help!! plz on item addons to gear

Options
popoola
popoola Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello I have been playing PWI for a month now and I am a level 45 cleric and I am wondering if someone can help me!
my question is about item addons to weapons and amour
I know u can refine and imbue gear using shards and mirage celestone but I am see other people that have +6 Magic, strength, dexterity and vitality on there gear how do I get this on my gear. SOME ONE HELP I AM BAFFED!!
thanks
Post edited by popoola on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Item addons (blue stats) are always fixed on a piece of equipment. It is either awarded from a quest,dropped or crafted with these addons on it, or it will never have them. Only Higher level equipment such as Nirvana weapons can be ''rerolled'' where you can gamble for new or higher addons.

Pretty much every item that you can get later on has a fixed set of addons that can change only in number (e.g. +5 DEX instead of +4, but will always have one of those two), such as this crafted Magic Sword; it will always have those stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    in other words, you shouldn't buy gear from NPCs but craft gear, buy from players, use mob drops or from quests
    you only purge once #yopo
  • popoola
    popoola Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So ur saying I can not imbue stone to add attributes??
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    for armor and weapons, no you cannot change the "mods" it provides such as +Magic - not on gears of that level. End game gears can be "re-rolled" as mentioned, but low level gears can not. Sockets are only for +defenses/hp/elemental resistance/mp/evasion/accuracy/physical attack/magical attack.

Rings and necklaces can be "engraved" with additional materials to provide a random attribute such as +Vitality/Magic etc. I wouldn't recommend doing this with low level gears though. Your best bet is to start crafting your own armors, and you'll want to start on that now so that by the time you reach end game you can make your own gears instead of having to rely on someone else to do it for you. You can get much better gears this way (and make some money selling in the auction house as well) than by purchasing stuff from the NPC.