.Ini editing recently broken??

Options
VVarSmite - Sanctuary
VVarSmite - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I am trying to find the presets to change .ini files on my character.

However, i cant seem to find them where they used to be. Ontop of that, there are various files missing from where they used to be. IE. in element>userdata>character there are all the files, and then the customize folder. Go into customize, and there are only 17 folders, as opposed to the regular amount. And these folders dont have the presets in them like they used to. Help?? ive done this before im not sure what im missing b:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

\/enice ~ 101 seeker
VVarSmtie ~ 101RB assassin
ArchSlayerZ ~ 100 blademaster
Post edited by VVarSmite - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    at element>userdata>character>customize there's meant to be 19 folders. 00, 01, 10, 11, 20, 21, 30, 31, 40, 41, 50, 51, 60, 61, 70, 71, 80, 81 and 91.

- did you play from the same client folder? and did you save the preset on the right client?

example is I have 2 separate pwi folders on my hard drive due to haveing 2 computer screens that have different sizes. i made 2 separate folders of pwi so when i run the client for each of them, i dont have to keep resizing client screens (i dont play full screen). if you do the same thing, you might have opened the different client folder.

- did you check the right folder? (50 for male sins)

if you just want to edit your toon, just use a makeover scroll, save a preset, open the pwi folder and ini edit from there. youre gonna need a makeover scroll if you wanna save your new look anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Did you just reinstall PW? if you did there wont be anything in the folders till you save something. Any recent PC issues that resulted in loss of data anywhere on your HD? Try verifying your files to make sure everything is there for your client.

After doing that just go to create a character and make new save preset. I do all my work in create rather then make over. That way if I D/C I don't loose a makeover scroll. after I save my work and am Happy then I go to makeover and load the save.

I know it's working because I just did one for my Fiance who don't understand INI. Made the preset on my computer which I just built and installed PW on last maint and had her log on and go to the makeover and load my preset to her own character. so I know it had the most recent download client so if you don't have everything there was some sort of loss of data or fresh install of PW which wouldn't have your previous preset saves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]