PWI is not improving at all

Options
Hisio - Morai
Hisio - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
This is just a rant, I don't care if you block it or anything ...
Nothing has improved in this game since I do not know when. Do not make updates if you are going to include useless things (titles, yellow kitten event, dating...)
Moreover, NW became a R9.3 paradise, thank you for nerfing the rewards of the non r9.3...
Seriously PWE, change the teams working on PWI to include people who do not only think about profits and think more about players because you are doing everything wrong.
Post edited by Hisio - Morai on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Seriously PWE, change the teams working on PWI to include people who do not only think about profits and think more about players because you are doing everything wrong.

PWI is a franchise, they make NONE of the updates, they get what they pay for from a very limited amount of choices from wanmei in china

PWI really controls : cash shop...website..customer support..the physical servers, they work with the CN team about which content we get/slightly modifed very little
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    NW has always been a R9rr paradise. Same as EVERY event in the game caters to them.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    NW has always been a R9rr paradise. Same as EVERY event in the game caters to them.

Welcome to the world of MMORPGs, CSers have been ruling all MMORPGs, not just PWI. If you don't like it, quit and play some other multiplayer games that is not required for money.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Welcome to the world of MMORPGs, CSers have been ruling all MMORPGs, not just PWI. If you don't like it, quit and play some other multiplayer games that is not required for money.

Trust me, I could easily afford to get whatever PWE implements as end game gear, but here is the kicker...as the state of the game is on a serious decline, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would be foolish enough to spend the money for endgame gear regardless of how much money I make in my profession, when the game isn't at all healthy. If the game improves its outcome longevity, then I would be happy to do so, but right now, no way. I would be an idiot to do so.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    PWI is a franchise, they make NONE of the updates, they get what they pay for from a very limited amount of choices from wanmei in china

PWI really controls : cash shop...website..customer support..the physical servers, they work with the CN team about which content we get/slightly modifed very little
    As someone who has worked in the F2P industry this is how it is for most on the publishing side / subsidiaries for developers from Asia. The head office, whether it be in China, or South Korea, or wherever, makes all the decisions, only gathers limited information from the localized office (in this case, USA), and proceeds to ignore most requests for long term improvement for a quick buck. A North American office trying to get through to their overlords in Asia is like trying to cut a tooth with a plastic knife.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As someone who has worked in the F2P industry this is how it is for most on the publishing side / subsidiaries for developers from Asia. The head office, whether it be in China, or South Korea, or wherever, makes all the decisions, only gathers limited information from the localized office (in this case, USA), and proceeds to ignore most requests for long term improvement for a quick buck. A North American office trying to get through to their overlords in Asia is like trying to cut a tooth with a plastic knife.
    You are exactly correct.
    It's also why I started this thread.
    I've Gm'ed for a few games, and sometimes that is the only way to get the company to listen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The game is all how you play it. Play with your friends and have fun.
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ugh these complainers. *I am not okay with this, not with that, and not with this, I hate that and that* b:angry
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    RAGE....b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry i mean seriously the NW map is too small now.....too many bridge battles....I left NW after less than 40 min cuz it is totally screwed up....if PWI expects to keep what little reputation it has left in the MMO gaming community they need to stop "fixing" what isnt broken and actually FIX what IS!!!!! Fix the old crazy glitches....and give us the last NW map back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    RAGE....b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry i mean seriously the NW map is too small now.....too many bridge battles....I left NW after less than 40 min cuz it is totally screwed up....if PWI expects to keep what little reputation it has left in the MMO gaming community they need to stop "fixing" what isnt broken and actually FIX what IS!!!!! Fix the old crazy glitches....and give us the last NW map back.

I think you can add that to the list of things that "need" to be fixed, that they (pwi's devs') likely have no intention of changing. EDIT: To be fair I feel that is a bit of a double edged sword, sure it ensures more fights, but at the same time, its the weaker ones suffering from it... although it shouldn't ever be that easy to get tokens... that is like taking candy from a baby, sure some may applaud you for having the balls for it, but many people wouldn't see the logic in it at all, and shun/criticize you for it ENDLESSLY... and even if you think you redeemed yourself a little. EDIT 2: (As matter of fact I for one don't feel it needs to be 'fixed' I hated the empty fights)

---

The purify proc on casters r93r weapons. (<-- So broken in mass pvp... Yes there is ways to counter it, but just because there is a way to counter it... doesn't mean it isn't broken.) Meh I am so expecting ppl to give me a hard time for bringing that up.... so not in the mood to argue about it.

The anti auto attack buff, making it difficult to get chi while still dealing a decent amount of damage... (YES... Skills will do that and then some... but at a far lesser rate + they wont do anywhere near as much damage as a caster would) and the casters often killing their 'immuned to physical damage' mobs/bosses a lot faster than the other way around... though yes that is situational... still its more often casters kill those kind of mobs faster... the ones that the other side of the 'triangle' can't touch.

---

I kind of feel like I am ready to throw in the white towel... I hate being like those racist people who seem to think everytime something bad happens to them its due to the color of their skin... or in my case... my class... but still it so seems like my days are numbered... almost like the final nail in the coffin is just waiting to be hammered in... likely by the staff implementing an unfavorable change, or perhaps a caster class that will do the hammering... one thing is for sure though... it will only be a matter of time before something happens that will cause me/others like me to leave the game for good. (The game is, and arguably for quite some time now struggling to keep its players... change is indeed good... but too much of it/the wrong change will be the final nail in the coffin then there will be no one left to play this game... one of which I still enjoy to an extent or I wouldn't be here complaining/still playing casually..ish) xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    b:bored b:bored

how bout that dragon instance though?

b:bored b:bored b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

why does everyone think Rank9RR is only thing you need like omfg f:fume Im half T3 and I can handle myself well...in nw's f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    funny, the only ppl that raged about the new NW on my server are those that usually just "map-hoped" with their alts to get a few hundred tokens instead of actively participating in the pvp - which the event/instance was made for.

i love it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Wait.... people complained that NW map is way too damn big and now that they reverted back to normal, you're complaining it's too small?

Make up your mind.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Wait.... people complained that NW map is way too damn big and now that they reverted back to normal, you're complaining it's too small?

Make up your mind.

They'll never be happy, no matter what happens of course.
    The only reasonable complaint about it that Ive heard was the lack of crystal battles compared to the other two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Make up your mind.

Well after multiple pe0ple testing, they have c0me t0 the c0nclusi0n size d0es indeed matter. Th0ugh 0ddly en0ugh m0st prefered it small it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    Lolitta - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The problem is that this game has become only duel. pk and pvp. There are not much things for us PVE people to farm. No one buy anything , drops are so so low and you cant make profit for anything anymore, just Boutique.
    TT sell half price and the drop is a joke, T3 gear dont sell anymore, EoD is under 3 M and catshops are full of those and so on......
    I choose PVE so I can play, farm, kill mobs, make coins and sell my items but that is not there anymore. People buy R9 gear just for PVP and all the game is about PVP now..I dont know how much longer i will play, I am sorry to spend 4 years here just hoping to get better but is not getting anywhere.
    I like to PLAY not open boutique and say i played the game, for me playing is farming, killing bosses and make squads and play with friends but that was long time ago....
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ppl complaining before was the rich ppl or just the r9s3 or pretty much end game geared player

now the ones who dont have the same gear are complaining

merchant is not for everyone is just like gambling there need to many loser to have a winner

small map only help the op players big map help the normal players

so now gues who is gona qq

make two nw one for normal ppl with normal refine nothing past +5 and not to +7 shards and max nv2 and one for op ppl b:pleased
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ppl complaining before was the rich ppl or just the r9s3 or pretty much end game geared player

now the ones who dont have the same gear are complaining

merchant is not for everyone is just like gambling there need to many loser to have a winner

small map only help the op players big map help the normal players

so now gues who is gona qq

make two nw one for normal ppl with normal refine nothing past +5 and not to +7 shards and max nv2 and one for op ppl b:pleased
    Or just ignore the QQ people / make fun of them. b:cute
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    that works two
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm always in NW with two characters, barb + cleric. Cleric, to get max hp + pdef buff back on barb (barb with low hp is a non-factor, hp charms would kill my whole profit and there is no way to get max hp back with normal pots).

Since I'm a R999 barb, I'm a factor for my nation - even when I'm just a barb - so that's why I believe that it's ok when I go with two characters (tbh I even feel forced to do that because of the way too high hp charm costs and my cleric does often receive 0 tokens anyway - even also today when I was in winning nation (cleric got ~6500 points).

My three issues are those:

When I e.g. enter a battle with barb + cleric and both do NOTHING (because others did/do already the job), my barb gets waaay more points than my cleric. Just because my barb has a high soulforce. Soulforce shouldn't be a factor. If you buff someone with buffs which someone did not have before (I buff everyone with pdef buff with cleric), you should get MORE points than someone who is doing NOTHING.

Characters with highly refined gear and weapon have already a high advance over others, no need to give them even more (most of the time my barb is rank 1 in the battles - I benefit, but I still believe it's not fair).

My 2nd issue: People which care about their nation lose alot of points. Care about nation means: you stop/keep busy alot of enemies by joining battles even if you know that you will lose. Especially in tower lands which consume alot of time.

3rd issue is the broken purfiy/speed on caster weapon. All weapon features shoud be turned off while someone does carry the flag (imo even apo pots shouldn't work).
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Im so glad I grew outta NW.But really what would make the game interesting since all are getting this epic added paragraph on their heads lately why not just do a quest and it randomly places you into 1 of the 4 nations that are in NW so you know what nation you will be in permanently and **** all this randomness.b:victory

speed reduction on the carrier is kinda stank..this game needs to learn some ctf functions from the works of unreal and tribes then incorporate a better ctf system..NW is a joke.
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Althought i commented about this in another post, it won't hurt to repetat here again.

Many ppl are still surprised, about the Crimson Imperium Upgrade and the problems is has caused and still, is causing to the game. Well !. i am surprised about those ppl as well.

Anyone familar with pwi , knows that everytime we get an upgrade, it brings disaster to the game. i never expected Crimson Imperium to be any different.

However, due to the inmense amount of stuff thrown to the serves, the situation has became chaotic. PWI was forced to reduce the amount or territories in NW for this reason.

The amount of lagging has increased a lot:
    And what is worse, has expanded to other areas of the game never affected for it before. Places like some caves, and Morai; where i used to play normaly, have reached pings up to 1.600. Very soon, pwi will become totally unplayabe. Some of you might say: " This isn't a new topic", of course it isn't , but like i stated before, it is now worse than ever,many of my guildmates agree with me about it.

The game has become unresponsive and the dc's are now more frecuent:
    Last Friday, while playing the Assault in Arch.with my veno, first thing i noticed was that my toon couldn't pick up items,later, it couldn't fly and finally my veno's pet was not following my attacking commands. I managed to get rid of the Assault and went to Arch., some npc's like merchants practically dissapeared from the game, and the banker, didn't take my command to open the bank's services. I can say here also that i dc'ed around 4 times in a row. A friend of mine also experienced this while playing NW.

Who knows!!, what will happens next, maybe more unscheduled maint. like the one from Sept 26th, which imao didn't fix anything from an upgrade that i consider, The Worst Upgrade ever done by PWE.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Althought i commented about this in another post, it won't hurt to repetat here again.

Many ppl are still surprised, about the Crimson Imperium Upgrade and the problems is has caused and still, is causing to the game. Well !. i am surprised about those ppl as well.

Anyone familar with pwi , knows that everytime we get an upgrade, it brings disaster to the game. i never expected Crimson Imperium to be any different.

However, due to the inmense amount of stuff thrown to the serves, the situation has became chaotic. PWI was forced to reduce the amount or territories in NW for this reason.

The amount of lagging has increased a lot:
    And what is worse, has expanded to other areas of the game never affected for it before. Places like some caves, and Morai; where i used to play normaly, have reached pings up to 1.600. Very soon, pwi will become totally unplayabe. Some of you might say: " This isn't a new topic", of course it isn't , but like i stated before, it is now worse than ever,many of my guildmates agree with me about it.

The game has become unresponsive and the dc's are now more frecuent:
    Last Friday, while playing the Assault in Arch.with my veno, first thing i noticed was that my toon couldn't pick up items,later, it couldn't fly and finally my veno's pet was not following my attacking commands. I managed to get rid of the Assault and went to Arch., some npc's like merchants practically dissapeared from the game, and the banker, didn't take my command to open the bank's services. I can say here also that i dc'ed around 4 times in a row. A friend of mine also experienced this while playing NW.

Who knows!!, what will happens next, maybe more unscheduled maint. like the one from Sept 26th, which imao didn't fix anything from an upgrade that i consider, The Worst Upgrade ever done by PWE.
    If you're having those kinds of issues with lagging, DC, and low FPS, it's most likely on your PC.

I'm playing on a PC that's about 6-7 years old and not having any issues like what you're describing. Some of that also could be attributed to corrupt client files, which is usually caused because you didn't take care of your security software like you should have.

The majority of user's don't have the issues that you are describing. If you would like help on resolving it, either start a thread in the Tech Support Forum with detailed information, or send me a PM. (You could also Submit a ticket, but it takes longer and you're less likely to be presented with an actual solution.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maharett - Sanctuary
    Maharett - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have been in PWI non-stop for 5 years(not sure if that's sad or not lol) And it held so much promise now it's just a game with a whole lot of extras and not much content. Kinda like a cake with pretty frosting and then when you cut into it there is a big hallow. People stay for friends and because they have put the time and effort into it I wish the PWI staff and developers put as much time and effort into it as their gamers do if they did this game would rock.

As for NW as with every update..instead of messing with the stuff that's broke they go and break the stuff that isn't..they need to stop sniffing glue get their heads outta their buts and listen to who pays their checks..the gamers..cause if this keeps going this way even us ole timers are gonna bail.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    the real problem is how people get merit in the event.
    The way I understand it, the more damage you do, the better for you.

but how can you quantified the amount of work a player do in a map. I mean how do you take in the EP healing skill vs veno purify and massive damage of a +12 r9rr.

I made a test in 1 nw, were I started whit my guild in a 10 player team, I followed them every were for 1 hour.

I then went back to base and did my own fight were I chose were I could be the most valuable.

Down the line I made 2x more merit alone, just because I had time to do something in those fight, contrary to were whit the team I had time to use just a few skill.

Frankly just the way this game is going whit the calendar log and the meditation and the every day free exp. I'm gonna add the veno culti were you can just log in it and get feral for free. What is the point, they should just give us 15 mil coins a week jusst to look at it !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Make up your mind.

To be honest, it was better to be "too big" (What fail QQed about this?) because at least there is no base locking when other nations gank one nation. It's not a big deal, I have rarely got base locked myself.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

That's called TW not NW.

I don't know about you guys, but I know for a fact that most of the R9 love to TW for the challenge and fun, which is what playing a game is for. NW is just something done on the side -- and that competitive spirit from TW carries over with them.

If anything NW is boring for an R9, because the fights are never equal. At least that's the case now.... Back when NW launched it was easier to find a maxed battle 20v20, which was REALLY fun.

Oh that reminds me, even when I was r8r in NW I preferred going solo than teaming up. Because it was more challenging to fight that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm always in NW with two characters, barb + cleric. Cleric, to get max hp + pdef buff back on barb (barb with low hp is a non-factor, hp charms would kill my whole profit and there is no way to get max hp back with normal pots).

Since I'm a R999 barb, I'm a factor for my nation - even when I'm just a barb - so that's why I believe that it's ok when I go with two characters (tbh I even feel forced to do that because of the way too high hp charm costs and my cleric does often receive 0 tokens anyway - even also today when I was in winning nation (cleric got ~6500 points).

My three issues are those:

When I e.g. enter a battle with barb + cleric and both do NOTHING (because others did/do already the job), my barb gets waaay more points than my cleric. Just because my barb has a high soulforce. Soulforce shouldn't be a factor. If you buff someone with buffs which someone did not have before (I buff everyone with pdef buff with cleric), you should get MORE points than someone who is doing NOTHING.

Characters with highly refined gear and weapon have already a high advance over others, no need to give them even more (most of the time my barb is rank 1 in the battles - I benefit, but I still believe it's not fair).

My 2nd issue: People which care about their nation lose alot of points. Care about nation means: you stop/keep busy alot of enemies by joining battles even if you know that you will lose. Especially in tower lands which consume alot of time.

3rd issue is the broken purfiy/speed on caster weapon. All weapon features shoud be turned off while someone does carry the flag (imo even apo pots shouldn't work).

Agreed with everything here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    it's true r9rrr player don't need coins has much has normal player. But it's a cser game and PW would not make money if they gave the mid class player free r9 whit nw.

They can get it for a lot less, but they still have to get refining after. This is just a really short money making game, do profit now instead of giving long term quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]