Celestial Tigers Update

Options
Ilyania - Lost City
Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Last night I participated in the Tigers event. I was excited to see what the upgrade was, and was rather upset at what was seen. Where I usually go is peaceful, with only a few other people around me, but now I have to leave that spot due to Wood resist mobs. I could paw slap, but that would take a long time to gather points.

I was hoping that by posting on the forums, I, and others, could get help as to how the new Celestial Tigers works, and what is the best new method as to getting contribution. Please, someone help~! :c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
Post edited by Ilyania - Lost City on

Comments

• Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I like the new update! So you run around a little for points. i still did decent.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think my biggest complaint is the drops system.

The mobs having 9 HP? Ok, that's kind of a neat system to let EVERYONE have a chance, but when your score is 95% dependent on simply getting drops? Then it's lame.

A staple of good game design is when everyone has a chance but that chance isn't entirely luck-based, AKA good players are rewarded for good work while bad players are punished; your actions should have consequences to reinforce if your performance was truly good or bad. The old system seems to be gone because not everyone had a chance (gear wins) but with the new system, it's almost ENTIRELY random. Drops = win, everything else, from mob kills to boss kills = almost entirely pointless.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    There's more than just wood-immune targets out there, you know.
    The only thing that I found mildy annoying was that the C.Tiger packs can be picked up by anyone regardless of who killed the target it dropped from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The only thing that I found mildy annoying was that the C.Tiger packs can be picked up by anyone regardless of who killed the target it dropped from.

This. I actually came second to a Psy I used to beat, and her score was ridiculous compared to mine. After she ran by to swipe two of my drops, it all made sense how her score got so high.

Again, drops = everything and there are no drop timers preventing people from picking.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Apparently a veno on the LC server got about 68k contribution and didn't even go out of SZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Options

And I know there are other mobs, but where I usually go is now Wood Resist heaven x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Pretty much, does anyone know where each of the elemental immune mobs are? eg, what's at ether/lost etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Alpha = Fire/Water/Earth Immune
    Bravo = Metal/Wood Immune
    Charlie = Physical Immune
    Delta = ...no idea.

They're all at every city though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Apparently a veno on the LC server got about 68k contribution and didn't even go out of SZ

HOW DOES ONE EVEN-

And I know there are other mobs, but where I usually go is now Wood Resist heaven x.x

You could send your pet after it while searching for another nearby.
    This also may not work for Venomancers, but when I saw Minions immune to my magic, I'd aggro them and let them be picked off with SoV. Maybe even a genie skill can work for killing them, but that's all one can probably do aside from seeking other targets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

On HL the first place was a mystic with 74k and second place a mystic with 69k.

The event is just about luck now, luck to find a spot with more than 1 mob they can kill, luck that there's not 30 other people at the same spot and luck that you ... it's just about luck now.

I personally don't care anymore, I get more than the 2k and get my reward, so I don't really care who's first, second or last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    On HL the first place was a mystic with 74k and second place a mystic with 69k.

The event is just about luck now, luck to find a spot with more than 1 mob they can kill, luck that there's not 30 other people at the same spot and luck that you ... it's just about luck now.

I personally don't care anymore, I get more than the 2k and get my reward, so I don't really care who's first, second or last.

its 4k to get reward now
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    first of all, you can get a bow, even as a veno. 20 meter range are more than enough!
    secondly, the drops have timer, im 100% sure of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    GG archers OP

Phys dmg goes through fire immune

Fire damage goes through phys immune

gg can tab kill every mob
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • MerLeah - Archosaur
    MerLeah - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    b:victory I actually like the new update.. least now everyone can participate on this event unlike the old Tiger Event we used to have.
    MerLeah - 102 Venomancer (kittie purrge) - Archosaur
    ||CupCake|| - 105 Assassin (slice 'n dice) - Archosaur
    Princella - 101 Cleric (heal's da noob) - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12787492002&dateline=1316071878[/SIGPIC]
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    first of all, you can get a bow, even as a veno. 20 meter range are more than enough!
    secondly, the drops have timer, im 100% sure of that.

I am also 100% sure the drops have a timer, as I thought I got the kill on one but couldn't pick up the drop.

Also, for venos - blazing scarab inflicts fire damage. It's not as fast as venomous but it's there.
    b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hm not sure. I remember the fire DOT on Blazing Scarab not going off if the skill itself is resisted. I might be wrong.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Options
    -repliestomostofthepeopleallatonce-

Blazing Scarab didn't work, tried it Q_Q Hopefully I even have enough dex to hit the mobs with a bow D: I can't remember the exact numbers, but I know the veno came in second or third place? A seeker was first for us. Where I go is peaceful, when I press T I usually only have about 2 or 3 people listed, so I don't have a lot of competition. I have bramble, that should work, I was just so flustered this week, I forgot to put it on xD and I sent my nix, but starting to think herc would be better now, for this event at least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    -repliestomostofthepeopleallatonce-

Blazing Scarab didn't work, tried it Q_Q Hopefully I even have enough dex to hit the mobs with a bow D: I can't remember the exact numbers, but I know the veno came in second or third place? A seeker was first for us. Where I go is peaceful, when I press T I usually only have about 2 or 3 people listed, so I don't have a lot of competition. I have bramble, that should work, I was just so flustered this week, I forgot to put it on xD and I sent my nix, but starting to think herc would be better now, for this event at least

Mobs have low evasion, I saw an arcane uccessfully auto attacking mob after mob with her weapon, and they usually died in 1 hit.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ya some mobs are water/earth/fire immune (nice for a wizzy huh?) so I just smack them.

And they didn't fix the meridian daily yet....
    b:surrender
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ya some mobs are water/earth/fire immune (nice for a wizzy huh?) so I just smack them.

And they didn't fix the meridian daily yet....
    b:surrender

Speaking about median I`m surprised there are not many rage threads, those dailies were nice, since EVERYBODY could attend doesn`t matter from which time zone, now it sux being stuck with only 5 tries per day with blue ones. b:angry
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Speaking about median I`m surprised there are not many rage threads, those dailies were nice, since EVERYBODY could attend doesn`t matter from which time zone, now it sux being stuck with only 5 tries per day with blue ones. b:angry

I guess the red pills didnt sell so good in boutique.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    I guess the red pills didnt sell so good in boutique.

Not surprised, they are expensive, approx. 1m per pill counting in all fees when you buy gold and such.
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

You would be wrong about that. She only stuck to sz after getting to 68k and that was thanks to some CT people getting rather upset about it.
  • SwEeT_PaiN - Lost City
    SwEeT_PaiN - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I believe that veno would be me. For one thing, I finished with 74k points, second after Danycg. For another, I spent just about 5 minutes in sz after a certain member of ChinaTown got upset over me winning first place in my class, which is hillarious to me. It's funny how some people believe they are the only ones who should be winning and get mad when someone else beats them. Don't be a bad loser :)
    Also, this event is the easiest for venos since we have both magic and physical attacks thanks to our pets... don't see why you had trouble with wood immune mobs, Illyania. b:chuckle
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's funny how some people believe they are the only ones who should be winning and get mad when someone else beats them. Don't be a bad loser :)
    Also, this event is the easiest for venos since we have both magic and physical attacks thanks to our pets... don't see why you had trouble with wood immune mobs, Illyania. b:chuckle

Damn, her name is literally inside your post as you're quoting her and you still can't spell it correctly?

But on topic, thankyou for enlightening us all.
    I think i may make a veno now that i know "this event is the easiest for venos" thanks to being the only class in pwi with both physical and magical attacks.
    O.O

P.S. I think the new name changer item was thought up with you in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CDXX - Lost City
    CDXX - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Time to make a venooooooooooo IMA BE SO OP! phy and magic? awwwwwwww shet its bout to get real. Taking over that event... cuz you know it's made for venos.
    "The meek may inherit the earth..but at the moment it belongs to the conceited. Like me."
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ok, get your drama to the Lost City server forums, it's clear there is a group here raging on others ...mkaythanxbai .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I believe that veno would be me. For one thing, I finished with 74k points, second after Danycg. For another, I spent just about 5 minutes in sz after a certain member of ChinaTown got upset over me winning first place in my class, which is hillarious to me. It's funny how some people believe they are the only ones who should be winning and get mad when someone else beats them. Don't be a bad loser :)

I can't remember exact points and placement, I usually only care about my own rank, and I didn't want to say your name because I just don't like giving out names. All I remember is you in WC saying something along the lines of "Damn LC, you suck, I've been in SZ and you guys can't catch up", something like that. And technically, since you are trying to say that our pets are our phys attacks, you would be wrong as we do have physical attacks. And if anything, I think that the powerhouses of this event are Archers and Seekers.

And yes, please no drama here. I just wanted people to discuss the Update for Celestial Tigers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SwEeT_PaiN - Lost City
    SwEeT_PaiN - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    "Damn LC, you suck, I've been in SZ and you guys can't catch up", something like that.
    1. That is very far from the truth. I never trash talked the server, nor boasted about my rank. I just pointed out how it was funny to me that a certain person from CT was so upset over losing in rankings Once. Not a word from that sentence is mine.
    2. Next thing you say I was afk or even offline and got the points. I never read forums on such topics, it was pointed out to me by a friend that this is going on here so I thought I would drop by and clear it out, cause you people make it sound like I'm hacking. Never meant to start drama, I have nothing against neither you nor your husband, Kniraven, he didn't need to jump up and defend you, I'm just a girl. Lol.
    3.Never said venos are the Only ones who can succesfully complete the event and gain most contribution. I just said that they are easiest (along with mystics I suppose) in the sense that if you are able to manipulate your pet well enough you can be killing mobs at a double rate compared to everyone else, but you know, "witty" comebacks always entertain me.
    Eitherway, I don't want any drama going on between me and random people who I have nothing against or even between my guild and other guilds just because of me being lucky in the event once. So with all due respect, I apologize if anyone was offended by my attitude, explanation or misspelling their name (apparently).
    Cheers ya'all, I'll see you around. No hard feelings :)
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So if archers can kill mob cause of there fire buff, in all case. What about ppl doing low lever pot from npc and add elemental damage for 2 minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]