Soulsiver Minuet

Zymari - Archosaur
Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Seeker
My seeker is sage. I have the book for Gemini Slash but was told yesterday that if I learn it, I wont be able to mark minuet stance as I don't have the book for Soulsiver Minuet to learn yet. Do I need to learn both at the same time in order to be able to mark stances or can I just learn them as I get them without any issue?
They come in a pack together which makes me question it.
Post edited by Zymari - Archosaur on

Comments

• Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Level 1-10 Soulsever Minuet can only be triggered by level 1-10 Gemini Slash. Until Sage/Demon it doesn't matter if the levels aren't the same for both skills. When you get Sage/Demon of either skill, you'll have to get the same for the other one. If you have sage Soulsever Minuet you can mark the boss with the stance and any seeker with sage Gemini Slash will be able to trigger it, but if you yourself don't have sage Gemini Slash you won't be able to trigger it yourself. The same goes for having non-sage Soulsever and sage Gemini; you can trigger any sage Soulsever but can't trigger yours unless it's hit by non-sage gemini. The same goes for demon.

So level 1-10 procs level 1-10 regardless of whether the levels match or not.
    Sage/Demon respectively procs Sage/Demon whether you marked the stance or someone else did.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pretty much what Medaka said. Those books should NEVER be sold separate. There's a reason you can't obtain them split from non-player sources.

To elaborate a bit, there are effectively three skills by the same name. There's Soulsever Minuet, ●Soulsever Minuet, and ○Soulsever Minuet. If you read them, they specifically say they can be activated by Gemini Slash, ●Gemini Slash, and ○Gemini Slash respectively. That's not a typo unfortunately.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So level 1-10 procs level 1-10 regardless of whether the levels match or not.
    Sage/Demon respectively procs Sage/Demon whether you marked the stance or someone else did.

out of curiosity, what happens if someone activates a lvl1-10 stance and someone else activates the lvl11 stance? are both debuffs active?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013
    out of curiosity, what happens if someone activates a lvl1-10 stance and someone else activates the lvl11 stance? are both debuffs active?

No. They overwrite eachother. Basically the markings of the stance itself vary depending on its level. So while it won't be as obvious with say level 1-10 stances, if you have 2 seekers with different non sage/demon levels of soulsever then the effect won't be noticed that easily. But they do get overwritten. The same thing happens with sage/demon versions, though a bit more obvious if you marked a mob with a level 11 stance then someone with a level 1-10 one came along and attacked it, sometimes theirs will mark and overwrite yours. It's noticeable once you try to land gemini on your supposedly marked stance only to notice it won't activate it due to them marking over it.

The debuffs applied upon triggering the mark work the exact same way. It's the same debuff, simply with a different value. It's also the same way NSW's debuff overwrites soulsever's.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No. They overwrite eachother. Basically the markings of the stance itself vary depending on its level. So while it won't be as obvious with say level 1-10 stances, if you have 2 seekers with different non sage/demon levels of soulsever then the effect won't be noticed that easily. But they do get overwritten. The same thing happens with sage/demon versions, though a bit more obvious if you marked a mob with a level 11 stance then someone with a level 1-10 one came along and attacked it, sometimes theirs will mark and overwrite yours. It's noticeable once you try to land gemini on your supposedly marked stance only to notice it won't activate it due to them marking over it.

The debuffs applied upon triggering the mark work the exact same way. It's the same debuff, simply with a different value. It's also the same way NSW's debuff overwrites soulsever's.

Exactly this. This is why intelligent seekers will sometimes ask about stance levels of other seekers at the start of a run. Having someone running L10 soulsever and someone running sage usually means neither will end up activated. Better to have the levels understood.
    edited September 2013
    cool, thanks for the info :3
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And this exactly what more seekers need to do when they don't know is ask specially when alot of seekers simply just run in vortex or auto attacking (even worse when most are sage with no aps ) and don't debuff in the first place or the many users that work hard to lv up there skills only to get overwritten by one whose stance overrides yours and they won't even.debuff like those who perma proc themselves with soul and there is another seeker in squad and uses northern and first seeker will.just auto while the northern seeker knows that his buff override soul and will have target hit group for less damage while also increasing damage to target it. Was better than this when there was no r9 and g16 to save people deltas were done the hard way and people were godly in procing stances cause they saved u expecially parchblade with another seeker vortexing
    edited September 2013
    And this exactly what more seekers need to do when they don't know is ask specially when alot of seekers simply just run in vortex or auto attacking (even worse when most are sage with no aps ) and don't debuff in the first place or the many users that work hard to lv up there skills only to get overwritten by one whose stance overrides yours and they won't even.debuff like those who perma proc themselves with soul and there is another seeker in squad and uses northern and first seeker will.just auto while the northern seeker knows that his buff override soul and will have target hit group for less damage while also increasing damage to target it. Was better than this when there was no r9 and g16 to save people deltas were done the hard way and people were godly in procing stances cause they saved u expecially parchblade with another seeker vortexing

1. seekers came after r9
    2. since when delta with two seekers is hardmode?
    3. and finally, the extra bit of dps due to a lvl11 stance is insignificant and definitely not game changer. get of your high horse; most lvl11 skills are ridiculously overpriced for what they offer and those money are better invested in gear/.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013

Eh? First of all as Mr.Potato said Seekers came after R9. And what the hell are you even saying about 2 seekers in Delta, that's far from hard. If you really want to see hard mode deltas, I wonder how many you've done before Tideborns came out.

Also, while I don't recommend this, sage Seekers are able to aps for damage that might even surpass that of full R9, while keeping moderate defenses. Though you aren't going to find the right build for that around :).

I also kinda fail to see how Parchedblade is a life saver in squads that apparently don't use R9 or G16 (thus mobs take a lot longer to die). Unless you think it's safer to take 20 hits in the exact same moment than to take those 20 hits at different times (allowing for heals to actually do something). If that wasn't clear enough to you, stunning the mobs makes them reset their hit animations too.

I'm rather happy when a seeker in my squad sits in soulsever mode and vortexes, I don't have to worry about them **** up my combos, then again that's only because I have everything sage anyway. Gemini has a 15 second cooldown, Blade Affinity has a 30 second cooldown if level 11. Most seekers use Gemini with Affinity and those that don't still take ~5 seconds to cast it anyway, so you would have them procing soulsever every 20-30 seconds really. I don't find that so hard on my damage seeing as you can proc NSW as often as 4 seconds (3 if sage) depending on your luck.
    edited September 2013
    I also kinda fail to see how Parchedblade is a life saver in squads that apparently don't use R9 or G16 (thus mobs take a lot longer to die). Unless you think it's safer to take 20 hits in the exact same moment than to take those 20 hits at different times (allowing for heals to actually do something). If that wasn't clear enough to you, stunning the mobs makes them reset their hit animations too.

that's a very good observation, especially considering the vortex gradual bp heals. I'm impressed XD