Arc FAQs -Updated 1.22.14

Comments

• Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    synchroze wrote: »
    They're not being ignored. I just haven't received any new information yet that I can share. I'm still waiting for new updates that I can officially post. For now I'm gathering the feedback from this thread and forwarding it along.

I am sure everyone realizes that you are not ignoring us but it is the people who are keeping you in the dark who are. With all the problems in the basic code of the game that are driving us all crazy, it is ridiculous to add another layer of flawed code that most people do not want.

If you want people to be comfortable with new software, please show that you have people who are able to write decent code by actually fixing the game. As a software engineer, I would have been fired if I released software with this many bugs to the client.
  • paternemo
    paternemo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    can i ask something......i download arc to play neverwinter....and when i open arc and start download neverwinter my internet goes off.....plzzz if you know anyone what to do tell me......btw this happens only in arc....thanks
  • Mariianna - Lost City
    Mariianna - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You aren't forced. I posted a workaround that uses the official download. Read the whole thread.

I ended up downloading Arc to see what it was like, but it never removed my Perfect World from before, so I still have both. It means that I can use Arc on my main account so I can tell time, and also level up a character on my other account.

@bluestuffzzz In some ways, PWE has been dying for a long time. Adding Arc to the official download selection just loses more of the actual hard core, hard working players that grind their levels and gear as much as possible instead of the people who take advantage of how much stuff that's easier to get when you pour real money into the game.
  • lonelydogg
    lonelydogg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    umm.... i've been a PWMY(PWE) player on cubizone for.....4 years i guess? (until the server closed that is) wondering if it is the same as PWI? if not, what is different?
  • kasumi19
    kasumi19 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    2008 MY for me perfectworld

Now wish to try it once again but force to go play it in China ...My Main facebook has so many on it that play Perfectworld games an Links to the game inc china

Now this new ARC Rubbish is a big put off for me ..

As i need to install it to download from PWI thats Sucks

I have upgrade to a new system at home much faster an higher video output but there know way i install this rubbish ..

So it hurt me alot an sadly it come down to removing the links to PWI ...in my facebook

I have surport perfectworld from 2008 now force to play another game out there ...

I have seen hunderds of friend exit an leave becouse know new mission an event an game cap at lvl 120 ...War of immortals is kinda Dead now ...

Yours Kasumi

PS i still not happy about change of email address as well

I have seen ticket after ticket to a blick wall as my other account email address change last year an you lot seen bend on not helping me one Bit b:angryb:angry
  • waldothe2nd
    waldothe2nd Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just got my new comptuer recently, and i've been Playing PWI going on 5 years now. You want an honest opinion from an old player. Using other softwear to run a game that could of been directly ran from the servers.. slows the game down even more, the download, everything. Which in turn, makes the game rather useless. Everyone could put up with the ridiculous updates in game, and across other games, because there may be something that comes out after it to make it at least partially worth it. But having a knock off of steam on my computer, NOT happening, Sorry folks.

StillBlue, Out.

Edit: I'll go back to EQ or Path of Exile untill DL is back for here. Best of luck...
  • joshuajesso
    joshuajesso Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys had a good thing going. The games were fine as they were, adding a unified game engine is just going to cause problems for new users. Especially an engine that is still imperfect and finicky to use. It wouldn't be so bad if the direct download and torrent download links were still an option but removing those completely has inhibited any new players from using your games because ARC is just so damn glitchy. At least give us a choice to use the program, don't force it on us when we were happy with what you had. There are so many other things you could be doing with your development team, like trying to fix problems in the current games, rather than adding these new things and causing more issues. We need this ARC thing about as much as we need the XBox one -_-
  • MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about the Achievements? and the tokens from it all? I just wanna know how are we supposed to get new Achievements when I already have a lvl 96 mystic? and when are the "new tokens" gonna be updated? I don't mind Arc, it seems like PWI downloaded faster on it and installed better using it then what it did just downloading PWI itself. and one more question while im at it....what do we do with the PW Lottery thingy we get twice a day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its nice that u guys have made a platform that is clearly so complicated and fail that half the people that play pwi dont use it or know what it is. On top of which u had to make a special section on the site specifically explaining it. And NOW you are going to make us DL it for the new update....pls explain ur reasoning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    still provides none of the answers we really want
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    still provides none of the answers we really want

It's not like he has any actual answers to begin with... He just has to take in all the hits while the cowardly devs are hiding somewhere afraid to even face us... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Nikitok - Raging Tide
    Nikitok - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is, what it is. PWE concerned about profitability. Fine!
    Call it Core or Arc or Arc Core, it doesn't really matter. The game is your ship and you are the captain.
    But, if we are getting more then one update per week, then it's not going to work for us.
    I truly hope, this isn't how we say good bye, after all this years.

BTW I quit CS because of steam and BF3 because of origin. Loved both games.

Fingers cross for r10 lol
    [SIGPIC]C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Desktop\pwi[/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still nothing from synch? Yikes. It's been a long time since Arc was released (few months ago), and since day one there has been issues. This is a serious failure on PWE's end, to force DRM on the player base that clearly doesn't want it and never has.

By now, there are well in the 50-70 thread range of various posts on these very forums about Arc and issues players have had... Literally 0 of them have a single response from PWE staff.

I'm assuming PWE has given up on listening to the player base at all? Judging by the fact that there is still no official direct download or torrent method available, and the only way to obtain a direct download is to scroll through various threads on the forums looking for Sylen's post.

You've pretty much killed the stream of any new players PWE. No one in 2013 will even attempt this game if they have to go through downloading and installing bloatware DRM in order to play a MMO. For the latest and greatest games on Steam, sure - but not MMORPGs, and especially not one pushing five years old.

This is a serious problem, and with PWE ignoring the player's concerns (yes synch, I know you've stated you're not ignoring the players. That doesn't change the fact that almost 100 threads on Arc have 0 responses from the company you work for, or that the very thread detailing how players are upset with this, has had a response a month for a while now), the game will surely only go further downhill.

At this rate, some of the larger private servers will have larger populations than the official servers. Heck, maybe they already do.

Just another rant at how PWE has dropped the metaphorical ball, which has dropped about one-hundred times now and is near shattering w/ this game.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • XxxLadyRebel - Heavens Tear
    XxxLadyRebel - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm using a medium-end computer and I have enough processes going without Arc... When I play a PWE game using Arc, my computer slows down a lot... Same with other gaming companies (AeriaIgnite, Steam, the new Xfire, etc.), I just can't run them WHILE playing a game.

So, when I want to play PWI, I just go into the C drive and open it by clicking on launcher.exe instead of opening Arc...And with Jade Dynasty, I just open patcher.exe (can't use launcher.exe). I haven't tried PWE's other games yet, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for them. :/ So the only time I get on Arc is to download games. That's it.

Pretty sad when I can have several tabs open in Google Chrome and play PWI and not have it lag that much, but playing PWI with Arc without Chrome up makes me lag really bad... I have 17 tabs open right now and I have the classic Xfire up and I can play PWI just fine. :/ Without Arc.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Arc sucks and you know it. b:bye

I mean. I'm a programmer, i know you guys must've spent a ****ing lot of time and money doing this **** but it's just a bad idea, it sucks real bad and it turns the player's experience into a pile of ****.

- Allow players to close Arc when a game is running
    - Make Arc install the direct shortcuts to the games
    - Make Arc configurations be passed when copying it to another machine OR make it rescan for Arc-compatible games somewhen.

Fix it or get rid of it. Its simple.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    this is more for the players then synchroze
    my questions to yall

1) wats with the keep a USB drive with ur files on it somewhere?
    ARC doesnt even seem to touch my PWI files. i srsly downloaded ARC and it connected automatically to my PWI files. wasnt even in the same folder/area as my PWI ones.
    2) how mny of yall have actually USED ARC?
    ive been using it for about 2 months now and i havent noticed a significant change in my gameplay. all its doing is staying on my computer while i play. its pretty harmless to be 100% honest
    3) whats the real reason yall dont want to use ARC?
    as i wrote above it doesnt seem to make any significant changes. when launching the game its just an extra step u have to take to get to the launcher. its even got a cool talk to your friends thing(like facebook does) which i havent been able to try out cuz noone else seems to have ARC.

Questions to Synchroze
    1) Is ARC going to become mandatory for all players?
    plz put some pressure on the higher ups to answer this.(even if u dont like usb:cry ik u have ppl in your other games asking this question)
    2)What "prizes" are available to ARC users?
    all i see is coupons for extra zen which since i like playing the game without cash shopping the coupons are pretty worthless

thats all my questions for now
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my questions to yall

ARC doesnt even seem to touch my PWI files. i srsly downloaded ARC and it connected automatically to my PWI files. wasnt even in the same folder/area as my PWI ones.
    ive been using it for about 2 months now and i havent noticed a significant change in my gameplay. all its doing is staying on my computer while i play. its pretty harmless to be 100% honest
    as i wrote above it doesnt seem to make any significant changes. when launching the game its just an extra step u have to take to get to the launcher. its even got a cool talk to your friends thing(like facebook does) which i havent been able to try out cuz noone else seems to have ARC.

In exact order based on your questions to the player base:

1.) The reason people are telling other players to keep a back-up copy of their game-files on USB drives, external drives, etc is due to Arc currently being mandatory via the official download method. As I'm sure you are aware, Arc is mandatory via the official download method, but it isn't currently needed after installing PWI. However, this is most definitely in the works, as another PWE title already forces the download/install of Arc to download and install the game, then to log into and boot up Arc in order to launch the patcher of the game, then to use the patcher to launch the client.

2.) I have installed Arc, which is a glorified beta product. Let's go over the main drawbacks of this DRM software:
    -Serves no purpose beyond hogging RAM on your CPU (low-end systems will suffer from even minimal RAM usage)
    -The direct download & official torrent method no longer works, so installing this software is mandatory in order to get PWI istalled
    -Arc was once called "Core Client". PWE's development team re-branded this piece of software as Arc a few months ago
    -Arc is a form of DRM. Much like Steam, however it's only used for PWE titles
    -This will deter more players from getting on PWI (mostly new players), because most MMORPGs in 2013 don't require a secondary patcher/DRM in order to play a game
    -We don't trust PWE. They have had a very poor support system, and have done horrid things in the past to their titles. Why would any player trust PWE to not monitor activities, or for their password/username database to not get compromised from Arc? Imagine the ****-hole they would be in if they somehow got ****.

3.) No one likes Arc because of the above comments in question #2's response. It wasn't needed for the first 4 1/2 years of playing PWE's titles, and one day they cut the direct download/torrent method and forced a DRM beta product on the player base. Since then, over 70 threads (count 'em, I dare ya!) have popped up under the technical support sub-section of PWI-Forums, resulting in 0 responses from PWE staff. A lot of people have had issues with Arc - both installing, and utilizing the software.

Either way you look at it, why would Arc be a good idea? It's more than just an extra step. It's a dumb idea to force this on the player base.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • XxxLadyRebel - Heavens Tear
    XxxLadyRebel - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my questions to yall

Questions to Synchroze
    1) Is ARC going to become mandatory for all players?
    plz put some pressure on the higher ups to answer this.(even if u dont like usb:cry ik u have ppl in your other games asking this question)
    2)What "prizes" are available to ARC users?
    all i see is coupons for extra zen which since i like playing the game without cash shopping the coupons are pretty worthless

thats all my questions for now

My answers:

1) I don't have a problem with this as I always just let it download the game to my default folder. >_> My USB drives are way too important to put PWI on them (I have other things on them) and my external hard-drive is nearly full with important stuff I back-up from my computer.

2)I used Arc for about a week when I downloaded it for the first time, and then tried it again a month or two later to see if they did anything to make it run better on my computer. The reason I had seen changes in my gameplay is because of my processor - it can't seem to handle two heavy programs at one time... That's also been the reason why I can't play a lot of other games on this computer, because of my processor. :( Everything else in my computer is perfect...

3)See number 2...
    edited October 2013
    Ok, my questions are not in the FAQs:

- Why do I need Arc if each game has their own patcher?
    - Why do I need to install Arc if I may eventually end up installing and using only 1 of PWE games?
    - Why don't Arc install direct shortcuts to the games?
    - Why does Arc need to be running when you start a game from it?
    - What does the Arc Service do?
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Now for a suggestion.

- Make Arc run on a standalone .exe file and be sure to make it install the game shortcuts on desktop and start menu.
    - Let Arc recognize installed games properly >_>
    - Make Arc able to update the games like the own gamepatcher would do, then run the game directly so the player doesnt need to launch a launcher to launch a game.
    - Make Arc close-able while game is running
    - For the sake of god, make its close button actually close it instead of minimizing it to system tray.

Well, i'd sure be less raging against Arc if it was like this, less invasive/imposing and more useful.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    trying to download arc on my notebook to see what its like, and after I finished downloading it, I click it and it doesn't work. Fix it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • porkey111
    porkey111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys im trying to download PWI and it is taking so much time b:cry b:cry b:cry please help me on how can i speed up arc or the download?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    trying to download arc on my notebook to see what its like, and after I finished downloading it, I click it and it doesn't work. Fix it!
    This would be an issue on your system, not with ARC.
    Post in the appropriate forum, and provide info.
    porkey111 wrote: »
    Hey guys im trying to download PWI and it is taking so much time b:cry b:cry b:cry please help me on how can i speed up arc or the download?
    Technically, no. The delay is either due to server load, your internet bandwidth/speed/connection/distance, or something like security software on your system slowing it down.

Details and alternatives are posted here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sandukutupu
    sandukutupu Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Arc Program keeps me from playing any PWE game not already installed to my system. In short, my games already installed (before this Arc) will launch and update with the old launcher. However I tried to install a game using Arc and it just failed on an EPIC scale.

The Arc Program is there to keep me from spending my money on PWE games, that is the best I can figure. I wonder how many potential users they lose daily from this software? I am an old woman and I don't have time to figure out how to use program A to make program B work. If someone at PWE reads this they may wish to know I am retired on a disability check. The money I spend monthly on gaming makes people cringe. Last year I spent over $250 on Farmville and $350 on a game called Guild Wars among others.

I admit I am a bit of a gaming junky but is Arc the rehab center?

NW_Banner.png
    The Dragon Hoard NW-DK7FW8UGP
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1006381

So I guess arc will be required in the future....>_<

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Weather its ARC or Steam e.t.c.

I do not, nor will I ever, play a game which requires any form of game management software, make it compulsory, and I will join the many others who are planning to go permanently as soon as it happens.

It may not matter to most what garbage they run on their machines, but to some of us old timers it does.

But once again its clear that in spite of using and gaming on PCs for ~30 years I still do not know what is best for me.

Its obvious, I have gotten to old to know all the answers like the youth seem too, therefore mine and others opinions like me should be ignored, what would we know.

I play only one PWI game now, what do I need all the other garbage for, nothing.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013

So, apparently after so much rant they still pretend they were listening, eh?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have just one question: What does the Enterprise have to do with arc...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Elirawin - Dreamweaver
    Elirawin - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have just one question: What does the Enterprise have to do with arc...?

If you moved your mouse cursor over all games at the top, the answer will be there! b:victory
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1006381

Thank god i intend to not play any other title pwe has its name attached to b:mischievous When arc goes mandatory... gone... if this new reincarnation update is what i think it is... gone...b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]