Clerics

Options
coolone3
coolone3 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Cleric
HI
I wanted to ask..
Why wont you guys make a shield for a cleric with phys Def
I know its a Chinese based game and all but clerics have Low phys def and it would be awesome to have a glaive or a sword in the other hand a shield b:cool so think about it..
it would be awesome for all the players and dont make then for lvl 100+ make them for all levels so the lower levels get a taste also!:D
Post edited by coolone3 on

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If they have to carry something in the other hand then how will they pick their nose when in BB b:chuckle
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Dat's what plume shell is for though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It's hard to carry a shield and run in high heels... Where would the shield go when we bb'd?

Shields have been suggested many times in this game, as well as 2 handed weapons with higher damage. PWI has no interest and it'd honestly change the dynamics of the game hugely.

Clerics have Plume Shell, Wings of Protection, Guardian Light as magical shields. You also can sleep/freeze mobs, and at level 100 can get Seal of the God that is like a 15 second stun -.-. If you're in bb damage is reduced by half. You also get Pious Blessing, that saves you from dieing within 12 seconds of casting then you get 50% of your hp back.

You also have a genie with probably 25 defensive options. There are probably about 12 good defensive options with apothecary goods.

And of course, there is endgame gear. Purify proc was voted to be too OP and should be changed/removed but it wasn't and cleric's get that. No reason they should be caught stunned or in melee range, and most the time amps and debuffs are purified before you can properly use them. Half the time, HFing a cleric just causes the purify to proc. Endgame casters also get defenses rivaling BMs or Barbs in human form, with the option of massive self heals. You get a purge on a cleric? Yah, they instantly rebuff themselves.

Yah... cleric's aren't too squishy. Get 4.5k hp and you can solo your own BH69s. At level 90 you can pull your own frosts, and at r9t3 clerics are one of the hardest casters to kill in game.

The number one reason I see clerics complain about squishiness is because they're wearing magic ornaments. Cleric's should wear physical ornies and refine them decently.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Shield is a great idea- i always carry my weapon one handed anyway!

Also I have 8 fingers spare which I can put rings on- PWI LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN! b:angry
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    and lets not forget pdef buff and extra bonus if sage...
    in any case, games with heavy armor/shield clerics typically have decent healing aggro and by decent I mean that if you heal someone twice you have the whole horde of mobs+boss on you.
    The number one reason I see clerics complain about squishiness is because they're wearing magic ornaments. Cleric's should wear physical ornies and refine them decently.

so you haven't met evasion orn clerics? they are a delight!
    you only purge once #yopo
  • leitemagro
    leitemagro Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I always use phisical defense belt/neck but rings magic, switching for channeling elemental when on only healing purpose.
    It work very well for me. I cast so many times the plume shell and even lvl79 over it when need. It works wonderful most of times not need to heal when have the shields up.

Never use evasion and not sure will help - want to tell us put experience ?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    leitemagro wrote: »

Don't you think he was kidding about that because someone was talking about magic ornaments ?

I think I never saw any arcane armor player (even dumbest ones) not using physical defense belt/necklace in PVP... Maybe you could rarely switch to channeling elemental ones in some situations but you will obviously use phy ones 99% of the time
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    FacerolI (not boogiepanda) swaps -chan gear to cast an ulti and switches back to full r9rr after channeling starts. That could work if your ulti is slow enough
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    and lets not forget pdef buff and extra bonus if sage...

Demon Stream gives the same pdef bonus as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    leitemagro wrote: »
    I always use phisical defense belt/neck but rings magic, switching for channeling elemental when on only healing purpose.
    It work very well for me. I cast so many times the plume shell and even lvl79 over it when need. It works wonderful most of times not need to heal when have the shields up.

Don't you think he was kidding about that because someone was talking about magic ornaments ?

I think I never saw any arcane armor player (even dumbest ones) not using physical defense belt/necklace in PVP... Maybe you could rarely switch to channeling elemental ones in some situations but you will obviously use phy ones 99% of the time

erm. evasion orns suck. still I see people (clerics!) with those.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lawd, mace and shield DnD clerics
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lawd, mace and shield DnD clerics

I'd love to have a shield but i'll stick to my axes...
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    l already have a shield - a def lvl wep that does nothing for my attack.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*