New Instance

Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Suggestion Box
Simple. An instance that requires the use of each classes mastery skills. It would be great to have an instance that would require the use of swimming/flight/land. Call it Atlantis. Or, add an underwater instance to NW. What's the point of making an underwater class, and giving them......wait for it....flyers. Make an instance that requires the use of swimming mastery. No one even bothers to level swimming mastery unless they're bored and have nothing else to do with their spirit.

And yes I know what Warsong is. But think about it, is the water pavillion under water? Does it even have anything to do with water? The only instance that you need to get into water, is the last boss in Lunar. They should have made the warsong pavillions look like what they say. Water: Underwater, Fire: Looks like Hell(deadly flames everywhere), Earth: mountainess and so on. I just think there should be an underwater instance or flight instance. Make Atlantis happen, extend the map like you used to do every expansion.
R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
Post edited by Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• UltiMaia - Morai
    UltiMaia - Morai Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If anything, I'd really like the map to expand more to the west. I'd really like to see what is beyond that valley behind Thousand Streams.

An underwater dungeon sounds great, reminds me of that Dragon Temple event that happens on Tuesdays, you know , the one that people enter to get free bikinis. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can we get Tideform Skills while we're at it?
    It's horrible to be a magic-fish but being restricted to Melee in that form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • cheesecan
    cheesecan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This sounds like a cool idea to me :D

I like what you said about doing one that is land/air/water mixed. Fly to a point then swim to another point then run to a point. Bosses or NPC triggers at each spot to advance beyond. Would be fun...
    If you CAN'T, Cheese CAN!!!
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Eventually something new will arise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FooFighters - Raging Tide
    FooFighters - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Let me say that I'm really impressed by your ideas! If they do that the game will became more "realistic" and by doing thouse changes the game himself would became more competitive with other games out there.
    I personally recomend to hear these toughts because pwe maybe lose a large number of users because of the "old fashioned" graphics. Better graphics and better world construction will gather more people.
  • BackDraft - Lost City
    BackDraft - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    b:laugh
    No Pain No Gain.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Simple. An instance that requires the use of each classes mastery skills. It would be great to have an instance that would require the use of swimming/flight/land. Call it Atlantis. Or, add an underwater instance to NW. What's the point of making an underwater class, and giving them......wait for it....flyers. Make an instance that requires the use of swimming mastery. No one even bothers to level swimming mastery unless they're bored and have nothing else to do with their spirit.

And yes I know what Warsong is. But think about it, is the water pavillion under water? Does it even have anything to do with water? The only instance that you need to get into water, is the last boss in Lunar. They should have made the warsong pavillions look like what they say. Water: Underwater, Fire: Looks like Hell(deadly flames everywhere), Earth: mountainess and so on. I just think there should be an underwater instance or flight instance. Make Atlantis happen, extend the map like you used to do every expansion.

Warsong looks this way because it wasnt designed for Warsong. the instance was 1st for FB109 sage, like nirvana was FB109 demon cut in different parts
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sounds pretty cool and fun. would also give venos who use regular pets a chance to have fun with water pets.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Myerna - Raging Tide
    Myerna - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think this idea is great! I would definitely love a water expansion....perhaps even taking this a step further and delving east beyond Misfortune and the Nameless Island would be lovely....b:victory
    But as for an underwater instance, we should probably come up with a more concrete idea for the designers. =)
    So how about these ideas?

Where: instance entrance located in Archosaur port. Fairly easily accessible, and would see plenty of traffic. Alternatives are Lake of the Plume, Etherblade Lake, or one of the Tideborn Islands, to allow for the same accessibility.

What: a water instance! This opens up a huge variety of options and creativity. One could make an underwater maze, with varying depths, tunnels, and underwater structures, where the goal could be to reach the exit, where a boss and/or treasure (from fashion to gear or whatever) is, or to explore the maze and find secrets, or even to collect all the map pieces.
    One could make an underwater temple (no, not a repeat of the dragon temple), complete with legendary water bosses (turtles, frogs, barracudas, piranhas or anything) and secret passages/puzzles, which might give bonuses to character stats (like the meridian system) or great treasure options as noted above! b:victory
    There are so many other possibilities as well--from areas where the water flows faster (like a water treadmill or rapids), to whirlpools, to underwater tunnel races or castles, or anything! I've really been hoping for something like this since the Tideborn came out (their lvl19 instance was too short =/ ).

When/who: this could probably function best as a daily event, open to specific level ranges, much similar to Phoenix Valley. Other alternatives are to make it a weekly event (probably open around mid-afternoon on a weekend, to best accommodate both TW timings as well as those who cannot make the evening times, though this is up to the GM discretion and could be rearranged) open to levels above 50-60+, though this is less suggested than the above. A third alternative is to make it open all the time, to 50-60+ or 80+, though the rewards would have to be decreased to compensate.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Any constructive criticism is appreciated. =)
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What: a water instance! This opens up a huge variety of options and creativity. One could make an underwater maze, with varying depths, tunnels, and underwater structures, where the goal could be to reach the exit, where a boss and/or treasure (from fashion to gear or whatever) is, or to explore the maze and find secrets, or even to collect all the map pieces.
    One could make an underwater temple (no, not a repeat of the dragon temple), complete with legendary water bosses (turtles, frogs, barracudas, piranhas or anything) and secret passages/puzzles, which might give bonuses to character stats (like the meridian system) or great treasure options as noted above! b:victory

and then we get huge QQ threads from "casual players" that think it's an instance for cashopersb:chuckle *points at aba/sot*
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Myerna - Raging Tide
    Myerna - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and then we get huge QQ threads from "casual players" that think it's an instance for cashopersb:chuckle *points at aba/sot*

How would that happen, pray tell? I don't recall mentioning anything that meant it would be "high gear" exclusive, or anything of the like....I even mentioned that a good idea would be to have instances for each group of levels, akin to Phoenix Valley, so this would not favor cash shoppers or "casual players".
    Do you have a better idea? If so, I would love to hear it. b:pleased The whole point was to come up with some nice, more concrete ideas to give the designers some ways they could do it. b:victory