New identity

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    isn't this one of the main reason you don't wanna allow ppl to switch between servers?
    it was a fail reason and now a fail item in the O market

Good point, their greed is just too big to allow it without making any profit, and yet idiots still keep spending money on this game, people like that are the problem, as long as they receive money from sheep they won`t change!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Eh, I don't see it as a bad thing. We could do without it but eople who want a name change can finally get it. I'm happy for them. We saw it coming anyway, ever since it was released in PWCN.

It's still pretty expensive so I doubt scammers will start using it and someone must have serious issues if they are going to spend 39 gold for that item just to get name change to "revenge" someone they hate. I'm pretty sure such people would just roll some alt and most of the time it's pretty obvious anyway.

Account sellers...yeah I can see how it can be used to scam through that but such thing is against the rules to begin with so if you end up in such a deal, it was your choice.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    does anyone know if this changes the name on the gear if it was manufactured by you?

Also, how does this effect people on friend lists.

pwi really should have given more info.

and I can see this being used by people who bought their r9 account on the "black market" then change their name for a new identity so that said old account owners old friends don't whisper and draw suspicion. I can think of 2 people on LC that would most likely use this item.
    Here we go again....
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This doesnt mean someone could pick exactly same name, as a name which is already taken right? Well, for example my name? b:shocked (not mentioning the I/l problem)

pft if that could happen then we coulda done it making a new character, it cant be done cause will say "Name already taken" lol
    thats why you see someone with 4324532 at the end of there name or @#@!$@!!@%#^%$&^% heck some characters that make it look messed up lol cause they mashed there keyboard cause all the names they entered was taken
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    does anyone know if this changes the name on the gear if it was manufactured by you?

Also, how does this effect people on friend lists.

pwi really should have given more info.

and I can see this being used by people who bought their r9 account on the "black market" then change their name for a new identity so that said old account owners old friends don't whisper and draw suspicion. I can think of 2 people on LC that would most likely use this item.

Saw someone who apparently changed his name this morning, didn't even see the stone in the boutique, and still don`t see it, nonetheless, he has r9 3rd cast gear with different name, aka his previous name, so the old name stays regardless.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Now if only there was a change class stone....
    b:sin
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For once something NICE in boutique b:cry

THANKS YOU PWI, that the only boutique item i would like to buy b:chuckle

btw, it is the character name that can be changed or something else (forum or User Name)?
    and will the "manufactured by" change too ?
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    unbarb wrote: »
    btw, it is the character name that can be changed or something else (forum or User Name)?
    and will the "manufactured by" change too ?
    You can apply your new user name in the forums, just how you update for a higher level. I guess your post count starts from zero, though.
    Manufactured gear will stay with the old name.
    Your friends will notice the change, since you have to relog and they might ask you who you are (the name changes automatically in their list) :P

I'm very pleased with my new (main's) name, I gotta admit.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    b:sweatYou people are so weird. Why wouldn't you want a name changing service? A lot of mmos have this service, it was about time PW had it. I'm even surprised we got this here, I really thought we were never going to have this option.

You shouldn't worry about the scammers. The item costs 39 gold, so if you are gonna scam and then change ur name so no one knows you, you better scam for something worth more than 39 gold...

The only problem I see is that there are so many names taken in this game. To make a new name you have to be really creative, and come out with a name pretty much no one has ever used even in real life. PW should delete all those accounts that haven't been logged in 2 years.

What I like the most about this addition is that PWI is gonna implement cross server. Maybe I'm wrong, but being able to change your name could be a 1st step towards it.

I just hope that the people who change their name don't have problems with their FL, faction list, whispers, etc.

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Side note:
    I know somebody who's toon had an inappropriate name and PWE changed his name for him and allowed him to keep the character.

At times the name would glitch, he'd appear to be one name to some people and another to others. Or he might show up in Guild List under wrong name.

Now the point I'm making is not "expect bugs" but something else that this indicates.

The characters original name will still be tied to that character for purposes of moderation. The new name is simply a "display name".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Agreed with everything Azura said.

On another side note I realized on Core Connect you can only find people with their old name (unfortunately). Would be safer if it worked for both.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    b:sweatYou people are so weird. Why wouldn't you want a name changing service? A lot of mmos have this service, it was about time PW had it. I'm even surprised we got this here, I really thought we were never going to have this option.

You shouldn't worry about the scammers. The item costs 39 gold, so if you are gonna scam and then change ur name so no one knows you, you better scam for something worth more than 39 gold...

The only problem I see is that there are so many names taken in this game. To make a new name you have to be really creative, and come out with a name pretty much no one has ever used even in real life. PW should delete all those accounts that haven't been logged in 2 years.

What I like the most about this addition is that PWI is gonna implement cross server. Maybe I'm wrong, but being able to change your name could be a 1st step towards it.

I just hope that the people who change their name don't have problems with their FL, faction list, whispers, etc.

You're talking about the forums..

F2P MMO forums are havens for negativity and malcontent (ex)players.

But you're right, I already posted somewhere name change service is a precursor to nameserver merging.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While 39 gold seems steep to change a name, I think its a decent price. People that legitimately want to change their character name, 39 gold isn't that big of a deal. For a moronic scammer, 39 gold i doubt would be worth the cost.

And as for people that sell the heads room, I agree 90% of the idiot buyers that WC they were scammed, probably weren't, they were just too stupid to understand the terms of the seller.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why would a cheap scammer waste 40 golds to change his name?

That's ridiculous b:bye
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I really don't see why... If some common names have already been chosen on different servers with different databases, then it doesn't change anything. You can't force one of the two to change his name...
    Technically the only way I could see to do that is to prefix every name by their current server's name,but, according to me, those two topics are totally unrelated.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont like this item at all! It was added on my private PW server like a month ago and it didnt bring ANYTHING good. People were changing their names into names of ppl they hate just to give them bad reputation (example letter l looks same as capital i in game). Also other people who already had bad reputation as scammers could simply change their name and scam more people who dont know them. There are more bad examples and I am strongly against this item in game.
    People who made their bad reputation should be responsible of it and work their butt off to make their rep better and not just pop some stone to change their name for a fresh start.

I just caught this post...

Private servers are so different to the real thing. In the 1st place, how much did that cost over there? Nothing right? Everyone gets anything they need with little effort, so it was no surprising there was people using that item just to troll.

The price for this changing name service is a great deal. Is expensive enough to stop trolls like the ones from private servers, and scammers (which don't really matter imo). And, is affordable enough for people who want to change for any other reason.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Brb changing my name and appearance weekly just to mess with people's heads.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Brb changing my name and appearance weekly just to mess with people's heads.
    This, good luck keeping super rich scammers out of your faction now :D, or general A-holes
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This, good luck keeping super rich scammers out of your faction now :D, or general A-holes

Time for you to change name into Burritorain.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _Senel_ - Dreamweaver
    _Senel_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't know if you guys have taken a closer look but pretty much if you decide to change your name, your name cannot be used ever again so it's kinda impossible to scam people.

When I saw this I was like bummers, cuz I wanted to swap names with my Archer and Cleric but unfortunately I have to delete my Cleric in order to get it's name on my archer which I'm not worried about cuz my cleric lvl 69 lol

I did send a ticket to find out if this is possible because then i would be deleting my Cleric for no reason. But if a GM reads my post I will greatly appreciate it if you would reply to what I'm trying to do and if it is possible once my Cleric is permanently deleted I can place my deleted Clerics name to my archer.

Thanks b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Eh, honestly I don't think it will be a problem. Unless they change their name, email adress, IP, complete backstory and writing style. Yay for having an app process? lol

Ontopic: Eh. I don't have a character I'd use it on. I used to have a wiz with a name that bothered me but she was level 60. Imo, rerolling is probably just cheaper unless you got rank or soulbound stuff anyway lol

About the scammers, we'll see. It's quite a steep price, so I suspect they'll just go on with making alts as usual *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Imaspy - Lost City
    Imaspy - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So, now people like Elayne can come back to the game changing his name and his look and preying on more underaged girls. Or, people that everyone hates will be allowed into guilds because no one knows of them but hes got amazing gear.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Honestly, I doubt that the name changer would go as far as to alter the actual player (character) log-in serial code prefix) thats given to each character when they first come online in the game for the first time, I think it will only be a cosmetic name adjuster instead (So atleast that means that the Blacklist & possibly the Friendslist would still work properly (even if the name players chosen name cosmetically changes inside of it)b:victory

But as for factions unknowingly reaccepting black listed players back into their guilds, who knows? (but that was a very good point to bring up on this subjects possibilities Imaspy^^)b:thanks
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since names can be changed now, can we have our server merges?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2013

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kuzshi - Dreamweaver
    Kuzshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can we not? I wanna keep the names I had since server launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    Lolitta - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gm we want gender change! b:cry
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gm we want gender change! b:cry

Approves this message!b:victory
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Never satisfied :3

"want name change D:"
    [pw introduces it after awhile]
    "don't want name change D: scammers and stuff.."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Never satisfied :3

"want name change D:"
    [pw introduces it after awhile]
    "don't want name change D: scammers and stuff.."

I was thinking about that today haha. That's why they disabled comments in their content updates...it's all just a bunch of whining and uninspired criticism.

Sure PWI is far from perfect, but I have to give them credit for adding in content very often unlike other MMOs I've played and stopped over the latter part of my years left in gaming before I quit for good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...