Is Russia banned AGAIN?

Options
fatredcat
fatredcat Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
t's a long time I registered on PWI. I registered before playing from Russia has been stated forbidden. Then you gave us a promise to do not ban all of us who registered before this statement. So... why have I received a message "Your account ... has been suspended for logging in from a banned region or an open proxy."? Is it a mistake or a new policy?
Post edited by fatredcat on

Comments

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    im not russian, but i would like an answer as well. a lot of russian players getting banned.

no official statement has been made so why? why change now? please synchroze give us an answer? or pwe staff doesnt care at all?

oh and i hope mods wont close this because "we are not allowed to discuss bans on forums". that would be stupid

hope its not related to the USA vs Russia politics
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    "

These countries are banned regions for Perfect World Entertainment:

China

Hong Kong

Macau

South Korea

Taiwan

Vietnam

Russia

Egypt
    Japan (banned only for Rusty Hearts)

Unfortunately, we are unable to allow new registrations from these regions.

We are obligated to block regions which have their own localization of certain games. Some regions are also blocked for administrative reasons. The same regions are blocked for all of our games."

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1635/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3OTYwNjI3OC9zaWQvZnVDMndKQWw%3D
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah my girl is also banned with the same reasons, it would be nice if some one answers soon on this matter, a LOT of people have spent a LOT of time, effort and Real Life cash to this game, getting their accounts banned suddenly doesn't seem to be a nice thing.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I can understand if they had set these region rules from the outset, but it is highly unfair to ban people that have been playing (and spending money) here for years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Eh I'd wait for an official statement if I was you. Raging isn't going to help and it might just be a mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    im not russian, but i would like an answer as well. a lot of russian players getting banned.

no official statement has been made so why? why change now? please synchroze give us an answer? or pwe staff doesnt care at all?

oh and i hope mods wont close this because "we are not allowed to discuss bans on forums". that would be stupid

hope its not related to the USA vs Russia politics

Russians have their own version of PWI, but so do BR players yet they can still play here, seems weird.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    "

These countries are banned regions for Perfect World Entertainment:

China

Hong Kong

Macau

South Korea

Taiwan

Vietnam

Russia

Egypt
    Japan (banned only for Rusty Hearts)

Unfortunately, we are unable to allow new registrations from these regions.

We are obligated to block regions which have their own localization of certain games. Some regions are also blocked for administrative reasons. The same regions are blocked for all of our games."

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1635/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3OTYwNjI3OC9zaWQvZnVDMndKQWw%3D

What a useless post.

The OP said that he is from Russia and he registered here before Russia was a banned region. PW promised all Russians to let them keep playing here if they had registered before this change occurred, because originally Russians were allowed to play here.

If PW suddenly made a change of policy they should at least had said it.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Just for information there is already a thread about that and maybe this is better to gather everything in the same thread

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1629051
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Russians have their own version of PWI, but so do BR players yet they can still play here, seems weird.

by USA vs Russia i meant the current problem with Siria
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    by USA vs Russia i meant the current problem with Siria

Dont make this political
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Dont make this political

why not? who knows what PWE got told to suddenly ban every russian player, weirdly when this issue occurs
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    why not? who knows what PWE got told to suddenly ban every russian player, weirdly when this issue occurs

Let me share a personal experience with you all which happened this year itself but a few months back during one of the numerous 2x.

I got banned cause of open proxy. Open proxy happens when my comp restarts by itself or shuts down due to power cut. So i got banned, i send a ticket, and it was around 4-5 hrs before the Office of pwi opens.

After an hour or so of me getting banned, the pwi game servers started getting some issues related to user log ins and stuff. Something hit my mind and i thought of trying to log back in.

I tried, and to my great disbelieve i cud log back in to the game, i played for another hour or 2 and then when i tried getting back in again, said i was banned.

After when the office opened, the gm spoke to me through email's and i got my account permanantly unbanned from the open proxy issue.

This tells me that at times there are tehcnical issues which gets a regular player banned, and a banned player unbanned. Just wait for a response we will see whats happening..
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Let me share a personal experience with you all which happened this year itself but a few months back during one of the numerous 2x.

I got banned cause of open proxy. Open proxy happens when my comp restarts by itself or shuts down due to power cut. So i got banned, i send a ticket, and it was around 4-5 hrs before the Office of pwi opens.

After an hour or so of me getting banned, the pwi game servers started getting some issues related to user log ins and stuff. Something hit my mind and i thought of trying to log back in.

I tried, and to my great disbelieve i cud log back in to the game, i played for another hour or 2 and then when i tried getting back in again, said i was banned.

After when the office opened, the gm spoke to me through email's and i got my account permanantly unbanned from the open proxy issue.

This tells me that at times there are tehcnical issues which gets a regular player banned, and a banned player unbanned. Just wait for a response we will see whats happening..

proxy ban or region ban is not the same at all. you cant compare.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    proxy ban or region ban is not the same at all. you cant compare.

i wasn't trying to focus on proxy ban, what i wanted to point out is that

i was banned, and before even i spoke to a GM or got a response form them, i was able to play the game for a few hrs inbetween, which i think was not how its meant to be right ? then again i cudnt log to the game till i spoke to the GM's

I just wanted to point out that to this issue atm, the most possible answer is a technical fault from pwi end, something went wrong with some code or something went wrong all together and the accounts got banned. If it WERE to be a change in ToS, wudnt it happen right after the server maint ? why wait a day to get people banned ? Just wait things will be sorted out thats all
    edited September 2013
    Options
    a technical fault doesnt appear if you dont touch anything b:laugh

good luck having GM or CM answering us fast enough before ppl start to wonder why all those bans happened b:shocked
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    a technical fault doesnt appear if you dont touch anything b:laugh

good luck having GM or CM answering us fast enough before ppl start to wonder why all those bans happened b:shocked

my guess to earliest response is 45 mins from now
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    BDoomed I am sure there are a ton of stories about good things PWE have done and also some very bad things as well.

For example I was banned once randomly. When I got an answer to the ticket that person lied to me. I told that person it was not possible and that person then made false accusations towards me about sharing my account and trying to buy gold from a third party. Little did he know that I had never shared any login information with anyone and that I had only logged on from one single computer in all the years of playing.

Still he tried to convince me of his lie.

So would I be surprised if PWE did something like this to all their russian players? no I would not.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    BDoomed I am sure there are a ton of stories about good things PWE have done and also some very bad things as well.

For example I was banned once randomly. When I got an answer to the ticket that person lied to me. I told that person it was not possible and that person then made false accusations towards me about sharing my account and trying to buy gold from a third party. Little did he know that I had never shared any login information with anyone and that I had only logged on from one single computer in all the years of playing.

Still he tried to convince me of his lie.

So would I be surprised if PWE did something like this to all their russian players? no I would not.

we all have our bitter and sweet experiences with PWI, dont you think i only got good ones with them, even i faced hell with them and gave them hell in return as well, i at times wonder if they stopped their online LIVE chat system for me or what ?

Anyways keeping everything aside, there are certain aspects about this issue which makes it not like pwi. Keeping in mind the time of people banned, the amount of people banned, makes me wonder that its a technical problem. Will have to wait and seee, right now we cant do anything else other than waiting. i am waiting for a response from them in my ticket. Lets see
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Of what i understand from this thread,

Banned Countries

Egypt and Russia are the ones which have limited access to them, and by limited access you mean, none of these countries will be allowed to make/register a new account but will be allowed to use their existing accounts.

So why on earth is only Russia effected and NOT Egypt ?

what in the hell are you all doing up there ? and what is this, the community manager still doesn't respond ? You didn't receive your pay check for this week yet or what ?

Where are those Moderators even ?
  • Skyforger - Dreamweaver
    Skyforger - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Apparently there is a reason. At least Dreamweaver server I really see a few active clans in Russia, do not know how other servers. Try to seek help from the support, the details are just something to say.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Still no update from PWE about this issue?
  • HepoMaHTuka - Dreamweaver
    HepoMaHTuka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hi, guys! Thanks for supporting us. (I'm the OP of this thread. Sorry, I forget to choose an avatar at first f:defeat).
    No, there is still no answer. I wrote an email to support, and got only autoreply "Your question has been received". There is a rumour that somebody was unbanned. So we are waiting and hoping. foxy alone
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm unbanned. Just be patient, they will answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

I was wondering if this had affected youb:shocked

Glad you are unbanned now.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was wondering if this had affected youb:shocked

Glad you are unbanned now.
    Of course, i'm not that special to be unaffected b:laugh
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Someone from my faction was also unbanned :) Just gotta convince them that you started playing before pw-russia existed and they should un-ban you
  • CivilioN - Raging Tide
    CivilioN - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    yes unbanned and now we can`t enter on site/forum PWI . . . need use proxy-server, why? its says so:
    *Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies.*
    if u think its nice?nop . . . can`t send bless etc!
    P.S. - b4 ban ours old accounts we was can enter on site as well, now can`t.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    yes unbanned and now we can`t enter on site/forum PWI . . .
    Of course i don't think it's nice. Send a ticket again, if you just complain on forum it won't help. If many people let them know we have problem they will fix it sooner, hopefully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • CivilioN - Raging Tide
    CivilioN - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Of course i don't think it's nice. Send a ticket again, if you just complain on forum it won't help. If many people let them know we have problem they will fix it sooner, hopefully.
    when i was send 1st ticket about `can`t enter in *My Account* but still was can log in on site PWI`, after this . . . we was have banned us accounts, ik nice answer from PWI support b:victory
    P.S. send more and more tickets, will ban more and more ppls!
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    when i was send 1st ticket about `can`t enter in *My Account* but still was can log in on site PWI`, after this . . . we was have banned us accounts, ik nice answer from PWI support b:victory
    P.S. send more and more tickets, will ban more and more ppls!
    To be honest i hardly understand what you write b:faint And considering this i assume there was some misunderstanding between you and support. You can talk russian to me, better in pm if you want to discuss the issue, i can help.
    //
    Просто так без причины не банят кого попало. Напиши мне в пм, если нужна помощь по общению с техподдержкой.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise