Amount of new legendaries on your server?

Options
Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Venomancer
This is out of pure curiosity but I'd like to know how many Venomancers have one or both of the new legendary pets across the servers f:stare

As far as I've seen on Sanctuary there are about 4 Venomancers, including myself, that have the Harpy. I don't know if there's more but that's what I've seen thus far.

There are about 2 known Monkey owners on my server as well.

I'm curious to see if the two new pets are more popular on other severs or not, as well as how many choose the PvP one, Monkey, and how many choose the PvE one, Harpy.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nice idea!
    Seems the Arch server is richer then, I've seen around 6 harpys and 2-3 monkeys, I think. I know two venos that have both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That's quite a bit xD
    I don't know anyone on my server that has both of them yet. I know someone who's thinking of buying both but they said they'll wait for a sale or they'll just buy the Monkey for now.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That's quite a bit xD
    I don't know anyone on my server that has both of them yet. I know someone who's thinking of buying both but they said they'll wait for a sale or they'll just buy the Monkey for now.

The 2 I saw had both are among the top pvpers, plus they have maxed their gears and can pretty much afford anything when they want.
    I'm still saving up, I think I'll have enough by next year b:victory .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hmm Sanc got that interesting cream legendary pet ;o Shame it's married to a pig though. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have the harpy on Raging Tide. A friend has the monkey, and I've heard of one other monkey, but I'm really not that social so don't know how many others there may be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I haven't seen any harpies, but there's like four monkey kings running around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Woodmancer - Sanctuary
    Woodmancer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i had monkey king, but i still thinking did it usefull on pve server???
    because i see other veno prefer harpy on pve server
    b:embarrassb:embarrassb:embarrass
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I know of at least 1 harpy on Harshlands.

As far as I know Eo's number of 4 is correct for Monkey Kings.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have only seen one monkey when fighting in NW, and it seemed way less good for that than the nix. Apparently there are more of em, as well as a harpy around. But I never seen them
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Looks like 5 Harpies in Sanctuary, saw another one today P:
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Quit licking your nose, use a handkerchief like a civilized shape-shifter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Quit licking your nose, use a handkerchief like a civilized shape-shifter.

Yes, m'am b:sad
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have only seen one monkey when fighting in NW, and it seemed way less good for that than the nix. Apparently there are more of em, as well as a harpy around. But I never seen them

Do what? O.o

I'll take a self healing tank with 2 stuns any day. I don't even use my nix anymore, except at phy immune twin in AEU (fireball works, none of monkey's attacks do)
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Again, I said it was in NW. A self healing tank isnt very effective there compared to a dedicated DD pet. The evolved nix skill is also really yummy for taking out flying clerics or archers, hitting a full G16 archer for a total of 9k+ before he even hit the ground.

And a tank pet in PvE is kinda dated as is, we arent the tankers and soloers we used to be, thats gone to the sins now.

Im kinda wondering how good the Harpy is in PvP tho, as the monkey didnt seem very scary

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Monkey is tanky but I wouldn't classify it as a tank pet honestly. It's not very useful in PvE either way. If you don't plan to PvP with it there is no reason to get one. It can never achieve the tankyness of an evolved Hercules and its AOE stun is only use-able on players. You'd need to teach it skills like Strong/Protect but that would cost you as much as 2 Hercules (pet + pet skills).

If I had one myself I'd use it for PvP for the stun, freeze and AOE stun..essentially as an effective stun-locking pet with Howl (I'd unlearn Flesh Ream and replace it with Howl). Phoenix would become a back-up pet for me since it has only one stun. I don't rely much on pet damage so I'd rather have a full support pet instead.

Also, with 100% inherit for Attack and Attack levels, I think it's a better DD pet than the Phoenix provided you get a good roll on the stats. Phoenix only gets 75/90 respectively. This is nitpicking though.

Harpy's not a PvP pet whatsoever, it only has PvE purposes.

I made a review for both pets here.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I like to have a dedicated dd pet cause of the speed and attack type. People still dun seem used to that the pets matter again, and will often ignore my pets entirely. Since the classes Id have to get close to for full damage (note that Im a heavy armor user, making my p.atk. high) are AA, the pet damage is a noticeable difference. The fire skill is also very useful for taking on some HA, but them I can generally cast at and try hold some distance to.

Most classes have effective anti stuns, and AD or IG is always close to the mouse button with a veno around (out of my experience) making the pet stuns kinda useless in my eyes

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Monkey is tanky but I wouldn't classify it as a tank pet honestly. It's not very useful in PvE either way. If you don't plan to PvP with it there is no reason to get one. It can never achieve the tankyness of an evolved Hercules and its AOE stun is only use-able on players. You'd need to teach it skills like Strong/Protect but that would cost you as much as 2 Hercules (pet + pet skills).

If I had one myself I'd use it for PvP for the stun, freeze and AOE stun..essentially as an effective stun-locking pet with Howl (I'd unlearn Flesh Ream and replace it with Howl). Phoenix would become a back-up pet for me since it has only one stun. I don't rely much on pet damage so I'd rather have a full support pet instead.

Also, with 100% inherit for Attack and Attack levels, I think it's a better DD pet than the Phoenix provided you get a good roll on the stats. Phoenix only gets 75/90 respectively. This is nitpicking though.

Harpy's not a PvP pet whatsoever, it only has PvE purposes.

I made a review for both pets here.

I wasn't referring to PvE, I was referring to the fact nixes get one shot, versus the monkey rarely does.

And yes, I have a pretty good roll on monkey's stats.

Considering 90% of what I do is PvP (I'm not on a PvE server) I can safely assess the usefulness of monkey versus nix.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Actually the Phoenix can survive an average of 2-3 shots provided you have Mind or high level Ghost including a good roll on HP/Defence/Defence lvl but I can also confirm the Monkey being tankier based on what my game husband (who owns one) has showed me.

The PVE part I mentioned was towards other posters, not your per se.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    My nix rarely diea from a 1 shot, so I dont see the arguement that the monkey wins entirely in pvp vs. A nix bazed on that. To me they seem to fill different purposes. I just find the monkey's pvp purpose to be less scary than a nix'.

• AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    My nix rarely diea from a 1 shot, so I dont see the arguement that the monkey wins entirely in pvp vs. A nix bazed on that. To me they seem to fill different purposes. I just find the monkey's pvp purpose to be less scary than a nix'.

Nixes don't hurt at all anymore, and have one stun.

Avatar of War has a paralyze and 2 stuns which is way scarier than a puny nix. I guess you will learn that once you either get one/or learn how to use it.

EDIT: wasn't meant to sound rude...just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nixes don't hurt at all anymore, and have one stun.

Tell it to the G16 archer taking 9k damage from a nix. If youre R9rr or loaded with def levels, then no, a nix wont hurt. But neither will a G16 Veno either. Maybe its cause that the nix got the effectiveness I need, especially with its fire damage skill dealing 400% to flying targets, it just becomes too ideal to take out flying elves. The monkey kings stuns are a nuiscance at best, at as I said before: easily countered by most classes even without apo. And if I really need to stun someone, then Im confident my own spells and, if need be, genie skills will hold whoever in check long enough for me to do what I intended to do

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Let's not derail the thread Dx
  • OrangeChkn - Sanctuary
    OrangeChkn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Tell it to the G16 archer taking 9k damage from a nix. If youre R9rr or loaded with def levels, then no, a nix wont hurt. But neither will a G16 Veno either. Maybe its cause that the nix got the effectiveness I need, especially with its fire damage skill dealing 400% to flying targets, it just becomes too ideal to take out flying elves. The monkey kings stuns are a nuiscance at best, at as I said before: easily countered by most classes even without apo. And if I really need to stun someone, then Im confident my own spells and, if need be, genie skills will hold whoever in check long enough for me to do what I intended to do

I'm glad someone else brought up the redundancy of legendary pets. Although I can't argue that harpy is the best pet in PVE, I feel that people didn't get their money's worth when it comes to nix and monkey for PVP. With the pet evolution update, I am disappointed that a lot of people did not pay attention to the stats and abilities of the older pets.

I prefer using Lil' Dolphy over any of the legendary pets, nix, monkey, etc for PVP. I am a 800+ mag build veno and I'm confident in my personal DD abilities not to rely on pets to DD for me (in R9R2 matchups where the pets don't do significant damage). At endgame gear, you'd see that using a pet for dmg is as old school as using genie skills for dmg.

Also, I agree that stuns are pretty useless due to the amount of anti-stun abilities in the game. Lil' Dolphy has a unique PVP-enabled knockback skill that interrupts every 15 seconds through anti-stun compared to pounce which is 60 seconds. The knockback is also extremely useful against melee opponents because they can never maintain a consistent stun lock with an interrupt that can not be prevented with antistun/antiseal.

Knocking back catapults in TW every 15 sec? Yes please.

Do not think Lil' Dolphy is a 1 shot either. After stacking faction base pet scrolls in addition to a mood with "mind (55% dmg reduction from players)", my pig pet is tankier than the default monkey and nix (even if they obtain PVP moods).
    Lil' Dolphy takes 650 base dmg from R9R2+12 sin, while the monkey takes 1100.

While I'm not saying monkey or nix are bad choices for pets, I personally would use Lil' Dolphy over any of the legendary pets available. Everyone has their own style though.

On topic: I'm a monkey owner on my server, reporting for duty. b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I see what you did there.

Back on topic now! I don't want this to get locked xD
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I wasn't referring to PvE, I was referring to the fact nixes get one shot, versus the monkey rarely does.

And yes, I have a pretty good roll on monkey's stats.

Considering 90% of what I do is PvP (I'm not on a PvE server) I can safely assess the usefulness of monkey versus nix.

It all depends on the stats each pets gets. Theorically the monkey King should be absolutely superior because it can get better stats. What happens practically depends on the experience of the veno.

The type of pvp tha I do is agaisnt r9-3 players with refines of +10 or more and gems that go from citrine or vit stones to josd or josa. Against that kind of people venomous scarab does around 3k damage to everyone, and my pets do from 700 to 1100 damage. So they do around 1/3 of my normal damage.

Now, doing a total of 4k per cast is not enough to kill any r9-3, unless they are charmed. The best way for me to kill any r9-3 is by controling them, and controling is something which the monkey King does a lot better.

Controlling is important because it allows me to make a combo such as amp, + nova, or myriad + a 100 skill. If i didnt have a pet that can paralize and stun every 30s, it would be hard to pull out. In fact the monkey King changed a lot the way I play my veno.

The nix has a stun, but its cd is 2min, so its not very useful. Since a nix cant kill or even come close to kill any r9-3, the monkey is much better than the nix because the monkey helps chain my combos better, and the monkey is much more tanky than the nix.

Sorry for derailing the thread, but I couldnt hold myself....
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Found another monkey on my server, that makes it three :o
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Saw another veno with both pets today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well, as expected PvE servers have more Harpies and PvP servers have more Monkeys b:chuckle