Dragon Hidden Den - Video Tutorial

Options
Eamane - Raging Tide
Eamane - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
First time running, and it took us a while to figure out what to do on the last part especially. I added some tips on the video, hope it helps.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcd16xg_tc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Eamane - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i dont recall seeing that structure there, or the NPC on Dreamweaver. Thanks for sharing the video though :) You guys seem to have been much more coordinated than the squad I went with to do it. with how everyone stuck together going to the "BB".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    may as well compile this quote into this post too
    Originally Posted by Asterelle - Sanctuary View Post
    Managed to beat all 3 stages and get the reward. Stage 2 and 3 were very challenging.

Stage 1)
    - Kill 6 towers
    - Climb Six chains
    - Dig flame at top of Six chains simultaneously
    - Talk to boss

Stage 2)
    - Defend center against flames + mini bosses coming in from 4 sides
    - Kill occasional special flames for a drop. Person who picks drop has to seal 4 cauldrons by digging (need 4 drops)
    - Boss:
    --Hitting blue bubble mob casts a temporary protective shield on ground
    --Hitting red will cast attack aura
    --when you see an announce saying hes about to do big burst of damage hit a blue bubble and stay inside (dont hit bubbles otherwise)
    --When he pulls you towards center for grinding jump off the pedestal fast

Key for this battle is mobility. Stay near an unpopped blue bubble so you can put up a shield when he does burst. Save those blue bubbles for that.

Stage 3)
    - Mobs that you can farm drop purify pills you can use and jump pills
    - Jump pills let you jump to coins in the air that buff you and help dodge attacks
    - Boss main attack is to slam his fist onto the field and to throw down lava onto floor everywhere
    - Lava kills you in 1 second
    - Theres an elemental immune add on the lava that if you dont kill will heal boss, this add has very strong APS melee attack
    - Boss will try to pull / push you into lava

Cheesy Strategy: Theres a pillar behind the boss you can stand on where you avoid all attacks except small AOE. If he pushes you off the pillar towards lava you can use a jump pill and holy path in the air to steer back onto safe pillar.
    Credits to original poster b:thanks

nice good to know xD
    thanks for the nice vid b:victoryb:cute
    explained all my questions
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    thanks for your effort :)
    but the tip about his "yelling" is wrong, he will announce where the next lava spawns (right hand, left hand, middle) so you have to move to a save spot :P using the airbag pill will most likely result in your death anyway :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i dont recall seeing that structure there, or the NPC on Dreamweaver. Thanks for sharing the video though :) You guys seem to have been much more coordinated than the squad I went with to do it. with how everyone stuck together going to the "BB".

was prob easier cause they where only 6 xD I had 10 people all wasting the protection orbs too soon lol
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited September 2013
    Options
    eh wtf? why do you have the reward npc?

on morai server the reward npc was not there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Rewards look crappy though...

And you can only do it once a day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ray - Morai
    Ray - Morai Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    thanks for your effort :)
    but the tip about his "yelling" is wrong, he will announce where the next lava spawns (right hand, left hand, middle) so you have to move to a save spot :P using the airbag pill will most likely result in your death anyway :c

This.

The boss shouts where the next bunch of lava will appear and gives you about 5 seconds to move to the oposite spot. The lava just makes that zone unreachable, but most of the times the other two sides are free. Attacking it from max range skills works well. Sins, barbs and bms are pretty much only useful to keep the add busy.

Keep the squad together so the turtles don't spawn spreaded around the map (those also heal the boss I think).

I would even dare to say that jumping and purify pills are not even needed if you follow this instructions.

It's a pretty instance with crappy rewards that will probably get dumped after ppl get tired of seeing the same graphics and it will just be another AeU. The quest reward seems to be good to lower the prices of some skills though :P
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/30053
    youtube.com/user/RayPWI/videos
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This.

The boss shouts where the next bunch of lava will appear and gives you about 5 seconds to move to the oposite spot. The lava just makes that zone unreachable, but most of the times the other two sides are free. Attacking it from max range skills works well. Sins, barbs and bms are pretty much only useful to keep the add busy.

Keep the squad together so the turtles don't spawn spreaded around the map (those also heal the boss I think).

I would even dare to say that jumping and purify pills are not even needed if you follow this instructions.

It's a pretty instance with crappy rewards that will probably get dumped after ppl get tired of seeing the same graphics and it will just be another AeU. The quest reward seems to be good to lower the prices of some skills though :P

nice 4 page of fate a day from that if you want? xD thats cool
    or 4 old book pages

looks like getting rank for free just got better 800 a day from that if you pick it :p
    and 80 ultimate subs haha
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This.

the purify pill is good for the person that tanks the frenzy mob. i could kill my archer within 3 sec when i was debuffed :P without the debuff it was way easier to tank.
    and sins arent completely useless, elo managed tohave some 500 k zerk crits on boss/mobs with r9 gear and the gold coin buff :)

back to my problem: why do other servers have the reward npc and we dont? only west coast servers have it maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    Misturo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Loved the Harry Potter reference in the beginning.. Such as a big fan I am.

Love the tutorial, its clear and simple looking. Maybe someday I get myself time and a squad to test it out. May I say, good job.

And i guess I kinda liked the music, too.

Nice idea, to follow the shields to not get one-shot.. Also first times in this instance might make it really painful for people who dont understand English that well, since the text comes up and mainly tells you what to do.

Yeah. Im liking the instance, gives a nice challenge.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    the purify pill is good for the person that tanks the frenzy mob. i could kill my archer within 3 sec when i was debuffed :P without the debuff it was way easier to tank.
    and sins arent completely useless, elo managed tohave some 500 k zerk crits on boss/mobs with r9 gear and the gold coin buff :)

back to my problem: why do other servers have the reward npc and we dont? only west coast servers have it maybe?

you dont have that npc? that sucks maybe this patch will help fix that as well b:sad
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Different squad in my guild managed to clear it today and said reward NPC wasn't there. So yeah. Might just be west coast? ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2013
    Options
    oh that does suck sorry you dont have em maybe check after your server is up
    edited September 2013
    Options
    check the first page again third post I put in someones quote from somewhere.

has some detailed info as well that was not explained in vid that I seen anyway
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited September 2013
    Options
    oh that does suck sorry you dont have em maybe check after your server is up
    i checked, the npc is there now :) and i still have the rewardquest of yesterday :DD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lh6d.png

how the entrance should be looking xD
  • Ray - Morai
    Ray - Morai Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lh6d.png

how the entrance should be looking xD

PWI thought that entrance wasn't "honoring" the name, so they decided to just put an invisible texture b:laugh
    youtube.com/user/RayPWI/videos
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Just a little trick for Teams who got venos: when the strong phisical mob in stage three appears, the veno should lure it away, bramble hood+ dew of star protection +blazing barrier, fox form+amp+other debuffs, and watch the mob aps suicide :o

Did this successfully many times
    edited September 2013
    Options
    bump since people are not making squads in WC for this yet b:laugh
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Bump b:victory