NPC'd r9r weapon but..

Options
rezmenow
rezmenow Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
So about a month or two ago when I wasn't really active I accidently NPC'd my r9r.
I sent a ticket about it and they said they cannot replace it because it is not in their records.
I gave up after a hopeless arguement in reobtaining my weapon through PWI's support team. I then found out that I cannot get r9 weapon at all because I already completed the quest. The quest doesn't reappear for those that already finished it so I sent in another ticket. PWI support didnt seem to understand their own mechanics of the game and asked me if i was at the right NPC and treated me as if I started the game yesterday.. This may not be in the right section but can anyone point me in the right direction? I would really like to get my weapon back even at the cost of rebuying it.
Post edited by rezmenow on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeahh they arent good with responding to tickets at times :/ That must be Horrible for you :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    they need to just make it into a "true" bind gear, like the ones where you go to all that trouble to decompose it at the special boutiqe lady and such

even with the question "do you really want to do this" sometimes stuff happens accidently
    like say clicking a ring to equip, but the ring you wanted to swap out was actually in the secondary ring slot, so you just swapped a ring into a ring slot where you didn't intend for it to go. same goes for npc'g stuff. sometimes something gets unequipped and maybe it's right next to something we want to npc and we know the thing we want to npc is a "special" item, so we auto spam the "go ahead and just sell the dam thing" button, because it's a habit and unaware we are about to create a disaster.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah so this is why I used binding charms on all my r9rr gears. Unable to be sold ftw. b:thanks
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah so this is why I used binding charms on all my r9rr gears. Unable to be sold ftw. b:thanks

^
    Everyone bind their r9 stuff.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    they need to just make it into a "true" bind gear, like the ones where you go to all that trouble to decompose it at the special boutiqe lady and such

even with the question "do you really want to do this" sometimes stuff happens accidently
    like say clicking a ring to equip, but the ring you wanted to swap out was actually in the secondary ring slot, so you just swapped a ring into a ring slot where you didn't intend for it to go. same goes for npc'g stuff. sometimes something gets unequipped and maybe it's right next to something we want to npc and we know the thing we want to npc is a "special" item, so we auto spam the "go ahead and just sell the dam thing" button, because it's a habit and unaware we are about to create a disaster.

I agree with this.

And unfortunately, I'm surprised your ticket was handled like so. That most likely means an inexperienced support technician with PWI handled your ticket. I have had friends who npc'd their R9r2 gear because they wanted to quit, and they were instantly sent back the same exact item on the same day without even sending in a ticket.

I'd suggest sending in another ticket regarding this. If you already completed the quest, then that will be in their logs, and that should be proof enough to get back at least the base r9 weapon. I hope they will replace the r9r.
  • rezmenow
    rezmenow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    thank you skai and everyone. I would love to post the conversation here to show how ridiculous how little they know about the game but unforunately its against the rules xD.
    I will perhaps try another approach and PM v4liance or send in another set of tickets hoping to land the right support technician.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    rezmenow wrote: »
    thank you skai and everyone. I would love to post the conversation here to show how ridiculous how little they know about the game but unforunately its against the rules xD.
    I will perhaps try another approach and PM v4liance or send in another set of tickets hoping to land the right support technician.

v4liance is no longer the CM. The new CM is synchroze. And I wouldn't spam the tickets it only gets you sent back to the end of the ticket line. Good luck on getting your weapon back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Does that actually work on R999? Is that going to interfere if there are future recasts released, as in will we be unable to recast them if they are bound?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Does that actually work on R999? Is that going to interfere if there are future recasts released, as in will we be unable to recast them if they are bound?

Yes, I made bound everything I own, including the R9 ring, just to avoid any slip ups.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yes, I made bound everything I own, including the R9 ring, just to avoid any slip ups.
    As far as recasts and bind charms go... I bound my first cast Warsoul weapon as soon as i got it... then weeks, if not months later... i either bound my recast or it was already bound... And the same as Angel_Spawn here, my r9 ring of trauma is bound... and all 4 of my r8r gears are also bound... and i reroll those all the time after nw's... 50 silver per piece is WELL worth it given the real $ costs of all true end game items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

No, you can just recast them. Recasting bound gear will just result in the newer gear, but still bound. Except for recasting to a dominance tome for some reason (unless they fixed that)
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It may just have been a lazy technician who didnt bother to look into it properly and thought you'd leave it at that. Just keep replying- add as much info as possible such as which npc you sold it too + time and date. Also if you have any screenshots of yourself with the weapon add those as well (its overkill but it shouldnt do any harmb:chuckle)
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Being bound or not bound doesn't change anything with regards to upgrading or recasting. On r9rr all it does is adds the 'unable to be sold' in the description which should've been there anyway. Unless the GMs assumed someone actually wanted to have the option to NPC their r9rr..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • demxhunter
    demxhunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This is a sign to get r8 recast Espically with new instance. R9 don't compare cuz r8 recast says it flows with unlimited power
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    PW mechanic at is best !

Still there should be a transaction record somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Op, you have to keep trying. Many people have lost their r9 and have got it back after many tickets.