Pwi just keeps getting worse

Options
MechSin - Sanctuary
MechSin - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Well first of all I would like to congratulate pwi for finally getting rid of the pwi lottery coupon spam in my quest log.
Also the new titles and engraving are pretty good additions.

But now they have ruined coa!
Everything in this game is pushing to be certain builds for each character. No more aps because that is wrong! To play this game you must be casters and use skills! Great job for making my bm/one of my barbs/and demon sin completely useless in coa. I am afraid to go to tigers if the rumors I hear are true, because they were true for coa.

Whats with all the aps hate pwi??

Now what will become of the 4 aps wizard I was making...
Post edited by MechSin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well first of all I would like to congratulate pwi for finally getting rid of the pwi lottery coupon spam in my quest log.

Everything in this game is pushing to be certain builds for each character. No more aps because that is wrong! To play this game you must be casters and use skills! Great job for making my bm/one of my barbs/and demon sin completely useless in coa. I am afraid to go to tigers if the rumors I hear are true, because they were true for coa.

I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that aps over time would become less and less effective overtime. Welcome to the caster era bro. This applies to Coa now as well it seems.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Just wait till Tiger event. Supposedly changed to anti-aps as well. b:laugh
  • MechSin - Sanctuary
    MechSin - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    if I keep switching when I use skills that means to be good id need to bring my full set of g16 on my sin which takes up a lot of room :/ and its a lot of work to switch that gear from my archer or sage sin to my demon sin.
  • magmabeast
    magmabeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that aps over time would become less and less effective overtime. Welcome to the caster era bro. This applies to Coa now as well it seems.
    Caster Era your wrong its archer era and its just getting worse....
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

i am sorry you love apsing so much but i am loving it

and you know what this shouldent be un issue aps was broken to begin with

that is all i wanted to say
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think they should stop tweaking old instances, and do like they did with nirvy.

They implemented the 'changes' gave 'their" place more drops and left an instance with the old way, (win for both the apsers, and slightly the casters...) albeit there was a HUGE problem with it in the fact that it couldn't be run as often as regular nirvy. (Open all day without the use of nirvy talisman... which was a bit of a slap in the face of the casters. D:... it so should have been open all day if you had the keys on you.)

I for one would love to see them start adding in NEW instances with the 'new' bosses/mobs that aren't aps friendly, ergo more challenging, and it would be with higher rewards and leave alone the old ones. :X (Though yes the meleers should be able to participate if they wish too in the "harder" instances, (and casters would still be able to get into bhs... as they are now anyways... sure some are still alienated but still... it is better than what it was during the hey day of apsing.) but still... I think it would be asinine to continue down this path, besides what good is it doing...?

I know that's a hell of a lot of work, but at least you wouldn't risk losing loyal people to the game.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Lonchot - Heavens Tear
    Lonchot - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It's an awesome update

3 New quests availables at NPC on entrance, for peeps that cant get bosses.

New mobs around

Netherworld panaceas gives good reward on exchange

Bosses were 2 silly, they got buffs now (attack and def), plus, there are quests availables once u enter a room with a boss.. Such a cool update i have to say.

Oh, and that immune damage mob around, really sucks but, u cant get a game to be so easy so b:victory
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think they should stop tweaking old instances, and do like they did with nirvy.

They implemented the 'changes' gave 'their" place more drops and left an instance with the old way, (win for both the apsers, and slightly the casters...) albeit there was a HUGE problem with it in the fact that it couldn't be run as often as regular nirvy. (Open all day without the use of nirvy talisman... which was a bit of a slap in the face of the casters. D:... it so should have been open all day if you had the keys on you.)

One could argue that Caster Nirvana also segregated Arcanes from Melee classes.
    "Why take a melee class to C.NV when they can just spam their own?"
    "Why take a caster class to Reg. NV when they can just run theirs?"
    If anything, Nirvana itself could have been modified to be a bit more magic-friendly than to create a whole new instance for one particular damage-type. Hell, they could have even let the talismans be used in Regular NV to summon additional bosses for more drops so that there would be additional reasons to bring Arcanes along, but I digress.

I for one would love to see them start adding in NEW instances with the 'new' bosses/mobs that aren't aps friendly, ergo more challenging, and it would be with higher rewards and leave alone the old ones. :X

Wouldnt it be better if there were bosses and mobs who were and were not able to be easily affected by it? APS would still have some utility outside of rapid chi-gain but also wouldnt always be the end-all of DPS that it became.

(Though yes the meleers should be able to participate if they wish too in the "harder" instances, (and casters would still be able to get into bhs... as they are now anyways... sure some are still alienated but still... it is better than what it was during the hey day of apsing.) but still... I think it would be asinine to continue down this path, besides what good is it doing...?

They can still participate - using their skills on things that have the APS shield and using their Claws/Fists on things that do not. I'm really beginning to wonder how many built their characters without any consideration as to having both high DPS and respectable DPH to some degree...
    I bet the sins who dont know how to do much else but Spark n' Spank are as lost as ever.

I know that's a hell of a lot of work, but at least you wouldn't risk losing loyal people to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Aps is cheap and effective, pwi hates that, they need you to buy r9, simple as that.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    One could argue that Caster Nirvana also segregated Arcanes from Melee classes.
    "Why take a melee class to C.NV when they can just spam their own?"
    "Why take a caster class to Reg. NV when they can just run theirs?"
    If anything, Nirvana itself could have been modified to be a bit more magic-friendly than to create a whole new instance for one particular damage-type. Hell, they could have even let the talismans be used in Regular NV to summon additional bosses for more drops so that there would be additional reasons to bring Arcanes along, but I digress.

Aye they could indeed argue that, but I still prefer that than the all the tweaking they have done that have arguably ruined game play for those who don't have insanely awesome gear... sure it wasn't easy for the undergeared groups to do regular nirvy, but still it was doable, as was the case with caster nirvy.
    Wouldnt it be better if there were bosses and mobs who were and were not able to be easily affected by it? APS would still have some utility outside of rapid chi-gain but also wouldnt always be the end-all of DPS that it became.

Perhaps, but still I do think they should make it so that you don't have to do the "hard" bosses if they don't want too. (similar to vile bosses in WS)
    They can still participate - using their skills on things that have the APS shield and using their Claws/Fists on things that do not. I'm really beginning to wonder how many built their characters without any consideration as to having both high DPS and respectable DPH to some degree...
    I bet the sins who dont know how to do much else but Spark n' Spank are as lost as ever.

Aye I am fully aware that bms/sins/barbs/seekers with the right 'skills' active can be quite useful when played right in those scenarios where aps is more or less useless. Still, the game seems to be becoming more and more in favor of dph with all the places where dph completely blows out aps. (yes there still is places where aps fully outshines dph... but still seems like its becoming quite the game for casters only... seems being the keyword. [Thinking of that saying, sometimes looks can be deceiving... but only time will tell])

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    No, its just as one person said... this update heavily heavily favors archers. With MELEE dps gone, the next highest dps (because dps still does win over dph any day in pve) is the archer. In fact, I''ll be willing to bet that my sin, wielding his +10 g16 bow, will still do more dps in a few triple sparks then my freakin +12 r9rr cleric, lol. Annoying, but I've always adapted.

As far as tiger event goes... the new changes won't stop me from winning once I figure things out ;o
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As far as tiger event goes... the new changes won't stop me from winning once I figure things out ;o

Gee, I wonder how hard that is with a +12 R9rr cleric b:bye

Anyway, I thought PWI was finally done with the bashing of APS users, apparently it's not, what's next, FC with anti-aps buffed bosses? Or heck, TT bosses with that buff?

Why don't we just give everything an anti-aps buff so APS becomes completely absolete b:puzzled
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Aps is cheap and effective, pwi hates that, they need you to buy r9, simple as that.

yep my 625 dex r9.3+12 sin with r8r armor and full deity stones was surely cheap. i dont mind that pve sins become absolutely useless now, i can just cash a new r9 farming char i guess.
    this is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Gee, I wonder how hard that is with a +12 R9rr cleric b:bye

Anyway, I thought PWI was finally done with the bashing of APS users, apparently it's not, what's next, FC with anti-aps buffed bosses? Or heck, TT bosses with that buff?

Why don't we just give everything an anti-aps buff so APS becomes completely absolete b:puzzled
    I know right, that is what I am... concerned about... it just sounds so... FUN.... NOT! xD

EDIT: Also yea... archers do indeed pwn, but still I feel it would be casters/archers who would benefit the most from the direction this game is heading... sure it wasn't right nor fair for casters to be excluded from nirvies, or bh squads, but I have noticed a few who have shunned melee classes in favor of archers/casters for thins like bh sot/places where the dph really outshines dps. Albeit its far less 'in your face' than the days of aps... XD.

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Now they just have to make FC aps unfriendly b:chuckle
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    yep my 625 dex r9.3+12 sin with r8r armor and full deity stones was surely cheap. i dont mind that pve sins become absolutely useless now, i can just cash a new r9 farming char i guess.
    this is stupid.

My r9 wasn`t cheap either, and that goes for the rest of my stuffs, but i`m still aps, what I meant, the basic aps is cheap, the tt 99, barrier thorns nirvana, that sort of thing, not counting shards and refines but the set - up that was good enough to farm nirvana or solo FCC.
  • J_Brightstar - Sanctuary
    J_Brightstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    LOL Wow, imagine that. PWI is actually making BM/Barb/Sin use their skills. The barbs are actually going to have to tank and use skills!!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    all I see is "QQ my class doesn't have an insane advantage in every pve instance"
    welcome to the caster world, twitchers

and lol at the "what's next, make TT/FC bosses antiaps".
    yes, that should be exactly the next step, I don't see why one class should be able to solo, let alone solo far faster an instance while other classes cant.

(and I'm saying this having an aps+10 sin)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Who cares lol I been playing pw for 5 years and never did coa or tiger event thing,I have played one jungle ruin event like when it first came out lol.Mainly it's due to the timing the timing to where my intrest in the game has drifted away for the night.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Did... did they really apply anti-aps measures to CoA? O.O What did they add? Is it a fortification draught buff like some of the recent bosses?

I haven't done CoA in at least two years because of all the aps. If this is true... I may actually play it again.

But I really feel for the melees who don't use aps, on this. -_- They still get shafted. Much like caster nirv...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    all I see is "QQ my class doesn't have an insane advantage in every pve instance"
    welcome to the caster world, twitchers

and lol at the "what's next, make TT/FC bosses antiaps".
    yes, that should be exactly the next step, I don't see why one class should be able to solo, let alone solo far faster an instance while other classes cant.

(and I'm saying this having an aps+10 sin)

I have however just learned in another thread that a veno can solo emperor. Steelation has always been easier for casters. So i guess the casters may at this moment not really be at so much of a disadvantaged in TT already. :)

As for the subject here. I dont know.... I understand they made APS overpowered. But fixing it then by weird bossbuffs specifically made against it. Seems a bit strange and actively killing APS opportunties after people spend a lot on it is not really nice. If i were designing it, i probably would just slowly fase it out. R9 offered less APS opportunties than older gearsets. So many people already claimed that APS was part of history. Now if they would just go further in that with R10 or whatever comes next, and make more PvE content where bosses simply hit so hard that it needs to be tanked in HA, they wouldnt need to go trough such strange measures to fight it.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have however just learned in another thread that a veno can solo emperor. Steelation has always been easier for casters. So i guess the casters may at this moment not really be disadvantaged in TT already. :)

that's why I added the speed factor too b:chuckle
    it's not like a veno/caster can't solo FC too either, but the time spent would make it impractical. in the TT case, I'd bet that by the time the veno reaches steelalion+emperor the sin would have made more money by skiping them and doing more runs.

having said that, I don't think that pwi should go and put anti-aps buffs on TT bosses, in fact there is room for making TT easier/drop its mat prices assuming that a new, harder instance is introduced with highly wanted mats to serve as a farming instance. it's a bit meh that making tt99 gear is the most expensive part of the g16 gear xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have however just learned in another thread that a veno can solo emperor. Steelation has always been easier for casters. So i guess the casters may at this moment not really be disadvantaged in TT already. :)

People will just run archer tank+cleric healer as their main TT squad if they put anti-aps buff on TT bosses, tbh. The majority of TT bosses can be range-tanked by any archer with 10k HP buffed and that's pretty easy to get nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Did... did they really apply anti-aps measures to CoA? O.O What did they add? Is it a fortification draught buff like some of the recent bosses?

I haven't done CoA in at least two years because of all the aps. If this is true... I may actually play it again.

But I really feel for the melees who don't use aps, on this. -_- They still get shafted. Much like caster nirv...

PWE screwed up their own game, and they can't fix it. Just get rid of the rank gear, attack level and defense level shards, set bonuses from gear and fix the skill on the classes and just lower the HP on the bosses since people want bosses to be killed faster, but no, they think about losing the CSers. What about your new customers PWE? You'll leave them shafted too?
    Sage barb in progress.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The only issue I have with this as a sin is BP heals. APS allows me easily survive bosses that would normally 2-3-4 shot me. It greatly increases my survivability. As a user of APS that favors DPH, DPH can get me killed in some situations because I simply dont heal enough. APS also allows lower geared people to make up survivability in BP heals. It makes the clerics and the barbs job a lot easier, hell even barbs love BP.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The only issue I have with this as a sin is BP heals. APS allows me easily survive bosses that would normally 2-3-4 shot me. It greatly increases my survivability. As a user of APS that favors DPH, DPH can get me killed in some situations because I simply dont heal enough. APS also allows lower geared people to make up survivability in BP heals. It makes the clerics and the barbs job a lot easier, hell even barbs love BP.
    lol... this is the same thing in every game that good casters know already... and speedbumps... er, i mean rangers/archers in those games used to somehow all mess up also... oh yeah... and assassins... the trick is to learn "aggro control"... sometimes, all that takes is using your skills right and even do not hit at all... this was once considered basics b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If people haven't noticed... there are tons of bosses with the anti-APS buff... and guess what people have found ways to make the bosses die JUST as fast as they were with APS. Give it time, people will find a way to make it happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired