Nation War Regional Map Size Discussion

Options

Comments

• Zynes - Dreamweaver
    Zynes - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hi, just another Archer on Dreamweaver asking simple questions. So in turn if it doesn't get answered(Im sure it wont) I wont feel to bad. Anyway, my questions, Why was NW nerffed? Why lower the amount of tokens we get? To what point did that help? and no im not venting or complaining im just simply wondering :) if you could answer I would enjoy that if not that's ok ill move on and put it behind me :)
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hi, just another Archer on Dreamweaver asking simple questions. So in turn if it doesn't get answered(Im sure it wont) I wont feel to bad. Anyway, my questions, Why was NW nerffed? Why lower the amount of tokens we get? To what point did that help? and no im not venting or complaining im just simply wondering :) if you could answer I would enjoy that if not that's ok ill move on and put it behind me :)

was not a nerf, same amount of tokens for the NW. thing is its easier to get points now. so AFK ppl get points, or low geared ppl avoid fights and go win battles 1v0 and get good points for that. active fighters get more points ofc, but the difference is not high enough, so more ppl get points, more ppl get tokens or they get more tokens than they should get. less tokens for the others
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I love going into be with all empty wars and pve crystals and towers.

But for real, who is actually working in nw map?
    Anyone want to own up to it?
  • Alexlne - Dreamweaver
    Alexlne - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thank you GMs for recognizing this issue and being willing to switch the map back to a reasonable size, hopefully we don't have to wait a few months on it. :/

We really could use the old map size back as soon as possible, Nation Wars has lost the value of teamwork and it's more worthwhile to run around solo gathering points than working together with a squad to win battles and try to play a part in determining the outcome of the overall Nation War. The ease of gaining points has made it worthwhile to multiclient a poorly geared low level alt in NW once again as well, and all these alts can affect the outcome when they're AFK.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thank you GMs for recognizing this issue and being willing to switch the map back to a reasonable size, hopefully we don't have to wait a few months on it. :/

We really could use the old map size back as soon as possible, Nation Wars has lost the value of teamwork and it's more worthwhile to run around solo gathering points than working together with a squad to win battles and try to play a part in determining the outcome of the overall Nation War. The ease of gaining points has made it worthwhile to multiclient a poorly geared low level alt in NW once again as well, and all these alts can affect the outcome when they're AFK.

to add more, PvP is suposed to make you want/have to play Players vs Players. With the current map size, NW has a problem a recent game had (and still has im sure, game about "Battles" and Guilds) where there, to suceed PvP, best way is to avoid Players, to not fight them, because its a loss of time, so you can captures goals faster. that is not PvP, and PWI must change our current NW.

edit for mods : there is no other game naming, unless there is the other game full name, stop being paranoid
  • evolution1234
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I hope this does not drag into 2014.
  • Master_Ghoul - Lost City
    Master_Ghoul - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    sure change map size but lower party size back to 6

10 ppl party is to much
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Gms, any update on this? been a while b:question
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I hope the push to get this changed didn't vanish along with Hey, You! ...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I hope the push to get this changed didn't vanish along with Hey, You! ...

I have a feeling a lot of things vanished with Hey, You!, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    Adalgiso - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    11-15-2012, 02:21 AM
    Originally Posted by v4liance
    I'm sorry to hear you guys were disappointed about the lack of server vs. server PVP in this update.

It's something that our developers and engineering team looked into, but decided against this time, and it's uncertain whether we'll be adding in this function any time soon.

But please give it a try and let us know how it goes. I rely heavily on player feedback when pitching ideas and arguments to our devs, and the more information I get, the better the chance we have of making a difference.

I really hope that Nation Wars will still be a fun and exciting experience for players across all the servers, but if you decide, after running NW for a while, that server vs. server PVP is necessary, please let me know. Keep pushing this issue, and I'll do my best to fight for you guys.

This is what I said in that thread and I'm sorry to see thats exactly how things went:
    The thing is, you have to start pushing the changes now - if we plan to get them at decent time. If you start now, maybe we can actually make a difference and in month or two have server vs server, instead of capture the flag TW within the server.
    And don't devs use Mozzila Firefox? Or google chrome? Devs, gm's, players - all should be using forums. Eliminates middle man, giving feedback of our feedback to guys that are suppose to work on making this game better.

If you, or if WE don't start pushing changes now, in 3-4 weeks everyone will get used to things they are, everyone will forget of how it was suppose to be, and everyone will just roll with it.

9 months later, we got a map where you can play hide and seek for 2 hours, that is meant for server vs server, and a promise from GM that "they are definitely like.. looking into stuff." We all know how that ends.

Also this is something said by U_Sasuke, I'll quote him since I agree with it:
    Please don't take us for some idiots that will forget about this within a month or so. We, the PWI player-base, do want that S v S system. Because as an end-game player, (which is like 80% of the population in most server now days), We need something fun to do.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bumping this in attempt to keep important things toward the top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bumping this in attempt to keep important things toward the top.

There is no need to bump this.

1) It's a sticky post.
    2) They already added the ability to select a smaller map size in pwcn on July 4th. As usual though we have to wait months for a content update so we can get the fix here.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19542881&postcount=475
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    Adalgiso - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'd rather see big map stay, and have server vs server.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'd rather see big map stay, and have server vs server.

^ This but only if it can happen relatively quickly.

Otherwise... something needs to be done.
    Here we go again....
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

Does the new CM know about this? I'm really tired of damned empty lands.
  • synchroze
    synchroze Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hmmm let me see what info I can gather up. I did hear about something changing in Nation Wars in the next Content Update. Brb...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Would you happen to know when we're getting the next content update?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • evolution1234
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Could be never or next week. I hope it is before 2014
  • Alexlne - Dreamweaver
    Alexlne - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    Hmmm let me see what info I can gather up. I did hear about something changing in Nation Wars in the next Content Update. Brb...

It would be awesome if this is true and the next content update is released for the anniversary.

I'm not holding my breath but still hopeful the map will be reverted back within the next month. As things are I'm half put off doing NW and do not feel like I've missed much when not taking part for reasons already stated in this thread.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Brb...

brb 4 days
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Can you give us an update?
  • brontolith
    brontolith Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If the map reduction is to help with server issues and to accommodate the smaller player base I'm fine with that. But if it's your solution to the atrocity that is the current game play, then I'm disgusted. The problem I have with NW right now is the afkers/hoppers. Now, first let me clarify that when I say hoppers I mean people who join or start a battle then leave for another, continuing that the whole time on dual clients. A couple months ago when I started playing NW I really enjoyed it. I'm not one for pvping and losing my gear, but I enjoy safe pvp. It's also the only decent way for me to make money in game because I'm not a casher or someone who can farm TT/FC/WS. The way I play is if the battle is a clear win, I leave and move on, no point in staying. If i'm against people who one shot me, I leave and let them continue their warpath and retake the lands they leave in their wake. Anything in between I fight to the end. What I propose to fix how easy it is to abuse points is to change how you earn them. It's really stupid that you get no reward for taking crystals. It's an objective, you win by taking the objective and should be rewarded for that. Yet if I enter a crystal battle and want points, my best bet is to run at people who will murder me and invoke then die. That pretty much guarantees I'm going to get a lot of points win or lose. I also think the time spent in the battle should reflect on the points you earn. It's really inane that a defender can show up at the end in a 1 vs 3+ and earn the most just because they were the only defender. That just encourages battle hopping.
  • celeste081
    celeste081 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Oh great now we move from the huge map back to the really small one we had before. Overcrowded full of cashers everywhere. Great idea if you want to make Nation Wars r9 exclusive. otherwise just mad.

Guess something in between would have been too much effort?
  • Antaeus - Dreamweaver
    Antaeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thank you pw for forcing me from a NW player to a NW farmer/hopper. :(

let me inform you pw why people were complaining about the map being to big.

1. people could avoid fights with the r9 players.
    2. people were not getting 500+ tokens anymore.
    3. people couldn't profit from NW anymore.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thank you PWI for bringing the old map size back, and keeping the larger scale of the battles =)

Now there was:

-No empty battles chewing off time for no scores
    -No waiting time to get out to battle, as the battle sizes usually still dont fill up entirely
    -Alot of variation in opponents, with the entire range of skill n gear present
    -Relatively even scores :D
    -ALOT of fun with hectic battles n higher amounts of teamwork to pull thru

Best. NW. In. Ages!
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    My tokens went up about ~70 so I'm not complaining
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver
    BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thank you pw for forcing me from a NW player to a NW farmer/hopper. :(

let me inform you pw why people were complaining about the map being to big.

1. people could avoid fights with the r9 players.
    2. people were not getting 500+ tokens anymore.(r9r+ players mostly complained about this)
    3. people couldn't profit from NW anymore.(Same as above)

This ^

larger size benefited the casual player looking for a fun event with okay rewards.

Smaller benefits the credit card commandos looking to waggle their tiny e-peens around squashing peoples enjoyment and controlling the lions share of tokens/items in market.

With that said, we can see the larger map was a mistake to begin with since you, as a company, always cater to the second type of player.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Couldn't make NW tonight, but I can't wait for Sunday. Having the old map back is gonna SO awesome. No more boring battles!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    good job. you messed up nation wars with this stupid little map. in less then 20 minutes land locked. I rather have the bigger map then this stupid little map.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.