Venomancer soloing frost with nix

Jasms - Lost City
Jasms - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Venomancer
Not more to say ,me soloing frost bosses.(Uploaded from a friend of me,not me ).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCDUesNFyj0
Enjoy !
You will always have followers.Try have opponents...f:shy
Post edited by Jasms - Lost City on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not more to say ,me soloing frost bosses.(Uploaded from a friend of me,not me ).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCDUesNFyj0
    Enjoy !

Nice!
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is so cool. I tried it myself, but I have problems with the bishop boss, Dreadlindra.

What mood do you have on your pets for this particular run?
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    CaitlinDan,i have Sly mood on nix and Confident on herc.My current hp unbuffed is 9728,my herc hp is 9558 and my nix hp is 6175.At bishop boss not walk away from mob.If walk away,the mob will start the thunder-aoe attack and will interrupt you a lot.Let boss sleep you and the mobs with melee will awake you back( try have full sparks before start boss,and when spawn the 1st mob,let it debuff you 1st if cant avoid it and then spark so it will not purge your spark that way) .Focus on mob and if not have Sly mood on nix yet ,after each awakening,heal pet first and then take care the mob.You can try a low lv genie as healer only for the frost runs.Put Second wind and Tree of protection on as i show to the video.Now if wanna kill faster make a genie with Tangling mire and Extreme poison.The stats of my both genies(the one you see at video and the one you don't) are these:for the zeal you see are 26 Str 3 Dex 15 Vit 104 Mag(for recharge faster) and for the zeal that i didn't use are 45 Str (for have better heal from Second wind) 5 Vit 3 Dex and 101 Mag.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is so cool. I tried it myself, but I have problems with the bishop boss, Dreadlindra.

What mood do you have on your pets for this particular run?
    Just use nova on mob as soon as it appears and kill it quickly. On 100+ any pet will do, even unevolved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    Marengo, Nova can be interrupted,spark nope.Nova need channeling,spark is instant.Trying use Nova there,risking to succeed silent mob and get silent from boss same time.That means you throw away the only chance that keeps you awake and you ll be in deep,full-length sleep same time with mob.That means bye bye pet and a veno running at hall to reset boss.Using a skill that silent mobs for so long at that boss is not recommended or better than sparking (witch maybe protect your buffs for a while) and kill the mob in 3-4 hits (maybe less,depends on veno s output damage or crits)and gain back a few chi too.Even Lucky scarab is annoying when stun the mob and get silent from boss same time and imagine that lasts less than half time than Nova....
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    Jasms, with ~8k hp unbuffed you can tank boss on veno, not on pet, and boss will remove sleep with attack, so, minus one problem. Nova is better (IMO) because spark buff can be removed, its easier to cast nova than time your spark and get slept right away. Nova deals damage at least. If you tank on pet and it dies while you sleep, you just immune, revive it and continue. At least its how i did it in good old times when i got r8+3 weap and hardly 7k hp and got purged permanently b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    Marengo, "...with ~8k hp unbuffed you can tank boss on veno, not on pet.." : You will end w/o buffs at that boss at most of the time so i assume you need a lot use of pots and charm if tank it on veno,witch increase the cost of the run (for some venos that matter too,at frost runs my cost at repairs is 7-10k coins max).At the video run i didn't tick charm at all if you noticed,that means my steps through that run was more than good.
    "...because spark buff can be removed...":Yes,can be removed if are careless or have very bad timing but ..."..easier to cast nova than time your spark and get slept right away..":If i slept right away the mob witch its not suppose to be sleeping too,will awake me.Removed spark/purged is still better than slept right away same time with mob ( your Nova will sleep the mob too,right?). The worse of the two situations is not been purged (buffs/spark),but get slept same time with mob.
    "...you just immune, revive it and continue..":Yes can be done that too but we can avoid that.just not use Nova ...
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    Marengo, "...with ~8k hp unbuffed you can tank boss on veno, not on pet.." : You will end w/o buffs at that boss at most of the time
    As far as i know they don't purge the tanker (but if the tanker is the only attacker they purge tanker of course), so if you agro boss, keep agro and let your pet attack it too, they will purge pet. Not sure if i was just lucky but worked many times for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After trying it yesterday, it still doesn't work. I don't know... The stun kinda throws me off balance I suppose. I would think that it won't be so difficult.

Is there any apoth that I could use for the bishops? I've heard of vac or IG powders....

Sorry, I've never used any apoth except for crab meats and herb yuanxiao. LOL.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    IGs work the same way as Feral Concentration. There's also Sutra Powder and Pan Gu. Sutra lasts less than IG/Feral but doesn't require you to anti-stun (doesn't stun you upon use) and purifies you. Pan Gu is from the faction base, lasts longer than Sutra but doesn't purify you.
    They offer immunity to any damage/ailments so they are useful in various situations.

Vacuities just gives your an anti-stun but I don't know how useful it would be for that boss. It's been far too long since last time I solo'd FCC (was before the pet upgrade) so I don't really remember what tactic I used. Maybe I should visit that place again.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    After trying it yesterday, it still doesn't work. I don't know... The stun kinda throws me off balance I suppose. I would think that it won't be so difficult.
    What's your hp, pdef, attck and attack lvl? And what pet do you use?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    I not think(hope too..) is her stats.I did that run with 5k hp usage(charm didn't tick so i not count the 9k+ but the half of that) ,2k~ p.def,8.5k mag.res, +6 Nv3 pataka with the +40atk and my max mag.atk at that run was 10.6k.My morai 101lv gears provide me 33 warding lvs and 5 slaying lvs too.That means i am pretty pretty weak for my lv at output dmg,but i rely alot at pets as it is obvious already.So if she not steal aggro from pet,and pet is capable ofc to tank (my nix ,except of Sly mood,have strong skill on too...),just let pet tank,focus on mob and timing yr spark right (let it purge you if cant avoid it,but you save the spark for kill the mob quick) and each time you awake,heal pet 1st if your pet not have any self-heal skill on.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    This discussion made me want to go back to FCC and run it. I ended up recording it too here!

Since I decided to record it I used my alt's Nirvana gear for it (to avoid the whole "u r9 u OP normal ppl cant do it"). It's from the perspective of a Venomancer tanking/pulling herself instead of pet. Just another way of doing it.
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Desdi,nice run ,alot repairs and you got mail !!!b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    I have a feeling someone will point that out. I've always made sure not to have mail in my videos but..this one time I couldn't help it D: it happened!
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    b:laugh i adore these small details in videos...

Edit:At 2nd boss,you did change any piece of gears?You have less hp,although you have same buffs.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    b:laugh i adore these small details in videos...

Edit:At 2nd boss,you did change any piece of gears?You have less hp,although you have same buffs.

Oh I missed this question P:

I did swap some pieces of gear for my -channeling ones so I can kill things faster.
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    As i already mention to other threat,i prepared a new video with same bosses but this time i avoid the mistake to let the boss info under the watermark ( b:surrender ) and i did use genie with tangling mire + extreme poison .The time to kill the bosses is obvious a lot lower as total time .As single target is 15-35 secs different and as total time is over 2 min less.(i wonder if i make a Facebook account for the bonus atk lvl, what will be the results.....hmm...)

New link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wp8MHC4OA4&feature=c4-overview&list=UURBOnPZckn-VWK_oNDSAKqA

As usual....Enjoy!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As i already mention to other threat,i prepared a new video with same bosses but this time i avoid the mistake to let the boss info under the watermark ( b:surrender ) and i did use genie with tangling mire + extreme poison .The time to kill the bosses is obvious a lot lower as total time .As single target is 15-35 secs different and as total time is over 2 min less.(i wonder if i make a Facebook account for the bonus atk lvl, what will be the results.....hmm...)

New link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wp8MHC4OA4&feature=c4-overview&list=UURBOnPZckn-VWK_oNDSAKqA

As usual....Enjoy!

No,no,no,no,no, this is so wrong! You need to give me the names of those songs! b:cute
    Oh, the run was great, but you didn't post songs in the description. Thank you!
    Also, it is absolutely, positively worth making a fake facebook for the blessing, it helps enormously with both your attack, but now, with the pet's attack as well. It's like a 2 k-ish boost to my attack, and you can really see it on the pet, my dino attacks significantly better when I have my blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    DeffyNature,i am not the uploader of video but i will pm him asap for put the song links there too.You can search them too as titles .The first is : Vegas - Prospatho ,and the second is : Despina Vandi - Gi Kai I Selini [Official Video/VMA] .

b:cute
    edited September 2013
    DeffyNature,i am not the uploader of video but i will pm him asap for put the song links there too.You can search them too as titles .The first is : Vegas - Prospatho ,and the second is : Despina Vandi - Gi Kai I Selini [Official Video/VMA] .

Thanks! I'll go look for them! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013

What!
    Are you greek? Those are greek songs!
    I'm not greek myself but I live in Greece f:stare

On another note, good video!
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    What!
    Are you greek? Those are greek songs!
    I'm not greek myself but I live in Greece f:stare

On another note, good video!

Yes i am from Greece and i live here b:pleased
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Yes i am from Greece and i live here b:pleased

f:cute neat.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been out of the game a few years...

When were Nix's allowed to enter instances and which ones can they enter?

Very nice video btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    I've been out of the game a few years...

When were Nix's allowed to enter instances and which ones can they enter?

Very nice video btw.

Pets got updates a few months ago.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Evolved nixes (need to be level 100+, with nix 100+) can enter all instances (and swim, evolved hercs can swim and fly as well.) There are also 2 new legendary pets (harpy and monkey king) who can go in all environments from level 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Jasms - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    No,no,no,no,no, this is so wrong! You need to give me the names of those songs! b:cute
    Oh, the run was great, but you didn't post songs in the description. Thank you!
    Also, it is absolutely, positively worth making a fake facebook for the blessing, it helps enormously with both your attack, but now, with the pet's attack as well. It's like a 2 k-ish boost to my attack, and you can really see it on the pet, my dino attacks significantly better when I have my blessing.

I did got an +30 blessing (..finally) from a "fake" Facebook account (not that i have a "real" one ). Indeed the damage is obvious bigger on bosses.1st boss summon only 2 traps , the bishop boss summon only one mob now (b:chuckle bye bye debuffs )and the slash boss slash only once.... I wish now to get someday a successful re roll at nix stats for better atk only....
    edited October 2013
    I did got an +30 blessing (..finally) from a "fake" Facebook account (not that i have a "real" one ). Indeed the damage is obvious bigger on bosses.1st boss summon only 2 traps , the bishop boss summon only one mob now (b:chuckle bye bye debuffs )and the slash boss slash only once.... I wish now to get someday a successful re roll at nix stats for better atk only....

Congrats!
    Those blessings are really great, so take full advantage of them! And wow, it's awesome to hear how fast it goes for you now!
    Good luck with re-rolling the stats, it's a nightmare for me too, I can't even remember how many hundreds of stars I have spent in vain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]