My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• pokemonmaster9
    pokemonmaster9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I LIKE MY LITTLE PONY FIM I LOVE RAINBOW DASH AND APPLEJACK I AM A BRONY I LIKE MUFFGINS LIKE DERPY DONT TELL PEOPLE ahhhhhhhhhhhh ..........well then f:kiss thats what i dream about ....-wut- XD sorry...... bye! f:bike
    pm
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This hiatus has been most unkind.
    I LIKE MY LITTLE PONY FIM I LOVE RAINBOW DASH AND APPLEJACK I AM A BRONY I LIKE MUFFGINS LIKE DERPY DONT TELL PEOPLE ahhhhhhhhhhhh ..........well then f:kiss thats what i dream about .... -wut-...... bye! f:bike

Here's your badge, soldier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    -wut- f:bike

I think you need help.. SO MUCH NOPE

scared_dash_zps4c96e725.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Its awfully quiet...could it be that...The Ride ended?
    large.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    *looks up*

*equips hazmat suit to clean*

*exits once job is complete*
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It was already quite clean, but your effort is appreciated.

large.jpg
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    H0w in the w0rld did I n0t n0tice a sticky was made f0r a bunch 0f br0ny's t0 c0me str0ke their epeens in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    H0w in the w0rld did I n0t n0tice a sticky was made f0r a bunch 0f br0ny's t0 c0me str0ke their epeens in.
    medium.png
    edited September 2013
    Options
    medium.png

I figured y0u were the 0nly 0ne really running this thread. 0h and thank y0u Esnemyl f0r the welc0me just saw it a few pages back l0l.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I figured y0u were the 0nly 0ne really running this thread. 0h and thank y0u Esnemyl f0r the welc0me just saw it a few pages back l0l.

Hmmm...
    I wouldnt call say I'm "running" it, but I do bump it every now and then.

...Someone has to.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Bahahah are they seri0us? Thats what the new MLP series has bec0me? Guess the br0nys will have much m0re t0 fap ab0ut in the future. 0h and 0f c0urse, the 0nes that say, 'I watch it f0r the cl0p, ermmm I mean pl0t'.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Bahahah are they seri0us? Thats what the new MLP series has bec0me? Guess the br0nys will have much m0re t0 fap ab0ut in the future. 0h and 0f c0urse, the 0nes that say, 'I watch it f0r the cl0p, ermmm I mean pl0t'.

medium.png

Easy there, m8, you don't need to b8 this hard if you want to talk b:cute

>Implying the series has changed

Hardly, outside of Twilicorn/EQG (the latter having no effect on the upcoming season).
    Even if the show does deteriorate, at least the Comic Series is still good.

>Having much more to fap to in the future

That side's existed for pretty much every fandom. I'm sure there's a lot of new "fap material" being made for the Pokemon series with X/Y's reveals.

>"I watch it f0r the cl0p, ermmm I mean pl0t"
    Good to know you're so open about it, Rainbr0 b:laugh
    edited September 2013
    Options
    medium.png

Easy there, m8, you don't need to b8 this hard if you want to talk b:cute

>Implying the series has changed

Hardly, outside of Twilicorn/EQG (the latter having no effect on the upcoming season).
    Even if the show does deteriorate, at least the Comic Series is still good.

>Having much more to fap to in the future

That side's existed for pretty much every fandom. I'm sure there's a lot of new "fap material" being made for the Pokemon series with X/Y's reveals.

>"I watch it f0r the cl0p, ermmm I mean pl0t"
    Good to know you're so open about it, Rainbr0 b:laugh

Just face it, the fand0m is dying 0ff,s0me pe0ple are gr0wing up and realizing all this cl0pping has g0tten really 0ld.Guess even the devel0pers 0f the sh0w getting sick 0f br0nys and deciding t0 change things up.N0t sure ab0ut the end 0f y0ur p0st, but then again n0t very surprised seeing as h0w m0st br0ny's try t0 change everything ar0und t0 fit their imaginative needs.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Just face it, the fand0m is dying 0ff,s0me pe0ple are gr0wing up and realizing all this cl0pping has g0tten really 0ld.Guess even the devel0pers 0f the sh0w getting sick 0f br0nys and deciding t0 change things up.N0t sure ab0ut the end 0f y0ur p0st, but then again n0t very surprised seeing as h0w m0st br0ny's try t0 change everything ar0und t0 fit their imaginative needs.

>Fandom is dying
    How do you figure this? I'm more willing to believe that things have just quieted down due to this hiatus between seasons being the longest since the show's start-up (and possibly recovering afterthe ****storms and drama the two things I mentioned earlier and the smaller stuff caused).

There's really only so much new fan-content you can create between seasons, especially when the last was only 13 episodes...

Still, I cant deny that a number of the bigger "contributors" to the fandom have moved on for various reasons, but I wouldn't say its dying.

>Devs are sick of us and are trying to change things up

Many say that EQG happened because Hasbr0 saw the popularity of the humanization of the FiM ponies and figured there was a market for it - especially if it would be a means of competing with the likes of Monster High.

While I'd like to assume something similar applied for Twilicorn, I believe McCarthy rolled with it not only because Hasbr0 wanted to sell "winged Twily-toys" but because there could be some additional character development for her due to her ascension.
    ...While it was executed horribly (imo) , only time will tell where this rabbit-hole goes.

tl;dr Change doesnt mean they're trying to kill off their fans
    Would you like a snack, Rainbr0?
    edited September 2013
    Options
    >Fandom is dying
    How do you figure this? I'm more willing to believe that things have just quieted down due to this hiatus between seasons being the longest since the show's start-up (and possibly recovering afterthe ****storms and drama the two things I mentioned earlier and the smaller stuff caused).

There's really only so much new fan-content you can create between seasons, especially when the last was only 13 episodes...

Still, I cant deny that a number of the bigger "contributors" to the fandom have moved on for various reasons, but I wouldn't say its dying.

>Devs are sick of us and are trying to change things up

Many say that EQG happened because Hasbr0 saw the popularity of the humanization of the FiM ponies and figured there was a market for it - especially if it would be a means of competing with the likes of Monster High.

While I'd like to assume something similar applied for Twilicorn, I believe McCarthy rolled with it not only because Hasbr0 wanted to sell "winged Twily-toys" but because there could be some additional character development for her due to her ascension.
    ...While it was executed horribly (imo) , only time will tell where this rabbit-hole goes.

tl;dr Change doesnt mean they're trying to kill off their fans
    Would you like a snack, Rainbr0?
    H0nestly the c0re br0nys were m0stly a bunch 0f pe0ple that th0ught the w0rld was against them because they were 'different'. The 0nly reas0n the fand0m expl0ded was due t0 the mass 0f pe0ple ad0ring the p0ny internet meme's,images and p0rn that came 0ut 0f it. 0bvi0usly like any meme it gets 0ld,amd m0st 0f th0se pe0ple wh0 buffed up the br0ny numbers just died 0ff. And with that the fand0m is dying faster. I mean l00k at this f0rum even, there was a p0int it was like a p0ny invasion(0h I hated th0se days greatly), and n0w it's practically just a few pe0ple wh0 actually care anym0re t0 c0ntinue with it.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    H0nestly the c0re br0nys were m0stly a bunch 0f pe0ple that th0ught the w0rld was against them because they were 'different'. The 0nly reas0n the fand0m expl0ded was due t0 the mass 0f pe0ple ad0ring the p0ny internet meme's,images and p0rn that came 0ut 0f it. 0bvi0usly like any meme it gets 0ld,amd m0st 0f those pe0ple wh0 buffed up the br0ny numbers just died 0ff. And with that the fand0m is dying faster. I mean l00k at this f0rum even, there was a p0int it was like a p0ny invasion(0h I hated th0se days greatly), and n0w it's practically just a few pe0ple wh0 actually care anym0re t0 c0ntinue with it.

368644__safe_solo_meme_no_john+de+lancie_brony+documentary.jpg

>The core bronys were mostly a bunch of people that thought the world was against them because they were 'different'.

No, they were not. Also, the "world" turned against them because a lot of other fandoms didn't like having ponies brought into their stuff/having things get ponified. Of course, there were others who were more tolerable of it, but that's usually the reason why Bronies draw so much ire aside from 'tards who go "Hurr durr, you like a cartoon show for little gurrls". To make it worse there were plenty of ponytards who get into heated arguments with anti-pony-tards and escalate things further...

>The only reas0n the fand0m expl0ded was due to the mass of people adoring the p0ny internet meme's,images and **** that came out of it.

That's how it spread, specifically around /co/ (before it was "contained" in /mlp/, though it spewed into the net and resulted in ponychan and the like by the time the containment occurred), not how it started. Like any other fandom of a show, it started when people took interest in the show itself for one reason or another. Even if it did go viral, how is it that it still retained so many? As you said, memetic things do "die" after a time, but this has evolved beyond just being a meme.

> 0bvi0usly like any meme it gets 0ld,amd m0st 0f those pe0ple wh0 buffed up the br0ny numbers just died 0ff.

>Meme
    >Not Sub-Culture

Also, you typed an "o" in the sentence above :3

> I mean l00k at this f0rum even, there was a p0int it was like a p0ny invasion(0h I hated th0se days greatly), and n0w it's practically just a few pe0ple wh0 actually care anym0re t0 c0ntinue with it.

One could chalk that up to "band-wagoning". Since you remember those days, you can easily determine who "stuck" with it, and who just played along for awhile before dropping it, yes? You can even see it here in this thread - some would come by and maybe post once or twice, but never actually stick around to discuss anything...

The Band-wagoning also applies to that so-called "core" you spoke of (though thats definitely not the core of them...more like a vocal minority) - of course things would quiet down when the idiots who ran with it because ">le epik pone may may eks dee" died down.

Secondly, the entire PWI forum is in a state of decay. Many nowadays only come here to complain about problems in-game or ask questions, but few stay to become regulars here. Heck, a lot of those who are regulars either stick to certain topics or subsections, or just lurk most of the time.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    368644__safe_solo_meme_no_john+de+lancie_brony+documentary.jpg

>The core bronys were mostly a bunch of people that thought the world was against them because they were 'different'.

No, they were not. Also, the "world" turned against them because a lot of other fandoms didn't like having ponies brought into their stuff/having things get ponified. Of course, there were others who were more tolerable of it, but that's usually the reason why Bronies draw so much ire aside from 'tards who go "Hurr durr, you like a cartoon show for little gurrls". To make it worse there were plenty of ponytards who get into heated arguments with anti-pony-tards and escalate things further...

>The only reas0n the fand0m expl0ded was due to the mass of people adoring the p0ny internet meme's,images and **** that came out of it.

That's how it spread, specifically around /co/ (before it was "contained" in /mlp/, though it spewed into the net and resulted in ponychan and the like by the time the containment occurred), not how it started. Like any other fandom of a show, it started when people took interest in the show itself for one reason or another. Even if it did go viral, how is it that it still retained so many? As you said, memetic things do "die" after a time, but this has evolved beyond just being a meme.

> 0bvi0usly like any meme it gets 0ld,amd m0st 0f those pe0ple wh0 buffed up the br0ny numbers just died 0ff.

>Meme
    >Not Sub-Culture

Also, you typed an "o" in the sentence above :3

> I mean l00k at this f0rum even, there was a p0int it was like a p0ny invasion(0h I hated th0se days greatly), and n0w it's practically just a few pe0ple wh0 actually care anym0re t0 c0ntinue with it.

One could chalk that up to "band-wagoning". Since you remember those days, you can easily determine who "stuck" with it, and who just played along for awhile before dropping it, yes? You can even see it here in this thread - some would come by and maybe post once or twice, but never actually stick around to discuss anything...

The Band-wagoning also applies to that so-called "core" you spoke of (though thats definitely not the core of them...more like a vocal minority) - of course things would quiet down when the idiots who ran with it because ">le epik pone may may eks dee" died down.

Secondly, the entire PWI forum is in a state of decay. Many nowadays only come here to complain about problems in-game or ask questions, but few stay to become regulars here. Heck, a lot of those who are regulars either stick to certain topics or subsections, or just lurk most of the time.

Did I n0w? 0h well. But n0 what I am saying is regardless 0f the fact pe0ple still remain, reality is the fand0m clearly is dying and even s0me 0f it's c0re members are l0sing interest. Times are changing and the p0ny fand0m is eventually g0ing t0 fade away as simply 'an0ther fand0m' y0u keep watching.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Did I n0w? 0h well. But n0 what I am saying is regardless 0f the fact pe0ple still remain, reality is the fand0m clearly is dying and even s0me 0f it's c0re members are l0sing interest. Times are changing and the p0ny fand0m is eventually g0ing t0 fade away as simply 'an0ther fand0m' y0u keep watching.

True, everything comes and goes. Lots of media gain popularity before fading into obscurity, but while its on a decline (as the charts show), I wouldn't say its dying yet. At least, I wont agree with that until I see the effect S4 has on the fanbase at large (it could breathe new life into it, or have a severe negative impact...). I guess for now, we'll simply have to agree to disagree on the state of things.

Though, I think that when the show does end, and the fandom fades into obscurity while the "next big thing" enjoys the spotlight, I probably still wont be able to get off of this "ride".

b:cry
    medium.png
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Stop arguing with lame trolls o,o

On topic: Has anyone seen this? :o Really excited for it, this is lookin good O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited September 2013
    Options

On topic: Has anyone seen this? :o Really excited for it, this is lookin good O_O

Wh0 is arguing exactly?
  • Caligastia - Lost City
    Caligastia - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    On the server lost city, PWI GMs let bot players farming herbs, they selling it to catshop and overload the market, thats scam becuz u buyin infinite herbs... TY for your illegal activities PWI !!!
    edited September 2013
    Options

>Arguing
    mlfw8633-1353973767410.jpg

I see nothing wrong with some discussion (even if we just disagree with each other) if it gets things moving here for once.
    ... ...
    Anyway, that upcoming series does look promising. It could do Sombra (and possibly Cadence) a lot of justice that the official works didn't.

I do still hope he has a chance to return in the comics though - at least if they handle him like they did with Chrysalis' return, he'd actually be a lot more threatening.

On the server lost city, PWI GMs let bot players farming herbs, they selling it to catshop and overload the market, thats scam becuz u buyin infinite herbs... TY for your illegal activities PWI !!!
    Take your tears to >>/gd/
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Speaking of upcomming series...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z11ia8cXr24
    [shameless trips-post]
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I had a different image in mind, but since that would be taken down instantly by the mods:
    Celebration.png

Happy Birthday FiM. 'Twas but 3 Years ago The Ride started and so much has happened since. Many hopes were realized, fears made real, and so many wonderful Bronies and nor/mlp/eople have come and gone. With S4 on the horizon, I can only hope that this mad roller coaster keeps on going. Remember: The Ride Never Ends!
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Additional info about the 4th season's premier in about a month from now:

http://press.discovery.com/media/ugc/press/My_Little_Pony_Premiere_Announcement_Release_10-23-13_FINAL.pdf

TL;DR:

The fourth season begins with a revealing two-part premiere in which the newly
    crowned Princess Twilight must balance her new royal duties and her friendship with
    the other ponies. Amid preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in Canterlot,
    Princesses Celestria and Luna go missing and the Everfree Forest is taking over
    Equestria. These unexpected turn of events sends Princess Twilight and her pony
    friends on a quest to discover a mysterious foe who threatens to destroy everything. It is
    all up to Princess Twilight and her friends to help save Equestria from being destroyed.
    As part of the journey, PrincessTwilight is given the chance to discover the secret
    behind the Elements of Harmony
    >Princess Twilight
    >Princess Twilight
    >Princess Twilight
    >Princess Twilight
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wow season 4 is already here o.o

I haven't been keeping track of the date xD Just been so busy. Good to know!
    edited October 2013
    Options
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Not gonna spoil myself D: I hope I don't have to go into internet seclusion.
    I only have to wait this long:
    countdown.php
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They haven't been releasing much of anything in terms of revealing S4 info outside of the earlier animations and the episode listing for some of the 26 we've been promised.

There's lots of theorycrafting going on atm though...

medium.gif
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options