New Start,but which one to start if i can't chose?

Rynsh - Sanctuary
Rynsh - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Blademaster
Hello community!
i wanna start playing pwi once again but on new server and from tottaly 0.So i played all classes to ~`40lvl i think and i hit higher only with few of them and let all others die in character chosing screen for ever.So i want a decend class that has quite good damage,can also stand few dmg(quite good defense)cause i hate glass cannons.Now lets start which classes r out of.:
Barbs-causes i hate word miss and low dmg
APS! BM n Sins -cuase i hate aps gear(but other like skillspammer sin can be)
Veno-cause im only healing pet and dmg is quite low
Healing Cleric-i hate healing but dd cleric sounds ok if its not strange and i can find party.
archer-cause i dont know how to play them and i dont want to know lol.

Well the mos important part for me is to have fun in low 30-70lvl cause if class boring me im just making next 1 and cant have Main.So it need to be very fun class to play.But from other hand im starting from 0 so upgrading all skills/gear can be problematic but i can make few millions quite fast.So overall i need to play Class that is decent at all - quite good dmg/enough defense/and fun to play.But remember it dotn need to be uber tanky class,it just cant die from first 2 hits or so.I hope u guys can help me .

also one more question i like Pole Bm but i hear that ppls hate them and its hard to get to any party like warsong/lunar is it true? and does it the same as above DD Cleric?Did its normal to go for dmg and ppl accept it in squads?cause i dont like healing but i like cleric dmg and survivality.
Post edited by Rynsh - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Barbs-causes i hate word miss and low dmg

Actually, if that is your only problem with barbs, you can make your barb strength + dex build as opposed to vit. The Accuracy is solved by Blood Bath, and the strength makes your barb's damage rather significant.

You won't be the first pick for pulling Catapult in TW, and you might not be wanted in too many PvE squads early game (Although to be honest, you'll get to 100 extremely fast, so there aren't alot of early game stuff..), but end game PvE doesn't matter (because aps dd will do all the tanking + your high refines will compensate enough). However, your damage cannot be simply ignored, and you are still a pain to kill in PvP even without as much HP.

As for BMs, go all path. Don't go pure axe or pure pole or whatever.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Go mystic, they have high damage-per-second and aren't terribly frail as they have a nice self-buff that raises their physical, wood, and water defenses. They can also fullheal themselves near-instantly with Break in the Clouds.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Go mystic, they have high damage-per-second and aren't terribly frail as they have a nice self-buff that raises their physical, wood, and water defenses. They can also fullheal themselves near-instantly with Break in the Clouds.

I would have said pretty much the same thing...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You post on BM forum that you don't want to play BM?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will sound rude

You need to figure out what you want to do.

Do you want to lvl 70 doing stuff or are you going 100+. Both those levels has different play-styles, skills involved.

Lvl 70 - next to 0 aps gear, so you have to use skills. You can wear fists, and auto attack, but axe damage would still be better.

Pole bm = sure play a pole bm, but do keep all your weapon paths open. You will learn very soon why pole bms are not effective.

All classes with bad gear, low refines will suck. There is no magic answer to things.

All classes will either be hp dependent of mp dependent or both. We get charms now from the start, so not much to worry about, but if you play without charms, you will learn the true pain of doing things.

As with any class, it depends on refine. I have venos one shot with me 16k hp. I have dealth 6k~40k damage with bt. Barbs have done 20~60k arma on me. Wizzy, psy, clerics have hit me for booger loads. It just depends on how far you want to go.

When you do NW, TW, you will always come across the OP people in the server, who when they sneeze, will result in you dying. Past nw i only used to use about 200k~400k charm. Now i use 1m charm, because i am harder to kill, people dd on me longer.
  • Rynsh - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Actually, if that is your only problem with barbs, you can make your barb strength + dex build as opposed to vit. The Accuracy is solved by Blood Bath, and the strength makes your barb's damage rather significant.

You won't be the first pick for pulling Catapult in TW, and you might not be wanted in too many PvE squads early game (Although to be honest, you'll get to 100 extremely fast, so there aren't alot of early game stuff..), but end game PvE doesn't matter (because aps dd will do all the tanking + your high refines will compensate enough). However, your damage cannot be simply ignored, and you are still a pain to kill in PvP even without as much HP.

As for BMs, go all path. Don't go pure axe or pure pole or whatever.

Well when i played a barb around 50-60lv i feel its so much boring like when i played venos so i think its just not class for me.I saw few fisty barbs but i never make one cause i like using skills.

As all path bm it can be problem cause im from 0 so maxing all skills and getting each of kind weapon can be problem.
  • Rynsh - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013

I played mystic it was quite fun to just 1 hit nearly every mob by absorb soul.But after 40 i have rly high manna issues even with charms.I could give mystic next try but im not sure it wont dissapoint me next time ;x
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    As all path bm it can be problem cause im from 0 so maxing all skills and getting each of kind weapon can be problem.

All my skills were lvl 1 except bell, and marrows at lvl 100. I slowly leveled them to demon, costs 100~200m to do that. Skill damage is good, but there are ways to live without it.

Pick the right quests, you get good weapons as quest rewards. You can also craft your tt weapons, pretty easy at the lower levels. Below tt, you just need to find the molds (ask around) and gather the mats.
  • Rynsh - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    I will sound rude

Do you want to lvl 70 doing stuff or are you going 100+. Both those levels has different play-styles, skills involved.

Lvl 70 - next to 0 aps gear, so you have to use skills. You can wear fists, and auto attack, but axe damage would still be better.

Pole bm = sure play a pole bm, but do keep all your weapon paths open. You will learn very soon why pole bms are not effective.

Well yes i wanna do my 70+ stuffs and try to hit 100 but more in old school style.I mean i dont wanna FCC xp room all day.I can do few but not straight to 100.I want to doing quests,grinding and TT at normal lvl.Cause if i hit 100 immidietly i wont have any skill with my class,so i will be like 0.I need to find what can i do and what i cant,just learn my class.I dont want to be like pay2win r9r3 0 skilled players(not all lol)
  • Rynsh - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    You post on BM forum that you don't want to play BM?

I dont want to make APS bm cause i hate aps gear(well at least 5/4 i can have 2.86 its enough for me)and i wanna know what about pole bm.I ve played pole at PW M-Y version and that was one of the best pvp class(there wasnt aps gear)so i wanna know did he is viable or tottaly useless.
  • Rynsh - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    All my skills were lvl 1 except bell, and marrows at lvl 100. I slowly leveled them to demon, costs 100~200m to do that. Skill damage is good, but there are ways to live without it.

Pick the right quests, you get good weapons as quest rewards. You can also craft your tt weapons, pretty easy at the lower levels. Below tt, you just need to find the molds (ask around) and gather the mats.

Well till 60lvl dreamchaser gear will be enough for me.Also im merchanter and i can make money quite fast so its not problem(few i mean 10-20m not 100m+lol)Also TT gear should be enough till r8.Well my problem with skills is that i like using skills and im more skill-spammer type than auto attack all day.Also i know few things about pwi im just starting at new serv so im not newbie who still learning about crafting tt and others.I just cant find my style,my class,my role.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    MP isn't a huge issue. At low levels you get a free charm every day from an NPC (Khoan? forget which one). And they give you a large number of mp pots in the supply stash. That should last you until you are high enough level to use Herb Yuanixo from tokens, which is very cheap.

With BM, if you're not going the full aps route, consider going sage. The chi conservation is really nice and lets you do big aoes more often than demons. With 2.5 aps I can drop Glacial Spike and Heaven's Flame every 30 seconds on bosses.

Pole and sword are largely dead arts in PWI. For PVP the weapons just don't do enough damage to warrant using them over axes. And for PVE you don't need any of the skills other than GS and an occasional Myriad Sword Stance.
  • Rynsh - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Well i decided to find my style for a little bit on priv serw (5 hours or so) and now i know what suit me the best:
    -Wizard for awesome dmg and good survival thanks to stone barrier
    -blademaster for defense and quite good dmg (tried axe/sword and bit of fists)
    -seeker cause he have good defense and damage and has ranged magic skills which i like to spam
    -psychic-good dmg but im not 100% sure it is suit me and im still dotn know when use black when white vodoo but i can practice

Now who u think would be the best for my requirements?(listed in first post)

Also which one is not boring at 30-60lvls i need to have fun in this stage not being like veno that only heal pet or barb that deal low dmg and miss very offten.And not most expensive?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I played mystic it was quite fun to just 1 hit nearly every mob by absorb soul.But after 40 i have rly high manna issues even with charms.I could give mystic next try but im not sure it wont dissapoint me next time ;x

They give free charms til lvl60, at lvl 75 you can use herbs which are pretty cheap. It's so easy and fast to lvl that it's not a huge deal 15 lvl do deal with mp issues.
    -Wizard for awesome dmg and good survival thanks to stone barrier

Mystic have a better survivability than wizz.

There's no class that have all of what you want or everyone would play that class.

All class have good and bad things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Was gonna suggest Seeker. HA class that the more endgame you get the more you skill spam. They rely just as much on def levels as defense resistances, so they have decent physical and magical defense, and great hp growth. Also, much about a seeker is comboing the skills in an effective order.

I find most players prefer to either be melee or ranged and dislike the other. I personally don't feel active unless I'm being hit, which means melee range fits my style much better. If I'm standing 30m from a mob and skill spamming and killing it before it hits me its not like I'm actually playing. Others prefer that. You seem to want to be a... melee caster? Which is why seeker might be good.

It also depends on what you want to do in the game. Seekers can pull, but people prefer barbs. They have the hp and def to tank, but not the damage output (ie, needing a barbs aggro skills or a sin/BMs aps to get high damage). Mystics sound like they would be good, but if you like squad play, mystics can be tricky. They don't fill any niches really and most the time they seem to hurt the squad more than help because their debuffs are weaker than everyone elses but aoe, and their two aoes tend to scatter mobs and lower the squads dd more than they help. If you want to DD, psychic and wizard are good zhen choices but have poor single target dps. Both have decent defenses but a wizards defenses are based on their shield while a psychics defenses are based on proper use of skills like voodoo's, psychic will, and soul of silence. Casters tend to have a harder time finding squads because most squads want a tank (barb preferred), a healer (cleric preferred), and BM for their dps (aps) HF, and bell buff, a sin for the dps and bloodpaint. That leaves 2 spots for 6 classes to fight over, and half the time they'd prefer 2 BMs or 2 sins or a debuff class like a veno over the remaining casters.

You sound like you have a stigma against aps. There are still tons of skill use activities for an aps character to use, they just have to be more appropriately timed than a casters skills. Casters obviously use skills much more often but its typically the same 2-3 skills, or its typically in a macro type repeated order. If you plan on playing a BM or sin for pve then squads will expect you to pull your own wait and that means having aps so you can dd and use your skills.

As for a pole bm... A pole bm is like saying you're a fire wizard and only use fire skills. Or you're a only gonna use the skills in your skill tree that start with letters R-Z. Its just incomplete and silly to limit a class like that. The beauty of a BM is their versatility and people who play them learn their 50 or so skills have appropriate situations, along with their 2 armor sets and 5 weapons to swap out. Its a very busy class to play correctly. Axes have the best aoes and crowd control, fists have the best single target dps, sword and pole offer very little and are 'right' for the situation less than 3% of the time. If you play as a pole-only BM you will find yourself frustrated with low dd, poor chi gain, and limited skills and your squads will wonder why you don't swap weapons and be more useful.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Rynsh - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Was gonna suggest Seeker. HA class that the more endgame you get the more you skill spam. They rely just as much on def levels as defense resistances, so they have decent physical and magical defense, and great hp growth. Also, much about a seeker is comboing the skills in an effective order.

I find most players prefer to either be melee or ranged and dislike the other. I personally don't feel active unless I'm being hit, which means melee range fits my style much better. If I'm standing 30m from a mob and skill spamming and killing it before it hits me its not like I'm actually playing. Others prefer that. You seem to want to be a... melee caster? Which is why seeker might be good.

It also depends on what you want to do in the game. Seekers can pull, but people prefer barbs. They have the hp and def to tank, but not the damage output (ie, needing a barbs aggro skills or a sin/BMs aps to get high damage). Mystics sound like they would be good, but if you like squad play, mystics can be tricky. They don't fill any niches really and most the time they seem to hurt the squad more than help because their debuffs are weaker than everyone elses but aoe, and their two aoes tend to scatter mobs and lower the squads dd more than they help. If you want to DD, psychic and wizard are good zhen choices but have poor single target dps. Both have decent defenses but a wizards defenses are based on their shield while a psychics defenses are based on proper use of skills like voodoo's, psychic will, and soul of silence. Casters tend to have a harder time finding squads because most squads want a tank (barb preferred), a healer (cleric preferred), and BM for their dps (aps) HF, and bell buff, a sin for the dps and bloodpaint. That leaves 2 spots for 6 classes to fight over, and half the time they'd prefer 2 BMs or 2 sins or a debuff class like a veno over the remaining casters.

You sound like you have a stigma against aps. There are still tons of skill use activities for an aps character to use, they just have to be more appropriately timed than a casters skills. Casters obviously use skills much more often but its typically the same 2-3 skills, or its typically in a macro type repeated order. If you plan on playing a BM or sin for pve then squads will expect you to pull your own wait and that means having aps so you can dd and use your skills.

As for a pole bm... A pole bm is like saying you're a fire wizard and only use fire skills. Or you're a only gonna use the skills in your skill tree that start with letters R-Z. Its just incomplete and silly to limit a class like that. The beauty of a BM is their versatility and people who play them learn their 50 or so skills have appropriate situations, along with their 2 armor sets and 5 weapons to swap out. Its a very busy class to play correctly. Axes have the best aoes and crowd control, fists have the best single target dps, sword and pole offer very little and are 'right' for the situation less than 3% of the time. If you play as a pole-only BM you will find yourself frustrated with low dd, poor chi gain, and limited skills and your squads will wonder why you don't swap weapons and be more useful.

Well kinda right about bm for only pole but im just thinking why peoples using zerk axes for pvp,isnt g16 pole with +40atk.lvl better for ranged class with this amazing ranged skills?U can pew pew cler and other robe classes.Also yep i like melee caster b:laugh i tried sin spammer but i gave up in early lvls cause regen from bp is very low and u can spam only 3 skills (rib/slipstream/puncture) so i cant name it spamming ;/.Also seeker was fun for me i liked him,good skills and i feel like wizard in ha b:pleased and well atm i think only about pve cause at first need to hit high lvl and make money for gear so pvp doesnt exist for me now.And also about bm,well idk why but i just hate dual axes bm,mby poleaxe would be better for me cause of higher max dmg and fasters attack but everyone tell that dual are better at dmg at dph and with ss/gof its op.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well kinda right about bm for only pole but im just thinking why peoples using zerk axes for pvp,isnt g16 pole with +40atk.lvl better for ranged class with this amazing ranged skills?U can pew pew cler and other robe classes.

Any AA class you can gun down with a Far Strike isn't worth the time. Endgame casters will have nearly 20k hp and 24k pdef, and probably 75+ def levels. You'll be lucky to hit more than 2k with a Far Strike while they're probably going to be hitting you 8k normal attacks and higher crits.

Poles have an lower average damage than axes, and a G16 pole isn't the best dph weapon and pales in comparison to r9t3 axes and even G16 axes. In general the only time BMs take out a pole is to purge an opponent since their damage just isn't worth it. Far Strike with a pole and Drakes Ray with an axe hit about the same damage, even though Far Strike is a better skill.

So you have Far Strike, Drake's Ray, (swap to sword) Spirit Chaser... then you have your 2 spark skills which have 8-12 m ranges on them. Not alot of ranged option and no control skills. You have Reel In from range but it doesn't do much damage, and you have Flame Tsunami from 10m (2 minute cd) which is hp dependant and Blade Hurl (1min cd) but those are all excellent control skills and not spammable and saved for appropriate situations.

What you want to do is get inside, use your control skills like stun, slow, and freeze, and wreck people with some of your higher dph skills. Against an archer you don't want to stand more than 5m away because they'll do full damage, and against a caster you are looking for charm bipasses since lower dph skills (like pole skills) will just cause them to purify proc and run away. Everything else you want to be inside to work your stuns.
    just hate dual axes bm,mby poleaxe would be better for me cause of higher max dmg and fasters attack but everyone tell that dual are better at dmg at dph and with ss/gof its op.

How the axe class works is you have axes and hammers, pole and dual. Dual Axes and dual hammers have an attack speed of only .83 aps, but have a higher base damage to compensate. If you use a skill the attack speed doesn't matter but the base damage does, so the higher base damage of dual weapons is favored for skill spamming.

Pole weapons have an aps of .91 but a lower base damage. Faster aps, lower damage. When using skills the lower base damage hurts you.

Axes have a wide range of damage, hammers have a narrower range, but they have the same average. An example might be hammers hit for 7-9 damage, average of 8 while the axes hit for 5-11 damage, average 8. Hammers are more consistent, axes have higher highs and lower lows, but for pk the spike damage of axes is preferred.

So the reason people go dual axes is they've got the best spike damage (great with a zerk) and they've got the best skill damage.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Laotha - Sanctuary
    Laotha - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any AA class you can gun down with a Far Strike isn't worth the time. Endgame casters will have nearly 20k hp and 24k pdef, and probably 75+ def levels. You'll be lucky to hit more than 2k with a Far Strike while they're probably going to be hitting you 8k normal attacks and higher crits.

Poles have an lower average damage than axes, and a G16 pole isn't the best dph weapon and pales in comparison to r9t3 axes and even G16 axes. In general the only time BMs take out a pole is to purge an opponent since their damage just isn't worth it. Far Strike with a pole and Drakes Ray with an axe hit about the same damage, even though Far Strike is a better skill.

So you have Far Strike, Drake's Ray, (swap to sword) Spirit Chaser... then you have your 2 spark skills which have 8-12 m ranges on them. Not alot of ranged option and no control skills. You have Reel In from range but it doesn't do much damage, and you have Flame Tsunami from 10m (2 minute cd) which is hp dependant and Blade Hurl (1min cd) but those are all excellent control skills and not spammable and saved for appropriate situations.

What you want to do is get inside, use your control skills like stun, slow, and freeze, and wreck people with some of your higher dph skills. Against an archer you don't want to stand more than 5m away because they'll do full damage, and against a caster you are looking for charm bipasses since lower dph skills (like pole skills) will just cause them to purify proc and run away. Everything else you want to be inside to work your stuns.

How the axe class works is you have axes and hammers, pole and dual. Dual Axes and dual hammers have an attack speed of only .83 aps, but have a higher base damage to compensate. If you use a skill the attack speed doesn't matter but the base damage does, so the higher base damage of dual weapons is favored for skill spamming.

Pole weapons have an aps of .91 but a lower base damage. Faster aps, lower damage. When using skills the lower base damage hurts you.

Axes have a wide range of damage, hammers have a narrower range, but they have the same average. An example might be hammers hit for 7-9 damage, average of 8 while the axes hit for 5-11 damage, average 8. Hammers are more consistent, axes have higher highs and lower lows, but for pk the spike damage of axes is preferred.

So the reason people go dual axes is they've got the best spike damage (great with a zerk) and they've got the best skill damage.

Well im not sure what r u talking about cause at first:
    -u comparing G16 to R9r3 rly...?
    -second is that i cant see a lot of r9r3 characters,mby im wrong but not all of us wanna spend real money to get gear in game..
    -and if he said that G16 pole i think hes meant about pvp/pk with ppls with max G16 gears so caster wont have over 20k hp and 24 p def and 70def lvls...I think it this case they have about 9-13k hp~`30def lvl and 10k pdef so farstrike with crit can hit smth like 8k
    -also pole g16 and axes g16 arent that much difference cause they dont have SS/GoF also as sage pole bm has much more chi gaining speed and can kite much better than axes.
    -Also its no matter in crowd control as using axes/poles cause u can just switch to each other just to use 1 stun (so he can use even tt99 axes or so its no matter)and in this case pole can deal more damage (but im not sure cause im never tried)

And last thing is that its all depend on skill and what he likes.If he feel better with pole than with axes he can feel more comfortive and learn even more.b:victory
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well im not sure what r u talking about cause at first:
    -u comparing G16 to R9r3 rly...?
    -second is that i cant see a lot of r9r3 characters,mby im wrong but not all of us wanna spend real money to get gear in game..
    -and if he said that G16 pole i think hes meant about pvp/pk with ppls with max G16 gears so caster wont have over 20k hp and 24 p def and 70def lvls...I think it this case they have about 9-13k hp~`30def lvl and 10k pdef so farstrike with crit can hit smth like 8k
    -also pole g16 and axes g16 arent that much difference cause they dont have SS/GoF also as sage pole bm has much more chi gaining speed and can kite much better than axes.
    -Also its no matter in crowd control as using axes/poles cause u can just switch to each other just to use 1 stun (so he can use even tt99 axes or so its no matter)and in this case pole can deal more damage (but im not sure cause im never tried)

And last thing is that its all depend on skill and what he likes.If he feel better with pole than with axes he can feel more comfortive and learn even more.b:victory

There is no r9 or variation thereof for pole in that armour/weapon range. G16 is the highest you get. He was saying why people prefer one weapon over the other. At end game, when you refine all things to +12, they all hurt.

On sanctuary people are gearing up their alts as r9 3rd cast characters b:shocked. Making r9 characters is super cheap now, and can be easily farmed, merchanted. If old prices held true, you would be see far fewer r9 3rd cast. Saku i believe merchanted, or he lied and merchanted. R9 3rd cast is not about money only, in our faction the recent 10 players to get r9 3rd cast have been farmers, working their butts off for the past 2~10 months.

Saku was just outlining all cases i think, since most of us bm are too lazy to type these things out. Thank you Saku b:victory.

I will point out one more thing. If you really want to see a difference between weapons, get a g16 axe (non refined) and a g16 pole (non refined), and do a bt on a well geared person. See the damage numbers. Often times when digging crystals, people form up at the gate thingy. That is the best place to do a bt, and out of 10~15 players, 1~3 usually survive when i am done. If they are heavy dd, i end up dying. If i was using a pole, i won't be able to do that.
  • PlsStahp - Sanctuary
    PlsStahp - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Idk i find bms being good farmers.

Pair them up with a sin and cleric and they can pretty much solo tt 1-3~2-3

Fcc is easy peasy at 100s.

Use your pocket bm to farm basically anything u want. So much easier to play than sins cuz they have more hp and arent as squishy.

Its up to you to choose which class to play. Personally played most chars but bms are my fav. They need bp and cleric buffs to do well so id recommend making them and levelling them to 90ish for demon/sage buffs.

Now the game is sooo easy to play as compared to pwi my which i played yeeeaaars ago. Eq is actually farmable without cashshopping (occasional spending is fun) so i guess youll do well with a bm as a main!b:victory
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    last month i made my 100bm a pure pole AA bm

i dont know what ppl think nowdays but isnt that what the game is sopused to be far FUN

if you want to help this guy give him the best options even if you dont agree to it

if you want to pk sure go rank 9 s3 waste ur investment on becoming op but for pve really

anything with g16 can work

i hope he succed with his fun i find poles the best weapon for bm tho i wish i hade a spamable farstrike but even without it farstrike and smack sure is fun.

currently have almost 4k mp and skill spamming isnt a problem
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    currently have almost 4k mp and skill spamming isnt a problem

Congrats on your build.

Just because you are having fun in the start, when everything is shiny and new. That does not mean, when the newness wears off the thing will be still fun.

Your AA build be fun for you. But when you get into 60 vs 60 tws, you will learn very quickly why it won't be fun. Your only way to have fun and not being squished is high refines.

Pwi rule, high refine = tank through anything.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will sound rude

All classes with bad gear, low refines will suck. There is no magic answer to things.

All classes will either be hp dependent of mp dependent or both. We get charms now from the start, so not much to worry about, but if you play without charms, you will learn the true pain of doing things.

As with any class, it depends on refine. I have venos one shot with me 16k hp. I have dealth 6k~40k damage with bt. Barbs have done 20~60k arma on me. Wizzy, psy, clerics have hit me for booger loads. It just depends on how far you want to go.

When you do NW, TW, you will always come across the OP people in the server, who when they sneeze, will result in you dying. Past nw i only used to use about 200k~400k charm. Now i use 1m charm, because i am harder to kill, people dd on me longer.

pole bms may not be as high a dmg dealing as axe or as fast as fist but its a hell of alot more fun (funner?) did it a few times in AEU with a squad that didnt care and it made me want to just continue it. idk tho maybe ur experiences with pole fighting have just been worse then mine
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    i been having tons of fun in frost and pole is fun.... been lucky the ppl dont ind my weapon tho anybody an use anything in there.

but isnt this what pwi is for fun

maybe if you guys was not best gear ull understand

wish the was a pole class that be even better
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    pole bms may not be as high a dmg dealing as axe or as fast as fist but its a hell of alot more fun (funner?) did it a few times in AEU with a squad that didnt care and it made me want to just continue it. idk tho maybe ur experiences with pole fighting have just been worse then mine

and +1 to you man
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    What happens if your squads are weak? and you can not play with a pole, because people are dying left and right.
  • tbx1996
    tbx1996 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    follow your dreams.

i was once a fist/axe bm but now i use dual swords and fcc pole and wear full TT70 armor + 5 fully sharded with perfect turquoise shards.

i am so OP that i killed countless r999999999 in Nw and ranked first in my nation with 50k points.

#spiritchaserswag