Lycaeum of Cultivation broken or changed?

Options
zuwaga
zuwaga Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Can't target or activate NPC's unless you are in pk mode. Is this intended or just broken like some other quests with the new updates.
Post edited by zuwaga on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Check veno instance discussion thread and you'll have your answers.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I certainly hope it isn't an intended change. But I'm a little concerned since when it was first reported that you had to tab to shoot a guard it was listed in the "State of Quality Corner" post in QC as being looked at, and that has now disappeared. I would like to hear something official about this.

And I have to say, I will be more than just a little angry if it turns out they are only allowing PKers to run this instance.
    Check veno instance discussion thread and you'll have your answers.

That doesn't give us answers though, unless I missed something. Sure, it has tips, but we want to hear some official statement on whether or not this was an intended change and if it is ever going to be fixed so that PvErs can run the instance too as they did initially say in QC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    And I have to say, I will be more than just a little angry if it turns out they are only allowing PKers to run this instance.

That doesn't give us answers though, unless I missed something. Sure, it has tips, but we want to hear some official statement on whether or not this was an intended change and if it is ever going to be fixed so that PvErs can run the instance too as they did initially say in QC.

I linked that thread because I posted in it saying that the bugs have been reported. If there would be any news about it I would have posted it there (and I will indeed post it in that thread if we ever do get an official word on it).

It's not really that they are allowing PKers to run the instance, PWCN's server are all PvP so the instance was made with that in mind. It's more about the developers neglecting the fact that PWI has PvE servers so they didn't test or code it appropriately.

I suppose it wasn't into their top priorities list seeing as they didn't fix it during this update (but instead bug it >.>).
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    hallo again,

i deleted the message with the tip show/hide quest, because it has nothing to do realy.
    i am sorry for that but i got it started yesterday during i changed the quest statistic by an accident, so i thought this must be the trick. lol
    today i got start it again by only waiting awhile near the first guard with esc/tab.
    the buffbird dont work for me to change, maybe because i don`t use ranged pets.

i hope pwi will change here anything to make it more comfortable for non pk user anyway.

b:bye
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well you know their motto
    If it ain't broken, fix it till it is
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • MerLeah - Archosaur
    MerLeah - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    b:angry after the update content i cant do the daily veno's anymore coz u have to be in PK to attack the guard...It does not make sense for the PVE veno's.

bug.

bug.

bug.

more.

BUG!~
    MerLeah - 102 Venomancer (kittie purrge) - Archosaur
    ||CupCake|| - 105 Assassin (slice 'n dice) - Archosaur
    Princella - 101 Cleric (heal's da noob) - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12787492002&dateline=1316071878[/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Why don't you guys go white then? Everything that's worth doing about pve is done in instances anyway. b:sweat

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Why don't you guys go white then? Everything that's worth doing about pve is done in instances anyway. b:sweat

Heh, I've been in PK mode myself for weeks (and quite enjoy poking NPCs) but I can respect those who don't want to do it (even though you can glitch it).
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i dont pk because i see no sense doing this with actual gear below r9rr +10-12, its just a joke. all knowledge will not help u a lot. best gear will win as long ur enemy is not drunken or whatever. but its just my own opinions i got here over the years and i like this game too, so not necessary to discuse. as long pwi has pve servers too it should be the same chance for both sides pk as well as pve.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lbr though, how often are you outside of sz/not in an instance anyway as a pure pve player? Like...just don't go red and you won't drop stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Gotta agree with Eoria there. Being in PK more doesn't mean you have to go out there killing people. I know of a lot of people who are in PK mode just so they can attack NPCs to build chi during instance runs.

I'm not going to tell anyone to go PK but it's not as bad as people think.

Regardless of that though, the instance should be fixed to work properly on a PvE server. They should do it like Cube's PK enabled rooms.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Heh, I've been in PK mode myself for weeks (and quite enjoy poking NPCs) but I can respect those who don't want to do it (even though you can glitch it).

I just don't understand why so much apprehension against pk mode. If we were in the level-outiside era, I would understand it, but now there is nothing to do outside. In my server, there is a lot of people who never pk (and even hate it) so they just never leave safe zone.

To me you are all traumatized for something (not you Desdi, ofc) f:scared
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I enjoy grinding in various spots on the map. And I don't want the stress of being randomly attacked while I do so, or it is not enjoyable anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Gotta agree with Eoria there. Being in PK more doesn't mean you have to go out there killing people. I know of a lot of people who are in PK mode just so they can attack NPCs to build chi during instance runs.

Regardless of that though, the instance should be fixed to work properly on a PvE server. They should do it like Cube's PK enabled rooms.

It really isn't as horrifying as one may think. I do understand a PvEr's pure aversion to it - as it could give them stress to try and maneuver around the map with a constant worry over their heads. I remember trying to exit Heaven and I look away from my computer for a minute to pick up an apple, come back, and find myself dead with this crazed BM spamming "1v1" in my window in whisper. I don't blame anyone but myself for being out of Safe Zone while going afk, but I do know that I am only in PK for the veno daily and this is one of those instances where it could be stressful.

I didn't read up on the PvE method, but I heard it included tabbing for a ? mob in front of the guards and AOE'ing? I have a difficult time in completing the daily with the ctrl + hotkey already, hah. XD;
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I enjoy grinding in various spots on the map. And I don't want the stress of being randomly attacked while I do so, or it is not enjoyable anymore.

How often do you even come across other people though? Especially nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

lol so many people in heaven tear see a white name player and go and kill you for no reason other then they seen you walk by. :p

there pk deprived in my server b:shutup I was killed on my veno for seeing if the rare dino pet was there in morai while white name. b:sad
    guess the other veno was thinking "get lost i was here first" I didn't know I got pked right away I was afk lol

and there excuse for killing you is "I felt like it, you chose to go into pk mode"
    so there trying to show that there so great lol
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

haha yeah they have a motto of "gotta kill any and everyone they see in pk cause not enough others going into pk for them to kill" b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lol so many people in heaven tear see a white name player and go and kill you for no reason other then they seen you walk by. :p

there pk deprived in my server b:shutup I was killed on my veno for seeing if the rare dino pet was there in morai while white name. b:sad
    guess the other veno was thinking "get lost i was here first" I didn't know I got pked right away I was afk lol

and there excuse for killing you is "I felt like it, you chose to go into pk mode"
    so there trying to show that there so great lol

That explains why so many HT Venomancers are against it :o I'd probably find it annoying too if I'm not into PvP. I don't blame them anyway, the instance isn't supposed to work with PK, it's beyond me why they can't just code it like Cube.

I've been in PK mode for several weeks because I decided it's too bothersome to switch on and off all the time and nobody has attacked yet but I wouldn't mind if someone does. Then again, I don't find myself out in the open map so much other than doing Morai/BQ/MQ.
    I have my GS with me all the time.

Your server sounds pretty desperate xD
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't want to run around white named either, cause I simply hate the drama that comes with PK. What I do is do my dailies on one day, then glitch into PK, do lycaeum, sleep. Next day do lycaeum first, then all other stuff after you swapped out of PK mode. Saves you having to glitch in every day. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You used the wrong font colour!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You used the wrong font colour!

Indeed. Blame the fact that I'm on an uncalibrated, half-dying office screen. b:chuckle Orange and sandy really don't look that different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lbr though, how often are you outside of sz/not in an instance anyway as a pure pve player? Like...just don't go red and you won't drop stuff.

Incorrect. As a blue named player without gs if u die to a mob there is a 1% chance of dropping. that applies to a white name player getting pk'd. there is a 1% chance of dropping. as you add time (red name) and get more and more red, the chance skyrockets and the amount you can drop at once 1 items 2 items 3 items. ijs there is legitimate reason on a pve server for people not wanting to be in pk mode. specially if you are a quester and totally space the pk thing and some ices you. lol i get killed questing all the time xD b:pleased
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If I go white name, there's no chance I'd leave Arch, I'd only log in to grab bh, some dailies, and maybe chat a while, browse the ah, etc.
    You can't even trust bh squads, oh so many times we finish bh, they drop squad and start butchering whomever.
    Also, white name barb dies to mob in Aba, drops citrine gem. Good thing htere wasn't someone among us to be a ***** and keep it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Incorrect. As a blue named player without gs if u die to a mob there is a 1% chance of dropping. that applies to a white name player getting pk'd. there is a 1% chance of dropping. as you add time (red name) and get more and more red, the chance skyrockets and the amount you can drop at once 1 items 2 items 3 items. ijs there is legitimate reason on a pve server for people not wanting to be in pk mode. specially if you are a quester and totally space the pk thing and some ices you. lol i get killed questing all the time xD b:pleased

How hard is it to put expensive stuff in your bank? Like, do people on PVE servers just go walking around with stuff like Scrolls of Tome in their inventory without dolls? I don't get the thought process behind that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    How hard is it to put expensive stuff in your bank? Like, do people on PVE servers just go walking around with stuff like Scrolls of Tome in their inventory without dolls? I don't get the thought process behind that.

And if I had a mirage in my inventory, why should it drop? It's valuable to me. Your point is subjective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    when i do veno instance i go pk and stay that way. I was currently blue named when my laptop died and i had no issues and if i was pk'd i didn't care its usually someone i know lol.

I always keep Gs scrolls on me. Even when not in Pk cuz i don't wanna lose exp.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
    edited September 2013
    Options

Most PvE players don't pay to bind their gear. So you have no choice but to haul around expensive things. And to reply to your previous question, I actually see a lot of people on the map when I am questing. Most often in Lothranis or Momaganon, generally farming, but sometimes in other spots where I grind I will see someone grinding (especially on 2x). And quite a few in Morai too.

But regardless of the fact that some of you think it is no big deal to go into PK mode, this game has PvE servers for a reason and people on those servers should not be forced to go into PK mode to do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Most PvE players don't pay to bind their gear. So you have no choice but to haul around expensive things. And to reply to your previous question, I actually see a lot of people on the map when I am questing. Most often in Lothranis or Momaganon, generally farming, but sometimes in other spots where I grind I will see someone grinding (especially on 2x). And quite a few in Morai too.

Umm...bind the gear then? Also note you don't drop things you have equipped unless you accrue red hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The thought process is "its pve server, i r safe and can play like an idiot". Hence it's common on HT for people to "lose" their ****, whether it be accidentally NPCing it, dropped it, or being in PK mode (and red named) without any GS/binds. Within hours of the update, when servers were back up, someone lost their unequipped Matchless Wings being red named with no GS and questing outside Snowy with a ton of other people.

Obviously people who do this deserve what's coming to them.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Umm...bind the gear then? Also note you don't drop things you have equipped unless you accrue red hours.

That's not the point here anyway. Dropping stuff isn't even the concern for me. I, like many others, find it stressful having other players able to attack me. I can't enjoy grinding because I always have to be watching for people. This is why I had to quit running the Cube of Fate.

There are PvE servers for a reason. Some of us want to play a relaxed game. Just because you enjoy/have no problem with PvP doesn't mean we all feel that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]