The "Commission Shop"

Nit - Dreamweaver
Nit - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Catshop or new commission shop?

Who will seriously spend 18gold to use the commission shop for 30days, its a total lost even before you sell anything lol
Post edited by Nit - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lol it's not permanent?
    so around 1m/day...assuming that you have it up all days.
    nah, I doubt that i'll see more than 1m profit from having it..
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    the big sellers probably.
    But the thing is, you have to know what your looking for as a buyer, so as a seller thats less opportunities for you (at least for me) the joy of window shopping is not there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i thought this was something in the lines of gigantic list of everything that people is selling in the server like what alot of other games have so you don't have to looking around the stupid cat shops, but this is just bs... thought pwi gotten a little bit better, nope, just more greedy...
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    indeed as soon as i saw the prices for the dragons oath i knew these wouldnt be used very often if at all b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It really seems pretty damn cool, aside from it not being a permanent deal, I also find it annoying that in red you have to be "near shop to purchase items"... that would be all fine and dandy if I knew where to find said commission shop. TT (perhaps I need to research more about where to go if I want items from there) EDIT: Apparently I need to go to an npc... it would be nice if it would have said that in the red message. <<

Again I do feel it is quite an cool thing but needs some fine tuning for it to become mainstream... cool but has a little ways to go before being truly epic.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • lilbuffy
    lilbuffy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's really too expensive in its current state. Maybe players would be willing to pay the gold if you could buy from the commission shops from more places, e.g. in every safe zone.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is just another great example of a wonderful idea completley ****ed up by the greed of Perfect World Entertainment. A system better than the AH that let's users browse player made shops from a comprehensive list, spoiled by promise of negative profit for use.

God, and to think I was excited for this part of the update. Thank you PWE for lulling me into a false sense of hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im not really getting it yet how it works. Didnt spend much time trying to get it either :p

But it looks to me like you are gonna get pages of shops. rather than just seeing what you want. That looks like a severe shortcomming.

However, with this steep fee, only a few merchants will go there so i guess it wont be too hard to browse the shops. I think we will end up with a few shops there running things that are not location bound like pstones, apoth, teles, crab. Other things that you do not need right here right now but more likely right next to the NPC you use it at like tokens, dorbs, mirages i suppose will remain being traded like they are now.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    This is just another great example of a wonderful idea completley ****ed up by the greed of Perfect World Entertainment. A system better than the AH that let's users browse player made shops from a comprehensive list, spoiled by promise of negative profit for use.

God, and to think I was excited for this part of the update. Thank you PWE for lulling me into a false sense of hope.

I feel totally, 100% the oposite.

I was afraid they would do what i guess you hoped for. Free shopping all over the world with a good browsing system.

It would totally kill merchanting.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    lilbuffy wrote: »
    It's really too expensive in its current state. Maybe players would be willing to pay the gold if you could buy from the commission shops from more places, e.g. in every safe zone.

Is it not accesible everywhere ?
  • lilbuffy
    lilbuffy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is it not accesible everywhere ?

Nope, it's only accessible from the Commission Shop NPC in Archosaur.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Hmm, ye that i guess makes it not just a little bit useless, but totally so.

I assume PWI understands that the 80% of players who do not CS are also important for them. A game cannot run with just 10 heavy CSers. They need us cheapos to fill the world.

They also understand that making that perfect shopping medium will pretty much kill merchanting and scare away many of their players.

So i think that is why they are being very carefull implementing this and try only a little step at a time. I am thankfull for that. b:cute
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hmm, Ye That I Guess Makes It Not Just A Little Bit Useless, But Totally So.

I Assume Pwi Understands That The 80% Of Players Who Do Not Cs Are Also Important For Them. A Game Cannot Run With Just 10 Heavy Csers. They Need Us /cheapos/ cannon fodder To Fill The World

Ftfy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FluffPaw - Morai
    FluffPaw - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lilbuffy wrote: »
    Nope, it's only accessible from the Commission Shop NPC in Archosaur.

Actually it is accessible everywhere just for browsing. If you want to buy from or sell to a commission shop. Only then you need to go to the Commission Shop NPC. To browse and search the shops, you just open it from the little house looking new icon, next to your chars HP,MP,EXP bars.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former! - Albert Einstein
  • snowball0210
    snowball0210 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    18 Gold for 30days. Wowww, Nice Job PWI.

The average gold price is 2mil/per gold, so it's 36mil per 30days = 1.2mil/per day.

In order to sell what I'm carrying, I need to spend 36mil first. REALLY????

*Going back to my catshop mode*
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lol 30 day limit on it? wow if they want pople to buy it over and over with that price tag make it a 6 month time limit :p
  • Foks - Heavens Tear
    Foks - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    18 Gold for 30days. Wowww, Nice Job PWI.

The average gold price is 2mil/per gold, so it's 36mil per 30days = 1.2mil/per day.

In order to sell what I'm carrying, I need to spend 36mil first. REALLY????

*Going back to my catshop mode*

lmao! XD Ik,r? Same here!

AH ftw, just put it back up every day O.O Sticking with these 2 options. Unless you sell hardcore, have a ton of items, and just find it better to leave your shop up 24/7 perhaps it'd still be nice...but I can't see even 50% of pwi players wanting to use that. I can't make myself pay that for 30 days. >_< It hurts...my everything...just whyyyy.
    ...Lv. 90 not 71 pwi -.-'

PWI - Perfect World-wide Issues. B(
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Again, no one is forcing you to make a commission shop b:laugh

Having someone open one is kinda a relief, now I can browse shop via commission shop shortcut while I'm in rb or other instances and compare prices.

This can be used for fac type shop (a rather wealthy one), members can donate coinz to purchase the rent and they all can put their items in it.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In my opinion the commission shop sucks. It hasn't helped me so far. It looks like people just forget it exists. I've have a catshop and the commission shop with the same items for the same price, and the catshop keeps selling everything faster.

Another thing about the commission shop is the slots you have for selling. For the price you paid, you should at least be able to post maybe 100 items, but the amount you can post is almost the same as in a catshop.

Imo, this shop should cost 3 gold for the 30 days period (one is trying to make money after all...). Do yourself a favor, and don't buy it. You will only lose money, or rather not make any.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont really see the point of it. We have the AH. We have catshops. So this is a blend of the two, just tailored to make PWE more money? Brilliant marketing, however, I doubt it will ever become popular. Just another thing to clog up the code.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)