Pwi is now a dating website. Next up, How to catch a predator.

Comments

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please PWI remove the "Under 18" option......that's just creepy.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Find a lover" Is just creepy, hands down. Even with the age option, would not even matter (because people are full of lies). It is more convenient to remove the age and find a lover option. Finding a lover on the net is as smart as brushing your teeth with bleach. You don't know the person behind the computer.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm crying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am pretty sure that a first sin (cant name names) in Kylin on harshlands server was the dirving force behind this useless and really creepy addition to PWI.
    NGTUy53.png

• Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LOooooooooooOOOOoooOoooooOooOooOooL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one pwi, give the creepers more power. Hahaha wth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    foley3k wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that a first sin (cant name names) in Kylin on harshlands server was the dirving force behind this useless and really creepy addition to PWI.

I received a few messages from this person last night >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    synchroze wrote: »
    The Perfect Match system is in no way meant to be used other than in-game matching system based on the answers provided by the players. Any attempt to use the system in a manner that is illegal or against the Terms of Service is strictly prohibited.

Please remember this is an MMORPG. Role playing is part of the game play. We also have logs of everything so if you plan on using the system to prey on people we will find you. b:angry

Providing the option to role play as a minor seeking a lover is a terrible idea for any company to promote. This places the utility, the game, and ultimately PWRD in a sketchy light. Even legitimate dating sites have an 18+ requirement..

Can you imagine what a field day the press would have with this story if it were made known? This is such a bad idea that I'm even worried for you guys.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThatTankGuy - Archosaur
    ThatTankGuy - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dude this is the 2nd thread i have seen u post on QQing about the new update if u don't like the new system don't use it problem solved! :)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Providing the option to role play as a minor seeking a lover is a terrible idea for any company to promote. This places the utility, the game, and ultimately PWRD in a sketchy light. Even legitimate dating sites have an 18+ requirement..

Can you imagine what a field day the press would have with this story if it were made known? This is such a bad idea that I'm even worried for you guys.
    ...in an extremely twisted way, that's almost the best thing they can do. Think about it... press equals publicity, publicity equals more players. >_> Aaaaand we're kinda hurting for players right about now.

I'm not saying I endorse that in any way (not the least of which because of all the weirdos who are likely to show up). I'm just saying it sounds like something PWE would do. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1. Tried it once, confused on what I see on the matching list.
    2. Got spammed with creepy pm which I supposed they find my toon name from those "stalking" list
    3. Remove self from list

b:bye matching system

Also, I want to buy blacklist extension stone for several gold
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When I saw this I laughed so hard

Nope nope
    I'm still laughing

-Gives PW the clap-

Next update we'll have babies and how to make baby actons for 1 gold!
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Since it is optional, don't use it. Problem solved.

Though having logs of everything, you would think they would find the bots, but then I guess that's like finding the needle in a needlestack

From what I hear though, not everything is bad, and it seems PWE is finally implementing *some* things people have wanted like access to EG items, various skills, and some new content, albeit content that needs a little bit of work, future NW map shrinkage, etc.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Mermi - Morai
    Mermi - Morai Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    f:sweat Well is optional and imo as most of the things has its ups and downs. I had fun with the "find a lover system" with my friends from faction (and not only) sending them the auto message... but then again am not an underage person. I find it quite creepy to match kids...even tho kids are not that childish anymore nowadays...I mean rly u think is worse then what they post on facebook?
    On the other hand some girl with who I never spoke ,for no reson, pm'ed me and we ended up chatting for like 3 hours...and now she's in my friend list.
    As everything around it matters the way WE are going to use it... if u wanna be a creep then ye it will be ur fault for the fail , if u are going to use it for its meaning then go ahead and make some friends. Nobody says u are going to marry them in real after u pm them.Also all this thing looks optional, nobody is forcing you to use them.
    If they remove the people that are less then 18yo who will say they won't fake the answers? I mean we all know they will do :D
    Too much drama...as always f:scaredf:angry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People are really ignorant. Cry about when PWI releases this date system thing, and complain that there are kids playing. BUT its okay to get married inside PWI then huh??
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People are really ignorant. Cry about when PWI releases this date system thing, and complain that there are kids playing. BUT its okay to get married inside PWI then huh??

Marriage in mmo is Role Playing, while this matching system is like an Online Dating Service.

I can see the future of PWI in hands of lawsuit when someone will be abusing this dating service especially with the under 18 option why? Because this update has make online predator easier to catch their preys.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Marriage in mmo is Role Playing, while this matching system is like an Online Dating Service.

I can see the future of PWI in hands of lawsuit when someone will be abusing this dating service especially with the under 18 option why? Because this update has make online predator easier to catch their preys.
    Drama alert.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks PW, without you I wouldn't know I should be dating the people I'd probably throw drinks at in real life. b:chuckle

The friend feature is alright.

Also, yes, not PWE's job to babysit your teens, if you think they needed that feature to find trouble you're deluding yourself..
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Drama alert.

Its not drama its true.

This really isn't needed, a blatant "under 18 option" and "lover".

Im under 18 and looking for a lover?

in the US if you are under 18 you are considered a minor and if this thing is used for the wrong reason that wouldn't be good.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks PW, without you I wouldn't know I should be dating the people I'd probably throw drinks at in real life. b:chuckle

The friend feature is alright.

Also, yes, not PWE's job to babysit your teens, if you think they needed that feature to find trouble you're deluding yourself..

This.
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, lol. This is just totally unnecessary xD
    Everyone knows that as long as you are r9rr, getting 'love' in PWI is easy.
    Now people may not need r9rr to get 'love' cause you made it easier.
    Another bad business decision! xD

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just gonna leave it alone

#nolife4everavirgin
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • nomzoarashi
    nomzoarashi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I quite enjoy this new system. I was slightly skeptical about it at first with the "Find Lover" part, but then I realized that you don't have to even have that option selected. I tried it out and found a friend, which funny enough, made a joke earlier about being spammed because of their interesting character name. It turned out to be a really fun experience.

The Find Lover part is completely optional, along with everything else. Anyone under 18 (or those who just don't want to be spammed for "e-love") could easily uncheck that box when filling out their information, or just completely avoid it entirely. And for those creeps that use the Find Friend or Find Mentor to harass people, I'm sure there's some way to either blacklist or printscreen and get someone banned for harassment. b:victory

Really people, does everything have to be a drama fest?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... Did anyone actually succeeded in finding new matching friends through this system so far? I haven't used it myself yet though I might try it out if something good actually happens using it... f:ponder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • _Sakara_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sakara_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I find this quite depressing too, now there wont be those horny people on world chat anymore....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... Did anyone actually succeeded in finding new matching friends through this system so far? I haven't used it myself yet though I might try it out if something good actually happens using it... f:ponder

I found Desdi. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013

What if this new thing is Role Playing as well??? PWI never mentioned that this is now real thing and you have to meet these dates in real life etc. And about marriage, its same thing. Those who get ''married'' here, other can be under 18 and other can be 30+. Be logical now.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It better have been a high matching rate too! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It better have been a high matching rate too! b:chuckle

Can't remember. lol But it was a high tail brushing rate :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When I saw this I laughed so hard

Nope nope
    I'm still laughing

-Gives PW the clap-

Next update we'll have babies and how to make baby actons for 1 gold!

Thats the spirit b:laugh
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Nice~! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin