The class that scares you the least in NW?

Options
Kendaichi - Dreamweaver
Kendaichi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Nation Wars
You are welcome to post a reason why, I do not mind, I for one plan on just naming the class.

Which for me personally it is blademaster's that scare me the least, how about you all? Archers, sins, barbs, or perhaps cleric/venos... or any of the other 4 I am not mentioning in this sentence?

I know people who are incompetent, or really badly geared are the easiest to take down, and ergo are probably the least frightening, I am wondering which class tends to scare you the least even if you do see that they have a r93r weapon on?
Post edited by Kendaichi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You are welcome to post a reason why, I do not mind, I for one plan on just naming the class.

Which for me personally it is blademaster's that scare me the least, how about you all? Archers, sins, barbs, or perhaps cleric/venos... or any of the other 4 I am not mentioning in this sentence?

I know people who are incompetent, or really badly geared are the easiest to take down, and ergo are probably the least frightening, I am wondering which class tends to scare you the least even if you do see that they have a r93r weapon on?

Barbs scare me least, and second least is seekers. Barbs are difficult to kill at times but as a fellow HA class i hardly find them threatening.

As for seekers, they're tanky and can hit very hard. However, they're just too unbelievably easy to control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kharybdis - Harshlands
    Kharybdis - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    On this server? Mystics. Pretty much because very few of them are well-geared or know how to play well.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Mystics are just good support for other classes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Gotta say psychic, probably the least threatening of any class imo.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Gotta say psychic, probably the least threatening of any class imo.

Earth shield doubles as anti psy shield. I can see that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Its painfull, being a barbarian having to vote barbarian. Its close though, as long as its not a magic class im facing im happy to know that i'm not a one shot. Barbs dont stun me as much as BMs and sins though...
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Herpaderpa bak allah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    barb. nice kitties to go full dps mode and score points; most of the times they'll also have more people on them and when they finally target me and pass through the freezes/slows/stuns/immunities... oh well, I don't mind dying after getting 1k+ points
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    barb. nice kitties to go full dps mode and score points; most of the times they'll also have more people on them and when they finally target me and pass through the freezes/slows/stuns/immunities... oh well, I don't mind dying after getting 1k+ points

This is a valid argument for why they're a good nw class, but not a reason to fear them.
    Besides, you don't tank as much in nw anymore, now it is a hide and go seek game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Autoattack on barb, check autopot is on. Go make coffee. b:chuckle
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Single classes are rarely scary. It is the right combination of classes and players, with proper execution that makes the difference.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Single classes are rarely scary. It is the right combination of classes and players, with proper execution that makes the difference.

True true.
    b:pleased
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Barbs and BMs.
  • Kendaichi - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Its definitely Barb's and bm's that scare me least as far as damage against me goes... but as far as being hard to kill its undoubtedly barbs that are far harder to kill... their defense is far better than bms even if both are in full end game gear. I even find more sins that tend to hurt more as far as damage goes and most who know how to survive a little are a bit harder for me to kill than most bms. Most being the keyword.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't know what gear people have on your server, but on sanctuary, you learn to fear all classes. Chances are each class can one shot you.

I have had barbs arma me for 40k, with phy marrow on.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As mystic I don't fear other mystics and veno.

I think I voted on archer by mistake.

But ye veno and mystic are a joke for me as mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not scared of Clerics and most barbs. Both of them in pubbies tend to have craptier gear and drop fast. The occasional chance encounter with a well geared barb or cleric sucks tho
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not scared of Clerics and most barbs. Both of them in pubbies tend to have craptier gear and drop fast. The occasional chance encounter with a well geared barb or cleric sucks tho

Agree with this, too many people have clerics/barbs as buffers or think they can get away with not gearing them as well as other DDs. Very few clerics that are scary, we are getting a lot more r9rr barbs which if they catch you can hurt but in general are easy to control.
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    BM, Sin, Barbs scare me least when i play my barb b:victory
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What if they ALL scare the b:fatb outa me? b:shocked b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It wasnt really that hard to point fingers at BMs here. Wether its the quality of the BMs on our server, or if its just that they have a natural disadvantage I dont know. But you see less and less of them, and more n more od the faceroll classes like archer/psy.

A barb can still hurt, but the number of barbs I meet in nw that id actually have any second thoughts about fighting, I can count on 1 hand. But BMs Id rather not face I can count on two fingers, and those are R9rr +10-12.

Clerics are usually a nuiscance. Few of them a bit more than that. But while the BM is just as annoying if they get up close, wich the clerics dun have to, the cleric will still deal out more diverse and hard hitting damage than the avereage bm. An avereage BM can even hurt itself alot on the bramble, while you need a cleric dumb enough to plume shot a blazing barrier to hope for reflect there.
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As a sin, barbs are the least of my worries in NW. It's just taking them down if they have the flag is when an issue arises.
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    vote for bm (and barb).

why this is not "the class that scares you the most?" b:avoid b:avoid
  • Kendaichi - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    vote for bm (and barb).

why this is not "the class that scares you the most?" b:avoid b:avoid

I thought of that myself... making another thread like that, but tbh I wanted to give this time so sink in.

You are more than welcome to start your own, but if you don't I likely will eventually. (like by end of weekish) I do have other ideas about other threads similar to this/that, but I don't want to go on a thread starting spree. xD lol

---

I can so see why melee classes are dominating this poll question, as many melees can't get near all that often to be much threat to anyone. The odds are in casters favor in more ways than one, especially the extremely tanky endgame casters.
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Honestly Other Mystic's, BM's, Barbs, and Veno's scare me the least. I've learned how to keep up constant stuns on people, and those four classes are easiest to get through defense wise for me. Now Wizzies, Psy's, Archer's, and Sins are a pain in the ***! b:shutup
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It wasnt really that hard to point fingers at BMs here. Wether its the quality of the BMs on our server, or if its just that they have a natural disadvantage I dont know. But you see less and less of them, and more n more od the faceroll classes like archer/psy.

A barb can still hurt, but the number of barbs I meet in nw that id actually have any second thoughts about fighting, I can count on 1 hand. But BMs Id rather not face I can count on two fingers, and those are R9rr +10-12.

Clerics are usually a nuiscance. Few of them a bit more than that. But while the BM is just as annoying if they get up close, wich the clerics dun have to, the cleric will still deal out more diverse and hard hitting damage than the avereage bm. An avereage BM can even hurt itself alot on the bramble, while you need a cleric dumb enough to plume shot a blazing barrier to hope for reflect there.

Reply @ the part I bolded. :$ xD

It really depends on who you ask, some think/feel its the quality of bms/their lack of gear... others (a number of bms) feel it's the lack of anything that resembles a decent advantage for them.

There is something else that I could divulge... but I am so going back and forth about it. xD (That's unrelated to everything else in this post.)

----

That aside... I do feel its barb's, and bm's that scare me the least in mass pvp. (Sins can be scaryish if your phys def is suffering too much from the double edged sword that is/are marrows.)

---
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You can suck with some classes and do OK, you can't suck with BM and do OK or even look OK.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty