Thank you PWE for giving us smaller Nation War map again!

Arawin - Raging Tide
Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Nation Wars
Tonight's NW was the best I've had in months. Instead of spending 80% of the time looking for a fun battle, I spent 80% of the time *in* good battles. It was glorious and fun again! I never liked when the entire map was empty and you could never find a good fight.

Thank you for listening to player feedback and making nation wars fun again! b:victory
Post edited by Arawin - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This post is way too positive to be a PWI thread.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013

This.
    What's your game, OP?
    Someone not complaining? Too good to be true, but welcomed nonetheless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Worry not, this thread will have few responses and will be pushed to the bottom real quick in favor of QQ threads.
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 most fun ever
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • PrayToGod - Archosaur
    PrayToGod - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i had alot of fun tonight in NW
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Best time i had in months
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

• r34p3r1
    r34p3r1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +10000000000b:dirty
  • kharik
    kharik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i had so much funb:cute
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree the "new" old map is better, plus with them keeping the number of people that can go into a battle the same as the new map I never saw a time when people had no battles available. It also seemed like with this map back it was easier to work with your whole nation. If you needed help you could call out your location and help actually arrived.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Lol, enjoy this while it lasts Sister. On the topic, yes thank you very much for downsizing the NW map PWI.
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh snap i skiped last night NW

but insted i had

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    just one thing, why the zoom? sometimes u cant see the corner lands if ur zoomed in by accident a bit.That was really not needed.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    + 1
    Great Job to any staff involved in making this change happen.
    I had so much more fun tonight!

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lets wait a week or two and see how this thread goes. smaller map means you will go back to getting baselocked for over an hour. after that there is no chance for your nation to recover and you will get nothing. do you all have goldfish memory that you forgot why the map was made bigger in the first place?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lets wait a week or two and see how this thread goes. smaller map means you will go back to getting baselocked for over an hour. after that there is no chance for your nation to recover and you will get nothing. do you all have goldfish memory that you forgot why the map was made bigger in the first place?

+1

filler
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    Lolitta - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why you people complain? You were the ones that ask GM for a small size map cuz you were Rank9 +12 and want to kill people and show off and the big map did not have so many battles! You got what you ask for. b:victory
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Just remember, the old, original NW map had 2 or 3 minute locks on maps before it was available for attack again. This was the cause of the majority of base locks. With the new one, the maps are locked for only 30 seconds or 1 minute, I don't remember exactly.

While baselocks are still possible, it wouldn't last as long as the original NW map. Last night, Dark and Light baselocked Flame, but it only lasted a couple minutes before they were able to break free. That isn't as bad as being locked in for more than 15 minutes on the original map.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just remember, the old, original NW map had 2 or 3 minute locks on maps before it was available for attack again. This was the cause of the majority of base locks. With the new one, the maps are locked for only 30 seconds or 1 minute, I don't remember exactly.

While baselocks are still possible, it wouldn't last as long as the original NW map. Last night, Dark and Light baselocked Flame, but it only lasted a couple minutes before they were able to break free. That isn't as bad as being locked in for more than 15 minutes on the original map.
    Battles can now also hold more players than they could back then and there are fewer players attending, both of which greatly reduce the sting of baselocks. The new map is a welcome change which has returned NW to a PvP battle instance instead of the map-hopping alt farming instance that it has been for the last several months. It may suck for undergeared low levels who no longer can score more tokens than those actually doing the fighting, but I think that's a good thing.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i had fun last night NW. 80% of the time is really good war. i always go squadless, previous map when we got 10 ppl rank 9rr squad, we always got pawn easy. but now with smaller map. other ppl in same nation can help. which makes this become more fair fight. and 1 minute CD on map makes harder for other nation to lock base. so thanks with this new map. :)
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Ikr? +1

Oh snap i skiped last night NW

but insted i had

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

LOL, thanks for posting that. Its so positively stupid that Im starting Saturday morning with a cup of coffee and a smile on my face. b:laugh

Bless you.
    b:thanks
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sooner or later the normal geared plyer will qq about getting base locked and want bigger map

the ones who qq before where the r9s3 +12 who did not get enough killing

soon will the qq come from the normal non r9 s3 players who get based lock why these r8 s3 player

why not make two nw

ones for op gear and shards and one for normal ones with normal shards and refines
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I must say that only 2 kinds of people had fun with the small map....R9rr people and morons cuz the map is TOO small and ruined my NW fun i left after 40 min. It now favors r9rr and screws the rest of us so anyone saying they enjoyed....b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013

1st, this one is not the smaller map we had. the 1st NW map was 80 lands, and yes they increased it because of base lock. but then with the 120-130 lands one (forgot the exact number) it was fine. it was increase to the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge one because in china they had cross servers NW. they actually have people to fill all those lands. we dont. the 120 lands is normal for us, because all fights have good amount of players, not only 2-3.
    I must say that only 2 kinds of people had fun with the small map....R9rr people and morons cuz the map is TOO small and ruined my NW fun i left after 40 min. It now favors r9rr and screws the rest of us so anyone saying they enjoyed....b:angry

yes because obviously its unfait the ones fighting get betetr rewards than the ones watching, afking, or jumping in lands as fast as possible to get points.

and its not normal in pvp the stronger wins.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    [yes because obviously its unfait the ones fighting get betetr rewards than the ones watching, afking, or jumping in lands as fast as possible to get points.

and its not normal in pvp the stronger wins.[/QUOTE]

that is what i call selfish...

wonder what would happen if all but r9rr was left doing nw i bet it get boring fast

but hej as long as YOU have your fun **** the rest RIGHT
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Flame never got based lock yeah they was atking right on our base but we all had battles we could go in and i ended up with so many points and tokens b:dirty i dont care base lock me, means more FUN

edited September 2013
    [yes because obviously its unfait the ones fighting get betetr rewards than the ones watching, afking, or jumping in lands as fast as possible to get points.

and its not normal in pvp the stronger wins.

wonder what would happen if all but r9rr was left doing nw i bet it get boring fast

how long have u been playing this game? pvp was always been about competition. with tw for example, when lvling was very long, it was the 80 higher lvl of faction who had spots, then with everyone lvl 100 it was the best 80.

gears are one thing, but ppl with lower lvl gears and doing nothing is an other. r9rr or not, if u can win 4v30 in flag or crystal map, the 30 avverage players are doing it wrong.

and fun really? most of "average" players were abusing the system, or dual clienting to get as many tokens as possible. pvp is about competition, always been
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't like the current map. Its a playground for r9rr's +12/10 now. I think i would prefer the old map because, you don't get landlocked. Or at least pwi can make the old map a little smaller but bigger than the one we have now. This one is way to small.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited September 2013

how long have u been playing this game? pvp was always been about competition. with tw for example, when lvling was very long, it was the 80 higher lvl of faction who had spots, then with everyone lvl 100 it was the best 80.

gears are one thing, but ppl with lower lvl gears and doing nothing is an other. r9rr or not, if u can win 4v30 in flag or crystal map, the 30 avverage players are doing it wrong.

and fun really? most of "average" players were abusing the system, or dual clienting to get as many tokens as possible. pvp is about competition, always been[/QUOTE]

.............................................................................................................................................

i hope u like dead server becouse its becouse of that wish they are so dead

i been playing pw since malayisa version before lost city existed

and i liked more the avarage ppl wars then the minority who put 50ks

sure i put a few 1000s but even i know r9s3 is not about tactic or pvp its about wallet

why u think lost city server players got there *** kicked by the chinese plaayers on that tournament

skill have 0 to do with wallet

you talk about pvp then remove gear and put same gear for all same shard and you get skill

and i can prove you i invested in this game can you do the same

also cash shopper abuse there gear pvp is about skill not gear

see r9s3 abuse the system too get as many token as possible
    edited September 2013
    1st you cant get base locked as someone stated. seeing how many ppl in each nation (around 150, when it was 200+ on old map, less afk or dual clienting huh?) even if your whole nation is in base, everyone will find an opened land to go.

if you want everyone with same gears that wont be in this game.

you dont have to use cash to get r9r3 you know?
    and you statement "also cash shopper abuse there gear pvp is about skill not gear
    see r9s3 abuse the system too get as many token as possible
    " is stupid. even tho yes might be unfair cash players are stronger, at least they do fight to get tokens, not like it was on the old map where someone not fighting but just jumping in/out of lands get more than the ones fighting. if you think that was fair, then what do you call pvp?

you cant win a land because op players? example of what happened yesterday on dw. 1st battle us in light went on flame. we were only 5-6 squad, and in some land we were outnumbered (like 15 v 20 i believe) against almost 2 full squads of end game gears players. we have good gears too, but couldnt stop them. solution? we countered the land and went behind their front push. in the end they had to split, light won the ranking
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    this fit in general not here ~.~ need better mods or something