JoSD vs Drake flame stone

Options
Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Wizard
For end game wizard; shard, will Drake flame be worth from what we can still get from Demon Stone Barrier over JoSD??
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
Post edited by Rivi_V - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    no

'5chars
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You could shard with drake flames and get REALLY tanky vs phys DDs.
    There's just a few things:
    1) they're more expensive than jades
    2) no defense vs magic
    3) at a certain point in PDef you'll get more defense vs phys damage out of a jade.
    4) you're a wizard Harry.

Just use the socket calculator, it will calculate your maximum survival index and what shard combination is best. You may find that it's not worth sharding any drakeflames at all, you may find that you would be better off sharding 2 or 3. If so, the difference between you sharding with drake flames and garnet gems is so little anyway you might as well just shard a couple of garnet gems and then mostly jades. I know some people go 2 parts garnet 4 parts jades.

Either way, unless you're a psychic with no stackable PDef self buff, you might as well shard garnets instead cause you have stone barrier anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Asterelle's Socket Calc

Enter your stats. Select how many sockets you want to use. Select 'Super Endgame' and then you can see for yourself the survivability added comparing the two JoSD and Drakenflame.

Also be sure to adjust the opponent criteria to something realistic like 130 attack lvls for r9rr opponents.

The survivability is split between physical and magical.

Credit to Asterelle for this awesome calc. b:thanks
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Haha sorry, I should of been more detailed. I plan to put JoSD on my armor however for cape and helm, was thinking to put Drake in them. Was wondering if I should still go Full JoSD of have bit more p.def b:chuckle Or, instead cape and helm with Deity Sone?
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Haha sorry, I should of been more detailed. I plan to put JoSD on my armor however for cape and helm was thinking to put Drake in them. Was wondering if I should still go Full JoSD of have bit more p.def b:chuckle

Play about with the calculator, adjust your def lvls to what you will be at with the JoSD you plan on sharding and then change the available sockets to 8 and then super endgame to see what is better survivability wise to use for the remaining 8 sockets.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Asterelle's Socket Calc

Enter your stats. Select how many sockets you want to use. Select 'Super Endgame' and then you can see for yourself the survivability added comparing the two JoSD and Drakenflame.

Also be sure to adjust the opponent criteria to something realistic like 130 attack lvls for r9rr opponents.

The survivability is split between physical and magical.

Credit to Asterelle for this awesome calc. b:thanks

+1 and thanks for linking, I would have but I'm on my phone and couldn't be asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited September 2013
    Options
    +1 and thanks for linking, I would have but I'm on my phone and couldn't be asked.

Sad thing is I'm also at work on my phone. Surfing PWI forums like a baws b:surrender
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah somehow I really don't trust the calc. Says Im better off with Creation Stone/Stone of Gaea lol.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah somehow I really don't trust the calc. Says Im better off with Creation Stone/Stone of Gaea lol.

You would be, considering the high attack lvls of the opponent, the non-existent +20 vit stones give more survivability than the JoSD. Against someone with full deity stones you're probably better off with full normal vit stones. But probably a bad idea to base sharding vs one type of oppponent.

The calc is flawless. To not trust Asty calc is blasphemy. Blasphemy I tell you! b:angry

Edit: also this is why when Deity stones were being released alot of players asked whether these creation stones etc would be released as then it would make more sense using those than JoSD.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hahahaha, TY for your help anyway <3 Oh not to mention the cost for Drake, not worth the small boost compared to cost =)
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hahahaha, TY for your help anyway <3 Oh not to mention the cost for Drake, not worth the small boost compared to cost =)

Yvw b:victory
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com