Any More New Races??

Options
JeanPhoenix - Lost City
JeanPhoenix - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Now please don't let the title mislead you i love the Races and classes that are here already, but i am curious if there will ever be any new ones? i love new things and i think it would be cool to see new Races and classes in the game. so the main question again, will we see any new Races and classes int he near or not near but not too distant future of PWI? f:ponder
Post edited by JeanPhoenix - Lost City on

Comments

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nope, 10 is max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    All the jobs are taken suppose if they add any class what they will do? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    All the jobs are taken suppose if they add any class what they will do? b:chuckle

That's what I was concerned about, even though it seems like more classes can't be implemented.

We have two healer classes both of which can, more or less, solo heal in most instances. We don't really need one more, I believe.

Venomancers are labeled as the main support/debuffer class so adding another "debuffer" class would either be weaker than Venomancers so maybe not really worth the time or better than Venomancers so then they would lose out the Venomancers would sorta lose their job/purpose.
    I just don't trust the developers coming out with a class that has useful debuffs whilst doesn't make another class' debuffs obsolete/worse.

Tanks, we have Barbarians, Seeker and to a lesser extent Blademasters. Although I wouldn't mind another tank class since I see a general shortage of those (regardless of R999 toons being able to tank pretty much).

What's left then it's DDs...but we already have a lot of DDs o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't believe in its current abilities the way the game is made can implement more.classes and races. Ten is the max.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Probably will be in the future
    After all in the past, players constantly complained about the race cap and have been proven wrong over and over again.
    If PW can handle all those catshops in arch, they can make room for another race.
    (Perhaps that's why they're making another shopping system) Finally...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't believe in its current abilities the way the game is made can implement more.classes and races. Ten is the max.
    Yes, and this is speaking feasibly -- another probable vs. possible debate I guess.

It is entirely possible to code the ability to add new races. The issue remains is merely about if the developers can code it, and if it's profitable enough for their developers to sift through code and code it.. depending on how complex the code is and how much time developers are paid for vs. how much time is needed to code it, profit margin might not be worth the financial liability from a business standpoint. Historically in PWI how things have gone is most effort is put into adding new items, namely cash shop items, and most new visual additions are recycled from existing graphics. Going much outside that doesn't seem profitable enough given the status of PWI relative to an MMO game cycle (aka life span).
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Now please don't let the title mislead you i love the Races and classes that are here already, but i am curious if there will ever be any new ones? i love new things and i think it would be cool to see new Races and classes in the game. so the main question again, will we see any new Races and classes int he near or not near but not too distant future of PWI? f:ponder

PayPal race confirmedb:bye
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Why do we need to add more? Is 10 classes/5 races not enough?
    Even when they pretty much fill all the roles required to some degree, fully represent the 5 Elements, and with players still complaining about imbalances between those who already exist?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    We don't need more races. I have enough alts as it is. Although if they made new ones id try them out anyone who knows me. Knows i would lol. But 10 classes is enough.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options

Even when they pretty much fill all the roles required to some degree, fully represent the 5 Elements, and with players still complaining about imbalances between those who already exist?

Gotta agree with this... if people are complaining about the imbalance of the existing classes (regardless of whether they are right or wrong) it's probably not a good idea ti implement yet another race with two classes...b:surrender
  • JeanPhoenix - Lost City
    JeanPhoenix - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I am not saying we need more classes or races i know that all the general needs are met, we have our healers our tanks our ranger etc... i was just thinking if they would ever add a new race class well, just because.
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    PayPal race confirmedb:bye

I laughed harder than I should have b:chuckle

Anyway, No new classes would be my bet.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

We might actually be getting new classes/races in the future. Here's some pictures of what I'm talking about:

http://blog-imgs-62.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/b986842bd40735fa101cbd899c510fb30e2408b4.jpg
    http://blog-imgs-62.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/1a64423d269759ee7abe93fbb0fb43166c22dfb6.jpg
    http://blog-imgs-62.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/ef64bc51f3deb48f2a8052eef21f3a292cf578b7.jpg

Source: http://rustrust.blog.fc2.com/
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options

Could just be NPCs considering the first one doesn't seem like the default body type they used in all classes (look at those shoes)...but hard to say P: just speculations.

I feel like the last one are fashion designs though o.o
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    bring us new classes or a new race in 2014
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Could just be NPCs considering the first one doesn't seem like the default body type they used in all classes (look at those shoes)...but hard to say P: just speculations.

I feel like the last one are fashion designs though o.o

I used a nifty translate for that page, it seems the poster is from PW Jp, and they found those images as a spoiler for the next update. Mind you, the rest of the blog seems interesting, they even have a walk-through with the new title quest system we haven't gotten yet.
    The 2 suspiciously looking images with whips and guns are very reminiscent of Japanese influence, especially the first one, she looks like an Oni. He/she also posted a new all class pet maybe, those are friggin cute, and the dungeon thing is promising. Since it's Japanese, maybe a certain foxy can help us better understand *cough*Mayfly*cough*

I think we need to summon Bubbles!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Do I see whips in that 2nd picture?
    Inb4 whip weapons implemented atlast x3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    found the same infos on Wanmei website. not sure if thats the traduction failing, but i saw 2 races and 4 classes >.>
    edited September 2013
    Options
    found the same infos on Wanmei website. not sure if thats the traduction failing, but i saw 2 races and 4 classes >.>

OMG seriously? I mean really? I'll have a joygasm when I wee an evil demonic race with horns that wields whips!!!! And the scepter wielding demon seem to levitate too ! OMG

Bubblesss!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    still checking and asking chinese friends, no sure about the 2 races / 4 classes part xD
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Before more new races (but no classes please >_>) skills need to be balanced, switched around and add more variety of classes for each race (which does different skills too) Kind of like FW.
    Sage barb in progress.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Before more new races (but no classes please >_>) skills need to be balanced, switched around and add more variety of classes for each race (which does different skills too) Kind of like FW.

I really hate the skill system for FW, it is really annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Shameless bump: any news on the probably- npc- but- we- wish- they- were- new- races- and- classes images?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunt - Raging Tide
    Hunt - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    They should make new class/race,cause if there's no new races/classes/skills for each class/maps for years - you can officially say that that game is going to die (as everyone says it is since begining,but then for real)b:shocked
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    They should make new class/race,cause if there's no new races/classes/skills for each class/maps for years - you can officially say that that game is going to die (as everyone says it is since begining,but then for real)b:shocked

>What is Descent/Sirens of War (minus new Class/Race)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Psy are a semi healer class and better if you sage
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

If you look at the map, you can really see there is something like 10'ish more map expansions to come. The possibility of new races are quite high.

Just like how becoming sage or demon depends on your play style even though the same class; new races and classes could be just like that. Essentially almost the same but different play style and look.

Those pictures are very interesting though what ever the reason maybe.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If you look at the map, you can really see there is something like 10'ish more map expansions to come. The possibility of new races are quite high.

Just like how becoming sage or demon depends on your play style even though the same class; new races and classes could be just like that. Essentially almost the same but different play style and look.

Those pictures are very interesting though what ever the reason maybe.

The possibility is only high if they completely re-write the original game code to expand the current limitations of 10 variants.

I have a lot of doubts on the Dev's being knowledgeable enough to do that. I know of several failed attempts on private servers though, and they tend to do more with the game than our Dev's do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That male fash looks somewhat cool.

True. Only time will tell though lol. It is possible that they are the new fash and wep fash too.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz