Anni mail solution on Gmail

XLeeu - Heavens Tear
XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Ok so like many of you I had not recieved my anni mail and i use Gmail.

So after 2 days I decided to see what is going on in my Gmail account because there is no way that it could be PWI fault that I have not recieved my e-mail b:chuckle

Any way - I FOUND IT !!!! Whoop Whoop !!!

Ok so if you have a Gmail account and it is not in your inbox or in your spam folder, have a look at this.

On the left side of youor Gmail there is a drop down box where you can go to spam folders etc. Further down there is another folder called CATOGORIES. I found my anni mail for both my accounts in this folder.

I shared this little tidbit on my server in world chat and 5 - 10 minutes later got 18 replies from people saying thanx as they found their mails in the CATOGORIES section as well.

I thought to put this in forum to maybe help some people out.

Now I know it might not be 100% gaurenteed that the mail will be there, but at least for a LOT of people it was.

Check your CATOGORIES section on Gmail - You might me surprised....

Hope it helps at least some of you. b:victory

xLeeu
I eat you last.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
Post edited by XLeeu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• StrokeMyTail - Momaganon
    StrokeMyTail - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am more of a forum reader than a forum poster, but thought this deserved a post.

TY for the infor on Gmail - ROFL !!! I found my anni code in there !!!! HELL YEAH !!!!

Sweetiebot please give xLeeu 10 points for a solution to anni mails b:victory

Tx xLeeu

b:cute
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mine wasn't :(

still waiting
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Awesome. My other account was on gmail and i was kind of wondering about why i didnt have an anni gift on it. Thanks, found it.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Got excited for a minute (all of my accounts are on Gmail but one didn't get a code) but alas, it wasn't there for me. Still, I must thank you for posting this and helping out so many people. Good find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • wolframson
    wolframson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thx for this post! Sadly non of my anni mails were to find there in gmail v.v and all my accounts use gmail, and non got anything so far. But seriously great job!
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    did you guys using gmail also look under the promotions tab of the inbox? Some reported it being sent there
  • __Sunshine - Lost City
    __Sunshine - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think my problem is with the dot...

I dont know why but they dont read the dot, like if my email is exam.ple@gmail.com then on pwi site will be: example@gmail.com.

If u guys know what i'm trying to say xD

I'm waiting for an anwser for the ticket i opened.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i have 3 accts 2 yahoo and 1 gmail. Main got hers alts haven't yet. i don't know if they even will. Meh not worried could be worse.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • wolframson
    wolframson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    looked in spam catagories, all the tabs in the inbox, i am out of ideas.
  • Glandire - Harshlands
    Glandire - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I dont know why but they dont read the dot, like if my email is exam.ple@gmail.com then on pwi site will be: example@gmail.com.

Had the thing with the missing dot as well, so updated my mail just in case, although do not think it was really a problem since I was receiving pw mails just fine. And while changing I even got that "confirm mail change" message to right one (one with dot I mean) so... Magic. xD
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why not just use the search function in gmail? b:laugh It's strange but my 3 y/o and 4 y/o both got codes for the 5 year anni gift, but my 5 y/o account did not. I triple checked my email address and have scoured the inbox (and all subfolders) as well as use the search function. Seems the 5 y/o account is the only one not to be rewarded for its loyalty b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I'm waiting for an anwser for the ticket i opened.

Gmail ignores periods in the email address.

If you register exa.mple@gmail.com, than all mail sent to example@gmail.com, e.xample@gmail.com, e.x.a.m.p.le@gmail.com, exa.mple@gmail.com, etc. will be sent to the exa.mple@gmail.com account.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synchroze
    synchroze Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    Please check my sticky at the top of the forums.
This discussion has been closed.