Why has everybody received the same Anniversary gift?

vengefulfury
vengefulfury Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Okay i just want to say that I'm not complaining about it i just feel a little disgruntled and let down.

So everybody now has the same mounts and like 4 of them each and i think it's unfair because players who have been loyal, often like myself, cash paying players are getting the same as somebody who hasn't been playing so long.

Do you even realize what you've done here? I can't turn a corner without seeing 5 people with the same damn mount, Archosaur is like Ghost Central with them bloody green unicorns.

Who's even going to feel the need to use the boutique to buy a mount now that they have 4 at their disposal?

Don't get me wrong i am happy for the players that are still kinda new or can't afford one, getting their first mount, feeling proud. I couldn't be happier for them but they're getting the exact same mounts as us players who have been playing for 5 years or so.

To be honest when i see all of these mounts now i just shake my head as i ride past on my white tiger. I am grateful for the gifts, i really am, but it's ridiculous when everybody is getting 4 of the same damn gift. At least with the whole "players who have been with us for X amount of years will get this mount" it kinda diluted it down a bit but now everybody has it because of a technical hiccup.

I'll just b:shutup now because it wont change anything, i just think you've unleashed a plague onto the game, a plague of identical mounts that we'll be seeing for a year to come.

On a different note thanks for the mounts, i do really like them and maybe i'll use one of them when this whole thing dies down but for now i'll stick to my tiger.
Post edited by vengefulfury on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll just b:shutup now because it wont change anything, i just think you've unleashed a plague onto the game, a plague of identical mounts that we'll be seeing for a year to come.

seriously?b:laughb:laugh

don't worry though, everyone will ditch the anni mounts in a week or so.
    afterall, do you see the anni mounts of the previous years a lot?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Because PWI screwed up, now they are making it up by sending all gifts to every1, let`s face it, it`s a simple solution rather than looking @ thousands of tickets complaining about not getting something they deserved, only it`s unfair indeed to the old timers.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I both love and hate it. I love the fact I now have a Unicorn on my main character instead of just on my original account that I barely use anymore. and I did sell the snakes and 1 year mounts only kept the foxes and unicorns.

But I do hate the fact that the 5 years don't have the status symbol all to themselves now. It honestly don't matter to me having the status symbol (Just happy to have a unicorn cause I don't buy packs other then to get tokens to sell or use for items and probably wouldn't get one any other way ) but I know it does matter to others.

I'll still buy mounts from the cash shop. If they implement anymore that you don't need to buy packs to get. as it stands I got the 4 I like in the cash shop and the 5th one I gotta wait for X-mas for. The rest of the mounts i want I'm gonna get from the auction house because again. I'm not buying packs for a slim chance at a mount. I'll pay more for a sure thing then I will for a gamble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't have my computer, it's being shipped back to me at the moment from warranty service, I
    m actually using my mother's twin computer.

I just submitted the code that Synchroze gave us, the JBDM1D57? Whatever it was. I'd be happy to get the Unicorn mount, I was happy enough before with the Black Ninetail.

I love clashing, it's so funny to see this giant r9rr barb riding a tiny little fox of a mount.

A ghostly unicorn sounds like a nice change.

I don't think I understand why anyone would be upset over this, though. It's just an anniversary mount. We are going to have MUCH bigger things to worry about once PWE releases a new tier of gear. Be that Nirvana or Rank -- or something entirely new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly you had to see this coming, bro
    Didn't surprise me much
    I learned to not care anymore
    Once I get 105 I'm out
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • vengefulfury
    edited September 2013
    I totally agree with what you are all saying and i guess that's why i'm not too p1ssed about it because they did it due to the fact that they messed up.

It's only one year, let's hope they've learned their lesson by the next one xD
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And in 2 weeks from now no one will be using the mounts anymore anyway b:shocked
  • vengefulfury
    edited September 2013
    And in 2 weeks from now no one will be using the mounts anymore anyway b:shocked

Even the hundreds of people that can't afford to buy mounts?
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I willb:chuckle Again been wanting a unicorn and I always use my purple fox from last year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Some people didn't get an anniversary code in their e-mail, others got the wrong rewards, and then there were dozens of new threads created to complain/scream at PWE.

To fix it, they released a new code which everyone can use, that gives all the rewards and now people are complaining because they don't feel special and unique now.

I swear I don't understand you people ._. . When they come out with R9999 or R10 or some other new gear set, will half of you quit since you're not special anymore?
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Some people didn't get an anniversary code in their e-mail, others got the wrong rewards, and then there were dozens of new threads created to complain/scream at PWE.

To fix it, they released a new code which everyone can use, that gives all the rewards and now people are complaining because they don't feel special and unique now.

I swear I don't understand you people ._. . When they come out with R9999 or R10 or some other new gear set, will half of you quit since you're not special anymore?

No, actually I plan on quitting when I get a computer that can run a newer MMO.

Sadly a laptop with 2GB turbo cached is actually 124mb dedicated... (video card)

Oh well.... Sucks for DELL, they miss-labeled the packaging and I ended up with a better computer than the box said the specs were. b:victory

The box said it was a i3 dual core 2.4ghz. When I turned it on and read the specs myself it said it was a quad core i3 2.4ghz.

Everything else on the package was correct, but the "2GB Video card" is miss leading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No, actually I plan on quitting when I get a computer that can run a newer MMO.

Sadly a laptop with 2GB turbo cached is actually 124mb dedicated... (video card)

Oh well.... Sucks for DELL, they miss-labeled the packaging and I ended up with a better computer than the box said the specs were. b:victory

The box said it was a i3 dual core 2.4ghz. When I turned it on and read the specs myself it said it was a quad core i3 2.4ghz.

Everything else on the package was correct, but the "2GB Video card" is miss leading.

Sorry to ruin your day, but there is no such thing as a quad core i3 processor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just soak in the moment be happy GM's fixed the problem for thousand's of kiddies. b:cute
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry to ruin your day, but there is no such thing as a quad core i3 processor

HaHA !! you might have ruined his day but you made mine ! b:victory
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    f:sweat>>It would be kinda nice if {PWE} would send us Original 5th year Veteran Players some kind of ultra-rare 'Steed Ticket' that we could exchange for an ultra-rare mount of our own choosing, in compensation for ruining the prestige factor of the current 5th year mounts, by having now given it to everyone who plays regardless of time spent as players (or maybe if they'd send us an Ultra-rare 'Aero Gear ticket' that we could choose from for the rarest of the rare of Aero Gears)<<
  • preciousa1
    preciousa1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pls give me aniversary pack pls
    b:begb:beg
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    b:chuckle.....
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • MystyWitch - Dreamweaver
    MystyWitch - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Me and my family all play PWI, We would like to say 'Thank You' PWI....... have been playing several years now, and will continue to do so .......... b:pleasedb:pleased
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly you had to see this coming, bro
    Didn't surprise me much
    I learned to not care anymore
    Once I get 105 I'm out

LOL you play to get to 105 and quit, why bother then?

As for the gifts....many people have more then 1 account and i think they are happy to have mounts and maybe fashion on the alts and if haters dont like it, talk for yourself. When PWI dont give stuff you complain, when it gives stuff you people say "why they giving?"
    No matter what this game does you always complain, how the hell can you complain when you have free mounts? LOL
  • SummerSnowC - Harshlands
    SummerSnowC - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    somehow, i only get the jade box. I didnt get fashion and other mounts on my account. Anyone know what's going on?
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You used the e-mail code not the forum code.
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay i just want to say that I'm not complaining about it i just feel a little disgruntled and let down.

So everybody now has the same mounts and like 4 of them each and i think it's unfair because players who have been loyal, often like myself, cash paying players are getting the same as somebody who hasn't been playing so long.

Do you even realize what you've done here? I can't turn a corner without seeing 5 people with the same damn mount, Archosaur is like Ghost Central with them bloody green unicorns.

Who's even going to feel the need to use the boutique to buy a mount now that they have 4 at their disposal?

Don't get me wrong i am happy for the players that are still kinda new or can't afford one, getting their first mount, feeling proud. I couldn't be happier for them but they're getting the exact same mounts as us players who have been playing for 5 years or so.

To be honest when i see all of these mounts now i just shake my head as i ride past on my white tiger. I am grateful for the gifts, i really am, but it's ridiculous when everybody is getting 4 of the same damn gift. At least with the whole "players who have been with us for X amount of years will get this mount" it kinda diluted it down a bit but now everybody has it because of a technical hiccup.

On a different note thanks for the mounts, i do really like them and maybe i'll use one of them when this whole thing dies down but for now i'll stick to my tiger.

I actually applaud pwi for doing something. They normally do nothing and **** everyone over. But this time, pwe actually fixed an issue. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is for those 5 Year Veterans who complain: Why do you want to be unique? Or to be noticed from the crowd? You do realize that New players cares 0% if you are 5th Year Veteran/ Beta Player. Seriously, they don't care about that at all :)
  • Vitzh - Heavens Tear
    Vitzh - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    5th Anni=Ground mounts again o joy.

Was hoping for something cool, this thought ofc was struck down almost instantly with "We will get a new re skinned ground mount" as if I don't have enough already.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @OP
    Because the Entitlement generation want every thing for nothing, and will cry and leave because they think they deserve everything, without doing anything to earn it.
    What more can I say.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    5th Anni=Ground mounts again o joy.

Was hoping for something cool, this thought ofc was struck down almost instantly with "We will get a new re skinned ground mount" as if I don't have enough already.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I feel stupid having to npc 5 mounts. I like the 1 year ani mount I got the first time they did this, and I'll stick with it.

It's like okay first year: mount
    Second year: fash
    Third year: mount
    Fourth year: mount
    Fifth year: mount

How does this make sense? why not make each year something different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
    Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well now you can sell tradeable mounts.

Do you really play only 1 character to use 1 mount only?
    I do agree they could of been different, but really it's bad to complain over free stuff.
    "hey mom thanks for the Porsche, but i wanted my own private jet plane !"
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can see where pwi is coming from making a code that everyone can use to get the Anniversary items, but doesn't this defeat the purpose of the entire thing?
    I'm not complaining, but I think that giving the items to everyone wasn't the best thing to do, they were probably just too lazy to go through the thousands of tickets they got regarding the matter. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Turns out your not special, so just enjoy the gifts and lets celebrate : D In Heaven's Tear we did a Jade Cosmos parade! Lots of fun
  • /polIo - Sanctuary87
    /polIo - Sanctuary87 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All I hear is "b:cryb:cryb:cry Everyone has the same stuff as me!!!"

Welp. Take a look around you, kiddos. Everyone has had the same stuff as you for years. Same fashion. Same mounts. Same gear. Same shards......

Get over it.