Do GMs kill shops?

Options
Kittennice - Heavens Tear
Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
So I was going to the forges today to buy some TT mats only to find several characters on the ground with no hp. Before you say they're probably low levels that poked a Ghoul too many times, let me say that these characters are always at the forge selling TT mats.

Does this happen on your server?
Is this a glitch?
The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
Having fun since lv1
5 more levels baby!
^_____^
{=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
Post edited by Kittennice - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So I was going to the forges today to buy some TT mats only to find several characters on the ground with no hp. Before you say they're probably low levels that poked a Ghoul too many times, let me say that these characters are always at the forge selling TT mats.

Does this happen on your server?
    Is this a glitch?
    Someone must have lured a boss that does AOE, like Jewelscalen, or if it can even enter town, maybe Cynnair Essences (can lure many of them at once and change aggro upon proximity+stealth/unequip gear death).

Someone bored enough to lure either probably has lured them to other towns too, so perhaps investigate Town of Arrivals, Sanctuary, Angler's, etc. as well if it matters that much.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    When Nirvana was a thing, there were occasions where bosses would be lured into Raging Tide Ctiy to kill off catshops too. Wouldnt be surprising if someone did it in South Archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I know there was a way for people in PK mode to **** off the guard NPCs and then redirect their aggro to a catshop. Couldn't tell you how they did it, though.

The ironic thing is that even if someone did drag Jewel all the way to Arch for a catshop massacre, I doubt we even have the staff to ban the guy in any reasonable amount of time, these days. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Or they died from old age ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was under the impression that pwi had taken action and made it so it was impossible to drag a boss past the walls of arch...can anyone confirm this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There is also a treasure map 5 boss that spawns inside Arch and kills everyone, although I don't think it's near the TT forges.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There is also a treasure map 5 boss that spawns inside Arch and kills everyone, although I don't think it's near the TT forges.

Haha that's awesome. Wish I could get that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was standing at the forges waiting to sell someone something when this happened. It was a Disguised Attacker something or other and it was a level 72 mob/mini boss. Someone lured it it murdered a bunch people and then said person killed it or flew away and it deaggro'd. I was actually looking into my inventory and only seen the thing run past me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was standing at the forges waiting to sell someone something when this happened. It was a Disguised Attacker something or other and it was a level 72 mob/mini boss. Someone lured it it murdered a bunch people and then said person killed it or flew away and it deaggro'd. I was actually looking into my inventory and only seen the thing run past me.

Like this one http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/35963 ? He's from a quest summoning scroll thing, it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That's be the one. He shouts a buncha stuff in common chat. It was actually quite comical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I know there was a way for people in PK mode to **** off the guard NPCs and then redirect their aggro to a catshop. Couldn't tell you how they did it, though.

That would, fortunately, only work on catshops that are in PK mode (primarily red names). Those outside of PK mode are immune to the damage guards deal.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There's an item that spawns a mob, and if you de-agro it via stealth, then it will agro on anything around it.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I did this accidentally once with a different item. I got a scroll or something from a mob drop and didn't notice it until later on. I was flying when I activated it and a mob appeared on the ground below me. Since I was flying, it attacked the people on the ground.

I felt like a huge noob afterwards. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Astral Shard quest b:cute Did it the other day, thanks to all these "WTF" forum threads, so I knew this thing would spawn a bunch of mobs. :)
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

There's really no way for whoever aggros it to intentionally direct the aggro to another person.. However let us say a red name (no swords) walks past a guard just within aggro range, and a blue name heals them with some skill that draws heal aggro.. the aggro would then be on the blue name and they would take no damage. From there I suppose it entirely possible to set a shop up afterwards. This is the only way I see that happening, unless there is some new skill I'm unaware of..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was under the impression that pwi had taken action and made it so it was impossible to drag a boss past the walls of arch...can anyone confirm this?

That's one of the jobs of guards. They will kill any boss in a short amount of time if it is dragged past one. However, the likes of Jewelscalen can be taken over the wall so it can avoid the guards altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There's really no way for whoever aggros it to intentionally direct the aggro to another person.. However let us say a red name (no swords) walks past a guard just within aggro range, and a blue name heals them with some skill that draws heal aggro.. the aggro would then be on the blue name and they would take no damage.
    >Do the above
    >Have someone lure in a boss with an AoE through the gate while the guards are distracted
    >Successfully "clean up" Archosaur by carrying it around and letting the AoE kill shops

(May/may not work. idk.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Or they died from old age ^^

That was clearly the reason why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)