perfect match system fails with game times

Quinnie - Heavens Tear
Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
im not sure if anyone else tought about the time zones when ppl select their gaming times. due to different timezones ppl their times are ay different. ie when its 8 pm at my gf in CA it is 5 am for me in NL so if she would select her time evening and me morning the system would alrdy say we wont match on that while we do. they should put a tekst at it that ppl should base it on the server time. im sure alot of ppl will be matched wrong otherwise.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=986021
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Quinnie - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    >Calling a feature you havent even experienced fail

There may be a good amount of mis-matching due to timezones but perhaps some good will come out of it. Lets see how it plays out first...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    >Calling a feature you havent even experienced fail

There may be a good amount of mis-matching due to timezones but perhaps some good will come out of it. Lets see how it plays out first...

im not calling the entire system fail. just pointing 1 thing out that is a bit fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    im not calling the entire system fail. just pointing 1 thing out that is a bit fail

like everything else on the U.S. servers it will be based around the American time zones it rlly shouldn't be that much of a surprise.b:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh great... match (dot) com, PWI style.

I can see the video promos now:

<cheesy 1970's prOn music playing in background... bom-chicka-bow-wow>

So you are lonely and find yourself in need of a veno? Do you have a fantasy to see two venos together? Do you want to see her purge your unwanted buffs? Listen to her Amp all your manly damage and call us at 976-foxy.
    ($1.95 / minute you must be 18 or older to call offer void in Utah)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PWI might want to rethink that "Under 18" option.

I mean...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PWI might want to rethink that "Under 18" option.

I mean...

Jailb8?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You know I'm so gonna roll a barb, pwr lvl him up to get the new form and go by South Park name, Se#ual Harassment Panda. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I want to know how someone finds a mentor when there's no option for someone to look for a student.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    im not sure if anyone else tought about the time zones when ppl select their gaming times. due to different timezones ppl their times are ay different. ie when its 8 pm at my gf in CA it is 5 am for me in NL so if she would select her time evening and me morning the system would alrdy say we wont match on that while we do. they should put a tekst at it that ppl should base it on the server time. im sure alot of ppl will be matched wrong otherwise.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=986021

sounds like someone is about to be on the market f:leer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From what it looks like, "lover" isn't the only option.. and I see no problem with finding other players to farm with using such a match system.

Just don't check "lover".

I'll save the negativity for useful criticism.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I want to know how someone finds a mentor when there's no option for someone to look for a student.

I was wondering the same, actually...
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Under 18 option? lover option? you know something bad is going to happen.
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to PWI Dating game, Here is your host Chuck Woolery! Da da DA DA dun da duh.......b:laugh
  • Countessia - Dreamweaver
    Countessia - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013

well I did notice they had the character levels noted. Perhaps hook u up with higher lvl players? *shrug*

Am I the only one that nearly fell off my chair laughing that there is now a "find a lover" option? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The reward of patience is patience b:heart
    Thanks to Chibiusa for the pretty siggy b:cute
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well I did notice they had the character levels noted. Perhaps hook u up with higher lvl players? *shrug*

Am I the only one that nearly fell off my chair laughing that there is now a "find a lover" option? b:chuckle

Mmm we'll find ourselves a pair and have ourselves twice the fun :p
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I have the same question o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    Misturo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I would guess the times mean server time. So if for example its midnight server time, its your 9 am in NL. Which means youd put the evening or morning, and if theyre in USA or whatever, they put the morning too if theyre actually on during that. See my point right there? Just point out the server times, not your own times.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You know I'm so gonna roll a barb, pwr lvl him up to get the new form and go by South Park name, Se#ual Harassment Panda. b:chuckle

Then i`ll be the Don`t- go-swimming-right-after-you-ate mascot. b:avoid
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Most things, if not all, are based on the server time so I immediately knew it but I think a lot of people won't think about that and will just use their one timezone to judge. If they use the system, that is.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2013

So you are lonely and find yourself in need of a veno? Do you have a fantasy to see two venos together? Do you want to see her purge your unwanted buffs? Listen to her Amp all your manly damage and call us at 976-foxy.

ROFLMAO!

That's great.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree with those who are against the "find a lover" option in this matching system. A lot of inmature ppl, ( and i am not refering to kids mainly ), will use this option for the heck of having their own fun at the cost of perturbing others who are really interested in the game itself.

PWI must also realize that a vast portion of the gaming community is married in rl, therefore, this option will generate uncomfortabily and why not say it!, severe missunderstandings.

The point here is that the gaming community of this game, isn't prepared yet for this feauture and, if you don't belive on this, just look at the wc chatting everyday and you will have an idea of the mentality os some gamers.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a sneaking suspicion this lovers tab is going to end badly.

Must be a lot of hard up (no pun intended) Chinese dudes for Wanmei to even consider a lovers tab and under 18

You wan mei? I wan you! I love you long time!
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At least add country filters.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The next sale will be bride and groom packs
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    y4kuzi wrote: »
    At least add country filters.

Maybe timezones. Or continents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    It looks that most people are just using it for the laughs on my server so far.
  • Maharett - Sanctuary
    Maharett - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PWI can't give us new instances..o no..but they can make this a freaken dating site..wth..PWI way to make this game a joke.
  • Eruvanda - Dreamweaver
    Eruvanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agree....

WE WANT NEW INSTANCES DAMMIT... not a dating system... AND IF anything related to that, why not housing for the married couples.... we want instances/quests for high level people that are actually entertaining..
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pretty sure I've seen dudes show up (dude characters that is) on my Barb's find a lover list which I checked out for gits and shiggles - as did probably every other person on the server for some brief period of time.. So we have the game offering *** romance as a feature now it seems. Even if I'm mistaken on that -- well we all know that about half the female toons are played by males, myself included on most of my alts. So.. tell me again what the whole "dating" aspect of this feature is? I think someone has a ***** eye for the straight guy.. or maybe a straight eye for the ***** guy... Maybe it is meant just to help you find a toon to marry in game? Maybe barbs are ***.. who knows.??

Hell its still a video game. In honesty though I don't think many people will use the find a lover option in order to find a lover. There just isn't the level of personalization you would find on a dating site. Multiple choice click boxes listing things that, honestly, everyone does to some extent or another.. Oh well.

I've already had a PM from the match system though. Not sure what category it was for though, since I still have them all highlighted. if anything, it put me in contact with a potential new friend at a much faster rate than anyone decided to pm me in game about PQ 3 after reading my posts in QC about it.

*passes out drunk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013

That part is said 1 second