Morai skills...

Options
xoinix
xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Cleric
So recently I purchased Violet Dance because I wanted to get an early grasps on its benefits and limits. When is the best time to use it and not to and so on and so forth (not to mention it looks totally awesome b:dirty). At the moment I'm level 83 at I wanted to ask if I should just wait to get absorbing/aurora array when I hit Morai or just buy the books now?

Some people say that they are for PvP only yet others say the healing effects works in a PvE environment as well. Now for the most part I am a PvE cleric and I only "fight" during a duel every now an then. So do I wait and get the books later or just spend the money to get the books now?

Thanks to all who reply b:victory
Post edited by xoinix on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just get them at 100; it's not like you're going to use them much in FC and BH (the only instances you're ever gonna do anyways)

I imagine VD would be useful for dailies and such though
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just get them at 100; it's not like you're going to use them much in FC and BH (the only instances you're ever gonna do anyways)

I imagine VD would be useful for dailies and such though

Pretty much this. Violet dance and the other morai skills that go with it are primarily pvp skills with the exception of mark of weakness which is a good extra metal skill and if used right contributes well to your party in a a boss fight if you don't have to heal.

In pve VD is generally used in solo situations when killing mobs, it provides a little increase in magic attack to help kill faster. The arrays do still provide the heal to you in a pve situation but are mostly a wasted pve skill. In my opinion wait till you hit 95 and can enter morai before worrying about the skills and then as a pve cleric work towards the no xp loss skill.
  • Aedric - Lost City
    Aedric - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'd say wait, unless you have a friend who can get them for you, they are very fun to use, but they cost 33/34k coins each, most people sell them for several thousand coins to trick new clerics.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I personally love Violet Dance, but at 83, I couldn't go long enough without a heal to make full use of it/ without charm and pot abuse. I would recommend getting Ancestor's Blessing first, then Mark of Weakness. Pious Blessing has never saved my **** in PvE, but maybe I'm just doing things wrong D;
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes the VD is best for PK imo except Mark of weakness it can be good in PVE too. At your lvl you can only get both arrays and VD, I'd say yes to getting them now figured why not? Additional magic attack + the HP reg block can be a changer.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Pious blessing has been an enormous boon to me in pvp now that I know when to use it. Its one of my defensive things I cycle through, between ad/belief, ironguard, plume shell, and 79 shields. Pve... can't imagine I'd ever be in a pve situation where I'm taking big dmg and not be in healing mode, why waste the charm hehe.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    These skills are actually useful at lvl 8x, if you do the 8x Tournament like I do. It's a PvP instance, and the Morai skills are helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

These skills are actually useful at lvl 8x, if you do the 8x Tournament like I do. It's a PvP instance, and the Morai skills are helpful.

NECROOO!!!!!!!

Ilyania - Lost City replied to a message that was 2 months 13 days 14 hours 32 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Ilyania - Lost City replied to a message that was 2 months 13 days 14 hours 32 minutes old.

Who gives a darn, cleric forums need a bit more activity lol. Its a legit reply.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931