Nation War Regional Map Size Discussion

13»

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The good:

Lots of fun fights, had an awesome bridge battle where it was 8-0 and we came back and won it 8-9.

Death to instance-jumping token ******!

The mediocre:

Baselocking wasn't *too* bad because you could have up to 40 on defense. But towards the end Light had 40 baselocking us because we were concentrating on Dark.

The bad:

The small map is just too cramped. There's very few choices as to where you can attack/move. The medium-sized map that we had prior to the giant map was just the perfect size for Sanctuary.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thank you for the nw map f:sweat ....first time i said it after enough months

now to rat along my squad, from the huge and deep wholes of multiclient alt nw farming....to their mains...and with this optimization thingy i actually got in almost every big battle with no lagg...freezes cuz of too many players should be less and less now f:sneaky

AND BTW YOU CAN'T TALK OF LANDS BLOCK WHEN MOST OF THE LANDS AT CHOKE DIDN'T HAVE FULL DEFENSE.....so there was room for everyone to enter.
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    slamstone wrote: »
    thank you for the nw map f:sweat ....first time i said it after enough months

now to rat along my squad, from the huge and deep wholes of multiclient alt nw farming....to their mains...and with this optimization thingy i actually got in almost every big battle with no lagg...freezes cuz of too many players should be less and less now f:sneaky

AND BTW YOU CAN'T TALK OF LANDS BLOCK WHEN MOST OF THE LANDS AT CHOKE DIDN'T HAVE FULL DEFENSE.....so there was room for everyone to enter.

^this, thank you

lands around base can hold up to 40 players each that is actually kinda like 1/3 of a nation player base?
    how are you supposed to get base locked?
    just gj devs this time!
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    + 1

Great map fix.
    Very Happy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "casual players" complaning we get the map designed for us? the large one was for server vs server. do we have server vs server? was it normal ppl dual clienting with land hopers (the one who enter/leave battles to get points) could get more than the ones fighting?

btw, this is not the 1st map we had when w was introduced.

it was 80 lands, 4 lands bordering bases : http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy96/DUDE2509/newtwmap-1.png

then it was the increased one, 120 lands, 6 lands bordering bases :
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=834331

and you cant get baselocked now. cooldown on lands is reduced, unless you can have 250 in each nation, everyone can find a fight around base. and you wont have 250, less AFK, land hopers or dual clienting :p
  • celeste081
    celeste081 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    was it normal ppl dual clienting with land hopers (the one who enter/leave battles to get points) could get more than the ones fighting?
    less AFK, land hoppers or dual clienting :p

The problem with AFK dual clienting and land hopers has not caused by the map size. The only reason that ever worked is the retardness of the scoring system: getting points for simply entering and doing nothing is madness. You should never get points if u don't actually fight or do objectives.

Pretending rediced map size is a logical fix for afk-ing and landhopping is nonsense.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    celeste081 wrote: »
    The problem with AFK dual clienting and land hopers has not caused by the map size. The only reason that ever worked is the retardness of the scoring system: getting points for simply entering and doing nothing is madness. You should never get points if u don't actually fight or do objectives.

Pretending rediced map size is a logical fix for afk-ing and landhopping is nonsense.

It is nolonger possible to be locked inside your base unless your nation has 200 people all actively trying to enter at once.

The map we currently have is the medium sized second map. It has 6 lands surrounding as opposed to the first map's 4. Additionally, the original small map had a limit of 20 people per side in each battle and had a longer wait time between battles at each land.

In other words, everyone complaining is blowing smoke out their @ss.

The change makes the battles active again.
    I'm very happy with the change.

The large map was designed for server vs server wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drinkkk
    drinkkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gib me rank9 +12 and i will be happy too
  • ShadowElfy - Sanctuary
    ShadowElfy - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The map we currently have is the medium sized second map. It has 6 lands surrounding as opposed to the first map's 4. Additionally, the original small map had a limit of 20 people per side in each battle and had a longer wait time between battles at each land.

I'll have to check again tonight but I'm fairly certain there were only 4 lands around each base on Sanctuary, i.e. the small map. If underpopulated Lost City got a bigger map than populated Sanctuary that needs to be fixed.
  • brontolith
    brontolith Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ah yes, I see now the real reason for making the map so small. People can't earn points unless they pay their way to op gear. I didn't point abuse and never afk/duel cliented and I still got 14k average points. But now I that I have to split points with 10+ people every time (some of which are still afk) I can't earn money. Fine, I'll just do what everyone else does and make dozens of alts and farm jollies, or will you take that away too?

Seriously though, this is way too small. If you want maps this small, then change the level requirement. Level 60-99 you're just cannon fodder. I only earn points because most people can't one-shot me with the newbie buffs and invoke. If you want to stop people from abusing the points, change how you earn them. Playing the objective needs to be the biggest factor of points, yet taking crystals gives you nothing. Seriously nothing? People camping their base earn more points even though it has no direct affect on winning?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this map size is perfect, there are enough instances where everybody can get in to one.. and yet not so many that you end up in empty instances the entire night.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is actually a very good map size, imo. There is always an open battle, and the mass amount of empty battles is gone.

The people whining most times about it are the ones that just hopped battles to get massive points on the old one.

Well now you actually gotta work, have fun.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey now, I wrote a guide on how NW was set up as to how it actually works and even had others chime in on some other points involved... That stuff still works. The smaller map reduces to what extent it works though. So in this case, this smaller map does aid toward that end, but yes... the scoring system is nearly fatally flawed in how it dishes out personal points.

That being said, this map is perfect in its size. I just wish they could fix it so its not too big for the screen... I hate that slider bar **** for all of like 1 strip of territories in the x and y directions.

PS. I made another post on that nw guide... all in all, this map is actually a win win for every type of player, no matter what their intentions are in nw.

...And now for pwi to be fc and hyper restricted at level 75 b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]