Minimising the Mini-map

Options
Bhavyy - Raging Tide
Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Quality Corner
Often when I minimise the minimap on my client, the client crashes since the new update. I run it in window mode.
It doesn't seem to happen every time, only some of the time. I have no idea why sometimes it crashes and sometimes it doesn't
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
youtube.com/bhavenmurji
pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
Post edited by Bhavyy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This happens to me too but I feel as if the hidden area blocked by the minimap is being larger than normal so there might be a hidden window at play. I'll try to debug it next time it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • tipsynostalgic
    tipsynostalgic Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This happens to me too but I feel as if the hidden area blocked by the minimap is being larger than normal so there might be a hidden window at play. I'll try to debug it next time it happens.

I hate that invisible window that does not let me select things in the far corner to the right T_T

I've died a lot for that b:cry
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    the new UI is coded very incorrectly, which is sad that the old one isn't being updated/supported for PWI

(The same "invisible window" appears in PWCN as well)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Happens to me too.

I don't know whats the criteria to repeat this glitch, but playing windowed somewhen for some reason makes it appear a double 'arrow tip' at the top of the minimap.

Clicking the left one will hide the minimap naturally, clicking the one at the right makes the game crash.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Maybe it's a resolution setting? What res are you all running at?
    I run PWI clients in windowed mode as well and haven't run into this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • tipsynostalgic
    tipsynostalgic Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Happens to me too.

I don't know whats the criteria to repeat this glitch, but playing windowed somewhen for some reason makes it appear a double 'arrow tip' at the top of the minimap.

Clicking the left one will hide the minimap naturally, clicking the one at the right makes the game crash.

It happened to me too :( the double arrow tips appeared when i played in a custom resolution T_T
    genotypist wrote: »
    Maybe it's a resolution setting? What res are you all running at?
    I run PWI clients in windowed mode as well and haven't run into this issue.

it prolly is but then when i run a second client it doesnt happpen, meaning that in the second client the arrow tip is just one :((((

this crashing is really weird :D
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    this consistently happens on my 2nd account, whether its a catshop or a buff alt

i log them in normally in a low settings/small resolution (800x480 usually) it will crash every single time in 800x480 if i try to minimize mini map

http://imgur.com/H1AZ8Ym

you cant see cursor but you can see the hover over text popup, right after clicking that corner triangle it bug reports

interesting note: on a small res client it says "Hide Mini-Map" on a normal client that CAN minimize it its called "Close Map Area" might be unrelated, but maybe thats the key
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Just curious, why would you want to minimise the mini map?
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just curious, why would you want to minimise the mini map?

sometimes the hidden box gets in the way of the quest tracker.

Also gonna bump this since it's still an issue on my pc

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jake_english - Lost City
    Jake_english - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Still no solution for this?

Its getting annoying dat minipap second arrow crash stuff T_T
    b:sad
  • neujbomb
    neujbomb Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The button that is causing the crash is called 'Hide Minimap'. On the larger resolutions it just sticks out more due to the GUI being larger. It always crashes my client. On the bright side, if you want to exit out faster, it's an easy way to kill the process immediately.