Reviving The Game

SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Note: In addition to this thread, I have started an official petition. If you agree with any of these ideas, I strongly encourage you to click here and sign the petition.

It has long been discussed by you, the community that a change needs to be made to revive the game and encourage new players. The majority of you voted for either level restricting FCC, or restricting Hyper EXP Stones in FCC. We were listened to a little bit, but as with most things, it gets forgotten and left behind. V4liance encouraged discussion of this, and stated that they would monitor it, but we all know how those things end up in the long run.

We have even seen the effect that a change like this can have to the game's community. It's also been re-hashed and discussed to death even more recently. Those in favor, (the aforementioned majority), are mostly in agree-ance that a measure such as this will bring an improved change to the overall community of the game and will help to expand the life of this flagship title that we love.

The general idea is to re-populate the desolated quest areas and cities in the lower levels so that new players will find a thriving community to join and hold on to. It is understood that several other things will also need to come into place, such as advertising to draw more players. Overall however, these options are a quick and easy step that can be taken in the right direction.

This is no longer a discussion for those of you that haven't realized how much of the game below 80 has changed. This is not a discussion about how butt-hurt people are going to be because it will take them a little more work to hit 100 than it does currently.
This is a vote and a discussion on a topic that has already received the majority vote from the community. If you are planning on trolling or trying to de-rail this thread, keep your peace and go elsewhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SylenThunder - Twilight Temple on

Comments

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While it could lead to some beneficial changes I doubt it would be enough to make it significant. Personally I didn't notice any change in the time when hypers were disabled in FC.

It's kind of hard to fix the mistakes already done, it's like if college degrees were easy to get until one day decided to change it and make it MUCH harder. PWI community is mainly end-game with many alts, I don't think many would bother leveling more alts the long way. For new players it's just not so appealing to join a community with mostly all end-game, while having it much harder to level then they had.

Really, I think that's just natural "aging" of a MMO, cuttently at a point where it's not easy to improve it. PWI should reset the servers and make major reworks to the game with a lot on new cool stuff.

Overall, I do support it, but I think it would need MUCH more then that. Also, I think you should add an option to disagree with both too, since now you can only see who is for it and not against.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    SylenThunder,

Whereas I do think PWE definitely needs to make such changes, the first reply to your post should be a reminder of the "train of thought", "mentality" and/or "copouts" so many people have toward such changes... They have no idea that such changes are not too late, and that no matter what the initial repercussions might be to said changes, the long run will yield a far greater quality and longevity of the game overall... These changes need to be made if the future of PWI has any chance at all... Not making these changes / doing nothing, will only yield the bleak future currently pressing harder and harder on all the servers as time goes by allowing said issues to continue... and the sad part... those issues that continue are favored by the nearsighted that want what they want now, without concern for the future... Unfortunately, this perfect world is identical in this aspect to the real world... programs, monkeys and lemmings... all npc-types... the rest are on the verge of extinction b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is kinda like the so called fast food chain people wanting a 15.00 a hour pay it don't make no "cents"....get it
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is kinda like the so called fast food chain people wanting a 15.00 a hour pay it don't make no "cents"....get it
    double negative... ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I voted to restrict the use of hypers and FC for those below 75.

I strongly agree that those "affected" are the nearsighted ones that cannot see outside of the box. They tend to be the MMO player that wants to rush to endgame, play it for a while then abandon it for another game that can be rushed. Or they are the sellers of FC, which there are other means of making coin, this one is just the easiest.

Someone said on the other thread, I forget who it was, that new MMOs aren't about the killing of x for x, quests that reward little, that no one wants to take years to hit max level. They argue that new MMOs are about endgame. Some maybe are, but I seriously doubt their longevity will be long. The most successful MMOs of the past that have lasted 10 to 15 years or are still active, are the ones that do take time. That was the design of an MMO, not a FPS.

Maybe I appreciate MMOs for more than leveling. As someone with art degrees, I love the imagination that goes into the world they create. I enjoy the social aspects of leveling slowly with new friends you meet along the way. I like the storylines. In PWI every one of my alts has been leveled without FC. Even without doing FC, this game has become so easy to level anyway to 75.

I like the slow meandering path to triple digit levels, but then again as an adult, I have a hectic life and don't mind the long road in game. It's a fun escape to play MMOs. Endgame....there are so many endgame players many who get bored and leave, or those that want the "oh look at me" attention because they reached level 100, 101 etc in a month. So what. It's no big deal now.

Revive the game by reverting it to no hypers or below 75 in FC would be in the right direction. It may not seem like it short term, but long term it would bring people back to the game and bring new players. People that heard its just a fast pass to endgame, that thought, how boring and low level areas are barren, so why bother. The only way to catch up is to CS like buying a Bentley. Most would rather not.

A lot of newer games or future games aren't relying on money from endgame gear, but instead find cosmetics are a big draw for many gamers. Let the players use or craft endgame armor.and weapons, but make money on fashion, mounts, character looks, housing, etc and if implementing something that can be used in armor or weapons, make it so its not a game changing feature. I like that idea.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Someone said on the other thread, I forget who it was, that new MMOs aren't about the killing of x for x, quests that reward little, that no one wants to take years to hit max level. They argue that new MMOs are about endgame. Some maybe are, but I seriously doubt their longevity will be long. The most successful MMOs of the past that have lasted 10 to 15 years or are still active, are the ones that do take time. That was the design of an MMO, not a FPS.
    Just to add to this, there's a reason why some of the first true MMORPG's like Meridian59, EverQuest, and UO are still around. Hell, some of the older titles still even get new content and updates. They've been around longer than PWI. And I guaruantee that some of them even have better PvP. (If you want to see real PvP, try M59 or UO, they created what PvP really was. what we have here is for sissies compared to that. There, death has consequences, real consequences.)

PWI has had the capability to be placed in that very same genre for years, most of the new content has made it even more so. Unfortunately, the decline of new players and the decline of staying players will prevent it from reaching any long-term life. New content to keep up with newer games isn't the answer. Even more high-level content isn't the answer. And hell, there's more than enough new low-level content that's already been added. No one is around to see it though.

The thing that amazed me the most with this MMO was the customization, the attention to detail that was put into the surroundings, the immense open world, and the storyline. It wasn't just go here and kill x number of y mobs. There's a story within the quest lines.

FCC and Hypers tend to kill the story. Then it's just an instance game. If that's what you want, feel free to go play something that's just instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really miss subscription games and also think the F2P model of MMO games is not a great idea. While I don't mind the ability to play for free, its the reason I started PWI due to my job taking so much time and not making it viable to pay for a game I wasn't able to play enough. Little did I know, I've spent more on PWI than all the other games in 15 years combined lol. But I saw a game with bucket-loads of promise. PWI reminded me of my first MMO that I enjoyed immensely. There was a great, friendly playerbase.. Then PWE went in a direction that began killing the game. It was slow at first, but has steamrolled into a dying mess with a playerbase so greedy, and hellbent on endgame that they too are a catalyst in the game's death.

This is the nature of free to play with a business model that leans so much towards endgame and endgear. It's shortsighted and causes players to wear blinders, especially the younger ones.

I think the main issue with f2p is there is too strong a draw for immature, mentally unintelligent players, that come in, have nothing to lose and leave. They are the MMO version of roaches. They want things immediate, and fast. They don't notice anything in the game around them. Why bother? They want to be high level and look "cool" which was never a direction I wanted to see this game head towards.

I never minded the subscription based model, but sadly I think the free to play model is here to stay in the MMO world and PWI if things don't change, will be incurable.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Signed. But why isn't my note being displayed on the page, I wonder? I only see bill mckintyre's comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    Lolitta - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Note: In addition to this thread, I have started an official petition. If you agree with any of these ideas, I strongly encourage you to click here and sign the petition.

It has long been discussed by you, the community that a change needs to be made to revive the game and encourage new players. The majority of you voted for either level restricting FCC, or restricting Hyper EXP Stones in FCC. We were listened to a little bit, but as with most things, it gets forgotten and left behind. V4liance encouraged discussion of this, and stated that they would monitor it, but we all know how those things end up in the long run.

We have even seen the effect that a change like this can have to the game's community. It's also been re-hashed and discussed to death even more recently. Those in favor, (the aforementioned majority), are mostly in agree-ance that a measure such as this will bring an improved change to the overall community of the game and will help to expand the life of this flagship title that we love.

The general idea is to re-populate the desolated quest areas and cities in the lower levels so that new players will find a thriving community to join and hold on to. It is understood that several other things will also need to come into place, such as advertising to draw more players. Overall however, these options are a quick and easy step that can be taken in the right direction.

This is no longer a discussion for those of you that haven't realized how much of the game below 80 has changed. This is not a discussion about how butt-hurt people are going to be because it will take them a little more work to hit 100 than it does currently.
    This is a vote and a discussion on a topic that has already received the majority vote from the community. If you are planning on trolling or trying to de-rail this thread, keep your peace and go elsewhere.

Another stupid topic....why do u care about low lvl's and how they lvl up? your 101..if you had your main character under 100 you will not make this topic. Everyone is free to lvl up how they want with FC or without and I dont think people over 100 + lvl should decide for them.
    After all of you made lots of alts with Fc heads now you want others not to but like i said you're 101+ so why do you care?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Where's the option for neither? Both are ****ty ideas.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013
    Another stupid topic....why do u care about low lvl's and how they lvl up? your 101..if you had your main character under 100 you will not make this topic. Everyone is free to lvl up how they want with FC or without and I dont think people over 100 + lvl should decide for them.
    After all of you made lots of alts with Fc heads now you want others not to but like i said you're 101+ so why do you care?
    You may have grown up in Frost, but most of us did not, actually. The clear majority of people in this game played through the questing zones, which are now empty, thanks to people like you and your ignorant assumptions. Please try to actually read the discussion and understand what's going on before you jump into a thread with the intent to derail it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    voted yes for FC restriction but no for hypers.
    the reason is that without FC hypers are not easily utilized; sure you can aoe grind (would take skill so it's good) or pay a seeker to grind for you or even just use them for mobs but it will be expensive, too expensive for the average player and thus the impact would be minimal, just like oracles, tiger quest and even crazy stone.

and ofc, even if they use them, they'd be in the open map (and in rather specific areas e.g. public quest) so more player interaction which is good.
    if you had your main character under 100 you will not make this topic.

care to explain why? why did you pick 100?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013
    voted yes for FC restriction but no for hypers.
    the reason is that without FC hypers are not easily utilized; sure you can aoe grind (would take skill so it's good) or pay a seeker to grind for you or even just use them for mobs but it will be expensive, too expensive for the average player and thus the impact would be minimal, just like oracles, tiger quest and even crazy stone.

and ofc, even if they use them, they'd be in the open map (and in rather specific areas e.g. public quest) so more player interaction which is good.
    This was my reasoning also. Hypers outside of Frost is rarely a problem, and it would negate much of the point of hypers to begin with (from PWE's standpoint, anyway, meaning it'd be less likely to get done than simply closing off Frost).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
    edited September 2013
    101 - Cleric - classic leveling
    100 - Seeker - Hyper Zhen from 60 to 80, and FCC for 99-100 aside from that, classic
    98 - Veno - Classic
    92 - Barb - Classic
    80 - Wizard - Super Slow Classic
    80 - Cleric - Classic/PV (built for doing all the RB's)
    76 - Psy - Super Slow Classic
    74 - Psy - Classic (my VIT build for the guides.)
    70 - Psy - Classic with the new quests (created specifically to look at new low-level content.)
    68 - Mystic - Classic with the new quests

That's just the one's I've bothered to log onto in the past few months. I have about 20 more between 14 and 64 that aren't shops.

I care about low levels and how they level up because I play that field often. I know how desolate it is. Maybe you should give it a try.

The biggest point is, with the state of the quests and exp and handouts you get now, I can hit 70 in a weekend playing solid, casually it takes merely a week. Personally, I make genies and take closer to a month.
    You can hit 100 in a month or two relatively easily playing casually without using FCC or Hypers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This poll is severely biased.

To revive the game, shutting down FCC by either level restriction or hyper use is ridiculous.

You are not going to bring life into this game by merely doing that. PWI would need to make an effort to actually market this game somehow to bring people in -- and they don't seem to be doing that.

As of right now the new people I know about that have joined this game are those who joined to play with their friends. And there are not that many. They want to level to endgame so they can be with their friends and not quest alone in a deserted map because someone who is already pretty much end-game feels the need to nerf Frost. The servers are filled with end gamers, and their alts.

What PWI really needs to do is make it MORE beneficial for the quests and all the quest lines to be completed then to sit inside frost and power level. The rewards to quest should be far greater then having frost babies. More XP, SP, better gear, martial arts scrolls etc. This would bring people out of the instance and onto the maps. Then they need to advertise somehow to bring the people in.
    Here we go again....
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What pw should do, or rather wanmei, is to start making PW 3, because this one is too old.

PW 3 would have the same classes, but there would be new lore (to justify why there is a new world), and ofc the new game would be build with a new engine, so it can run more efficiently.

It would have a redesigned world, classes would be changed slightly, there would be new animations, and better graphics in general.

And finally, all the old players would get the opportunity to have their characters recreated in 2 or 3 servers. All the servers would be pve because that's the most popular choice. And then there would be maybe 3 other servers for new players...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013

To revive the game, shutting down FCC by either level restriction or hyper use is ridiculous.

You are not going to bring life into this game by merely doing that. PWI would need to make an effort to actually market this game somehow to bring people in -- and they don't seem to be doing that.

As of right now the new people I know about that have joined this game are those who joined to play with their friends. And there are not that many. They want to level to endgame so they can be with their friends and not quest alone in a deserted map because someone who is already pretty much end-game feels the need to nerf Frost. The servers are filled with end gamers, and their alts.

What PWI really needs to do is make it MORE beneficial for the quests and all the quest lines to be completed then to sit inside frost and power level. The rewards to quest should be far greater then having frost babies. More XP, SP, better gear, martial arts scrolls etc. This would bring people out of the instance and onto the maps. Then they need to advertise somehow to bring the people in.

The map is deserted because of frost, they would not be playing alone. That is the entire point to nerfing frost. Frost kills other forms of exp gaining the same way that nation wars killed nirvana, and it's a fact that we can see is true from when it was disabled. To close off frost the only thing they'd need to do is close the entrance so that you had to stone in or talk to an NPC to enter, like morai. They have already revamped all of the quests, they give you gear, charms, shards, etc. The dreamchaser packs also give free mounts and excellent gear for those level ranges. You can get exp from quests and levelling aids almost as fast as frost honestly, Sylen got to 70 in 2 days and that is without hypering. Still nobody does it and that's because frost is and always will be easier and faster, and thus a more logical choice. As long as it remains the better option, it will be used. They have tried revamping the quests to be as fast as they can be without having you out level them before you anywhere close to doing an area, they already gave you free better gear, free flyers, free mounts, free charms, free leveling aids, it has been done. It didn't work for the same reason nobody is going to do nirvana for raps/cannies even if they boost the rewards a bit so long as nation wars exists. As long as it's easier and quicker to do for the same reward, there is no reason not to and the people who lose out are the new customers.

I disagree with disabling hypers though, so I had to hold off on signing the petition. I'd need to see the impact first, not sure it would be significant enough to warrant disabling them. The main reason frost needs to be disabled is because it's choking the life out of PWI's ability to attract new players, and hyper use on the world map I don't think would be a huge issue besides. Since most players would still let them get their quest kills or talk to them or whatever.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2013

1. You didn't read my first post or the petition very well. I clearly stated that this was not solely going to fix anything.

2. You're one of those I referred to as not actually noticing the changes that have been made to the low-level content. There's already more exp more quests, less kills for quests, 100% quest item drop rate, free exp, and even gear handouts. I also mentioned that advertising would be required. Before that will help anything though, we need to re-populate the lower areas. The suggestions in the poll are the best overall method currently.
    What pw should do, or rather wanmei, is to start making PW 3, because this one is too old.

PW 3 would have the same classes, but there would be new lore (to justify why there is a new world), and ofc the new game would be build with a new engine, so it can run more efficiently.

It would have a redesigned world, classes would be changed slightly, there would be new animations, and better graphics in general.

And finally, all the old players would get the opportunity to have their characters recreated in 2 or 3 servers. All the servers would be pve because that's the most popular choice. And then there would be maybe 3 other servers for new players...
    It would definitely be interesting. If they did it right, they could even merge the existing databases into it. Unfortunately, it would require completely developing a game from the ground up. Neither PWE nor Wanmei do that. It's also quite a large expense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013

This so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2013
    The map is deserted because of frost, they would not be playing alone. That is the entire point to nerfing frost. Frost kills other forms of exp gaining the same way that nation wars killed nirvana, and it's a fact that we can see is true from when it was disabled. To close off frost the only thing they'd need to do is close the entrance so that you had to stone in or talk to an NPC to enter, like morai. They have already revamped all of the quests, they give you gear, charms, shards, etc. The dreamchaser packs also give free mounts and excellent gear for those level ranges. You can get exp from quests and levelling aids almost as fast as frost honestly, Sylen got to 70 in 2 days and that is without hypering. Still nobody does it and that's because frost is and always will be easier and faster, and thus a more logical choice. As long as it remains the better option, it will be used. They have tried revamping the quests to be as fast as they can be without having you out level them before you anywhere close to doing an area, they already gave you free better gear, free flyers, free mounts, free charms, free leveling aids, it has been done. It didn't work for the same reason nobody is going to do nirvana for raps/cannies even if they boost the rewards a bit so long as nation wars exists. As long as it's easier and quicker to do for the same reward, there is no reason not to and the people who lose out are the new customers.

I disagree with disabling hypers though, so I had to hold off on signing the petition. I'd need to see the impact first, not sure it would be significant enough to warrant disabling them. The main reason frost needs to be disabled is because it's choking the life out of PWI's ability to attract new players, and hyper use on the world map I don't think would be a huge issue besides. Since most players would still let them get their quest kills or talk to them or whatever.
    Heh you ninja'ed me because I'm at work and typing between clients.

As far as disabling hypers, and the petition... the petition is a move for change. I directly referenced this poll in the petition so that if any decision is made by the company based off of it, it has this poll, and the other threads I linked all referenced. Personally, if you're going to do one, you might as well do the other. The people farming coin from hyper babies will just farm coin off of PQ Zhen and then ruin that area for other players.

In any case, don't hold of signing the petition just because of that option. It's merely a suggestion in the petition. If any decision is made it will be internal, and they likely won't even pay attention to the voting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    some additional xp, less mob kills, and some nub gear isn't making it worthwhile to do quests... it is still faster and easier and more time/cost effective to sit in frost

Again, revamping the quests to make the quests more attractive in terms of rewards: greater xp, "rare" quest items, GOOD gear would get people out of frost.

Face it... PWI is gearing themselves towards end gamers. Why would they release another leveling instance like PV if they had any plans to nerf frost and get people out of instances.
    If you attend the events in this game its catered towards end-gamers. Lower levels pretty much get steam rolled out of them. b:bye
    Here we go again....
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2013
    some additional xp, less mob kills, and some nub gear isn't making it worthwhile to do quests... it is still faster and easier and more time/cost effective to sit in frost

Again, revamping the quests to make the quests more attractive in terms of rewards: greater xp, "rare" quest items, GOOD gear would get people out of frost.

Face it... PWI is gearing themselves towards end gamers. Why would they release another leveling instance like PV if they had any plans to nerf frost and get people out of instances.
    If you attend the events in this game its catered towards end-gamers. Lower levels pretty much get steam rolled out of them. b:bye

Have you ever even tried the dreamchaser gear, my mystic soloed Qingzi in that gear incredibly fast and ridiculously easy at BH level. And she was the tank, not her pet. The dreamchaser gear blows all other gear at that level out of the water and is completely free. It's the r9 of low level gear. Don't know how much better you want the gear. They get great free charms, and the coin that they get easily gets them their skills. They don't need money for gear anymore. The quests do have great exp, we're talking level 70 in 2 days. I never finished the quests for the level range in that level range, how much more exp can they possible hold without leveling you up so fast you can't even do the quests for your range anymore? Quest rewards, an item that turns you into turtles, flawless and beautiful shards, fruit, fashion (albeit timed), mounts, wings, etc. It's not supposed to be stuff that is better than endgame or comparable, that would be ridiculous. But it's certainly already a hell of a lot better than what used to be there. The only reason being a low level sucks is because there is nobody to play with, and all the shiny doodads in the world isn't going to make up for being forced to play an mmo like a single player game and having to skip stuff you wanted to do because you cannot get a squad for it. Quests get boring but how are you supposed to do things like BH, PV, Alpha-Gamma, Duel, PVP, etc to give it variety, if there isn't another soul around for meters?

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2013

To put in perspective what paralleogram's trying to get at, more quests a la the Goshiki chain quest or even that cute little turtle charm quest is really the way to go. Most other quests don't really have good or memorable rewards for doing them. Just exp and coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2013
    To put in perspective what paralleogram's trying to get at, more quests a la the Goshiki chain quest or even that cute little turtle charm quest is really the way to go. Most other quests don't really have good or memorable rewards for doing them. Just exp and coin.

Have you tried the seasonal quest? Those are available from 20-40 and have some interesting sights to see and things to do and it changes every season. For example here is me on a little archer I made to check them out.
    My lowbie doing the seasonal quest. It is hilarious how epic that looks.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/epiclowbie_zpse2bde007.png

For those that don't know, the autumn quest for 20-40 gives you a free, one hour timed pair of wings for the atiya line of the quest, so that you can fly up and kill some mobs. Naturally, I took screenshots instead of using 'em the way the quest intended.

IT was a blast, I've fought giant kittens with wings, Cosmos the unicorn, etc. There are more unique quests they've added, but if nobody plays them why should they develop more? A turtle turning charm isn't going to get people stop hypering FC, they'll do that one quest one time at 100 and then go right back to hypering FC. I never even see people at the turtle place anymore. It's because as long as hypering FC remains the better option, that's what people will prefer to do when they level up.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Have you tried the seasonal quest? Those are available from 20-40 and have some interesting sights to see and things to do and it changes every season. For example here is me on a little archer I made to check them out.

IT was a blast, I've fought giant kittens with wings, Cosmos the unicorn, etc. There are more unique quests they've added, but if nobody plays them why should they develop more? A turtle turning charm isn't going to get people stop hypering FC, they'll do that one quest one time at 100 and then go right back to hypering FC. I never even see people at the turtle place anymore. It's because as long as hypering FC remains the better option, that's what people will prefer to do when they level up.

Yeah I did it when leveling my nub cleric. It's cute.

What I mean is, when I make a new char, there are certain quests I will make sure to go do because they aren't just pointless mob grinding for exp/coin. I'll get stuff I'll actually save and use at end-game. I want more quests like that and I'm sure others do too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I did it when leveling my nub cleric. It's cute.

What I mean is, when I make a new char, there are certain quests I will make sure to go do because they aren't just pointless mob grinding for exp/coin. I'll get stuff I'll actually save and use at end-game. I want more quests like that and I'm sure others do too.

They could stand to add a bit more I can't deny that, lowbie content could really use more. But they have already added more then they had. And still nobody really uses it. And that's because there is still more incentive to skip it than to not skip it. Players are rewarded with better exp and faster leveling for ostracizing newbies and skipping the content. There should be ways to level faster than it was in 2008, but it shouldn't be such an attractive option that you are actually heavily rewarded for skipping content. Because when you skip it, you skip out on interacting with new players as well. And there is only so many they can add, as they gotta keep it balanced with endgame. The incentive should be to get to endgame in any proper MMO. I agree that lowbie content could use more things that are nice, and that this game needs more advertisement, but all of that would be for nothing if nobody uses it and the new players are greeted with nothing but abandoned content.

• Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't vote on any of those. None will work because the game is not salvageable and thus is in decline. Really think about it. What does pwi have to offer new players? The map is empty and desolate for the most part. The low level player base doesn't really exist. Because there are so few lower leveled people. There is nobody for these new players to enjoy low level content with. To add to this, new players really have to hope in enjoying tw and nw. Because they will be molested by r9rrs and g16 equivalents. They also will have no hope in catching up either unless they spend hundreds to thousands of dollars. When you consider this, other mmorpgs look pretty damn good.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Wait, so you're going to blame FCC for what players decide to do? Stopped reading there. FCC is a choice. One that should be avialable if players decide to do so. People basically want to force other into doing somthing because of their misguided nastalgia. Who made you people the gods of PWI? Are you sure your way will even work? And you can't use 1 week w/o FC as evidence because 1 week is not enough to determine the reprecussions of certain actions such as this. Also some of us dont have 2 days in our busy schedule. I'll keep my hyper FC ty. I'm pretty proficient at all the classes i play anyway.

I played before FC was something people ran everyday, before hypers, before BH. It's not worth how long it takes to level in this game, and for all those people talking about Dreamchaser gear. They aren't always available for new toons. PWI like to use us for Facebook likes then give away 1-2 per account, or we have to charge 20 bucks for one. They can gtfo with that. Once you hit lv60, the exp/quest ration starts to drop dramatically, and after lv80 its pretty much non existant. While the lower level areas are empty, I'll tell you that changing FC won't change that. There will always be hyper leveling, this is a unique issue to PWI in my experience. The harder you make it to power level, the harder its going to get when people hit 100. You think FC babies are bad? I'd prefer those to the oracle cupcake variety, that's for sure.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2013
    Wait, so you're going to blame FCC for what players decide to do? Stopped reading there.

Yes, because the way a system is designed, and the rewards it gives, greatly impacts the decisions people make when interacting with that system. This is an undeniable, undisputable fact. In fact, most games do require some effort from the player onto a toon to get it to endgame. And the ones that don't at least are smart enough to make it more rewarding to do the content anyway. This is true at least of the longest running and most successful ones. And the ones that don't, at least allow people to rush to endgame without having to pay money and with other people. In the case of FF, they are making it more rewarding to not do the content. Anyone who knows anything about people would understand then, why FF is as popular as it is.
    FCC is a choice. One that should be avialable if players decide to do so.

Players should not be allowed to kill the game for their own gain. If something is hurting a business, it should be allowed to discontinue that product or to change the product in some way. FF is killing the longevity of the game.
    People basically want to force other into doing somthing because of their misguided nastalgia.

I don't know why you are quoting my post when making such an assertion. That's something you made up on your own, and it is based in nothing more than fantasy if you are referring to me.
    Who made you people the gods of PWI? Are you sure your way will even work? And you can't use 1 week w/o FC as evidence because 1 week is not enough to determine the reprecussions of certain actions such as this. Also some of us dont have 2 days in our busy schedule. I'll keep my hyper FC ty. I'm pretty proficient at all the classes i play anyway.

Nobody, we're all simply players asking for a change. Nobody is a god of PWI. And we're the only version that has hypers in FF. Evidence? Let's see....the other versions are still thriving, Our week seemed to indicate that this would be case, and it is human nature for human beings when presented with two options, to pick the better one. They have tried overhauling the lowbie area to get more people doing quests and streamlined it. That didn't work.
    I played before FC was something people ran everyday, before hypers, before BH. It's not worth how long it takes to level in this game, and for all those people talking about Dreamchaser gear. They aren't always available for new toons. PWI like to use us for Facebook likes then give away 1-2 per account, or we have to charge 20 bucks for one. They can gtfo with that. Once you hit lv60, the exp/quest ration starts to drop dramatically, and after lv80 its pretty much non existant. While the lower level areas are empty, I'll tell you that changing FC won't change that. There will always be hyper leveling, this is a unique issue to PWI in my experience. The harder you make it to power level, the harder its going to get when people hit 100. You think FC babies are bad? I'd prefer those to the oracle cupcake variety, that's for sure.

Doesn't matter what you played back then, that isn't the case now. This isn't 2008. The coin comes from quests, leveling is faster and cheaper, gear is cheap and easy to get, etc. Your past experience with the map is outdated. And a level capped FC would not change level 75 (or 85 if that's what they choose) gameplay at all. You have zero evidence that it wouldn't change the lower level areas being empty. Whereas there is evidence to the contrary in fact. And anyway, they will definitely remain empty if things stay how they are. Without new players this game won't have the longevity it could have. In order to get a change, the game needs to make a change. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Vote cast. Let's try and keep this thread alive this time. Not gonna bother to quote anything from the people that don't understand because I've seen it all before and it's not worth responding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
This discussion has been closed.