Macros

banqueir0
banqueir0 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Seeker
I'm a demon seeker, wich is really unusual as most seekers are sage, yes, i do realize this.

Recently I got some new lv11 skills, and since i learned ○Staggering Strike, my normal macro for pve stopped working.

For those wondering what macro, it's "Walk behind enemy"(the curvy arrow), then Rock Splitting Cleave, then Battousai, then Staggering Strike.

IF all 3 skills are lvl 10, you'll have them being casted non-stop till your target dies.
IF all you get demon battousai/rock splitting cleave or both, and lv10 staggering, the macro still goes on smoothly.

However, demon Staggering reduces casting by 0.2 seconds and it messes up the macro.

I'm now wondering how to fix this, as this macro really helps me alot when pve-ing, specially when dealing with bosses.

I'm looking also for other macro ideas for single targets.

Thanks in advance for you collaboration.
Post edited by banqueir0 on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You'll have to add in another attack to make sure the cycle takes at least as long as the longest skill cooldown. You can use a standard attack if nothing better.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    banqueir0 wrote: »
    I'm a demon seeker, wich is really unusual as most seekers are sage, yes, i do realize this.

Recently I got some new lv11 skills, and since i learned ○Staggering Strike, my normal macro for pve stopped working.

For those wondering what macro, it's "Walk behind enemy"(the curvy arrow), then Rock Splitting Cleave, then Battousai, then Staggering Strike.

IF all 3 skills are lvl 10, you'll have them being casted non-stop till your target dies.
    IF all you get demon battousai/rock splitting cleave or both, and lv10 staggering, the macro still goes on smoothly.

However, demon Staggering reduces casting by 0.2 seconds and it messes up the macro.

I'm now wondering how to fix this, as this macro really helps me alot when pve-ing, specially when dealing with bosses.

I'm looking also for other macro ideas for single targets.

Thanks in advance for you collaboration.
    hmm well most experienced seekers do not use macros because the seeker class does not benefit the most pve damage from macros. But if you want the most pve dmg you can generate as a seeker here are great combos:

ALWAYS HEART SHATTER before you start to dd any high hp mob

1. Have a genie with Cloud Eruption(lvl 1 Cloud eruption is good enough..don't get past level 1) and Frenzy(lvl 10, it increases your attack level by 20 decrease magic/phy resist, still great for dmg)
    2. Fill your chi completely
    3. Tripple Spark + Cloud Eruption + Vortex= Great aps dmg, ull do great BURST damage, just leave vortex on and keep using frenzy for consistant high damage.

Another Great pve damage combo...Great Damage overtime
    1. Get ur chi filled up again. You want frenzy on ur genie
    2. Use Sacrificial Slash + QpQ then use Edgeblur and Frenzy
    3. Since edgeblur is affected by ur attack level this combo gives u a lot of attack level and dmg
    Note: Tripple spark does not affect edgeblur, since edgeblur is actually a self buff. You can keep spamming this combo every 30seconds non stop, although not has great burst dmg as the tripple spark vortex...overtime your dd would be more...not to mention u can keep using other spells while you edgeblur
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think you must've had some lag for that combo to actually work until now. We've discussed this in another thread and finding a safe combo took quite a bit of effort.

I've posted my own combo, but it only works for sage seekers. Though I'll quote you a ranged macro that I believe works for any kind of seeker.

(Loop) Battousai -> Gemeni Slash -> Battousai -> Arme Nier -> Heartseeker -> Battousai -> Bladed Fervor (or your favorite weapon buff)

It's a bit long though, so there's a high chance of you getting interrupted.
    1. Have a genie with Cloud Eruption(lvl 1 Cloud eruption is good enough..don't get past level 1) and Frenzy(lvl 10, it increases your attack level by 20 decrease magic/phy resist, still great for dmg)
    2. Fill your chi completely
    3. Tripple Spark + Cloud Eruption + Vortex= Great aps dmg, ull do great BURST damage, just leave vortex on and keep using frenzy for consistant high damage.

Triple spark + vortex is quite a waste of chi imo, though I won't question your style as I have my own which works best for me aswell.

Another Great pve damage combo...Great Damage overtime
    1. Get ur chi filled up again. You want frenzy on ur genie
    2. Use Sacrificial Slash + QpQ then use Edgeblur and Frenzy
    3. Since edgeblur is affected by ur attack level this combo gives u a lot of attack level and dmg
    Note: Tripple spark does not affect edgeblur, since edgeblur is actually a self buff. You can keep spamming this combo every 30seconds non stop, although not has great burst dmg as the tripple spark vortex...overtime your dd would be more...not to mention u can keep using other spells while you edgeblur

Well, half of this is sort of true but the other half is wrong.

I agree with using sac slash + qpq and blur, but if you want to add frenzy to it you have to use it before casting blur in order for blur to gain any bonus off it. The best thing about blur being affected by attack levels is that you can actually cast blur while having attack level buffs on and it will do the same damage whether those buffs run out or not. I'll also point out another little trick here. Blur can be used with your main DD weapon and then do the same damage after switching to a defense one.

The part that's wrong, is about spark not affecting blur. It does affect blur though it's once again a waste of chi so I guess not many people do use it. Blur kinda is a self buff but it's a more special self buff, note it can't even get purged. The fact that it's still affected by your base damage is the reason spark also affects it.

Blur is generally okay to use for added damage, though if you're in a squad and want to hold aggro then it's the last skill you should want to use (infact don't touch it xD) as it generates no aggro.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think you must've had some lag for that combo to actually work until now. We've discussed this in another thread and finding a safe combo took quite a bit of effort.

I've posted my own combo, but it only works for sage seekers. Though I'll quote you a ranged macro that I believe works for any kind of seeker.

It's a bit long though, so there's a high chance of you getting interrupted.

Triple spark + vortex is quite a waste of chi imo, though I won't question your style as I have my own which works best for me aswell.

Well, half of this is sort of true but the other half is wrong.

I agree with using sac slash + qpq and blur, but if you want to add frenzy to it you have to use it before casting blur in order for blur to gain any bonus off it. The best thing about blur being affected by attack levels is that you can actually cast blur while having attack level buffs on and it will do the same damage whether those buffs run out or not. I'll also point out another little trick here. Blur can be used with your main DD weapon and then do the same damage after switching to a defense one.

The part that's wrong, is about spark not affecting blur. It does affect blur though it's once again a waste of chi so I guess not many people do use it. Blur kinda is a self buff but it's a more special self buff, note it can't even get purged. The fact that it's still affected by your base damage is the reason spark also affects it.

Blur is generally okay to use for added damage, though if you're in a squad and want to hold aggro then it's the last skill you should want to use (infact don't touch it xD) as it generates no aggro.
    Didn't know about the damage of edgeblur staying the same wether you switch weapons...would be very useful in pk. Also makes sense you would have to use frenzy before edgeblur, good catch there.

Now for the tripple spark, it does increase your damage but only by a very very very small amount...its not worth using. If you have a better pve combo you should share it : D wouldn't mind know more ways to do better damage