what type of g16?

CooIGuy - Archosaur
CooIGuy - Archosaur Posts: 103 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Blademaster
which 1 is more suited for a blademaster , dual axes or dual hammers? i like the spike dmg of axes but i also like the looks of the hammers so cant decide b:sad
Post edited by CooIGuy - Archosaur on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    -Edited because i was saying **** xD-
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BMs can use axes or hammers both just like a barb. They are essentially the same thing.

When its about difference between dual axes and hammers, just like between fists and claws, the differences are small so looks can be an important factor :) Besides looks, you choose between a weapon with small min-max damage range or a big one. The average dmg is the same. One needs a tad bit more str than the other, but str is good to have anyway so who cares ?

I see almost everyone use the Unicorn Tragedy. Unfortunately i am one of them. I want to trade mine for a resonance of pride because imo that is the better weapon for PvE. When i hit something, i want to know for how much i am going to hit it. When i see a mob with X HPs, i want to know what attacks i need to do to kill it. Gambling is no good here. This is of course not always important. When i am farming in OHT, it doesnt really matter than a single sunder only kills the mobs 90% of the time. Takes 1 second to add another attack. However when you do things that are at the limit of your ability like TM runs, PV or maybe some situations where you want to AOE a room of mobs in TT3-3, you want no surprises.

For your BM its the same imo. Resonance of Pride is more suited for PvE. For PvP people seem to prefer spike damage. I am not experienced enough in pvp to say how much of this is reason and how much of this is "i want to see a big as possible number".
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why would you like those...weird glowstick/lolipops? Axes look decent; poleaxe looks decent, poleham looks decent
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As stated above, it's really just a preference on range. There is like a 4 strength/dex difference but you'll want dex at 60-200 anyways, and probably want strength much higher than minimum also.

So spike or consistant damage? Axes have crazy range and some times you have regular high-end attacks higher than your regular low-end crits. For PvP it's a benefit having the spike because a few high-end attacks can finish most people, and a high-end crit is often as good as a zerk crit. For PvE I still prefer axes because I like big numbers. Hitting a mob for 30k then hitting the same mob for 182k gives me a lol and sometimes saves me an extra hit, but just as often I get 2x 30k hits and end up having to hit an extra time, too. I think it was WannaBe who knew his aoe combo for FCC and wanted consistant damage because he wanted to know "these 4 attacks kill 100% of the mobs" rather then it taking maybe 2 attacks or maybe 6 attacks.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Another good reason i like the consistency is for when you work together BM and barb. The BMs HF does quite some damage itself and you dont want agro, but you want to cast it before the barb casts armageddon. It is nice to know what attack(s) the invoked barb needs to do before you can safely HF. The more consistent both your weapon damages are, the easier that is.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another good reason i like the consistency is for when you work together BM and barb. The BMs HF does quite some damage itself and you dont want agro, but you want to cast it before the barb casts armageddon. It is nice to know what attack(s) the invoked barb needs to do before you can safely HF. The more consistent both your weapon damages are, the easier that is.

I suppose the counter argument to this is axe damage is likely to either be:

Low- not getting aggro
    Medium/consistent- similar to the hammer damage anyway
    High- likely to kill most the mobs anyways, and dead mobs don't hurt much.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    CooIGuy - Archosaur Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thanks for the answer guys
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    I suppose the counter argument to this is axe damage is likely to either be:

Low- not getting aggro
    Medium/consistent- similar to the hammer damage anyway
    High- likely to kill most the mobs anyways, and dead mobs don't hurt much.

sure dude