HELP! Strategies to killing Yelling To The Sky

Miss_menace - Raging Tide
Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just finished with a squad in Dragon Hidden Den and it was going really smoothly. Even the second boss, newbies actually thought it was fun. That's a welcome relief.

But at Yelling To The Sky boss, we tried and tried but couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong.

The two biggest squad wipe problems were:

1. The spewed lava all over the floor
Beyond actually watching for the message to show up on screen to warn you about it, we still only came out with one alive.. and sometimes no one. Some say use the gasbag pill and jump, but it doesn't allow you to maneuver towards the edge and out of the lava. Is using AD and invincibility pots the only way to go? Someone tried Astrelle's suggestion but that's only if Chen Yen doesnt decide to come after you.

2. Chen Yen is harder to kill than expected.
Is it possible that our +8 T3 aps sin and demon HF BM weren't strong enough, and that we have to get either more aps killers or a stronger sin? We did end up killing Chen fast, but everyone in the squad except the psy and veno were on him when it spawned at the very beginning. So when he spawned the next time unbeknownst to the DDs, it was hard to get that much fire power again.

In the end, we didn't make it. I would suspect that a number of people in the squad maybe didn't have superior weapons even though everyone except three were ranged attackers.

Anyone find a solution that works to take care of these two particular parts of this stage?
Post edited by Miss_menace - Raging Tide on

Comments

• shunsai
    shunsai Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't have any suggestions, but I did a dragon den run by myself-- meaning that the run is slower paced, and you can observe all the boss's patterns. Maybe you can watch the video and look for clues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEzUySBn1uA&feature=share&list=UUxfiDxRMZIrFM-s9x9gaebw
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've completed it 4 times now with one strategy.
    (btw you ARE supposed to use the gas bags to leap away from the lava and you CAN aim where you land after flying into the air)

1.) The coins in the air give you double damage buff and healing buff when you fly through or next to them. Make sure entire party has double damage buff

2.) Directly below the boss where chen yen spawns is a pillar the entire party can stand on where the lava will not reach. You just have to be careful not to fall when the boss uses reel in on you.

3.) Pay attention. Have people with zhens and bring 2 clerics. Remember to remove the debuff with the pills soon as it appears and *** up chen yen soon as he spawns
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Kniraven that's a great help. I can see (and now know) that every suggestion you gave is very important.

Yeah i just went again today with some OP faction peeps, and even though we had a lot of problems with last boss, we managed to kill him!

The trick was...

1. Yes, the coin buffs is huge! its like a major major increase in damage. When I have it, my BM can practically solo Chen Yen and kill him in time. So you can imagine the difference on the boss!

2. The platform just below the boss was the secret to our success. As a BM, I noticed that I had to stand close to the edge of the back of the platform to stay safe. We had two clerics that took turns BBing for us, and as a BM, I constantly aoed since normal aps attack on the boss is not very effective (has that buff that reduces normal attack damage). The advantage of constant aoe is that if any mobs spawned, i would take aggro and kill them, and when Chen Yen spawned, He immediately came up on the platform where I could kill him. Having a seeker in vortex i can imagine would be really helpful.

3. Once i got in the habit of spam clicking the purify pill, it really made a difference between life and death for me!

I'll try to update the main guide with this info. But keep your ideas coming... I will post them as they come in!

It's too bad that the majority of squads that try this instance give up on this last boss. Because of that, it's hard to find squads willing to do the instance every day, unless you are in one of the strongest factions in the server and are running with mega OP players. But hopefully, like many other instances, people will slowly get stronger and stronger.

Someone in our squad suggested that one of the BHs would be in this instance... and although I'm sure lots of people would hate this, I think it would be a great way to get great experience in doing the instance!
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We just had the seeker zhen, clerics tag team blueball, everyone spam aoes on boss.

Something i noticed incorrect in the guide was you said melees couldn't attack the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Something i noticed incorrect in the guide was you said melees couldn't attack the boss.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I recently changed it to "melees cannot attack the boss from the ground." Did you find that not to be true, because I dont believe i was able to reach the boss with my BM from the ground...