Reviving The Game

Comments

• greykraken
    greykraken Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I believe restricting frost now is an idiots idea. Lets keep the remotely few newcomers to the game locked under lvl 100 for months. Now there's an idea!!! Who wants to be forced to quest alone, beg for days to find a bh squad and watch all the high levels have fun, while they slog toward 100. (for a casual gamer, most will play less than 12 hours a week) nw and tw are where the game is. If new people choose to quest their way to 100 fine, but to play god with their gaming experience is wrong. I would rather have a frost baby than no baby. And on a side note, the majority of the frost runners you see are alts, and in most cases alts that don't know their class.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't really see the joy of rushing to endgame.
    If you do, and you don't CS, you end up undergeared, poor, and/or bored.
    Unless you like to quest n such.
    Most people tend not to.
    Every day I see so many end game people saying how bored they are. I'm not one of them, I'm never bored.

I'd restrict FCC to 75, but let them keep hypers active. It doesn't really matter much, and if they want to hyper while killing other things then it's a little bonus that doesn't hurt.

What people fail to realize is that if people don't rush to endgame, there will be more people around to quest with, do dungeons with, etc etc for the things at the levels at which people say there is no one there to help with, because of course there isn't anyone there -now-! There would be less people begging endlessly for squad members, or begging for high level help because they -can't- form a squad of at-level chars.
    It really won't impede speedy progression anyway to 75+, because PW literally stuffs XP down your throat.

That does of course assume that there are new players.

As a person who has leveled various characters through a variety of miens, recently even, I can say that 75+ can be reached without fcc very easily. If you're an older school player, and are a nay-sayer, and have -not- leveled a char from 1-75 recently, you should try it before you worry that without fcc it'll take forever to get there, because it won't.
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I vote for adding Gonnies back.

And the poll for the vote is ****.

Where is the spot for us to vote to not change anything?

b:laughb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I vote for adding Gonnies back.

And the poll for the vote is ****.

Where is the spot for us to vote to not change anything?

b:laughb:victoryb:victoryb:victory

I agree, there should be an option to vote against a change to FCC again in order to get a real sense of how much it is desired.

And if FCC is restriced from hypers, I could see players playing their main more and we'd see less alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys should really read all of the OP's post. I don't think this thread is meant to have that option available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Maliva - Lost City
    Maliva - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have been reading this thread with interest, i havent voted though, although i agree with many of the points made, one of the issues that has led to the abuse of FCC has to be the goon glitching and subsequently its problems - which have in turn led to part of the FCC issue i think.

Being a player on Lost City, i can see that many here would be against any cap because obviously questing at a lower lvl just means constant pking, I was questing with a friend on my lvl70 mystic yesterday doing our lvl69 cultivation chain and we were both constantly pk'd at the culti mob we needed by a lvl 105 player who had no intention of allowing us to continue, their advice was 'goto FCC and lvl up fast, forget lower quests....'

Its intensely frustrating and my friend whom i quest with has headed off to frost, leaving me little option myself, even though i enjoy the quest lines, its what made the game enjoyable for me.

Tbh quite frankly there's about as much chance of any action regarding hypers and FCC as there is of PWE adding the pve (blue name) option to Lost City and Harshlands to enable those of us who like to quest to do so. I will continue to watch this thread with interest though
    101 Sage Veno - Retired
    103 Sage Sin - Retired
    88 Archer (Culti undecided)
    71 Mystic (Culti Undecided)

Too many toons Deleted b:surrender
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys should really read all of the OP's post. I don't think this thread is meant to have that option available.

Then it is a unfair vote.

So no vote from me and leave it as is.

Thank you..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So just because a couple of people votes in a forum thread to "restrict" hypers in FC in a certain level doesnt mean that the majority wants that.
    Reality is that the majority like the way about leveling fast, lol even i like it because if i'd make a alt there is no way that i would spend that much time leveling it all the way up to 100.

Beside the game starts after u reach level 100 so whats the point in making it harder for ppl to reach level 100? so they can work harder? give me a break why would someone waste 3-4 months to reach level 100? It wont change and will never change so grow up and deal with it.
  • C_I_A - Dreamweaver
    C_I_A - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not gonna get many new players now with the way they done low level drops! There are ways to make money at low level but not many willing to invest the time!
  • C_I_A - Dreamweaver
    C_I_A - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So just because a couple of people votes in a forum thread to "restrict" hypers in FC in a certain level doesnt mean that the majority wants that.
    Reality is that the majority like the way about leveling fast, lol even i like it because if i'd make a alt there is no way that i would spend that much time leveling it all the way up to 100.

Beside the game starts after u reach level 100 so whats the point in making it harder for ppl to reach level 100? so they can work harder? give me a break why would someone waste 3-4 months to reach level 100? It wont change and will never change so grow up and deal with it.

Ermmm 3-4 month? I'm here over 3 years and haven't got a toon to 100 because i prefer to do it the right way as do many others! what's the fun in leveling a toon too 100 in a short time and jump right into were u need to spend **** load of money to get good enough gear to play the game at that point? Don't tell me you don't have to spend a lot of money to get the good gear..pwi isn't gonna just give it to us!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    whats the point in making it harder for ppl to reach level 100? so they can work harder? give me a break why would someone waste 3-4 months to reach level 100? It wont change and will never change so grow up and deal with it.

It's stupidly easy to level up without FCC nowadays.

Most people arguing against the FCC restriction are people who haven't even tried making an alt and using it outside FCC, they haven't tried out the new quests and goodies you get from quests, dreamchaser pack, JJ orders and the like.

If you're going to argue against the FCC restriction at least bring valid reasons. You can't stand up for something if your claims aren't even true.

This isn't directed to the person I quoted but I'm quoting them as an example.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's stupidly easy to level up without FCC nowadays.

It always was and still is. Most of my toons have a lvl between 80 and 102 and didn't use FCC to level easy and fast. But that is simply because I'm not in a hurry to reach 100+; most people are. Personally I like to read the different stories from all quests which made me some sort of PWI-addict.

But each person have a choice to use FCC or not do FCC until he/she reach the level in which FCC quests are available.
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Althought ur idea is logical and this game really needs to go back to its root, at this time, it would be practically impossible to do so:

1) Gamers are already used to fcc's and hyper stones

2) Hyper stones mean earnings to the company.

3) Gamers who are in the process of IvIing up via fcc's would complain about not gettin the same chance, others before them did get with fcc.

4) If the company thinks fcc was bad for the game, it would have done somethin to fix the problem already.

5) Players can easily get IvI 70 without using fcc's, the problem of slow IvIing starts later and there is where gamers use fcc's mainly.

6) If fcc's were restricted of taken away from the game, then, gamers will go back to their
    old complain of slow IvIing. I dont think pwi would try to fix this matter in another way.

In Short: The game has been lost, but not totally. Even if it doesn't function 100% as a mmorpg,it is still playable among some members of the community.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013

3) Gamers who are in the process of IvIing up via fcc's would complain about not gettin the same chance, others before them did get with fcc.
    People still complain about goons and a lot of other things so it won't be anything new, frankly.
    4) If the company thinks fcc was bad for the game, it would have done somethin to fix the problem already.
    Look at all those bugs/glitches that were never fixed though...look how long it took us to get a "goon fix". They try to fix things but when you look back and realise how many bugs have been around the game for years, never been addressed, you're going to doubt about what the company thinks is good or bad for the game.

In any case, the declining number of new players is not a sign of a healthy game.

5) Players can easily get IvI 70 without using fcc's, the problem of slow IvIing starts later and there is where gamers use fcc's mainly.
    That's the very point though. Restricting FCC to 75+ when leveling precisely slows down. There's no point in having it from lvl1 however. Leveling outside FCC is really fast too but the difference is that people will be outside so new players will interact with others.

When FCC was turned into an EXP instance, people run it in squads at lvl 80+ and sometimes lvl75+ and it was actually a great way to learn squad dynamics and teamwork.

6) If fcc's were restricted or taken away from the game, then, gamers will go back to their
    old complain of slow IvIing. I dont think pwi would try to fix this matter in another way.
    Nobody here wants FCC or Hypers completed deleted off the game and like mentioned multiple times by many people, prior lvl70/75 leveling is so easy.

As long as FCC is available from lvl1, people will use it.

New players will come in the game, see an empty map and leave. PWE/PWI can't even keep old players around, there's plenty of people that quit. If they can't be bothered to attract new players either then yeah..there's no hope for the game lol.

Now, I know merely changing FCC won't suddenly bring people back. We'd need actual support from the company and advertising but I would personally think it would be a step in the right direction.

I do respect those who oppose the idea but I can't help but laugh when they try to bring arguments of "it takes forever to level up outside FCC!" because it's not true.

I actually stopped playing my alts because I have no people to play with at level so Ic an imagine how bad it is for new players b:surrender
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just to add to this, there's a reason why some of the first true MMORPG's like Meridian59, EverQuest, and UO are still around. Hell, some of the older titles still even get new content and updates. They've been around longer than PWI. And I guaruantee that some of them even have better PvP. (If you want to see real PvP, try M59 or UO, they created what PvP really was. what we have here is for sissies compared to that. There, death has consequences, real consequences.)

PWI has had the capability to be placed in that very same genre for years, most of the new content has made it even more so. Unfortunately, the decline of new players and the decline of staying players will prevent it from reaching any long-term life. New content to keep up with newer games isn't the answer. Even more high-level content isn't the answer. And hell, there's more than enough new low-level content that's already been added. No one is around to see it though.

The thing that amazed me the most with this MMO was the customization, the attention to detail that was put into the surroundings, the immense open world, and the storyline. It wasn't just go here and kill x number of y mobs. There's a story within the quest lines.

FCC and Hypers tend to kill the story. Then it's just an instance game. If that's what you want, feel free to go play something that's just instances.

Run! Escape! has also gotten new content regularly, been brought up to look the level of other games in mechanics and has steadily gone down hill since 2007. That's right! A game where one used to see over 250,000 players online at one time now is lucky to gather 25k. They did what their players wanted them to do - some of them anyway. All the rest left and nothing has replaced them. Sound familiar? f:confused

The difference between that game and this one? That game only costs like $8 a month to play with full privileges where this game will cost one thousands for the same full privileges.

It would have been a great idea to nerf FC and/or hypers 3 or more years ago - maybe it would have taken peoples minds off of the gear disparity. b:chuckle

Funny, no one can reply negatively to THIS lop-sided poll. b:laugh

If they do it for you based on this poll, that makes this game just another
    Run! Escape!

A game where the Resumes/CVs of a few override the needs of the playerbase. b:shocked
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    I have been reading this thread with interest, i havent voted though, although i agree with many of the points made, one of the issues that has led to the abuse of FCC has to be the goon glitching and subsequently its problems - which have in turn led to part of the FCC issue i think.

Being a player on Lost City, i can see that many here would be against any cap because obviously questing at a lower lvl just means constant pking, I was questing with a friend on my lvl70 mystic yesterday doing our lvl69 cultivation chain and we were both constantly pk'd at the culti mob we needed by a lvl 105 player who had no intention of allowing us to continue, their advice was 'goto FCC and lvl up fast, forget lower quests....'

Its intensely frustrating and my friend whom i quest with has headed off to frost, leaving me little option myself, even though i enjoy the quest lines, its what made the game enjoyable for me.

Tbh quite frankly there's about as much chance of any action regarding hypers and FCC as there is of PWE adding the pve (blue name) option to Lost City and Harshlands to enable those of us who like to quest to do so. I will continue to watch this thread with interest though
    It is the price of playing on a PvP server. It was like that in 2008, and is the primary reason that I left Lost City.

Actually, if you bothered to read my original post and the associated threads that I linked, the majority has already stated that they would prefer a restriction, which is why the options of this poll are limited.
    Run! Escape! has also gotten new content regularly, been brought up to look the level of other games in mechanics and has steadily gone down hill since 2007. That's right! A game where one used to see over 250,000 players online at one time now is lucky to gather 25k. They did what their players wanted them to do - some of them anyway. All the rest left and nothing has replaced them. Sound familiar? f:confused

The difference between that game and this one? That game only costs like $8 a month to play with full privileges where this game will cost one thousands for the same full privileges.

It would have been a great idea to nerf FC and/or hypers 3 or more years ago - maybe it would have taken peoples minds off of the gear disparity. b:chuckle

Funny, no one can reply negatively to THIS lop-sided poll. b:laugh

If they do it for you based on this poll, that makes this game just another
    Run! Escape!

A game where the Resumes/CVs of a few override the needs of the playerbase. b:shocked
    It's not about just listening to the playerbase, it's about implementing changes properly. We've already seen the affect that no hypers in frost has. It is obvious in the other versions of this game that don't have it, and it was obvious in this version in the week that we went without frost.

You're also comparing one of the biggest mistakes in sandbox games to an MMORPG, which is kinda like apples to oranges. You might as well compare gameplay in pokemon to gameplay in Skyrim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't think the poll has much of a point with out an option to disagree, by the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • GingerSprite - Sanctuary
    GingerSprite - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't think the poll has much of a point with out an option to disagree, by the way.
    I see someone else that is unable to read.b:chuckle
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Note: In addition to this thread, I have started an official petition. If you agree with any of these ideas, I strongly encourage you to click here and sign the petition.

It has long been discussed by you, the community that a change needs to be made to revive the game and encourage new players. The majority of you voted for either level restricting FCC, or restricting Hyper EXP Stones in FCC. We were listened to a little bit, but as with most things, it gets forgotten and left behind. V4liance encouraged discussion of this, and stated that they would monitor it, but we all know how those things end up in the long run.

We have even seen the effect that a change like this can have to the game's community. It's also been re-hashed and discussed to death even more recently. Those in favor, (the aforementioned majority), are mostly in agree-ance that a measure such as this will bring an improved change to the overall community of the game and will help to expand the life of this flagship title that we love.

The general idea is to re-populate the desolated quest areas and cities in the lower levels so that new players will find a thriving community to join and hold on to. It is understood that several other things will also need to come into place, such as advertising to draw more players. Overall however, these options are a quick and easy step that can be taken in the right direction.

This is no longer a discussion for those of you that haven't realized how much of the game below 80 has changed. This is not a discussion about how butt-hurt people are going to be because it will take them a little more work to hit 100 than it does currently.
    This is a vote and a discussion on a topic that has already received the majority vote from the community. If you are planning on trolling or trying to de-rail this thread, keep your peace and go elsewhere.

you do realize that will fix nothing? People that rush to endgame will go to oracle farming. It's not poor ppl that bought FC anyway, it was people with money. Oracle farm will make tokens more expensive and in the end make everyone's life just a little bit more unpleasant. The implications also will go deeper than that, but ...
    Such a change will not revive the game, it will not fill up starter towns or mid level areas, it will just create profit for token merchants. Really, whoever things FC is the problem in this game is so strongly narrow minded it is not even worth my time to try to explain it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I feel like we're in dire need of a little FAQ. Because it seems like some people in this thread just aren't getting it.

Fact: If you favor keeping Frost powerleveling the way it is, this thread is NOT FOR YOU.
    That poll was conducted months ago, and people who liked Frost powerleveling were in the minority, by a wide margin. So "Where's the option for no change?" Nowhere, because we already had that discussion, ad nauseum, and your camp lost. Get over it.

Fact: You are not entitled to instant leveling.
    It is human nature to fight against the loss of something that benefits you. However, to do so without regard to the people around you is simply selfish. You need to cultivate a filter. You need to find a location in which you're willing to draw the line and say "okay, THIS is just plain broken and I don't think it should stick around, even if I could technically benefit from it." If that line isn't at Frost powerleveling for you, then okay - you're entitled to that opinion - but don't be surprised when over 60% of the community draws the line there (or even more conservatively).

Fact: Any argument about newbies being at a disadvantage falls flat unless you're willing to give up YOUR advantage.
    You know what a grandfather clause is, right? It's the same reason we never punished the goon glitchers in any serious manner. If PWE wanted to, they'd be well within their rights to reverse any levels gained through Frost powerleveling, or even delete characters who took part in it. That's a little extreme, of course, and so they won't do it. But don't act like you care about the newbies unless you're willing to pony up your ill-gotten levels in the spirit of leveling the playing field. Are you volunteering? Which reminds me...

Fact: Most people who oppose Frost powerleveling DID NOT use it themselves.
    I know this is hard for some of you to understand, but you need to stop judging people based on your own skillset (or lack thereof). I have four Lv100+ characters, all of whom used Frost only after 75. I'm sure I could've had at least 8 or 12 Lv100+ characters if I used powerleveling, but I don't. Some of us actually have that filter I mentioned earlier, the one where we say "hey, this is too broken, I shouldn't do it." It's not my fault you don't have that filter, but don't assume everyone has as little control as you.

Fact: Frost hypering IS killing the game.
    I've ranted on many things over the last five years on PWI, and almost never have I declared any opinion I held to be fact. This, however, is indisputable. It's an extremely simple formula. Frost hypering = deserted lowbie areas = no newbies to speak of = game dies. You cannot sustain a game on a few hardcore veteran cash shoppers. It's not going to happen.

(EDIT) Fact: Buffing quests is not a substitute for restricting Frost.
    Before even making this argument, read the thread. Lv1-80 quests have been buffed multiple times over the last year or two. They give more exp, more coins, the mob counts have been crippled, and there are even all-new questlines. And still nobody does them. And the reason nobody does them is because Frost powerleveling is still faster, much faster. The only way you'd get people back out into the questing zones this way is by making the quests faster than Frost powerleveling, and then they'd be out there for all of five minutes to blow through the quests, and the area will be deserted again. The inescapable fact here is that leveling NEEDS to be slow in order for the questing zones to remain active and attractive to new players.

If all this seems overly harsh, it's just because I'm really tired of treading on old territory. These pro-powerleveling arguments were struck down in dozens of pages of discussion. Nobody's forcing you to read that whole thing, but don't come in here and force us to reinvent the wheel every time you see the phrase "restrict Frost powerleveling" and you have an emotional knee-jerk reaction against the concept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I feel like we're in dire need of a little FAQ. Because it seems like some people in this thread just aren't getting it.

Fact: If you favor keeping Frost powerleveling the way it is, this thread is NOT FOR YOU.
    That poll was conducted months ago, and people who liked Frost powerleveling were in the minority, by a wide margin. So "Where's the option for no change?" Nowhere, because we already had that discussion, ad nauseum, and your camp lost. Get over it.

a small minority of the pwi population reads and posts on forums.

First off if you want a TRUE and ACCURATE feeling of how the population feels you need to ask more then the small population that reads forums.

b:bye

My vote is STILL: keep FCC the way it is. Change the quests to make it more beneficial to do those then power level.
    Here we go again....
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013

First off if you want a TRUE and ACCURATE feeling of how the population feels you need to ask more then the small population that reads forums.
    I'm not saying you're wrong here, but do you seriously think there's any way to do that? Most people who don't post on the forums won't bother to answer. There's even a little chunk of the population who don't have the mental facilities necessary to even understand what the issue is (yes, I know that's harsh, but it's true).

The public poll conducted by Kris had over 1800 votes on it. Even if we assume that a chunk of those were alt accounts, that's at least 1500 genuine votes. That's more than the active population of some servers, I'd wager.

But hey, don't let the numbers get in the way. I'm sure if 63% of the voters supported Frost powerleveling, we wouldn't be hearing from you about the inaccuracy of forum polls.

My vote is STILL: keep FCC the way it is. Change the quests to make it more beneficial to do those then power level.
    You need to read. Quests have been buffed multiple times in the last two years. It hasn't worked, because powerleveling is still more exp in less time. But thanks for reminding me that I need to add this one to my last post, now >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The last toon i leveled I went from 1-100 in less than a month, just doing the quests with a few bhs tossed in along the way and cube from level 90-100. (And i still had a huge list in my find quests I never got around to doing.) This was only playing a couple hours a day at most.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    I'll say it again...I honestly respect everyone's opinion on this matter but if you want to defend not restricting FCC to lvl75+ bring reasonable arguments.

It feels like most people who are commenting on this have absolutely no idea about the amount of EXP and goodies you can get from the new/updated quests and this further proves that no matter how hard they try to make quests better and offer more, people still choose FCC.

Note I said most, not all.
    edited September 2013

b:bye

Ok, just to cover this....
    It is well known that merely 10-15% of the server population comes to the forums. Of that, 3-5% only come here when they have issues or want to QQ about an update.

Even with that in mind, the previous frost thread that was open for vote was open for vote for quite a long time. It was also actively advertised within the game to insure readability and to increase the percentage of the populace that saw it and voted on it.

What does that tell you? That the other 90% of the population, either doesn't care, doesn't pay enough attention, or for some reason is unable to visit the forums and vote. For the most part, they just don't care. Half of them likely complained that they had to create an account just to play the game.

In either case, a lot of the active community is out here on the forums because we care about the game, and because we look to the forums for information.

Once again, I will say this....
    The poll regarding yes or no has passed and been voted on. The no's lost. We've moved on.
    I'll say it again...I honestly respect everyone's opinion on this matter but if you want to defend not restricting FCC to lvl75+ bring reasonable arguments.

It feels like most people who are commenting on this have absolutely no idea about the amount of EXP and goodies you can get from the new/updated quests and this further proves that no matter how hard they try to make quests better and offer more, people still choose FCC.

Note I said most, not all.
    Personally, everyone who is against this, should go out, start a new toon, and not twink at all. Play as if you are a brand new player to the game with no money or gear of friends buffing ect.

Once you see most of the changes, how much exp you get now, the coin and the new/redesigned quests, it's most likely that you'll agree with the current majority opinion.

If you don't, that's still your opinion. Just be aware, your ship sailed a long time ago. We're tired of a dying game, and we're going to work to revive it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why are there only 3 options involving FCC bull**** ?

Where are all the options that dont involve FC

Please stop bothering so much about what other players do in their game. Same in reall life. People bothering so much what other people do is the bane of humanity.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited September 2013

Please stop bothering so much about what other players do in their game. Same in reall life. People bothering so much what other people do is the bane of humanity.

Dude, read my first post.

Just to reiterate it once more...

You guys already had your vote. That's over with. You lost.

That discussion was had. It's done. It's over. We've moved on. Wait, that's just like real life. b:shocked

You missed it because you weren't around, or you didn't read the forums then.....
    Not my fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013

Actually, the bane of humanity would be ignorance. :P As anyone who whines about the poll options without reading this thread proves quite effectively.

When you talk about "people bothering what other people do..." well there's a word for that, too. It's called "society." Inconvenient, isn't it? But I think most of humanity agrees that it's generally a good thing. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
    edited September 2013
    Actually, the bane of humanity would be ignorance. :P As anyone who whines about the poll options without reading this thread proves quite effectively.

When you talk about "people bothering what other people do..." well there's a word for that, too. It's called "society." Inconvenient, isn't it? But I think most of humanity agrees that it's generally a good thing. :P
    As near as I can tell, the majority of the naysayers are likely the ones comfortably making a profit on selling the instance. They like their income and are just too lazy/immature/closeminded to consider other options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm finally going to say my piece after lurking around these threads for awhile...

Several months back I made a BM, and I wanted to play her as if I was totally new to the game. I had no Dreamchaser Pack., but I did have the free attendance armor, as well as the chest. I wanted to play as a basic newbie to see what all this new content was about.

I basically played her just like I played PWI for the first time in 2008; I was looking around at every npc and going, "ohh shiny shield over someone's head, they must have something for me/to do!" So I went to all these npcs that had either quests, free charms, or just plain free exp. I've gotten so many Fantasy Fruits, that I leveled up at least five times just by clicking the fruit! Oh also, if you actually did just a couple of quests, there is the Perfect Questmaster, that also gives you items that have a ridiculous amount of exp for a low level person. I leveled myself from 1-20 in less than an hour, just by going around and getting all the free stuff. I also leveled myself from 20-30 in about an hour, again, by getting free exp handed to me, and also by doing the buffed quests, and doing a seasonal quest.

I've also done all the new chain quests, which not only have interesting story lines, but give good exp, spirit, and coin. The chain quests, in my opinion, are really good for getting players out into the field and going back and forth doing different things, while talking about the experience in squad.

For the most part, I was impressed about the effort the developers made to the quests, especially getting a lot of coin (as compensation for the DQ nerf). In the 70s, my alt would make at least 1 mil in coin rewards alone in about an hour. Not to mention Jolly Jones just giving you money on the spot once a day. Who wouldn't want easy money just by doing a 10 minute quest? That's easy money for your skills and gear!

I ask anyone who is against the proposed ideas of reviving the game this: When was the last time you actually did some of the old quests that now only require 20 mobs to kill? Do you know how much buffed compensation you get now? Have you ever done any of the new chain quests?

I think the developers need to continue on with this quest-buffing, and make new chain quests that give good rewards 80-onward. I would love to see interesting quests in Heaven and Hell. Imagine this, if you had to kill 100 mobs in Hell, but you could do it with others, and you get at least 500k exp, 100k coin, and a small pack that contains a small chance of getting, let's say, an Excitement Card, I think that would bring a lot of players to the field and out of the instances. I think if there were buffed quests 80-onward, that could, theoretically, even eliminate the need to hyper in frost period.

If we had more of these types of quests in *all* game levels, that would create a more vibrant field. I wouldn't feel so alone questing in general. :/

On a side note, I also don't understand why so many people do Frost, when you can spam Phoenix Valley and get more exp. PV is sadly, a very underrated instance in our version of PW...

TL;DR: There is so much new content out there, that people who are against this, have clearly never played the current content; the leveling rate of doing quests alone is astonishing >.> Currently PWI is catering to extreme laziness, and our player-base, and game vitality is paying the price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
This discussion has been closed.