PWI's pet peeves

Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
I'm bored and I thought I could make a thread so people could share their PWI's pet peeves.

For people that don't know what a pet peeve is it's pretty much something that really annoy you, but might not annoy other people.

So here's mines that I can thing of at the moment:

-The shops that are 24/7 online at the same spot, selling something that no other shops sell and the day I need to buy what they sell, they don't log anymore for days/weeks.

-The fact that the Power ranking NPC doesn't register mystic AS damage. It's annoying that our higher damage skill doesn't register on a power ranking.

-People that come in Warsong BH (Metal/Snake) and doesn't drop mirages assuming the leader pay for it cause he make the squad.

-People that delete you from FL without a word, than claim they never did it, say it wasn't them or say they was to drunk and deleted everyone. I understand people that delete people they didn't log in for months/years, I do it myself when I need space, but I don't delete people that log everyday without a word, I will at least pm saying that I need space and will delete him/her.

-People on PVP servers that complain they will report you and get you ban after you pked them ONE time. Why people play on PVP server if PVP doesn't interest them at all?...

-That on my mystic my summons always go on the bad side. Veno's pets go in straight line in from of the veno, but mystic's summons run to the left or right aggroing mobs we are not fighting.

-People that constantly speak a other language than English in world chat. (People that will have a 3 hours Spanish convo in the world chat...)

I have a lot more, but for now I think it's enough. b:chuckle
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
Post edited by Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/0ecb5a80-3714-4459-ac21-81c49e63a21c_zpsb7333129.jpg <--This, and people afk'ing on alts in NW in general.

The water glitch

When people say "no reply=no thx" as if saying No thanks to like maybe 2 pms is that hard, or a simple WC "full/sold all ty" afterwards in wc is so hard. >> The people who do this usually dont' even have anything good.

Obvious fake auctions in WC

Having too many JJ orders because of my own laziness. I realize it's my fault but when I get a stack of them it's annoying to go through them all. b:chuckle

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Interesting thread P:
    Let's see..

-When there is a Sage veno in squad and for whatever reason they don't amp so I go ahead and amp but then they drop to fox form and amp over my Demon right after. It annoys me because when the Sage amp runs out my amp is still on cooldown too so the boss remains with no amp when the veno could have just waited some seconds before amping >.> extra annoyance if it happens repeatedly.
    I don't care on short fights where bosses just drop but on longer fights such as AEU bosses it gets annoying to see 2 venos and no perma amp on boss.

-When a veno amps and then uses soul degen after, bonus annoyance if it's degen over my own amp.

-When people ask for too much chi. There is a line between being support and passing chi and being abused as a chi slave. Especially annoying when clerics insist on BB at everything or putting BB up interrupt after interrupt and whine for chi. I tend to tell them BB is not needed here or that boss interrupts too much etc. but they don't listen.

-When someone dies in a squad for whatever reason and the cleric doesn't buff them unless someone points it out. As a cleric myself, I can easily notice who has buffs and who doesn't. It just really annoys me that I have to specifically tell the cleric to re-buff otherwise they never do it.

-Clerics or Mystics dying at the rocks in Abaddon. You have heals... I see so many of those running in without healing/buffing themselves.

-Pretty much every time I'm in squad with someone else of the same class and they are unable to work coordinated (or refuse? even after I tell them). Usually happens when I'm on veno and there's another veno in squad for some reason.

-When there are a lot of squads forming in WC (BH or whatever) asking a specific class but when I change to that class/toon all the squads in WC are gone. Mostly in the past though, I don't run with wc squads much lately.

-People who talk in a foreign language in squad. I don't mind if it's for a thing or two but if they keep talking in their own language I just feel awkward and left out. Bonus annoyance if I try if talk/ask things in english and they answer but go back to talking in their language. Another bonus annoyance if the coordination is terrible and just won't say a word to the ones who don't understand what they are saying.

-People spamming WC making it unable to see important things like squads, sales etc. bonus annoyance if I'm the one trying to form a squad or sell something.

-Seeing a particular someone in WC talking his bs (has a billion alts too, it's not even safe to BL) and making me ashamed I'm from the same country as him. Sanctuary people will know who I'm talking about.

-When people want a specific squad set up (certain classes) and refuse or whine if we don't get them. Usually ends up with them insisting that we'll fail and it will never work, most of the time they leave squad before we even start.
    I understand some people are wary but it won't hurt to at least give it a try. Most often seen in BH delta squads. It's not even funny anymore, that BH isn't even that hard. People have better gear nowadays. Unless the whole squad is undergeared, I don't see how it can fail

-When I say I can do something and people don't believe me so they take/look for a person in my place. If I say I can do something then it means I can. Well, I can't blame them I guess but it really annoys me.

- Cube. All of it.
    Currently farming Cogs to repay someone (gave me a g16 necklace in advance so I'm just farming it back for them), 170 left to go.

I might add more if I remember more xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Biggest one for me is trying to type something, and having 15 boxes popup.f:despise
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I only ask for chi in delta, after every wave. I usually use up 4~6 sparks.

My Pet peeve, when people scatter the mobs i tried so hard to group up and tank. Naturally they cause wipes, and i am left alone soloing things.

In delta it is not so bad, mobs do not hit hard. In lunar how ever it usually causes a squad wipe. That is why i stopped pulling for randoms, and only go as a dd. Even if the puller is horrible, i still only dd.
  • LunarWolf - Dreamweaver
    LunarWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Biggest one for me is trying to type something, and having 15 boxes popup.f:despise

^This.
    Also, every time I'm on random alt, there are numerous BH100 squads forming, but when I get on my mystic, nothing... -_-
    When all else fails play dead - You got teh zombie balls b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LunarWolf - 100 mystic | Ordelia - 100 cleric | Mightena - 9x veno | Garudi - 9x psy | various alts and stuff...
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When I set up my catshop for the night selling something for a moderate price and an hour later someone sets up his shop next to me selling the same thing for way less. Idk how those people even make a profit <.<

When someone else takes forever to get to FF but when you go afk while waiting for them you get kicked. What the heck? That's why I don't do FFs anymore, I really don't want to sit in front of my pc for the whole day without moving at all.

When you strike up a convo with someone and add each other to FL, expecting to hang out more, and then they never pm you again or don't log in anymore. Yeah, who needs friends anyway, right?

When people expect you to have the best gear the second you hit 100. Sorry, but I don't use real money in this game, and how am I supposed to make more if no one want's me in their squad?

When you see someone WC for a bh while on your alt, so you switch and pm them, and they don't reply.

When someone's selling/buying something and when you pm them, they won't say whether they got a better offer or how much you should offer in the first place.

When people use the word "troll" for just about anyone who has a different opinion. That has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves.

When people make a big deal out of something minor and start causing drama openly, without talking to the other person privately first. Another thing that really upsets me. Those people go on my personal "ignore" list (not blacklist), which means when I run into them in game I know to avoid them.

When you log in and see 30 people online in faction, you say hi and no one replies.

The next one I need to explain a bit: I was doing bh59 with an alt and there was a lvl 100 guy helping the squad. We killed 4 bosses and only one person needed the last one so I figured I could leave, as I was useless anyway. When I thanked everyone and left, the 100 person called me a noob and ordered me to come back and help kill the last boss. I don't even know why I agreed to do it as when I got to the boss they had just killed it. If you're lvl 100 and think you need a lvl 75 to help you kill a boss, you're the noob, not them.

And about bh59, I hate when people won't do it on the right day so when 5 people need 3 bosses and 1 person needs the other 2, we have to kill all of them. If I was the leader, I would kick them and get someone else. Sorry, but without high level help the whole cave takes like an hour to clear.

When I'm doing the Jolly Jones quest and need to dig the grinder, there are 2 more people waiting for it when some **** comes along and starts digging it himself. It's pretty much like going to the store and pushing everyone else aside to get to the cashier first.

Can't remember any more currently, if I do I'll add them to the list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Those stupid low lv monsters that attack you, thinking they can actually win against you
    Dumb Scorpion
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    A lot of good things have been said already, so I'll just pipe in the middles. b:chuckle
    -People that delete you from FL without a word, than claim they never did it, say it wasn't them or say they was to drunk and deleted everyone. I understand people that delete people they didn't log in for months/years, I do it myself when I need space, but I don't delete people that log everyday without a word, I will at least pm saying that I need space and will delete him/her.

-People on PVP servers that complain they will report you and get you ban after you pked them ONE time. Why people play on PVP server if PVP doesn't interest them at all?...
    With the friends list, there is actually a bug with that which affects some players. My Cleric and Seeker's account are two I often have trouble with. Not saying it's the case all the time, but it is a possibility.

I completely agree with you on the PvP. It's even funnier when they do it on a PvE server. I remember dropping a large squad of newbies that were in their 30's-40's doing PvP battles in Silver Pool. I just dropped out of the sky, hit tempest, and watched em fall over. They QQ'ed like crazy.
    -When there is a Sage veno in squad and for whatever reason they don't amp so I go ahead and amp but then they drop to fox form and amp over my Demon right after. It annoys me because when the Sage amp runs out my amp is still on cooldown too so the boss remains with no amp when the veno could have just waited some seconds before amping >.> extra annoyance if it happens repeatedly.
    I don't care on short fights where bosses just drop but on longer fights such as AEU bosses it gets annoying to see 2 venos and no perma amp on boss.

-When a veno amps and then uses soul degen after, bonus annoyance if it's degen over my own amp.

Though I am a Sage veno, I know exactly what you're talking about here. It's equally annoying. Especially if the other veno doesn't even have Sage/Demon amp. They should know better.

-When people ask for too much chi. There is a line between being support and passing chi and being abused as a chi slave. Especially annoying when clerics insist on BB at everything or putting BB up interrupt after interrupt and whine for chi. I tend to tell them BB is not needed here or that boss interrupts too much etc. but they don't listen.

Like we have this never-ending pool to hand out, and they're the only one in squad who could possibly need chi. A good cleric will be able to manage their own Chi with BB. It's not like there aren't genie skills or apocs. I can understand if the cleric asks once in a while, thing to end up in cooldown, but those that expect it every time are just being selfish.

-When someone dies in a squad for whatever reason and the cleric doesn't buff them unless someone points it out. As a cleric myself, I can easily notice who has buffs and who doesn't. It just really annoys me that I have to specifically tell the cleric to re-buff otherwise they never do it.

Agreed. It's the cleric's job to pay attention to the squad as a whole, not just the one person they are healing. I might miss re-buffing for 5 or 10 seconds because I'm busy stacking a heal, but you're going to at least get the phys/mag def buffs.

-Clerics or Mystics dying at the rocks in Abaddon. You have heals... I see so many of those running in without healing/buffing themselves.

I'm guilty of this on two occasions. The first time, because I didn't realize how far I needed to go and ran out halfway, panicked and fell over. The second time was moments later when I was rezzing a squad mate that hadn't made it through and I got too close in. Since that first run in the new instance, I haven't had an issue. It's not hard, and you don't even need to go overboard with apocs and ****. Just stack heals, shield, and run.

-Pretty much every time I'm in squad with someone else of the same class and they are unable to work coordinated (or refuse? even after I tell them). Usually happens when I'm on veno and there's another veno in squad for some reason.

Completely agreed, works in a similar fashion with clerics. Rotate heals or something. They always seem to go of DD'ing and I end up stuck being the only one healing. They don't even DD effectively because they forget all their other support skills like seals. Personally, I'd prefer to rotate.

-Seeing a particular someone in WC talking his bs (has a billion alts too, it's not even safe to BL) and making me ashamed I'm from the same country as him. Sanctuary people will know who I'm talking about.

This is why I don't bother to look at WC 90% of the time anymore

-When people want a specific squad set up (certain classes) and refuse or whine if we don't get them. Usually ends up with them insisting that we'll fail and it will never work, most of the time they leave squad before we even start.
    I understand some people are wary but it won't hurt to at least give it a try. Most often seen in BH delta squads. It's not even funny anymore, that BH isn't even that hard. People have better gear nowadays. Unless the whole squad is undergeared, I don't see how it can fail

I know. I've seen a full delta with three archers go flawlessly. no BM's or sins required. I've also done faster WS runs without the "necessary" HF and APS sin.

-When I say I can do something and people don't believe me so they take/look for a person in my place. If I say I can do something then it means I can. Well, I can't blame them I guess but it really annoys me.

It's really funny when this happens, the rest of the squad ends up failing, and you end up doing it anyway. Afterwards, they are usually pretty quiet about it.

- Cube. All of it.
    Currently farming Cogs to repay someone (gave me a g16 necklace in advance so I'm just farming it back for them), 170 left to go.

Sometimes I'll do it just because that stupid sin/bm/barb that is hiding next to a teleport ready to gank anyone that comes in is so damn much fun to take down as a cleric. It's harder lately if they're geared properly, but usually when the Cleric doesn't fall over right away and actually puts up a good fight, they back off really fast and apologize as if they had never really intended to kill you and it was just some freak accident.
    When I set up my catshop for the night selling something for a moderate price and an hour later someone sets up his shop next to me selling the same thing for way less. Idk how those people even make a profit <.<

Typically, they don't. Or, at least, not much of one. They will sell out and be gone shortly, and you'll still reap yours.

When people expect you to have the best gear the second you hit 100. Sorry, but I don't use real money in this game, and how am I supposed to make more if no one want's me in their squad?

I completely get this. Or they'll ridicule me because as a 101 cleric I only have meager R8 gear and 4k hp. It's especially funny when they do this and then I out-live them in the instance.

When you log in and see 30 people online in faction, you say hi and no one replies.

This is one of my biggest peeves, and the addition of Reflection has just made it worse.

And about bh59, I hate when people won't do it on the right day so when 5 people need 3 bosses and 1 person needs the other 2, we have to kill all of them. If I was the leader, I would kick them and get someone else. Sorry, but without high level help the whole cave takes like an hour to clear.

I just don't do BH59 for this very reason, or I'll stack them all and advertise a full wined run. Also, hate at the morons that can't stack BH's.
    Overall though, my biggest peeve is when someone joins a squad and pretends they know what the hell they are doing, and then show that they don't have a freaking clue about how to play their class, much less now to support the team in the instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    I dislike when people drop squad in BH just because they got their boss done. I can help you with your boss, but you can't help with mine? That's probably the fastest way someone can ensure I never squad with them again. BH squad is a team helping each other get what they need from an instance, at least that's the way I view it. I realize others may not be irritated by it. >>

Overall though, my biggest peeve is when someone joins a squad and pretends they know what the hell they are doing, and then show that they don't have a freaking clue about how to play their class, much less now to support the team in the instance.

All my yes!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013

-That on my mystic my summons always go on the bad side. Veno's pets go in straight line in from of the veno, but mystic's summons run to the left or right aggroing mobs we are not fighting.

-People that constantly speak a other language than English in world chat. (People that will have a 3 hours Spanish convo in the world chat...)

I have a lot more, but for now I think it's enough. b:chuckle

I dont get the friend's list thingy. People add me all the time that never speak to me afterwards. What's that about? Its annoying to see "So and so is online. So and so is offline." repeatedly day after day in the chat box. Some folks are in and out like prairie dogs in their dens. To me, if we are never going to talk, or do anything together again, why do I need to know? b:chuckle

I found it to be distracting, so yeah, you're coming off. Sorry, nothing personal. b:surrender

Sometimes it is personal, if someone uses their 'friendship' to make me uncomfortable in the game. That is what it is though. *shrugs*

I agree about the summons, and I hate my Devil because he's like an over-bearing big brother. I half expect him to totally smother me one day. Mistress is a pain in the backside. Its like she's drunk sometimes, and finds the most roundabout way her aggroing self can to get to the target. b:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh, I'm sure I could think of a few things...

General

>When a Stun/Seal/Freeze doesnt trigger when I was hoping for it to

>Players who DONT know how to handle Aohe's route in AEU without "glitching" his Soul

>Players who demand to glitch Diabolic Shocktrooper when the same waiting time can be used to kill the Elementos and weaken the boss for a FASTER kill

>Clerics who don't know how to survive the above boss' Occult Ice

>Players who cry about needing a high-level to solo their BHs

>Players who are afraid of death/failure

>"No reply, no ty" posts in WC

>Fake bidding in WC

>Players who speak foreign languages in squad when they're capable of speaking english, just because there are others who speak that language there with them.

>Players who afk without saying anything

>When something interesting/serious is being discussed in Faction Chat, just to be so easily interrupted/thrown for a tangent by someone else

>Players who abuse the **** out of emoticons or text-based smileys

>Players who cant take criticism or good advice

>Players who complain about Lunar, even during 2x

>Duke Blake/Constant Wall of Red Text

>Perfect Horns

Nation War

>Alts who afk in instances

>Allies who never show up when I call the flag location (yet the enemy appears)

>Having vastly superior numbers and losing Crystal Battles because everyone's fighting a small number of OP players instead of capturing their unguarded crystals

>Carrying the flag and getting slain not too long after by one or two others because of a lack of support

>Clerics who won't buff someone without buffs when they're nearby

>Seekers who wont Mind/SoulShatter the Bridge Battle Towers

>Players who wont focus-fire a weakened Tower in Bridge Battle

>Spawn Killers (on both sides - ours who would rather spawn-kill than escort the flag or the enemy's who are persistent to the point of escape being neigh impossible)

>Flag-Carriers who intentionally soak up damage instead of making haste with its delivery to up their own contribution

>Getting hit for just a little more than my maximum HP
    Class-based

>Seekers who don't Mind/Soul Shatter bosses (met one the other day who didnt even HAVE THEM in Warsong)

>Seekers who don't use their defense level debuffs and only know how to Vortex

>Mystics who use Galeforce without having the Sage/Demon version or any other CC being in effect like an AoE stun

>Mystics who overwrite stronger debuffs with Creeper

>Archers throwing out their AoE knockback randomly

>Wizards who wont Undine vs bosses/Only DB in AoE instances

>Psychics who use Diminished Vigor on bosses who wont heal themselves

>Psychics who use Soul of Silence when their odds of dying are incredibly low

>Venomancers who wont Amp/Purge or pass Chi

>Assassins who try to be "pR0" and run ahead, just to die.

>Assassins who stealth ahead of the party while they clean up the monsters in their way

>Assassins who dont rib strike

>Assassins who wont subsea if there's a second Assassin

>Assassins who try to tank bosses that they cant handle

>Anyone who blames a cleric for their deaths when it was caused by their own ineptitude

>Barbs who are afraid to pull

>Vit Barbs who look down upon Claw Barbs

>Claw Barbs who restatted too early and cant pull too well (should have at least 15k HP)

>Clerics who dont know how to use Purify

>Clerics who wont IH/WoP a puller

>Clerics who use BB at the worst times (WS Fire Lane for example)

>Clerics who would rather DD than heal when they're the only healer/havent discussed it with the other cleric/mystic in squad

>BMs who are "pure" weapon users

>BMs who don't try to CC/Amp large pulls

>BMs who dont know how to use their marrows but complain about being "squishy"

Sometimes I wish I could do more than just bear with it till the stupidity blows over...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Peeves:

-Clerics who BB AT EVERY. DARN. THING! You got so many heals, stop using BB on bosses that are designed to make BBing hard or bosses that die so fast BB is a moot point (IE - Abba BH boss, really? It dies in 20 seconds, just Debuff it and AoE Heal once or twice).

-People that exclude people, or spend hours in WC asking for ONE class over and over for no reason (most annoying to me when people insist on a barb/seeker for FC even though as a BM I can pull and tank JUST fine the whole dungeon, or they want a cleric instead of a mystic).

-People that Troll bid when I am trying to sell something on WC, really!?

-People that go "WTS xxxx" in WC and when you PM them asking what they are willing to take they say "offer" knowing full well no matter what offer I give that are just going to say NTY. You obviously know the highest amount you want, or at least the lowest amount you will take. Why can't you ball-park it for me? Haha.

-People That Do not know how to haggle. I say I want 10mil for something, you offer 5mil, I counter offer for 8mil... you offer 6mil, I say 6.5m. Deal or no deal. No reason to freak out over a little haggling.

-When people ask you to link your weapon to be invited to a party, this is more than a peeve, I actually loathe this, lol.

-People that boss other people around and tell them what to do in a party. For me this is especially annoying when I am on my cleric and people tell me to BB. I have been kicked from parties for not BBing because someone said to.

-Other venos in squad who when I ask "Please let me Degen/Amp First I am sage =)" they don't listen and do their own thing regardless totally messing up the roation.

Personal Peeves about myself

-My Inability to chat in squad/guild and play properly

-My lack of timing sometimes with Anti-Stun run and IG in any instance

-Losing track of how many sparks I have passed to the proper people (especially in a Spawn WS and feeling shamed for having to ask the party who needs chi)

-Being told I am not good enough to run with xx person because my gear is a work in progress and I actually -need- the items from the instance they are farming (not as big a problem anymore but man it annoys me to no end)

-Having so many Alts and not enough time/money to gear them all the way I want to.

-Having to fight with people over my Venos build. (please, just stop I've been a Heavy Armor Veno for 5 years, if I say I can do something I KNOW without a doubt I can do it, just let me try.)

-To go with above, when I do mess up and apologize people that won't let it go. Man, what more can I do? everyone makes mistakes, at least I own up to mine!

-Last but not least, SUCKING so hard at the assassin class. Gah lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh, I'm sure I could think of a few things...

General

>When a Stun/Seal/Freeze doesnt trigger when I was hoping for it to

OMFG! b:shocked

I've never seen someone HOPE for a freeze and seal. b:dirty

If this is somewhere other than a W5 or more Delta or TW/NW, please share where that would be. Sounds like my kind of place! f:sneaky
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013

The next one I need to explain a bit: I was doing bh59 with an alt and there was a lvl 100 guy helping the squad. We killed 4 bosses and only one person needed the last one so I figured I could leave, as I was useless anyway. When I thanked everyone and left, the 100 person called me a noob and ordered me to come back and help kill the last boss. I don't even know why I agreed to do it as when I got to the boss they had just killed it. If you're lvl 100 and think you need a lvl 75 to help you kill a boss, you're the noob, not them.

I think why he raged was he considered your acting impolite. It is polite to stay in the squad until the end whether you need it or not - I've been in BH 59 squads that have all levels around 60-70s and the 60s leave right after Zimo is done.

Some of my pet peeves:

- WC scammers, those who speak in foreign language in wc/squad/fac chat, etc

- High levels who come to solo a BH for lowbies even if they wouldn't need help

- People saying this and this class is useless

- People who haven't learned squadplay at 8x or above

- People who leave a faction to " join a friend's faction " though they'd have a lot of friends in said guild

- People who ask to join a guild and ask questions after joining

- Over/underpriced gear in AH

- Faction recruits that try to be fun but don't make any sense / factions who recruit by saying they're almost full / recruits which offer money

- People **** up luring the groups in BB in WS

- Barbs telling my barb theirs is better becuse it has more HP

- Vit clerics who claim their build to be survival but they can't kill my pure magic cleric who 1 shots them and also has more HP in many cases

- Barbs who don't Poison Fang
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013

That is freaking annoying. xD

Also some others:

-People that don't know other class debuff vs them, when I'm on my demon veno and get a proc on debuff with Myriad or Ironwood there's always a other class that will do their debuff 1 second after mine.... Is it so hard for people to remember that veno with Mydriad = 100% debuff on what it proc?

-People that ask specific class for a instance while other class could do the same job.

-When I'm on my cleric doing BH Snake/Metal and keep BB up for the badge boss and the leader afk or wait 5 minutes before start the boss, I'm not someone that complain about mp cost for a class, but I hate burning mp pots while doing nothing than wait.

-People with 3-4k hp that die at the rocks in BH Aba and blame the GM for it, first of all, it's not the GM that did put the rocks there, second of all they wear TT70 gears at lvl100 and last of all after 15 minutes at reviving them 20 times in the rocks, they leave the squad raging at GM for the rocks...

-Clerics and other class that call their Revive skill Ress, Resurrect is a Mystic skill, not cleric.

Edit: I'll add those 2:

-When in 2x, at a boss in GV (Delta) or BH SoT/Aba, there's 50 drops and I got 0 drop, I know the drops are random, but on 50 to get 0 is freaking annoying and it happen all the time to me.

-People that speak English as primary and only language that try to insult people that doesn't speak English as primary language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

That is actually one of my pet peeves, no matter what perspective im in, whether im on an alt or on my main helping out with the bh. We did your boss, stay and help with everyone elses bosses. It is not a matter of whether the lvl 100+ can solo and kill the bosses with ease, its the polite/better etiquette thing to do. What if I didn't kill your boss first? and it was the last one? its just disrespectful and annoying when we kill your boss first and then you leave "thanks bye, not helping with anyone elses" kind of selfish tbh.

>when in NW and your trying to type but your trying to head to a new location and when you arrive in a new area it stops your from typing.

>linking weapons
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    -People that don't know other class debuff vs them, when I'm on my demon veno and get a proc on debuff with Myriad or Ironwood there's always a other class that will do their debuff 1 second after mine.... Is it so hard for people to remember that veno with Mydriad = 100% debuff on what it proc?

precisely why I don't gs when a veno is in squad.
    - Over/underpriced gear in AH

not everyone has the patience to wait for an item that is priced fair to sell. which brings me also to the haggling point that someone mentioned. not everyone has merchanting skills. if someone sells something, I choose to pay their price whether it be too high or not, take the full price and be glad. for some reason, haggling makes me feel like I'm being greedy lol just one of my quirks.

ya'll named off some really good ones though...

some of mine:

people that complain when I drop all my coin and pick it back up again when I make a mistake and cause a squad wipe. it's my way of easing my conscious, deal with it.

people that call me "pro".

people that ask for weapons to be linked. some of us carry more than one weapon.

people that show a disdain, or outright hostility towards bms that actively use sword skills.

squad members that will not coordinate with others in squad, or communicate.

people that think bms are tanks or dds. we're not, we're support classes.

when I make a mistake in a squad.

a significant other that complains about my style of play.

people that insist I take a drop that I don't necessarily need, even after I tell them the only reason I log in anymore is to visit with friends.

to the whole friends list thing: it's a two way street ;)
  • _SheeLah_ - Dreamweaver
    _SheeLah_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just came back to the game after a long break..

Mine is when you see someone selling something in WC and then it turns to well give me an offer, and then the whole process of wanting to have a bidding war .... then after saying nvm , they pm you back and say hey do u still want it :/
  • NestFreemark - Raging Tide
    NestFreemark - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When I say "PC (insert item)" and I only get a pm or 2 asking "how much u want for it?"

Forming an FC squad, generously wasting my own teles, and most of the people that join the squad leave after a couple minutes of not filling up the spots.

The word "noob" in general :P
  • Muyzaki - Heavens Tear
    Muyzaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have to agree about that windows popping up thing XD So annoying.

I just hate it when people act like they're so much better than you because they "played for eight years (lol? yes this happened..) Or have better gear.
  • Iiyrana - Dreamweaver
    Iiyrana - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think mine is when One 3.00 flyer is way more then another 3.00 flyer. =/ so when i decided to play another race i have to use more money to get that flyer. DX
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I had no idea that some people would find this behaviour rude because for me it seems completely logical and not impolite the least. That's also what my factionmates said so I can't see what would be the problem in this situation. I never leave squads when there is even the slightest chance that someone will need my help later on, but if all I've done for the last 30 mins is tag along, then why should I waste 5 more mins on just tagging along further? Maybe someone sees this as impolite but then we clearly have a different perspective on what's impolite and what's the reasonable thing to do.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but another thing that irks me is when people start raging because I don't use amp/purge at every boss and give them sparks. If I didn't amp the boss it's probably because it was dead before I could. And if you need a spark, please say so, instead of being passive agressive. I don't know which of your skills cost chi and which don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had no idea that some people would find this behaviour rude because for me it seems completely logical and not impolite the least. That's also what my factionmates said so I can't see what would be the problem in this situation. I never leave squads when there is even the slightest chance that someone will need my help later on, but if all I've done for the last 30 mins is tag along, then why should I waste 5 more mins on just tagging along further? Maybe someone sees this as impolite but then we clearly have a different perspective on what's impolite and what's the reasonable thing to do.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but another thing that irks me is when people start raging because I don't use amp/purge at every boss and give them sparks. If I didn't amp the boss it's probably because it was dead before I could. And if you need a spark, please say so, instead of being passive agressive. I don't know which of your skills cost chi and which don't.

I'm not sure about other venos, but if you're not amplifying the boss - even at the start - then the squad is going to wonder what the heck you are doing. Our debuffs are one of the reasons we are so useful in squad play, and I, for one, am always amplifying after -every- lure I do and armor breaking with either Ironwood/Myraid or with my pets to make things even a second or two faster for the DDers. I know its a peeve, but its even more of a peeve to the Squad to see the veno NOT utilize her debuffs and pass spark, I can promise you.

I do share a peeve with EVERYONE wanting Chi though. My line of Chi is: cleric if I see a BB go up, BM if I see Dragons throw down with my debuff, tank if I see him/her using chi consuming moves, and after that, anyone who triple sparks when the others are good to go. If we wipe, I always pass Chi to the tank first for aggro control, then cleric second, and others afterward. Normally, this chain doesn't give me any **** from the squad. If anyone has a problem with it, then that's on them.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    -power level people who have no clue how to play there class...i know a few.

-leaders who aren't great leaders of guilds

-People in ur guilds who think they are better then you and they aren't

-people in your guild who start drama

-Venos who don't amp/purge

-Clerics who don't heal

-People 100 + dying way to much in instances

-Barbs who have less HP then i do

-Casters who have like 3k hp at 100 +

-i have way to many ill add more later im to tired
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People on mounts/flyers/having pets up blocking npcs FORCING me to shift click to talk to npc.(I am somewhat surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread.... or was it and I just missed it?)

People who seem to think they NEED certain classes for things when they have people perfectly capable of doing what the 'needed' class can do.

Clerics who don't purify the nasty debuffs from the tanks... especially the makeshift ones, like a wizzy/mystic/archer/psychic, etc during sot/aba nights.

People who seem to think they need to tell EVERYONE how to play. (I.E When to hf/gs/don't do this, don't do that. D:)

People forming squads asking for more people, then when you pm them your class (in this case I was on my barb) they say "We got one of those already"... it's like where have you been? Most bhs even w2 is more then doable with more than 1 barb/sin/bm/any other class.

Those people who seem to think they know it all.

People who don't seem to realize how much chi a bm uses.

Those who expect me to vortex on my seeker on bosses that don't really need it. xD

Always hated how most people will shun ppl due to unique builds. (I.E claw/fast barbs/ha wizzies/claw archers etc.)

I disliked how casters were treated during the aps craze.

People who tell others to reroll to 'get with the times.'

Barbarians who seem to lack any ability/know how to pull/use their haxed *** shields.

Assassins who don't use rib strike on certain bosses.

Casters that have a badass weapon but lack the proper defense to hold up to the aggro they get with the weapon.

I also hate how some people can boast about opening just 1 pack and getting something really awesome/worthwhile... while I open a billion (yes hyperbole) and best I have gotten it something quite mediocre.

It still annoys me how pwi/pwe handled the whole goon glitch. (yes I am still here, and plan on remaining for a while longer... and yes in some ways I agree with what they did, but meh overall I am not happy about it.... but again not unhappy enough to leave.)

People who take forever to get to a bh instance, I do get sometimes real life gets in the way, but really that is just a minor annoyance/only becomes a real issue when I am in a bit of a hurry.

Beggars.

Those who expect others to help just because they're a high level/aren't doing anything else.

People who have a KOS list on a pve server. (I have been put on a few I think. :$) xD

---

There is more that I am forgetting, and some I am not, but I am not going to post those peeves for various reasons, and I'll leave it at that.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Glandire - Harshlands
    Glandire - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Most upsetting thing for me - acidentally typing on normal chat instead of whisper/squad/faction one. f:cry
  • d3athg1rl101
    d3athg1rl101 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmm where do i start:

1. When the whole squad wipes in FC and its either blamed on lag or blamed on the healer.
    2. When people hold entire conversations in world chat when they could just PM each other. Hello people don't want you to air out your dirty laundry there's a PM option for a reason.
    3. When people post for squad and you PM them and then you no longer see them posting in WC yet you never got a reply to your PM. This REALLY annoys me because i don't have time to stand around and look like an idiot waiting for some jerk to reply that probably never is going to. Bonus annoyance if i have to pm them again and ask if they're full to get a response.
    4. When a Psychic/Archer decides they're going to run in before the rest of the squad and agro a bunch of mobs then blame the party wiping on the tank not keeping agro.
    5. When you ask for drops from runs because you provided the wine and someone takes off with your molds and or 3 star gear. I've had a lot of people do this and they are black listed instantly. Good way to get a bad reputation.
    6. When someone comes for a wined BH, then leaves squad after they got what they need blaming it on DC then never rejoin the squad. Wine is not cheap. I usually do a FULL BH if i've wined it. No point in wasted wine for a few bosses. Go all the way or don't go at all.
    7. The fact that i'm a level 94 mystic and people LOWER level than me try to tell me how to play my toon. It annoys me with higher levels too but lower levels i will not stand for. If i'm level 94 and dont know how to play my toon yet there's obviously something wrong here. Don't tell me how to play my toon and i wont kick you from squad.
    8. When people ask for help and you proceed to tell them you can help and they just keep saying they need help killing something. They don't provide a boss name they don't provide a location. I can't help you if you don't tell me what i'm helping you with.
    9. When you tell someone to stand back because a boss has nasty aoe and they stand right smack dab beside you and die then blame it on you not protecting them well enough. If you had just listened to me in the first place you wouldn't have died.
    10. When i JUST casted Zombie Balls (Rez balls) on someone and someone else in the squad PMs me and asks for them. My skills have cool down times just like yours do. Bonus annoyance if its two or three people. Wait your turn we learned this golden rule in pre-school.
    11. When people say they need their FB for the BH you're WC for then proceed to AFK for 15-20 mins at every boss WITHOUT TABBING. I don't have time to stand around and wait for you. I have other things i need to do.

This is all i'm posting because i can go on and on and on. Long story short, I'm willing to help people out they just have to tell me what i'm doing and they have to pay attention to what they're doing. People need to be more considerate too and not troll WC all the time. If you have nothing better to do then waste Teles in WC get off the game and find something to do IRL. f:worryf:poof:shhf:hehef:melon
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I only have one major peeve:

People that think that the value of an item is equal to an item's manufacturing fee cost.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited September 2013

This^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Besides quoting "^^omg this^^" on 99% of this thread...

Let's see, I'm home watching my son so can't actually play or go somewhere and there is very little to do that is interesting but doesn't require my attention so I'll be in and out typing my pet peeves.

1. "Squad LF someone who can tank xxxxx boss." I pm and say "BM" as a 20k hp bm who can 5 aps and the response "sorry, we need a tank." Wtf am I?

2. "Need cleric to rez me" WCs. Suck it up, be a big boy, lose that .4% exp. It's not that much and in the time you spend Qqing in WC you probably could have gotten it back already and not had to bother someone else.

3. Shops that setup next to yours for 1 or 10 coins less. I don't mind someone competing with me, but really compete. If I have a Lunar Wing Trophy for 40m, don't set yours up for 39,999,999 next to me.

4. Shops that don't know how to round. Its not a big deal, I just feel like I'm being lied to when a shop say tokens, 10.8k and you look and its 10899. Write 10.9 -.-

5. All the people afk at the attendance person now that they've released meridians.

6. Pretty much any knockback or seal that causes mobs to run. I know mystics don't have many options and I feel bad but I'd rather you either not attack or focus on pet/plant use than scatter all the mobs. And I especially hate it when archer's or wizzies Wingspan or Will of Phoenix because they actually have alternative options. Understandable if you have aggro and can't take, but it's a dck move if you can tank or don't even have aggro. This is something you should have learned around level 45.

7. Anti aps sentiments. You don't like it, fine, keep it to yourself and make your own anti-aps squads but don't buy aps farmed mats (pay 3x the price) and don't enjoy our faster runs, and don't enjoy the huge benefits ranged dd have at farming events. All classes are good at something, some are good at aps. Don't complain just because that's our niche and not yours while you still get to enjoy the benefits of it.

8. Cyber bullying. Obvious reasons are obvious but it kind of runs rampant in online games. Even worse, I try to defend someone or bully the bully and then I feel like a tool about myself.

9. Getting stunned and not being able to change gear/weapons Then the stun wears off and either nothing happens or your weapon changes then unequips. PWI needs to learn to cue player actions.

10. Air glitches and leaps. You cannot use a skill while in the air, but sometimes you can't tell you're in the air. This one is especially bad for BMs because we leap forward or back and we're .17 inches above the ground... and we don't land. If we're frozen while doing that we can't use skills. If we try to chain a skill with a leap half the time it won't work and we have to rubber band fall the remaining distance to the ground before we can do anything. Meanwhile, archers got their left/right leaps that work beautifully.

11. When I show up to an instance and am ready to clear I just want either paint or cleric buffs. I'm stingy about my pots. I can clear most instances in a matter of minutes, usually before half the squad gets there. But for some reason the one buff I feel I need is always the last to show up (usually paint.)

12. Opening Metal. I totally don't mind opening metal and WC for a squad in 12 minutes so that others don't have to wait for the timer. Its a nice thing to do, making the squad and helping others avoid the wait. It just shouldn't cost me 140k to do something nice. Give me my 2 mirages >.< I have even had people leave squad and call me greedy because I asked for mirages, wtf?

13. BH Lunar nights are dead. I <3 the BH. It gives badges faster than warsong, it gives more profit than almost any other BH, and its decently fun. For some reason that 3m entry despite the EoD drop at the end is daunting and at least Sanctuary is dead for the night. I can look into my faction, which normally has 40-60 people on and there'll be 15. WC is dead. It's odd.

16. Account sharing. Don't like it, it's a cheat, and it gives unfair advantages to those who don't share. It's a bannable offense and yet pwi... totally ignores it. There are youtube videos everywhere and even discussion in the forums where people openly talk about it but PWI does nothing. When people app to the faction I'm in and I see they share accounts with like 5 people, its almost an automatic no for me even if the people they share with are decent. It just breeds drama and trouble.

17. Seekers who vortex bosses. It's sad dd and you should know better. 99% of the time, just using your Shatters, sticking your thumb up your butt, and walking away is more effective than vortexing.

18. Every sin who has ever pm'd me "sage bp" like I care. I want paint, doesn't matter sage or demon.

19. Psychics who sage SoV themselves especially if they then get aggro and complain. Put it on who you want to tank.

20. Psychics who use SoS in Metal. Really, Psychics who use SoS in lunar, metal, delta, or anywhere that might cause the mobs to scatter, but especially in metal because aggro is so hard to keep because the tank always gets silenced.

21. Seat boss, Puppeteer, Aba boss,... they all have a vicious poison. About half the time after the boss dies the cleric will drop bb and let my hp run down without purifying or healing the poison, meaning I'm standing there spamming pots or half to triple spark because the cleric only knows how to bb and not purify.

22. People who drop squad to pickup drops.

23. Squad leads who drop squad right after the boss dies. Now no one ~except~ the people who dropped squad can pickup drops. Meaning the people who stayed in the squad to share equally with the people who helped them with the run get screwed.

24. Seat BH, phys immune mobs, wizard frostblade. Do you know how rare it is for any of my melees to get a frostblade while a wizard is in squad? It's also only like a 3-6% dph increase but that's still a 3-6% more paint heal increase, too.

25. Clerics without Cloud Eruption on their genie. No, I will not wait for you to build chi after you just sat in another bubble for 5 minutes. Should have gotten it then like any half decent cleric would, and yes when I die I'm blaming you for not saving me because you didn't have chi.

26. "Sorry, I didn't know. I always have squad chat turned off." *kicks from squad*

27. Now, this last one will be rather controversial. I like running with my faction mates but I'm constantly getting into the whole "whats faction price?" thing.

Uh... the same as normal price. Go outside, find a catshop, find the highest buying price, that's the faction price. That IS my friend discount -.-

Now, that's controversial because shouldn't I be helping them farm their gear to improve the faction? I am. I just helped them do a run. The fact that they want the EoO for 500k instead of the 2m the catshops are buying for outside doesn't make a difference whether they're a faction mate or not. Them getting a good deal means 5 of their faction mates just got screwed out of 1.5m. How about helping YOUR faction mates and giving us 4m for it since we helped? Same concept. And personally I'm more likely to over-pay the people that were willing to help me with a smile on their face than to cut them short for helping me.

I've also been burned too many times where a person asked for a good deal on the drop because they were a friend or factionmate or we'd done a bunch of runs together and people said "sure." Then they took that generosity, turned around and sold it to a catshop for a profit and pocketed the difference. Seriously? You just ripped off and quite frankly stole from the people who helped you and were nice enough to give you a deal.

I have the same view of the people who pay the Lunar fee but get the EoDs. So... 6 people are going to do the work but you're going to keep the squads earnings all to yourself? For instance EoDs are about 2.4m right now during double drops. That's 4.8m for the EoDs divided by 6 people or 800k ea. So each person should be making a 300k profit but someone is trying to scam people out of that and wants my help to let them scam me? No thanks.

My point of view is keep things fair. I will pay you what the item we farmed is worth, and I expected to be payed what the item is worth. No buddy discount. No factionmate discount. Just honest and equal transactions. I won't be in your debt, you won't be in mine. No hard feelings when someone feels they got a bad deal.

Edit: Muahaha! text wall!
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory