New Gift Demanding System is annoying.

Options
XxStormy - Harshlands
XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
So, my mail box is now completely full from people on my friends list and faction sending me demands for items. I am constantly having to delete mail. This, along with being spammed because I am someone's love match, or a noobs potential friend, is becoming extremely annoying. b:angry

Is there a way to decline these mails? Or to take my name off the list of people begging me?

New update is cool, but there is some extremely annoying aspects.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by XxStormy - Harshlands on

Comments

• Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So, my mail box is now completely full from people on my friends list and faction sending me demands for items. I am constantly having to delete mail. This, along with being spammed because I am someone's love match, or a noobs potential friend, is becoming extremely annoying. b:angry

Is there a way to decline these mails? Or to take my name off the list of people begging me?

New update is cool, but there is some extremely annoying aspects.

I agree. I used the find thing for the laughs. I regret using it. It is so annoying, I want to turn it off. The begging thing as well, some people can't take a joke when you send one. They flame about it in faction chat and then two minutes later they are spamming everyone with it.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have to agree with this.

This feature can be easily be used to spam/annoy/harass other people b:angry

This makes me almost want to completely purge my friend list and leaving faction because of the insane demanding mails I got in one day (although they seems to be joking about it), it became more of a nuisances b:angry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I agree. I used the find thing for the laughs. I regret using it. It is so annoying, I want to turn it off. The begging thing as well, some people can't take a joke when you send one. They flame about it in faction chat and then two minutes later they are spamming everyone with it.

Go to your match settings uncheck all "find mentor", "find friend", "find lover" uncheck it all and you wont be listed on matchings.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mermi - Morai
    Mermi - Morai Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is what my matching system says..so am gusing if u uncheck all 3 you won't be matched anymore f:meh
    http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9428/49qs.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Go to your match settings uncheck all "find mentor", "find friend", "find lover" uncheck it all and you wont be listed on matchings.

Its not the matching system problem, got to Boutique and you will see "send" and "want" button, and you can send those to your friend list or faction member.

Its like an advance version of begging gold items from boutique b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I thought it was hilarious sending people nonsense through the "want" option, but yeah.. clearly this is in need of fine tuning to prevent abuse.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Lol, sucks to be a big cs'er/known person I guess.

Honestly I didn't see it as much of an issue though, seeing I'd just kick an annoying person like that off my FL. And if it happened in faction, I probably wouldn't be the only one getting it, causing a reaction of the officers xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ewwww really? People from your friend list spamming? Let's say first time is ok, I'd tell them the joke ain't funny, but second time off the FL they go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah, honestly, sounds like a friends/associates problem not a feature problem.

I like this new feature because you no longer need to meet in person and trade so things are faster. A couple of my friends tried it once for the lolz and after that they stopped. I didn't have any spam issues.

The same applies with the perfect match feature. I tried it out and check unchecked everything so I'm no longer listed thus no spamming.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I sent a few of my facmates some toothbrushes for the lols, one of them sent me some SOS fireworks back. Nobody constantly spammed each other though. If you're getting spammed by an overzealous friend who thinks it is sooo funny, tell them to stop. If they won't leave you alone and harass you with it, then I'd delete them permanently. I think the fun of this will go down once it stops being new though.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There should be more like a general "wish list" rather then "want D: gimme" for a specific person on fl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I've had no problems only problem is that's sin is called Pantys and from time to time I get spammed but I ignore it and it goes away.

I find it difficult on my 101 veno since a lot of lowbies need help when I'm not able to do anything due to being busy already.

As for the want and gimmes haven't had any problems with it haha
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)