever, get pked outside of sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I think that if they merge servers they should make them PVP servers.
    Yeah, cause it make sense to force PVP in a completely PVP broken game b:laugh
    I'm from HL and I'm telling you HL is dead, like totally dead, but people can still find people to do all the PVE they wanna do, HL would like to merge to have some new people in PVP.

It's the PVP part that is dead on servers, not the PVE part.
    And that only tells you that people are not interested in PVP.

If people want's to PVP they can turn PK on and enjoy, if they won't, well that only means that people that wants to PVP are minority in this game, and frankly, they are minority in almost every MMORPG game.