New identity

Comments

• OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    next time they will add item to change your character gender and we will have much more tranies b:shocked

lol would be better if they had an item to change to your alts w/o logging out all the time and leaving squad and have em all at your fingertips b:laugh
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Originally Posted by Liveena - Heavens Tear View Post
    So people can change their toon name now, it doesnt matter if the person is a scammer or not. If he/she was a scammer, trace it using core connect and write down his user name, then you will be able to track nearly all of his alts as well.

I bet PWI will "forgot" to put the NPC associated with the name changing
    is that so ? tell me what characters I have then :p
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I`d rather if PWI had a copy paste stone for your alts on same account so you wouldn`t need to stash the damn gear, it`s annoying, just log the desired alt and presto, all the gear is already equipped etc.
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited October 2013
    I`d rather if PWI had a copy paste stone for your alts on same account so you wouldn`t need to stash the damn gear, it`s annoying, just log the desired alt and presto, all the gear is already equipped etc.

yeah also a good idea :P make a "gear swap inventory and select items for stashing all the time"
    make it so can swap em even if the other toon has them on as long as there set in the list.

cause I have full mage gear and full HA gear they dont all fit in account stash, lol or make a napsack so you put all the gears in there you want to trade and then it only takes up one bag slot for easy transfer.

like packing your bags for a long trip :p

that way I can stash a lot more mats and both sets of gears
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont like this item at all! It was added on my private PW server like a month ago and it didnt bring ANYTHING good. People were changing their names into names of ppl they hate just to give them bad reputation (example letter l looks same as capital i in game). Also other people who already had bad reputation as scammers could simply change their name and scam more people who dont know them. There are more bad examples and I am strongly against this item in game.
    People who made their bad reputation should be responsible of it and work their butt off to make their rep better and not just pop some stone to change their name for a fresh start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont like this item at all! It was added on my private PW server like a month ago and it didnt bring ANYTHING good. People were changing their names into names of ppl they hate just to give them bad reputation (example letter l looks same as capital i in game). Also other people who already had bad reputation as scammers could simply change their name and scam more people who dont know them. There are more bad examples and I am strongly against this item in game.
    People who made their bad reputation should be responsible of it and work their butt off to make their rep better and not just pop some stone to change their name for a fresh start.

inb4 inhuman_ ...
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    they must be getting ready for cross server stuff >.< probably if you dont want to spend 39 gold then they will force a different name on you (if theres doubles for your name) b:surrender such a bad sounding idea that its very possible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dubhenihal
    dubhenihal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok so let me sum it up:
    You can change the name on your gear, you can change the name of you character

=> You can be the servers greatest Scammer, problemchild, dramaqueen, leecher and noone would be able to identify you anymore?

Is this some kind of joke? There is no way any decent player would need that item!
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013

people are doing that since years without paying 39 gold. its called making a lvl 1 alt :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    edited October 2013
    people are doing that since years without paying 39 gold. its called making a lvl 1 alt :P

you missed my point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Honestly, I don't see how scammers could use this to their benefit.
    Spending 39gold(80m) to change their name on a regular basis will in the end, cost more than what they make scamming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited October 2013
    Honestly, I don't see how scammers could use this to their benefit.
    Spending 39gold(80m) to change their name on a regular basis will in the end, cost more than what they make scamming.

+1 but her complaint is on the private server where gold = free b:laugh
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ye, not worried about scammers really. 80m would only be beneficial for a top level scammer who can get other people to for example loan their pan gu or +10 weapon.

When you get to that point, you are so much part of the community that you probably dont want to lose that and if you would, people would still figure out anyway.

Account sellers.... yes. But that aint really my problem anyway :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited October 2013
    lol yeah the real scammers here is PWI 80 USD for a name change haha
    I think they want people to spend all available gold in game to make Gold trading 3 mil per gold now
  • Eleonor - Harshlands
    Eleonor - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They better make gender changer item than this. But heaving both will be nice . Only name change is useless
  • Chirokee - Archosaur
    Chirokee - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Private server is a different story, you dont have to pay 39 gold there to get the item... there has to be some huge hatred if somebody buys this item for 39 gold, just to be called like the person he hates xD (and then another 39 gold, because u don't want to be called like your foe forever, right? lol) Seriously... I can't imagine this issue being a problem at all.
    And about the scammers, the 39 gold for an image change is just too much... not worth it, in most cases.

I actually like the idea, maybe i'll get one for my alt, because i hate its current name f:worry
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2013

what was your point then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    what was your point then?

point is there are people that sold their account like 5 times and got it back trought tickets and scammed 2-3k$

names are known tho...
    now this people have chances to completely "stealth" and afford new scams
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2013
    dubhenihal wrote: »
    Ok so let me sum it up:
    You can change the name on your gear, you can change the name of you character

=> You can be the servers greatest Scammer, problemchild, dramaqueen, leecher and noone would be able to identify you anymore?

Is this some kind of joke? There is no way any decent player would need that item!

i dont know about you, but on our server the active ppl usually know the exact gear of other active player..refines, gems and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would not mind changing mine..I love the one I have now but since creating her have thought of a few (one in particular I would like to have more)

My questions would be:

What happens if you are married when you change your name?

Divorce? b:shocked

The name changes above spouse head? b:laugh

The name on your gear stays the same? b:surrender changes to the new one?

What happens to your friend list? and your blocklist?
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This doesnt mean someone could pick exactly same name, as a name which is already taken right? Well, for example my name? b:shocked (not mentioning the I/l problem)
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    good move, this name change token . probably not gonna cost 5g ever , would jsut create a mess with names then. But if yiou really are pissed bout your name, u got the option to change nowb:laugh
    edited October 2013
    If they can make stuff that changes names I see no problem why server change would be so difficult then, since both affect the database and what not, I remember 1 older game I used to play, when servers merged, we had to fill in tickets with all items we had, well the expensive items, not counting potions and such, then they would examine each ticket and transfer your stuff to the new server, time consuming, but totally doable.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If they can make stuff that changes names I see no problem why server change would be so difficult then, since both affect the database and what not, I remember 1 older game I used to play, when servers merged, we had to fill in tickets with all items we had, well the expensive items, not counting potions and such, then they would examine each ticket and transfer your stuff to the new server, time consuming, but totally doable.

not with only 1 person actually working :P
  • Antigone - Morai
    Antigone - Morai Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My questions would be:

What happens if you are married when you change your name?

Divorce? b:shocked

The name changes above spouse head? b:laugh

The name on your gear stays the same? b:surrender changes to the new one?

What happens to your friend list? and your blocklist?

Ty, exactly what I wanted to know aswell so I don't have to type xD but ya, any anyswers? :o
    Antigone - Demon Cleric - 105|103+|102+ (Yush, the avatar is a lieb:cry)
    edited October 2013
    With millions of revenue PWI makes, they can totally hire extra hands for this task.
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    edited October 2013
    +1 but her complaint is on the private server where gold = free b:laugh

its available only for those people who spend real money on it, so no its not free and many ppl abuse it anyway. But it doesnt matter how much it cost coz CSers will always be able to afford it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They might do that, but I think it's also a precursor to nameserver merging.

Obviously when two servers that don't share nameservers merge, their names would have to change.

How did Loth/Moma do it?

Lothranis and Momaganon had been sharing the same database since their creation and this database is now the Morai one.
    To be able to change your name doesn't mean you can choose one that already exists. So this is just like when you choose a name for a new character and I don't see why it could help for merges between severs that don't share same database.
    There still is a huge difference between allowing someone to change his name and forcing someone to change his name in order to merge.

And I think this may be one of the worst idea ever in PW history...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • anasrababah
    anasrababah Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    isn't this one of the main reason you don't wanna allow ppl to switch between servers?
    it was a fail reason and now a fail item in the O market
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A way to fix this would be that you're only allowed to change the name of the character once a year. IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2