Meridian problem (doesn't involve gates)

Options
Sugar_Free_ - Heavens Tear
Sugar_Free_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Support Desk
Hi guys, I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong? I have re-patched and verified my client prior to posting this. My meridian wont open, there are no dots/constalation points over my silhouette, when i click the silhouette nothing comes up, no windows open. I did all the quests in dreaming cloud up to and including the essence, and it still wont open, I have plenty of holy/mystical pills and am level 90. Any help?
Sugar_Free_

Future Karma Prospect
Long time Legend
Assassin Prodigy
Stunlocked Mac User
Post edited by Sugar_Free_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Seems this is a gameplay issue so i guess you should try submitting a ticket. See what the GMs have to say about this try include screenshot of this bug. Also Search The Forum see if this problem has occured to anyone else before or not ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Haven't really tried to find out what is wrong. Thought it could be something related the fact that I am running the game on Linux.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what resolution are you guys running at? maybe the window is appearing, but it's offscreen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Custom window mode but I tried different resolutions.
  • Eklykti - Dreamweaver
    Eklykti - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have the same problem (not on PWI, but just updated to 1.5.0). No 'constellation', just flashing silhouette and nothing happens when clicking on it. Wine 1.6.0, nothing suspicious in the console output.

If somebody found a solution, please post it here
  • Caleon - Dreamweaver
    Caleon - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    +follow
    same problem, both new and old toons
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i also run on linux thru wine. cannot do meridian, it won't open so i dual boot and use windows to update meridian. haven't found a fix using linux and wine.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah I have to run it through a VM to open that window. Wine isn't working for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Eklykti - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Some more info

Running with console, d_uidebug 1 and moving mouse over the inventory looks like there is no button at all, the information displayed over silhouette is exactly the same as over empty space in the inventory.

However, running on VirtualBox shows me the same flashing (why flashing? youtube video from recent Nation Wars did't show any flashing) silhouette as on Wine, but constellation appears on hover and Meridian seems to work, I have 5k HP self now lol (No cheap rep and R9 on Russian servers).

Hope this will not be deleted by moderators and will help someone to find what's the problem.

Possible somebody who knows more than me how the client works will post a bugreport to Wine developers?

Upd.: It's not flashin anymore after I opened some points, but still not working on Wine.
  • Eklykti - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OK, according to Asterelle's post in another thread:
    Here's the problematic code
    <STILLIMAGEBUTTON Name="Btn_Meridians" x="112" y="58" Width="110" Height="189"[COLOR="Red"] Anomaly="true"[/COLOR]>

I suspected something like this, but didn't try to really change it because client modification is prohibited.

But, after this confirmation about the problematic code, I tried to create a patch for Wine.

Unfortunately I could't find how exactly elementclient is parsing its interface files, seems that it doesn't use msxml, but some internal xml parser implementation.

But, after parsing gigs of WINEDEBUG=trace+all logs, I found some calls to msvcrt._wcsicmp compairing different string (looking like xml attributes from these configuration files) to "Anomaly".

And, as a result of hard work, there is a very dirty **** for Wine making all string compares to "Anomaly" fail. So, elementclient's XML parser cannot find the Anomaly attribute and the button becomes accessible for clicks.

The patch is here: https://gist.github.com/infoman/8005131/raw/f12597e40a30c6b76a82607f1b09c71cba6c59ac/pw-anomalies-workaround.patch
    Apply it from unpacked Wine source directory:
    patch -p0 < path/to/pw-anomalies-workaround.patch

Or, if you are a Gentoo user, just put it to /etc/portage/patches/app-emulation/wine and Portage will apply it for you automatically when you do emerge wine.

Then, run elementclient with I_HAVE_THE_BOLTS=1 environment variable, something like:

I_HAVE_THE_BOLTS=1 wine explorer "/desktop=$(date +%s),1680x1050" elementclient.exe startbypatcher

And the Meridians button will be available for you.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OK, according to Asterelle's post in another thread:

I suspected something like this, but didn't try to really change it because client modification is prohibited.

But, after this confirmation about the problematic code, I tried to create a patch for Wine.

Unfortunately I could't find how exactly elementclient is parsing its interface files, seems that it doesn't use msxml, but some internal xml parser implementation.

But, after parsing gigs of WINEDEBUG=trace+all logs, I found some calls to msvcrt._wcsicmp compairing different string (looking like xml attributes from these configuration files) to "Anomaly".

And, as a result of hard work, there is a very dirty **** for Wine making all string compares to "Anomaly" fail. So, elementclient's XML parser cannot find the Anomaly attribute and the button becomes accessible for clicks.

The patch is here:

https://gist.github.com/infoman/8005...rkaround.patch

Apply it from unpacked Wine source directory:

Or, if you are a Gentoo user, just put it to /etc/portage/patches/app-emulation/wine and Portage will apply it for you automatically when you do emerge wine.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Eklykti - Dreamweaver replied to a message that was 2 months 22 days 10 hours 59 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451