Traditional APS set vs. R8r chest

Options
Walpurga - Dreamweaver
Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Blademaster
Traditional: http://pwcalc.com/bb6b8cdd6c8def01
R8r: http://pwcalc.com/e64a90b221410141

(LA pants to share with sin and archer, if archer ever goes aps (if it finds OHT ring with OP +str lol))

Now obviously the R8r setup is better, but is the cost justifiable? BM is not my main so I will more than likely not even complete G16 on it.

The things that I will get either way: rings, belt, pants, weapon, claws, helmet, cape

Cost of base R8 during sale: ~32-34 gold depending on how much base rep I have on BM when it hits 100+1mil for R8 plate. Assume gold drops to 1.5, 50.5 for base R8

+

Cost of R8r:

999 Mem. Coins, 200 Round Shield Medals, 9 Platinum Ores, 10mil to obtain R8r plate

For -0.05 an average of 22 rolls, totaling 1980 Mem Coins, 198 Shield Medals, 66 Damascene Ores + 22mil coin. Have no supply tokens so I can't calc the opportunity cost atm.

Cost of G16 sleeves: same as G16 chest minus 15mil for G15, plus 3.25mil opportunity cost for NW token cannies = 35.01mil

Cost of Cube neck: 40mil if I farm it in Cube

Total: 157.51mil + cost of rerolling R8r

Cost of G16 chest: ~30mil for G15 chest, 3 rerolls, 54 badges at an opportunity cost of ~200K each, 4 EoD (1.5mil each farmed from Lunar during 2X), 46.8mil

Cost of TT99 sleeves: 15mil + 2600 socket stones at 4K ea. opportunity cost = 25.4mil

Cost of TT99 neck: ~15mil

Total: 87.2mil (cost incurred in addition to unavoidable costs to go traditional aps)

Difference: 70.31mil + cost to reroll R8r, which I will look at after I get some tokens next NW

The difference will probably be well over 150mil. Is that kind of coin worth it, esp. on an alt b:shocked
Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
Post edited by Walpurga - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Dunno, some peoples alts are in TT90, other peoples alts are in R9

However, we can compare it to other things you spend on your toon.

We are talking about a difference of 8% more HPs, 11% less physical damage taken and 6% less magical damage taken. Lets average those out to 8% as well. Twice 8% suvivability at the cost of 150m. 8% = 75m. Thats about 1.1 m per 10HP.

A +6 refinement on your G16 armor gives 100HP for the cost of about 5m if you do with DQ tisha or 12m with dragon orb. So there you get 10-20HP per m

Your imcomparable gems probably come from weekly so its hard to put a value on them. If wed value them 5m for example, youd get 25 extra HPs over immac for 4m extra or 6HPs/m
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't say that's necessarily the traditional aps setup, although it has becoming more popular. Its more like the new standard for aps since G16 was released 9 months ago. Prior to that the two HA tt99 ornaments would have killed ya because of lack of magic defense, so most people chose to go one HA TT99 ornament and a cube neck, and prior to that people were too ignorant and went LA evasion ornies.

That's just a side note. If I were to suggest a route to a new player I would chose what you call the traditional route and what I call the 'new aps route', lol. The G16 armor plate is great to stash to a barb and a seeker, and the LA wrist/boots and HA neck/belt all work for stashing to a sin or archer so the aps setup essentially gears 5 characters.

So... I'm at 112 rerolls on my r8r chest and haven't seen -int yet. I did my first 20 rolls when you had to farm trials for them, and the damascene cost 10-15m, then another 10-20 rolls when they made the new npc and created the Eye of Darkness + 398 tokens for crafting Damascene for about a 6m cost each. NWs has made it so much cheaper but that 1 in 22 chance of getting -int is no where near reliable and you can get it on your first try or like me you can invest over 600m in trying for it and never see it.

My point is the traditional setup you showed is great because every gear piece can be used for an alt so is multipurpose. Refines and shards wont be wasted even if you refine and shard the G16 plate and then replace it with r8r plate because your barb and seeker will still be using those. Go with the first build and when you feel you have extra money to burn (lots of extra coin) then try for the r8r route. Don't depend on getting it right away and neglect getting more reliable pieces because you're gambling on r8r -int.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Oh yes, an important note is also that for each reroll you nee 19 NW tokens. Only the mats from 7 of those are tradable, the other 12 are not. So you you cannot just buy all the rerolls you want with coin, you need to do NW yourself.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/62fbdad6104616fa Not really suffering for Mdef these days, I guess, if I shard saphs.

Archer and sin are on different account, but I suppose that the cost of going for R8r set still exceeds the cost of making fresh TT99 for archer and sin
    Channels

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/62fbdad6104616fa Not really suffering for Mdef these days, I guess, if I shard saphs.

Archer and sin are on different account, but I suppose that the cost of going for R8r set still exceeds the cost of making fresh TT99 for archer and sin

http://pwcalc.com/5240510ceaec0393 This is what I'd call the traditional set (for people who knew what they were doing) that existed prior to G16. The set you're showing works just fine, too, and probably better if you are account stashing. The one you showed has 456 more hp, a substantial amount more pdef, but over 1k less mdef when we compare them in mag marrow.

To compare, my r9t3 bm runs around with 21.2k mdef and 58 def levels and only has a G15 neck and is missing 6 vit shards. Prior to NW gear upgrades he should be around 23k mdef and 70 def levels. Obvously worlds of difference from a build with only 10k mdef and 18 def levels, so I wouldn't really say you're "not really suffering for mdef" because you really are. You just don't have much better option to get that mdef.

I guess the point illustrated there is you want your basic aps setup first. Bam, traditional set. Time to work on r8r plate yet? No, get your pulling/pk set next. Done? Refined? Sharded? Happy, content, prices for next upgrade insane yet? Now it's time for r8r plate to make farming easier.

It's interesting you did bm on a seperate account from sin and archer considering all three are popular aps characters. If I had to suggest an account setup to people nowadays I'd suggest LA/HA (BM, Archer, Seeker, Barb, Sin) chars on one account, casters (Cleric, Mystic, Veno, Psychic, Wizzy) on another, and then fill in the remaining 5 spots with the buff alts you're missing from the other account. So a cleric on the first account is about all you'd need. On the second you'd want a barb, sin, and bm buff alt. This way you avoid the double cost of 2 aps sets. It's not just 30m for the piece, you also have to refine and reshard and that can push even a +7 piece up near 50m just for +7 and immacs assuming you use refine aids+mirages, more expensive using d orbs.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I already have a level 80 BM leveled on the other account, before I knew what I was doing. b:chuckle I now have 33 barb, 61 seeker and that BM on the casters account. I suppose I can just re-level so that I can stash...but I like my current BM :< I even worked hard for all the skills (kept it at 80 to farm joj and bought skills with that money)

EDIT: I guess I'll change my BM to a buff alt, barb to buff alt, delete seeker, reroll on Archer account. Meh. Plenty of FC sellers in fac. I do have a 75 sin on archer's account though. Will probably work on that first.

They'll use the same gear (pants will have to be TT G15 instead of lunar) except for top anyways. My problem with sin is the face that I'll have to get R8 for it (ugh) or be a R6 nab or wear my archer's G16 top (eww, lol)
    Channels

• Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Just a quick update, i will read this later, they might be introducing the new instance where you can farm r8r mats with the next content update next week.

I will see how farming mats procedure is there, it will help bucket loads to get -int on boots.