X2 Is wrong

Options
Lolitta - Raging Tide
Lolitta - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I made 6 runs of Lunar but not the bh way, the other ways :D, I do between 10 and 25 runs of TT everyday and i seen that the drop is similar to X1 or 0 how you wanna call it. I get nothing from Lunar and in TT the gold drop is a joke.
The experience is also a problem. I did before X2 PV runs and from 4 runs i get 0.9% and now that is X 2 EXP I do same 0.9% so my question is : where is X2 and why do I make same exp at X 2 just like normal?
Post edited by Lolitta - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I made 6 runs of Lunar but not the bh way, the other ways :D, I do between 10 and 25 runs of TT everyday and i seen that the drop is similar to X1 or 0 how you wanna call it. I get nothing from Lunar and in TT the gold drop is a joke.
    The experience is also a problem. I did before X2 PV runs and from 4 runs i get 0.9% and now that is X 2 EXP I do same 0.9% so my question is : where is X2 and why do I make same exp at X 2 just like normal?

X2 not mean 100% drop from any mob or boss.

Yea, I had twice more drop from mobs, but I had killed hundreds of them.

Also I got X2 experience from mobs.

For example, if normal chance to get drop from boss is equal to 1%, then X2 chance to get drop from boss is equal to 2%.
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    X2 not mean 100% drop from any mob or boss.

Yea, I had twice more drop from mobs, but I had killed hundreds of them.

Also I got X2 experience from mobs.

Maybe I am a big glitch b:cry
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Maybe I am a big glitch b:cry

It's more like bad luck. Drop tables haven't changed in over 4 years. 2X is still 2X, and as always, 2x does not apply to the additional drop tables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    2x EXP doesnt not multiply with hypers. for example:
    mob gives 1k exp
    with 12x hypers it gives 12k exp
    with 2x it gives 2k exp
    with 2x and 12x hypers it gives 13k exp

as a result, the benefit from 2x exp is minimal when you hyper (but it still nice so it's worth to do PV; it's 15m anyway). what I really don't get is people doing AEU during 2x....yay 2 ironguards?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    X2 is working fine. I actually kept track of all the drops from TT this time, I wanted to see if the X2 drop complains are true or not.
    I did almost 100 runs so far and the gold mat I'm farming has a 10% chance to drop. This morning I hit the 23 mark so all I can say is that the RNG , as much as we hate it, does a good job. I had 12-14 dry runs in a row, but I also had gold mats dropping every other run.
    I know the 2x is not 20% of dropping the gold mats, it's just the 10% table run twice, but anyway.

Lunar I don't know, not very familiar with it outside of BH runs (that I rarely do anyway)

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    2x EXP doesnt not multiply with hypers. for example:
    mob gives 1k exp
    with 12x hypers it gives 12k exp
    with 2x it gives 2k exp
    with 2x and 12x hypers it gives 13k exp

as a result, the benefit from 2x exp is minimal when you hyper (but it still nice so it's worth to do PV; it's 15m anyway). what I really don't get is people doing AEU during 2x....yay 2 ironguards?

That explains and verify my thoughts. every time I was activating hypers the math didn't add up so I figured something was getting cancelled out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    what is funny tho is actually the way this is advertised: 2x XP/drops.

Problem is they don't stack with any kind of boosters so yeah, lol. But that's not written anywhere in clear

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Problem is they don't stack with any kind of boosters so yeah, lol. But that's not written anywhere in clear

I'm thinking the way this game is. The 2x is like a server wide silkworm best analogy i can come up with. Instead of being an actual rate increase like most games where the boosters like hypers and silkworms would stack with the increased exp as equally as it does with normal exp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was expecting a post explaining why 2x is ethically wrong from the title. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • demxhunter
    demxhunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I figured how the drop works from frosting. The rates stay the same, just boss can drop armor and coin. Or last boss drops 4 gems instead of 2. 2x in other words is 2 trys
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was expecting a post explaining why 2x is ethically wrong from the title. b:surrender

Ditto^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    back in my days, we didnt even have 2x b:cool
    but aside from that, didnt they kinda tweak the drop rates midway through the game history? i couldve sworn it had a BIT more better drop rates than nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2013
    Options
    back in my days, we didnt even have 2x b:cool
    but aside from that, didnt they kinda tweak the drop rates midway through the game history? i couldve sworn it had a BIT more better drop rates than nowadays.
    Nope. In a semi-recent TT "drop nerf" thread I compared the current game files with those of the closed beta release. No changes had been made. In the cases of some bosses, additional drops have been added, but the original item item drop rates were not touched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Since search engines are broken on the internet again b:angry

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pwi+2x+hyper+experience
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As far as your 2x exp problem goes, if you're using something like a Training Esoterica or Golden Silkworm, those I have been told do not stack with 2x, which might be why you don't see an exp increase.

If I'm wrong, blame the person who told me b:surrender

EDIT: Realised someone had mentioned it earlier. I am bad at reading :D
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As far as your 2x exp problem goes, if you're using something like a Training Esoterica or Golden Silkworm, those I have been told do not stack with 2x, which might be why you don't see an exp increase.

If I'm wrong, blame the person who told me b:surrender

EDIT: Realised someone had mentioned it earlier. I am bad at reading :D

I use only exp stone, nothing else, not even exp bonus on items and i did lots of PV runs and my exp is same..0.9% from 4 runs.
    Now i did 12 TT runs 3-1 and no gold from "Dark Colluseast". I dont want gold from 1 run but 12, dont u think is to much at X2 to get no gold from 12 runs?
    This dont sound like X2 to me b:cry
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

I do between 10 and 25 runs of TT everyday and i get 100-200m everyday O.O
    maybe u have bad luck b:sad
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I do between 10 and 25 runs of TT everyday and i get 100-200m everyday O.O
    maybe u have bad luck b:sad

25 runs 100m = 4m per run, or 10 gold mats b:cute

10 runs 200m = 20 gold mats, 2 gold mats per run b:angry

How long does each run take you? I presume you do 3-3?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nope. In a semi-recent TT "drop nerf" thread I compared the current game files with those of the closed beta release. No changes had been made. In the cases of some bosses, additional drops have been added, but the original item item drop rates were not touched.
    you are in conspiracy with pwi b:sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2013
    Options
    you are in conspiracy with pwi b:sad

If only. I used to send them code for bug fixes to improve gameplay. It's not that I support the company, but I support the game. I also find that many of the things that the company gets blamed for, actually have nothing to do with anything they can affect, or have changed.

In regards to TT drops, they haven't been nerfed, we're just able to do a lot more runs faster than we used to. So we expect a lot more drops, but because there's no change in the drop table, we still have the same crappy odds of getting stuff.

Actually changing the drop tables isn't hard work, it's tedious, but not hard. I'm also fairly surprised that they haven't changed them, by this point, to improve the drop rates for the Green and Gold mats.

What would be really interesting, would be to see the TT instances scaled in a similar fashion to how NW is. Lower leveled/geared players get additional buffs in the instance to assist them in fighting the bosses, and for the bosses to be scaled higher than they are now. Make it so that it's not easy for the average 101+ Sin/BM/Whatever to go in and solo the instance. Squad mode, should require a squad to complete. (Kinda like Warsong) And increase the drop rates to make it more rewarding for the squad.

Of course, then all the solo-farmers will QQ because they can't auto-farm TT anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Of course, then all the solo-farmers will QQ because they can't auto-farm TT anymore.

they'll just roll a few more alts XD
    you only purge once #yopo